Glasgow March & Rally – 30th November – Protect Our Pensions
GLASGOW TRADE UNION COUNCIL
MARCH & RALLY – 30th NOVEMBER
Glasgow Trades Councill will be having a March & Rally on the
Day of Action, REMEMBER Wednesday 30th November.
The March will start in Shuttle Street (near High St Station) Gathering at 12noon and moving off at 12.30pm
The route will then be George Street,
Cochrane Street, George Square (South), Hanover Street,
Ingram Street, Glassford Street, Trongate and then finishing at
Speakers will start at 1.15.
- US Government steps up climate change action December 1, 2014The US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has released two new plans to reduce its emissions and prepare for the extreme-weather impacts of climate change.
- UK and US not living up to 'green' reputations December 1, 2014The green credentials of the UK and US economies are vastly overrated when compared to their actual performance, a recent report has found
- GALLERY: Top 10 sustainability stories in October 2014 October 31, 2014What were the biggest stories for sustainability professionals in October? Find out in our editor's round-up which takes a look-back at the month in pictures.
- Fashion giants pledge to end supply-chain deforestation October 30, 2014Levi Strauss, H&M and Asos, are among 25 major fashion brands representing more than £45bn in global sales that have committed to an industry campaign to eliminate deforestation from supply chains.
- EU sanctions to spark price rise in solar glass October 29, 2014Businesses looking to add solar installations should move fast, investor services firm IHS has warned, as EU duties on Chinese firms look set to inflate international prices of solar glass.
- VIDEO: Hotel giant eyes 25% energy reduction with green scheme rollout October 29, 2014InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) has announced that 'Green Engage' programme is being extended to incorporate the company's global estate of over 4,700 hotels.
- Ozone hole remains size of North America, Nasa data shows October 31, 2014Antarctic hole in protective layer of gas stands around same level as 2010, 2012 and 2013, but scientists say recovery is on track Continue reading...John Vidal
- Russia accused of blocking creation of vast Antarctic marine reserves October 31, 2014Diplomatic tensions over Ukraine blamed by negotiators for fourth failed attempt to create worlds biggest marine protected areas Continue reading...Karl Mathiesen
- The week in wildlife in pictures October 31, 2014This weeks best images from the natural world include a deaths head hawk moth and a grizzly bear scrumping apples Continue reading...Guardian Staff
- IPCC report: six graphs that show how we're changing the world's climate October 31, 2014We look at the data that underpins the forthcoming IPCC climate science report detailing humanitys influence on the climate, global impacts and solutions Continue reading...Adam Vaughan
- Regreening program to restore one-sixth of Ethiopia's land October 30, 2014Tree and shrub-planting program has transformed degraded and deforested land across Africa, with Ethiopia planning to restore a further 15m hectares by 2030 Continue reading...John Vidal
- Greenpeace says John West tuna fish deal with WWF is just green spin October 31, 2014Campaigners say John West owner MW Brand has backtracked on promise to stop using controversial FAD fishing devices Continue reading...Sarah Butler
- Better Banks January 23, 2013Short title: Better Banks We're on our way to a better financial system. Find out how you can help us make better banks. Background image:
- Dance For The Climate November 11, 2009In August 2009 over 10.000 people danced for the climate on the Ostend Beach in Belgium. By joining this global movement and adding your own dance video to this site, you make your own statement that we have to act now on climate change. read more
- News teaser September 29, 2009Contact the Friends of the Earth Scotland media office: During working hours: 0131 243 2719 Out of hours: 0131 243 2715 Go to the blog Share buttons: No buttons
- Our Successes August 11, 2009Our campaigns get noticed and without us Scotland would not have many of the environmental successes we have today. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Our Purpose August 11, 2009We are the leading organisation in Scotland that is working for environmental justice, campaigning for the planet and its people. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- HAPPY HALLOWEEN, NAZI SCUM! @edlnews @slatfascists @misslbuttercupNazi zombies, your time is over!
- Facebook killed the internet star: reflections on radical mediaIn September, the SchNEWS radical media collective issued a statement saying they had decided to call it a day. Although SchNEWS might publish one-off articles in the future, the direct action newsheet will no longer be published regularly.This article is a personal reflection by a one-time SchNEWS contributor. It's not a statement from SchNEWS itself, […]
- Social Centres Gathering , 8th / 9th NovemberA weekend of talks and skill shares for anyone interested in or involved in autonomous social centres and spaces.
- Death Drones are Arriving in Llanbedr - ProtestProtest the use of Llanbedr airfield for drone testing - Noon 30 Oct
- Execution of "Occupy Democracy" and the Banality of EvilThe sense of duty trumped ethics in the state repression at Parliament Square
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- RT @MMNNGreenWorld: .@BBCNews YES YES YES! 1,000 RTs of ABOVE tweet in < 2 HOURS to #invitetheGreens Now that's #PeoplePower! #bbcqt ;-) ht… 19 hours ago
- RT @Dinki777: RT @hot_poppy2412: facebook.com/events/1560711… please join this event for #OpKillingBay http://t.co/eoXYzSAHfN 19 hours ago
- Does anyone have any plans for building a motorcycle trailer? 19 hours ago
- RT @DanielGennaoui: 5 incredible hidden street art pieces from around the world: bit.ly/NiumeStreetart… #streetart #art http://t.co/1DfcxQk… 1 day ago
- RT @Sid_Vicious999: SUPPORT AND RT #ANONFAMILY #OPNULLDENMARK http://t.co/ElQvjsY2MU 1 day ago
- RT @YvettevEechoud: Germany and Netherlands #recycling & #nolandfill champions of EU! 🌱🍀 http://t.co/WLMLCJk7Ic 1 day ago
- RT @dunoonobserver: Falling population is a threat to Argyll and Bute's economic prosperity - but how do we attract young people to... http… 1 day ago
- RT @CasualUltra_: Pyro from the St. Pauli fans vs. Borussia Dortmund tonight! #NoPyroNoParty http://t.co/ueNGAOUA1r 2 days ago
Please answer poll
Site Posts Calendar
Oxford Indymedia Events
- Lucy Ward in Concert with Jackie Oates & Megan Henwood November 3, 2014 at 8:00 pm http://www.nettlebedfolkclub.co.uk/index.html
Climate Change Events
- Réunion des Sciences de la Terre (Earth Sciences Meeting) October 27, 2014 – November 1, 2014 Pau, France
- ESA-SOLAS-EGU "Earth Observation for Ocean-Atmosphere Interactions Science 2014 - Responding to the new scientific challenges of SOLAS" October 28, 2014 – November 1, 2014 Frascati, Italy
- Training school "Earthquakes: nucleation, triggering, and relati onship with aseismic prcesses" November 3, 2014 – November 11, 2014 Cargèse, Corsica
- Lithosphere 2014 Symposium November 4, 2014 – November 7, 2014 Turku / Åbo, Finland
- DPS 2014 - 46th Annual Meeting November 9, 2014 – November 15, 2014 Tucson, USA
- 10th Annual HSE Forum in Energy November 3, 2014 at 9:00 am – November 5, 2014 at 5:00 pm , Doha, Qatar
- IUCN World Parks Congress November 12, 2014 at 12:00 am – November 19, 2014 at 12:00 am , Sydney, Australia
- G20 Leaders Summit November 15, 2014 at 12:00 am – 12:00 am Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre, Brisbane, Australia
- UNFCCC COP-20 December 1, 2014 at 9:00 am – December 12, 2014 at 6:00 pm , Lima, Peru
- Third United Nations Forum on Business and Human Rights December 1, 2014 at 9:00 am – December 3, 2014 at 5:00 pm Palais des Nations, Geneva, Switzerland
- Arctic Biodiversity Congress December 2, 2014 at 12:00 am – December 4, 2014 at 12:00 am , Trondheim, Norway