Glasgow March & Rally – 30th November – Protect Our Pensions
GLASGOW TRADE UNION COUNCIL
MARCH & RALLY – 30th NOVEMBER
Glasgow Trades Councill will be having a March & Rally on the
Day of Action, REMEMBER Wednesday 30th November.
The March will start in Shuttle Street (near High St Station) Gathering at 12noon and moving off at 12.30pm
The route will then be George Street,
Cochrane Street, George Square (South), Hanover Street,
Ingram Street, Glassford Street, Trongate and then finishing at
Speakers will start at 1.15.
- Renewable energy capacity grows at record levels August 29, 2014Wind, solar and hydro energy grew at its fastest ever pace last year, equating to almost 22% of global power generation, according to a new report from the International Energy Agency (IEA).
- Local collectives needed to prevent privatisation of water resources August 29, 2014Ahead of World Water Week 2014, new research has concluded that the world's water reserves will increasingly fail to meet demand over the coming years, leaving a third of the global population without adequate drinking water by 2025.
- Cotton supply chain urged to help reduce water footprint August 29, 2014More support is needed for smallholder cotton farmers in the developing world as they grapple with the effects of water scarcity which could put the global cotton industry at serious risk.
- Brewing a better future: Heineken highlights benefits of local sourcing August 28, 2014Dutch brewing company Heineken has stepped up its commitment to source the majority of its agricultural raw materials from Africa in a bid to boost crop yield and cash income for smallholder farms across the continent.
- Big power out, solar in: UBS urges investors to join renewables revolution August 28, 2014World's largest private bank predicts large-scale power stations will soon make way for electric cars and new solar technologies.
- Shifting biofuels goals could threaten industry development August 28, 2014US and EU moves to reduce overarching biofuels targets may damage the industry's growth and its place in tomorrow's renewables mix.
- Coalgate: India urges supreme court not to close coal mines September 1, 2014Narendra Modis government pleads to exempt 46 illegal licences arguing total shutdown will cripple the power sector Continue reading...Karl Mathiesen
- British Wildlife Photography Awards in pictures September 1, 2014A selection of winning images from this years BWPA competition Continue reading...Guardian Staff
- Clock stops to mark last passenger pigeon's death 100 years ago September 1, 2014Species was once the worlds most abundant bird with flocks that darkened skies, but the last one Martha died in 1914 Continue reading...Press Association
- UK political parties urged to include green pledges in election manifestos September 1, 2014Campaigners including National Trust and Greenpeace ask politicians to demonstrate their commitment to the environment Continue reading...Fiona Harvey, environment correspondent
- Warblers and turtle doves join RSPB list of birds at risk of dying out August 30, 2014Bad weather and loss of habitat blamed as more breeding native species are at risk of extinction Continue reading...Jamie Doward and Atoosa Gitiforoz
- A doomed Earth of science fiction may well become a reality September 1, 2014Our climate altering activities are hurtling us towards the fictional future of a hot, melting world Continue reading...Andrew Simms
- Dance For The Climate November 11, 2009In August 2009 over 10.000 people danced for the climate on the Ostend Beach in Belgium. By joining this global movement and adding your own dance video to this site, you make your own statement that we have to act now on climate change. read more
- News teaser September 29, 2009Contact the Friends of the Earth Scotland media office: During working hours: 0131 243 2719 Out of hours: 0131 243 2715 Go to the blog Share buttons: No buttons
- Our Successes August 11, 2009Our campaigns get noticed and without us Scotland would not have many of the environmental successes we have today. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Our Purpose August 11, 2009We are the leading organisation in Scotland that is working for environmental justice, campaigning for the planet and its people. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- About Us August 11, 2009We are a campaigning organisation that appeals to all walks of life with a shared vision of a better place to live. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- A very modern slaveryYou would have thought slavery was a thing of the past in an American board-room, but think again, racism is as alive as it was a hundred years ago at PCC Precision Castparts Corp.
- Photos and video from Kedem protest in EdinburghSeven photos and a video of the Edinburgh SPSC (Scottish Palestine Solidarity Campaign) protest at the Kedem stall in Ocean Mall, Edinburgh.
- 15 photos from Edinburgh Mela 201415 photos from this year's Edinburgh Mela.
- Cyber-autonomy: A Tactical Approach to MediaPublic debate on digital media tends to be organised in “either-ors.” Such polarisation allows for clarifying positions, but it doesn’t do justice to the messy dynamics of everyday digital practice. Paolo Gerbaudo’s recent contribution on internet activism in OT24 is no exception. He contrasts what he calls a “cyber separatist strategy” allegedly pursued by […]
- Anarchist report from FergusonThree Rivers Earth First! sent me to scout Ferguson and do a report back. Here it is.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Hunt Saboteur hospitalised wp.me/pPEwS-2jd 11 hours ago
- I liked a @YouTube video youtu.be/tEwlFt9b1ts?a Dolores Keane - Caledonia (With On-Screen Lyrics) 12 hours ago
- I liked a @YouTube video youtu.be/4nHPULSyD7M?a GOING HOME : RUNRIG : ISLE OF SKYE. 12 hours ago
- I liked a @YouTube video youtu.be/wP8A9rtg0iI?a Dougie MacLean - Caledonia 12 hours ago
- Wolves and man wp.me/pPEwS-2jb 1 day ago
- Matalan wp.me/sPEwS-matalan 1 day ago
- The chicken industry wp.me/pPEwS-2j7 1 day ago
- Go Vegan wp.me/pPEwS-2j5 1 day ago
Please answer poll
Site Posts Calendar
Oxford Indymedia Events
- Our Jerusalem: Art work by Jordanian Children August 18, 2014 at 6:00 pm – September 12, 2014 at 6:00 pm Gallery Wall Oxford Central Library
Climate Change Events
- 24th European Cosmic Ray Symposium (ECRS2014) September 1, 2014 – September 6, 2014 Kiel, Germany
- GeoMod 2014 September 1, 2014 – September 6, 2014 Berlin, Germany
- Wegener 2014: Measuring and Modelling our Dynamic Planet September 1, 2014 – September 5, 2014 Leeds, UK
- Short Courses EPSC 2014 September 6, 2014 – September 13, 2014 Cascais, Portugal
- European Planetary Science Congress (EPSC) 2014 September 7, 2014 – September 13, 2014 Cascais, Portugal
- Seminar on oil spill response science and technology September 2, 2014 at 7:30 am – September 3, 2014 at 5:30 pm , Yantai, China
- Training course for level 3 commanders of oil spill response September 4, 2014 at 7:00 am – September 5, 2014 at 5:00 pm , Yantai, China
- The SPE African HSE Conference and Exhibition 2014 September 15, 2014 at 8:15 am – September 17, 2014 at 4:15 pm , Maputo, Mozambique
- CSR Asia Summit 2014 September 16, 2014 at 8:00 am – September 17, 2014 at 4:00 pm Kowloon Shangri-La , , Hong Kong
- African Regional Forum on Business and Human Rights September 16, 2014 at 8:00 am – September 18, 2014 at 4:00 pm , Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- 7th edition of the Middle East Health, Safety, Environment and Sustainable n Development Conference September 21, 2014 at 11:00 pm – September 23, 2014 at 11:00 pm Qatar National Convention Centre, , Qatar