Glasgow March & Rally – 30th November – Protect Our Pensions
GLASGOW TRADE UNION COUNCIL
MARCH & RALLY – 30th NOVEMBER
Glasgow Trades Councill will be having a March & Rally on the
Day of Action, REMEMBER Wednesday 30th November.
The March will start in Shuttle Street (near High St Station) Gathering at 12noon and moving off at 12.30pm
The route will then be George Street,
Cochrane Street, George Square (South), Hanover Street,
Ingram Street, Glassford Street, Trongate and then finishing at
Speakers will start at 1.15.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- Cicadageddon hits New YorkCicadas and their exoskeletons have been found found littering the New York borough as the insects prepare to mate – and then dieAdam Gabbatt
- Running shoes have large impactA typical pair of synthetic trainers generates 30lbs of emissions, equivalent to leaving a 100-watt bulb burning for a weekRunners tread more heavily on the earth than they may have ever imagined, especially it seems if they are wearing a pair of Chinese-made men's size nine Asics gel Kayanos, according to a team of MIT scientists.A new pair of syntheti […]
- What are your training tips for hill climbs?Planning ahead, a steady rhythm and stocking up on decent snacks have all been recommendedThe Guardian's Kate McCann is among the lucky 20,000 people to have secured a place in August's London-Surrey 100 event. In the coming months she'll be writing a series of updates about preparing for her first long-distance ride – and asking for tips.Thre […]
- Secret life of climate trolls: part twoThe Climate Desk team meet nuclear physicist and troll-slaying online truth crusader Rosi Reed
- Don't delay, government toldCommittee on Climate Change says the sooner the UK invests in low-carbon power generation the cheaper it will beInvesting in new renewable power generation, rather than a "dash for gas", will be the lower-cost option for keeping the lights on while cutting greenhouse gas emissions, the government's climate change watchdog has said.The sooner t […]
- Will green energy prove cheaper than gas?The Committee on Climate Change argues that, in the long term, low-carbon energy will cost less than gas. Leo Hickman, with your help, investigates.Leo Hickman
- News: Wave power scheme great news for clean energyWelcoming the announcement of the world's largest wave power scheme, Dr Richard Dixon, Director of Friends of the Earth Scotland, said: "This is great news. Wave power has a huge role to play in making clean, green electricity around the world and Scotland is a global leader in developing this technology. Congratulations to Aquamarine for developin […]
- Events: Fife Diet screening of 'Do the Math'Location: The Music Institute at Carnegie Hall East Port, Dunfermline Date: 5 June 2013 - 7:30pm - 9:30pm Map link: http://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=East%20Port,%20Dunfermline%2C%20KY12%207JA%2C%20United%20Kingdom Join the global grassroots movement 350.org in a viewing the short film, Do the Math, about the rising movement in the United States to change […]
- News: Coalbed methane and fracking 'unregulatable' says toxins expertInternationally acclaimed toxins experts Dr Mariann Lloyd-Smith will tomorrow (21 May) tell the Scottish Parliament that the environmental and health impacts of unconventional gas extraction are impossible to regulate safely. Dr Lloyd-Smith arrives in Scotland as news emerges that Dart Energy have stopped drilling at their flagship project in Airth, followin […]
- News: Protestors Outside Cairn Energy's AGM todayFriends of the Earth Scotland Press ReleaseENVIRONMENTALISTS PROTEST AT CAIRN ENERGY'S AGM TODAY IN EDINBURGHFREE HIGH RES PICTURES: http://www.flickr.com/photos/friendsoftheearthscotland/sets/721576335094...Activists from Friends of the Earth Scotland gathered today (16 May) outside Cairn Energy's AGM in Edinburgh, dressed as cowboys to highlight […]
- News: Campaigners blow up a mountain outside RBS AGMFriends of the Earth ScotlandFor immediate releaseFREE PICTURES: http://www.flickr.com/photos/friendsoftheearthscotland/8737490275/RBS Mountaintop Removal Protest at RBS Bank headquarters AGM, Edinburgh, 14/05/2013:Friends of the Earth Scotland demonstrators protest outside the RBS AGM, held at Gogarburn, the bank's global headquarters.Pictured are Frie […]
- Brighton squat trial resumes tomorrowThe squat trial which began in April resumes tomorrow in Brighton, come down to see s144 get the bashing it deserves.
- Hunting Wildlife Crime Officer Removed From PostHunt Saboteurs have today welcomed news that PC Sarah Ward, from North Yorkshire Police is no longer in position as a Wildlife Crime Officer. This comes after a complaint made by a saboteur about the officers link to the Badsworth & Bramham Moor Foxhounds.
- U.K. anarchist publication “Return Fire” releasedOur new zine Return Fire is now available. It's a diverse mix with liberatory aims, which we hope to be informative and inspiring for anyone who decides to make their life a weapon against the dominant order.
- UG#640 - The Making Of The National Security State (The Power Principle 1)We devote the whole show to the first part of a radio adaptation of the 2012 Metanoia film, The Power Principle. Using examples of Iran, Guatemala, Congo, Chile and Greece a wide range of insiders and historians unmask the Cold War as a propaganda cover for the war between the rest of the world and resource hungry US corporations.
- UG#641 - The Making Of The National Security State (The Power Principle 2)We continue where we left off last in episode #640, with a radio adaptation of the remainder of the most recent of Scott Noble's 2012 film, The Power Principle. This half focuses on the sequence of fears used by the ruling elite to keep the 99% submissive and afraid, whether of communists, nuclear war or Muslim fundamentalists. Insiders and other commen […]
- AnimalRightsUK: Please Share widely! http://t.co/s6OWtl41FBAnimalRightsUK: Please Share widely! http://t.co/s6OWtl41FB
- AnimalRightsUK: I posted a new photo to Facebook http://t.co/i58JHhbqfOAnimalRightsUK: I posted a new photo to Facebook http://t.co/i58JHhbqfO
- AnimalRightsUK: Dorset badger culling licence application notification in local newspaper http://t.co/txJVR88HA3AnimalRightsUK: Dorset badger culling licence application notification in local newspaper http://t.co/txJVR88HA3
- AnimalRightsUK: Government licensed secret buzzard egg destruction, documents reveal http://t.co/LUKz6AxiUOAnimalRightsUK: Government licensed secret buzzard egg destruction, documents reveal http://t.co/LUKz6AxiUO
- HyperSmash.com wp.me/sPEwS-6491 2 hours ago
- blogpingtool.com wp.me/sPEwS-6488 2 hours ago
- Absolutely no regard for life wp.me/pPEwS-1GB 2 hours ago
- Hunting Wildlife Crime Officer removed from post wp.me/pPEwS-1Gg 9 hours ago
- Anti-repression group & trial statement wp.me/pPEwS-1Ge 9 hours ago
- Npower wp.me/sPEwS-npower 9 hours ago
- Live Export: Abuse, Neglect and a Painful Death wp.me/pPEwS-1G9 9 hours ago
- When the oxygen runs out wp.me/pPEwS-1G7 9 hours ago
Please answer poll
Site Posts Calendar
- Shadows on the Wall May 25, 2013 at 7:30 pm – 8:30 pm The Old Fire Station
- Shadows on the Wall May 27, 2013 at 4:30 pm – 5:30 pm The Old Fire Station
- Oxcred - A new digital currency for Oxford May 29, 2013 at 6:30 pm OARC http://theoarc.org.uk/
- Shadows on the Wall June 7, 2013 at 4:30 pm – 4:30 pm The Old Fire Station
No upcoming events