Glasgow March & Rally – 30th November – Protect Our Pensions
GLASGOW TRADE UNION COUNCIL
MARCH & RALLY – 30th NOVEMBER
Glasgow Trades Councill will be having a March & Rally on the
Day of Action, REMEMBER Wednesday 30th November.
The March will start in Shuttle Street (near High St Station) Gathering at 12noon and moving off at 12.30pm
The route will then be George Street,
Cochrane Street, George Square (South), Hanover Street,
Ingram Street, Glassford Street, Trongate and then finishing at
Speakers will start at 1.15.
- Major worldwide companies failing to address water scarcity October 18, 2012The majority of the world's largest companies lack a long-term water strategy, according to a report from the professional services company KPMG.
- Water bills could quadruple for Irish businesses October 17, 2012The price of water would quadruple in Ireland if European trends are applied, according to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and it is therefore crucial that businesses tackle water efficiency.
- Sustainable businesses need 'transparent dialogue with stakeholders' October 12, 2012Feedback and the views from stakeholders must be accounted for when businesses develop their sustainability strategies, says Asia Pulp & Paper's (APP) sustainability manager.
- Audi powers up with biofuels from wastewater October 10, 2012Audi is pioneering the development of eco-fuels from wastewater which will offer sustainable alternatives to petrol and diesel.
- PUMA costs out environmental 'calories' of its products October 9, 2012PUMA has scaled up its environmental profit and loss (EP&L) reporting to a product level, effectively putting a carbon 'price tag' on the shoes and clothing it produces.
- Robotic recycling firm set for high powered growth September 27, 2012ZenRobotics has secured €13m in investment funding to grow and commercialise its robotic waste recycling system, following the sale of its first ZenRobotics Recycler in a deal worth €1m.
- Woodlands suffer worst damage in 20 years March 7, 2014Woodlands have suffered worst damage for more than two decades, says National Trust
- Tourists film rhino with hacked-off horn March 6, 2014Grisly footage captured by tourists shows disoriented animal wandering around Kruger national parkJessica AldredJessica Aldred
- Will fossil fuels melt the global economy? March 6, 2014What does the carbon bubble mean for the global economy and action on climate change? With your help, Karl Mathiesen investigates.Karl MathiesenKarl Mathiesen
- £20m for Somerset Levels plan March 6, 2014But funding falls far short of the expected £100m total cost of 20-year planThe UK government will back a 20-year flood action plan for the Somerset Levels with £20m, environment secretary Owen Paterson announced on Thursday.However, the funding falls far short of the expected £100m total cost of the plan, which includes a tidal barrage across the River Parr […]Damian Carrington
- Eric Pickles guilty of 'double standards' March 6, 2014Green energy boss Dale Vince says communities secretary is applying greater local scrutiny to windfarms than frackingThe communities secretary, Eric Pickles, is guilty of "double standards" because of the much greater local scrutiny applied to windfarm applications compared to fracking plans, according to a green energy boss.Greater consultation wi […]Damian Carrington
- No government rescue as first Chinese company defaults on domestic bonds March 7, 2014Analysts say Shanghai Chaori Solar default shows China is beginning to let market decide fate of weak borrowersA solar-panel manufacturer has become the first Chinese company to default on domestic bonds, in a watershed moment for market forces in the world's second largest economy.There was no sign of a last-minute government rescue for Shanghai Chaori […]Jennifer Rankin
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Ukraine: US, EU, Look in the Mirror !Ukraine: Don't Blame President Putin - US, EU, Look in the Mirror. ......... "If you can keep your head, when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you ..." ("If", Rudyard Kipling, 1865-1936.) The delusional and mind stretching hypocrisy of Western leaders and spokespeople regarding the outcome of external meddling in the […]
- Stephen Lawrence cover-up cop's bar in MenorcaDS John Davidson interviewed witness 24 hours after racist murder, who gave names and addresses of killers, but failed to act (he was pals with the gangster daddy of one of the killers). He took his police pension and bought a bar in Menorca which he is now selling (can't guess why!). Why not visit before he gets shot of it?
- No to Fracking in Solent Benefit Featuring Seize The DayFrackin' Party!!With Seize The Day!:@)
- Brighton Anniversary Miners Benefit8/03/14 Friends Meeting House in Brighton..Miners,Music.etc...1pm...
- On Ukraine, Ashton & Paet Discussed ... audio!On Ukraine, Ashton & Paet Discussed "Same Snipers" Shooting Both Sides ...... On Ukraine more leaked audio has emerged on YouTube, in what we're calling Kwikileaks, of the EU's Catherine Ashton and Estonia's Foreign Minister Urmas Paet. Click here for audio http://youtu.be/ZEgJ0oo3OA8 , particularly from Minute 8:30.
- Take the Big Veg Pledge this March January 8, 1914Are you thinking about going veggie? Maybe you know someone who is? March is Veggie Month and it’s the perfect time to go meat-free by taking part in Animal Aid’s Big Veg Pledge. Adopting a vegetarian diet is easy, healthy,...
- Why Cheltenham Racecourse is the most lethal in Britain: A major new Animal Aid analysis February 5, 1914Crowded races, long distances to run, the use in demanding events of novice horses, stiff fences and challenging racing ground … these are key factors that lead to more horses being killed at Cheltenham Racecourse than at any other track in Brit...
- Animal Aid to take action against cruel Cambridge experiments February 6, 1915Animal Aid will be joined by Cambridge activists this Thursday (March 6) as it steps up the pressure against cruel animal experiments performed at the city’s university. The day of peaceful protest will feature Animal Aid’s ‘battle bu...
- Eating animal protein is linked to early death and cancer February 6, 1916New research published in the journal Cell Metabolism shows that eating high levels of protein from animal sources – such as meat, milk and eggs – increases the risk of death from cancer by four times and the overall risk of early ...
- ASA's 'perverse' ruling on anti-vivisection ad January 8, 1922Animal Aid has pledged to campaign more robustly than ever against the large-scale suffering involved in the breeding and use, in biomedical experiments, of genetically modified mice. The undertaking comes in response to a decision by the Advertising S...
- Albania’s Hunting Ban: Birds and Mammals Get a Two-Year Break wp.me/pPEwS-2d7 3 days ago
- Love for rhinos on World Wildlife Day wp.me/pPEwS-2d5 3 days ago
- My new bike, well not quite new, 1988. Love old things. http://t.co/reR78N7q59 3 days ago
- Wild Beavers Seen In England For First Time wp.me/pPEwS-2d4 3 days ago
- BORN TO DIE in a UK laboratory wp.me/pPEwS-2d2 4 days ago
- Tesco’s dodgy tuna wp.me/pPEwS-2d0 4 days ago
- Badger cull cruel and ineffective wp.me/pPEwS-2cY 4 days ago
- I liked a @YouTube video youtu.be/z0ish567ZgU?a Rat Rod Jeep Death-Wish Trip! - Roadkill Episode 15 4 days ago
Please answer poll
Site Posts Calendar
Oxford Indymedia Events
No upcoming events
Climate Change Events
- 9th EGU Alexander von Humboldt International Conference on High Im pact Natural Hazards Related to the Euro-Mediterranean Region March 24, 2014 – March 29, 2014 Istanbul, Turkey
- Wave Interaction - 2014 April 23, 2014 – April 27, 2014 Linz, Austria
- Operational Techniques in Volcanic Hazard Assessment April 24, 2014 – April 26, 2014 Vienna, Austria
- EGU General Assembly 2014 April 27, 2014 – May 3, 2014 Vienna, Austria
- JpGU Meeting 2014 April 28, 2014 – May 3, 2014 Yokohama, Japan
- Webinar: The Marine Geospatial Bibliography (1 of 2) March 10, 2014 at 9:00 am – 10:00 am , , United Kingdom
- Webinar: The Marine Geospatial Bibliography (2 of 2) March 10, 2014 at 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm , , United Kingdom
- CSR Asia: Business and Human Rights training course March 14, 2014 at 9:00 am – March 17, 2014 at 4:00 pm , Bangkok, Thailand
- The Future Now: Search and Mapping in the Energy Industry March 14, 2014 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Millenium Copthorne, Aberdeen, United Kingdom
- 2014 SPE International Conference on HSE in Oil and Gas E&P March 17, 2014 at 9:00 am – March 19, 2014 at 5:00 pm Long Beach Convention & Entertainment Center, Long Beach, California, United n States
- Health Committee Meeting March 20, 2014 at 8:30 am – 5:30 pm Renaissance Long Beach Hotel, Long Beach, California, United States