JP Wood (@JamesWoodAR) has shared a tweet with you
Happy birthday to Stanley Kubrick who famously declared, “If it can be written or thought, it can be filmed.” @Criterion — Stephen O’Malley (@IdeologicOrgan)
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Urban parklife: a miniature world in pictures July 23, 2014Many insects can be seen emerging during the summer months in local UK urban parks. Close-ups in London reveal flowers coming in to full bloom, while butterflies, moths, bees and other insects play a vital role in the food chain by pollinating plants, and providing a source of food for predators such as bats. Photographs by Dan Kitwood/Getty Images Continue […]Dan Kitwood/Getty Images
- Germany, UK and Poland top dirty 30 list of EU coal-fired power stations July 22, 2014Environmental study highlights health effects from pollution, with Germany coming top, and the UK third in total coal consumption Continue reading...Damian Carrington
- Water, super-sewers and the filth threatening the River Thames July 22, 2014The Great Stink of the 1800s alerted politicians to the filth in the Thames. The Victorian sewers fixed it, but trouble is brewing again. Is a clean river just a pipe dream? Continue reading...Stuart Jeffries
- George Osborne defeated in attempt to weaken UK carbon budget July 22, 2014Ed Davey says legally-binding target for 2023-2027 the most ambitious in the developed world will not change Continue reading...Adam Vaughan and Damian Carrington
- Giving up beef will reduce carbon footprint more than cars, says expert July 21, 2014Study shows red meat dwarfs others for environmental impact, using 28 times more land and 11 times water for pork or chicken Continue reading...Damian Carrington
- The strange relationship between global warming denial and... speaking English July 23, 2014Polling from IPSO Mori shows US clearly the worst in its climate denial, followed by UK and Australia, reports Climate Desk Continue reading...Chris Mooney for Climate Desk, part of the Guardian Environment Network
- Volunteering opportunity: Sustainable Economy Volunteer June 6, 2014Volunteering opportunity: Sustainable Economy Volunteer FoES is leading a coalition of environmental organisations, trade unions and anti-poverty campaigns on an Enquiry About Sustainable Alternative Economic Policy. The first conference will take place on 11 September in Glasgow University. This post will support the event and the process, involving both or […]
- Dance For The Climate November 11, 2009In August 2009 over 10.000 people danced for the climate on the Ostend Beach in Belgium. By joining this global movement and adding your own dance video to this site, you make your own statement that we have to act now on climate change. read more
- News teaser September 29, 2009Contact the Friends of the Earth Scotland media office: During working hours: 0131 243 2719 Out of hours: 0131 243 2715 Go to the blog Share buttons: No buttons
- Our Successes August 11, 2009Our campaigns get noticed and without us Scotland would not have many of the environmental successes we have today. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Our Purpose August 11, 2009We are the leading organisation in Scotland that is working for environmental justice, campaigning for the planet and its people. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Statement on the Gaza GenocideIn the past week, Israeli military forces have escalated their offensive on the Gaza Strip. Israeli warplanes have increasingly targeted houses, civilian-populated areas and civilian facilities in the Gaza strip. Israeli warplanes have destroyed a number of houses while their residents were inside, without any prior warnings, killing and wounding many Palest […]
- CURO Housing Group gets carried away at the auctions – £6m lost within 24 hoursThis is what happens when venture capitalists get their greedy hands on our social housing. Privatisation through the back door at tenants expense.
- KRONOS - Global PaymasterKRONOS - Global Workforce Management Solutions - operates in: Americas, Canada, México, Brasil, Caribbean, United States (Corporate Headquarters), Europe, Belgium, Deutschland, España, France, Nederlands, United Kingdom, Other Europe, Middle East/Africa, Africa, Middle East, Asia/Pacific, Australia, ASEAN, 中文, India, China
- DPAC Northampton Protest Against Cuts To The Disabled Facilities GrantProtest against an 80% cut in Disability Fund Tuesday 22/07/2014
- This is What Democracy Looks Like! : The Fight For The Can Vies Social Centren May Barcelona was shook by four days of rioting and protest against the eviction of an established social centre, Can Vies. Juana Belén Gutiérrez de Mendoza looks at the history of the building, and interviews the organisers currently fighting its eviction. Self organised social centre (Centre social autogestionat) Can Vies has been a space for radical pol […]
- Animal Aid Shop Achieves High Rating in Ethical Consumer Survey June 7, 1913Animal Aid is proud to announce that our online shop has come third in an Ethical Consumer (EC) surv...
- Open letter regarding Cheltenham Racecourse June 7, 1913Animal Aid has today sent an open letter to horse racing’s regulatory and representative bodies, strongly criticising their decision to ignore an important report analysing the reasons why Cheltenham Racecourse kills more horses than any ...
- Culling badgers 'won't control bovine TB' June 7, 1914Computer modelling by the universities of Warwick and Cambridge has accurately reproduced the spread of bovine TB and the number of cases. Furthermore, the study, which has been published in Nature, has concluded that culling badgers will not ...
- Another increase in animal experiments: Government tries to airbrush GM animal suffering June 7, 1921The number of experiments conducted in British laboratories in 2013 was the highest in nearly 30 years, according to government statistics published today. The total of 4.12 million ‘procedures’ exceeded the 2012 figure by 11,600. The use o...
- Going to the Dogs - Channel 4 May 8, 1922Animal Aid this morning (11 June) saw a preview of the Channel 4 programme Going to the Dogs, which will air tomorrow night. While we knew that this was a documentary rather than a campaign film, we did not expect the subject to be treated wit...
- http://t.co/IRyapyZfjh 1 day ago
- Is This Polar Bear the World's Saddest Animal? takepart.com/article/2014/0… via @TakePart 2 days ago
- I'm giving away free Compact Camera @ bit.ly/1mWnFhs 4 days ago
- RT @BabyAnimals123: escaping with his new treasure http://t.co/ih0TCTTF0D 6 days ago
- RT @Eims4gsds: Dog who was tied to a fence perished in the heat examiner.com/article/dog-wh… via @examinercom 6 days ago
- RT @JulieStaffysi: Hunt for sick thug who hanged #dog by its lead and left it to die #Leeds bit.ly/1jyo36a 6 days ago
- RT @CoveMovie_OPS: What SeaWorld Doesn’t Want You to Know! The Scoop on Life After Captivity for Dolphins fb.me/1gEaYCEFI 1 week ago
- RT @theblackfishorg: Did you notice we launched new training courses? Check out which one is perfect for you! bit.ly/1rTszP8 http:/… 1 week ago
Please answer poll
Site Posts Calendar
Oxford Indymedia Events
No upcoming events
Climate Change Events
- MEME'2014 - Mathematics and Engineering in Marine and Earth Proble ms July 21, 2014 – July 26, 2014 Aveiro, Portugal
- AOGS 11th Annual Meeting July 28, 2014 – August 2, 2014 Sapporo, Japan
- COSPAR General Assembly 2014 - COSMOS August 2, 2014 – August 11, 2014 Moscow, Russia
- Tephra 2014 - Maximizing the potential of tephra for multidiscipli nary science August 3, 2014 – August 8, 2014 Portland, Oregon, USA
- 3rd Young Earth Scientists Congress August 11, 2014 – August 15, 2014 Dar es Salam, Tanzania
- ARPEL Workshop on Business and Human Rights August 6, 2014 at 8:00 am – August 7, 2014 at 4:00 pm , Río de Janeiro,, Brazil
- World Water Week 2014 August 30, 2014 at 11:00 pm – September 4, 2014 at 11:00 pm Stockholmsmässan, Stockholm, Sweden
- Seminar on oil spill response science and technology September 2, 2014 at 7:30 am – September 3, 2014 at 5:30 pm , Yantai, China
- Training course for level 1 commanders of oil spill response September 4, 2014 at 7:00 am – September 5, 2014 at 5:00 pm , Yantai, China
- African Regional Forum on Business and Human Rights September 16, 2014 at 8:00 am – September 18, 2014 at 4:00 pm , Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- CSR Asia Summit 2014 September 16, 2014 at 8:00 am – September 17, 2014 at 4:00 pm Kowloon Shangri-La , , Hong Kong