Save Our Services Update
The Council have postponed taking a decision on the privitisation of Integrated Facilities Management and Corporate and Transactional Services contracts from 22nd December 2011 to 19th January 2012.
They say the new date will provide additional time for elected members to consider the business cases but when will they tell the public?
Come to the public meeting as it is still very important to let our elected members know what we think.
Tuesday 13th December at Meadowbank Arts Centre (St. Margaret’s House, 151 London Road, just along from Meadowbank stadium) 7pm.
- Big power out, solar in: UBS urges investors to join renewables revolution August 28, 2014World's largest private bank predicts large-scale power stations will soon make way for electric cars and new solar technologies.
- Shifting biofuels goals could threaten industry development August 28, 2014US and EU moves to reduce overarching biofuels targets may damage the industry's growth and its place in tomorrow's renewables mix.
- Central American farmers generate energy from coffee wastewater August 27, 2014The 'Energy from Coffee Wastewater' project has proven that it is possible to generate energy, tackle climate change and protect water resources by treating discharges from coffee mills.
- The Positive Cup: Nespresso ploughs £330m into sustainable development August 27, 2014Nestle's coffee brand is accelerating its sustainability focus with the launch of an ambitious new programme to become 'carbon neutral' by 2020.
- VIDEO: Empire State Building takes energy efficiency to new heights August 26, 2014The world's most famous office building is reaping the benefits of its innovative energy efficiency programme with a saving of almost $3m in 2013.
- Coca-Cola rapped for using too much water August 26, 2014Coca-Cola has been labelled a 'shameless and unethical company' after being forced to abandon a new $25m bottling plant in northern India because it was extracting too much groundwater.
- Big power out, solar in: UBS urges investors to join renewables revolution August 27, 2014Worlds largest private bank predicts large-scale power stations will soon make way for electric cars and new solar technologies Continue reading...John Vidal
- Do dams destroy rivers? August 27, 2014A new study has found links between dams and the declining health of river systems. With your help, Karl Mathiesen investigates whether dams are killing the worlds great rivers.Post your thoughts in the comments below, email email@example.com or tweet @karlmathiesen Continue reading...Karl Mathiesen
- New coal power stations threat to EUs emissions target August 27, 2014Burning Europes lignite reserves would wipe out carbon budget from 2020 until the end of the century, says Greenpeace Continue reading...Karl Mathiesen
- Rainbow world: the most colourful places on Earth in pictures August 27, 2014The world is full of landscapes that are so surreal, and so intensely coloured, that its hard to believe they really exist. Take a look at some of the strangest, and most vibrant, views in the world, from a pink lake in Senegal to striped rock formations in China Continue reading...Sarah Gilbert
- Barrier Reef: government MP says he 'got it wrong' on dredging spoil support August 27, 2014Australian MP George Christensen writes open letter, saying he has started looking at options to dump dredging spoil on land Continue reading...Oliver Milman
- London to get hybrid buses that could charge wirelessly August 28, 2014Transport for London trial to equip bus stops to boost batteries wirelessly when the buses arrive, reports BusinessGreen Continue reading...James Murray for Business Green, part of the Guardian Environment Network
- Dance For The Climate November 11, 2009In August 2009 over 10.000 people danced for the climate on the Ostend Beach in Belgium. By joining this global movement and adding your own dance video to this site, you make your own statement that we have to act now on climate change. read more
- News teaser September 29, 2009Contact the Friends of the Earth Scotland media office: During working hours: 0131 243 2719 Out of hours: 0131 243 2715 Go to the blog Share buttons: No buttons
- Our Successes August 11, 2009Our campaigns get noticed and without us Scotland would not have many of the environmental successes we have today. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Our Purpose August 11, 2009We are the leading organisation in Scotland that is working for environmental justice, campaigning for the planet and its people. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- About Us August 11, 2009We are a campaigning organisation that appeals to all walks of life with a shared vision of a better place to live. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- HUGE fuck-up by Indymediahttps://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2014/08/517805.html?c=on
- Naming Gaza's Dead VigilA powerful action by Lancaster Palestine Solidarity Campaign, naming some of those who were killed in the recent bombings of Gaza by the Israeli military, and providing an opportunity for people to connect with the names behind the numbers. Part of ongoing campigns and actions to protest the unbearable situation in Gaza, which continues even after the recent […]
- Police raid server, Bristol IMC closing downBristol Indymedia site is now officially closed for good following a police raid targeting an anarchist group.
- List of voters in Colorado, U.S.A. (public record)A public record of voters in Colorado, U.S.A.
- Snitch-jacketing in our movements: time to stop destructive rumoursUnfounded rumours are destroying the reputations of activists without good reason. In the following statement the Activist Security collective is saying that not only do we need to check this behaviour, but that people who continue to spread unfounded rumours about individuals after they’ve been asked to stop will be publicly named.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- RT @boycottdogmeat: No... just no #opnulldenmark #dogs http://t.co/WfiVULMdm8 3 hours ago
- Illegal Dumping of Municipal Solid Waste Continues at Pondicherry’s Truck Terminal wp.me/pPEwS-2iP 3 hours ago
- Please sign and share this petition #animalrights #Egypt #نادي_الجزيرة #احتجاج_على_مجازر_نادى_الجزيرة wp.me/pPEwS-2iO 3 hours ago
- Who Wants to See Animals in Tiny Cages? wp.me/pPEwS-2iM 3 hours ago
- Help Stop Cruel Pig Wrestling wp.me/pPEwS-2iL 3 hours ago
- CEO kicks puppy wp.me/pPEwS-2iJ 3 hours ago
- Multimillionaire CEO Caught On Tape Kicking Puppy (GRAPHIC VIDEO) huff.to/1tL7rJA via @HuffPostCrime 4 hours ago
- Centerplate CEO put on probation following puppy-kicking incident wp.me/pPEwS-2iH 4 hours ago
Please answer poll
Site Posts Calendar
Oxford Indymedia Events
- Our Jerusalem: Art work by Jordanian Children August 18, 2014 at 6:00 pm – September 12, 2014 at 6:00 pm Gallery Wall Oxford Central Library
Climate Change Events
- 22nd EM Induction Workshop Weimar, Germany 24 – 30 August 2014 August 24, 2014 – August 31, 2014 Weimar, Germany
- Short Course in Climate Extremes Analysis August 27, 2014 – August 30, 2014 Hannover, Germany
- BIT's 4th Annual World Congress of Agriculture 2014 August 29, 2014 – September 1, 2014 Changchun, China
- 24th European Cosmic Ray Symposium (ECRS2014) September 1, 2014 – September 6, 2014 Kiel, Germany
- GeoMod 2014 September 1, 2014 – September 6, 2014 Berlin, Germany
- World Water Week 2014 August 30, 2014 at 11:00 pm – September 4, 2014 at 11:00 pm Stockholmsmässan, Stockholm, Sweden
- Seminar on oil spill response science and technology September 2, 2014 at 7:30 am – September 3, 2014 at 5:30 pm , Yantai, China
- Training course for level 3 commanders of oil spill response September 4, 2014 at 7:00 am – September 5, 2014 at 5:00 pm , Yantai, China
- The SPE African HSE Conference and Exhibition 2014 September 15, 2014 at 8:15 am – September 17, 2014 at 4:15 pm , Maputo, Mozambique
- African Regional Forum on Business and Human Rights September 16, 2014 at 8:00 am – September 18, 2014 at 4:00 pm , Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- CSR Asia Summit 2014 September 16, 2014 at 8:00 am – September 17, 2014 at 4:00 pm Kowloon Shangri-La , , Hong Kong