JP Wood (@JamesWoodAR) has shared a tweet with you
Happy birthday to Stanley Kubrick who famously declared, “If it can be written or thought, it can be filmed.” @Criterion — Stephen O’Malley (@IdeologicOrgan)
Categories: Animal Rights
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- Barren uplands grazed to destructionThe hills have been grazed to destruction and it's time we begin to challenge the irrational aspects of the farming funding systemEven before you start reading the devastating State of Nature report, published today, you get an inkling of where the problem lies. It's illustrated in the opening pages with two dramatic photographs of upland Britain ( […]
- Indonesia's natural riches on biodiversity dayIndonesia's marine and forest life is at risk from industrial overfishing and relentless deforestation, Greenpeace International warns on the UN's International Day for Biological Diversity
- The secret life of internet trolls: part oneClimate Desk are invited to dinner by their most pernicious, climate-denying troll, Hoyt Connell
- Griff Rhys Jones on 'desecration' of countrysideThe comedian says renewable energy projects are subsidy-hunting free enterprise, despoiling 'pristine landscapes'The comedian Griff Rhys Jones has accused the government of "random desecration" of the countryside and despoiling "pristine landscapes" through its subsidies to wind turbines and solar power.Responding to criticism o […]
- 'Could be worth £4bn a year to UK economy'The fuel could become a 'new North Sea' energy business, and create more than 70,000 jobs, according to a new reportInvestments in shale gas drilling could yield an industry worth nearly £4bn a year to the UK economy and create more than 70,000 jobs, according to a new report from the Institute of Directors (IoD), becoming a "new North Sea […]
- Country diary: Crook, County Durham: I've often seen bees infested with mites, but rarely one so heavily ladenCrook, County Durham: I was tempted to relieve it of its burden with a fine brush. But perhaps that would have been a mistakeBumblebees still foraged on the blackcurrant blossom, even though the afterglow of sunset was beginning to fade. One, a queen Bombus pratorum, fell from a truss of flowers and landed almost at my feet, brushing her legs over her furry […]
- News: Wave power scheme great news for clean energyWelcoming the announcement of the world's largest wave power scheme, Dr Richard Dixon, Director of Friends of the Earth Scotland, said: "This is great news. Wave power has a huge role to play in making clean, green electricity around the world and Scotland is a global leader in developing this technology. Congratulations to Aquamarine for developin […]
- Events: Fife Diet screening of 'Do the Math'Location: The Music Institute at Carnegie Hall East Port, Dunfermline Date: 5 June 2013 - 7:30pm - 9:30pm Map link: http://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=East%20Port,%20Dunfermline%2C%20KY12%207JA%2C%20United%20Kingdom Join the global grassroots movement 350.org in a viewing the short film, Do the Math, about the rising movement in the United States to change […]
- News: Coalbed methane and fracking 'unregulatable' says toxins expertInternationally acclaimed toxins experts Dr Mariann Lloyd-Smith will tomorrow (21 May) tell the Scottish Parliament that the environmental and health impacts of unconventional gas extraction are impossible to regulate safely. Dr Lloyd-Smith arrives in Scotland as news emerges that Dart Energy have stopped drilling at their flagship project in Airth, followin […]
- News: Protestors Outside Cairn Energy's AGM todayFriends of the Earth Scotland Press ReleaseENVIRONMENTALISTS PROTEST AT CAIRN ENERGY'S AGM TODAY IN EDINBURGHFREE HIGH RES PICTURES: http://www.flickr.com/photos/friendsoftheearthscotland/sets/721576335094...Activists from Friends of the Earth Scotland gathered today (16 May) outside Cairn Energy's AGM in Edinburgh, dressed as cowboys to highlight […]
- News: Campaigners blow up a mountain outside RBS AGMFriends of the Earth ScotlandFor immediate releaseFREE PICTURES: http://www.flickr.com/photos/friendsoftheearthscotland/8737490275/RBS Mountaintop Removal Protest at RBS Bank headquarters AGM, Edinburgh, 14/05/2013:Friends of the Earth Scotland demonstrators protest outside the RBS AGM, held at Gogarburn, the bank's global headquarters.Pictured are Frie […]
- "Where are the organ grinders?" - photos from the legal aid cuts protestPhotographs from the march against legal aid cuts in Manchester.
- Where are the organ grinders?It is not often that lawyers take to the streets. But they did on Tuesday in Manchester over the latest legal aid cuts.
- Children's Art from Gaza: Report on talk by Rod Cox in WrexhamIn the final week of the 'Loss of Innocence' Exhibition of Children's Art from Gaza at Wrexham Cathedral, Rod Cox came to speak about how he collected this artwork in early 2009 as part of the Aid Convoy in the wake of the 'Operation Cast Lead' bombardment of Gaza by Israel, about the children who created the artwork, their trauma, i […]
- Wise Woman Weekend 7-9th June Co Tipp IrelandA weekend dedicated to discovering and celebrating wise ways to nurture our wellbeing and connectivity.
- Stop G8 meeting in PortsmouthA meeting about the Stop G8 week of action in June is being held in Portsmouth on Tuesday May 28.
- AnimalRightsUK: http://t.co/USnbVdFI31AnimalRightsUK: http://t.co/USnbVdFI31
- AnimalRightsUK: RT @HuntSabs: Act still not working @huntingtim ? http://t.co/DpLwCaTpDOAnimalRightsUK: RT @HuntSabs: Act still not working @huntingtim ? http://t.co/DpLwCaTpDO
- AnimalRightsUK: @HuntingTim surprised you know what a March is, most CA supporters think it means a punch up with the cops.AnimalRightsUK: @HuntingTim surprised you know what a March is, most CA supporters think it means a punch up with the cops.
- AnimalRightsUK: Forthampton court who own 4% of the glos badger cull zone & who are under investigation for filling in badger... http://t.co/RLncyKJGMWAnimalRightsUK: Forthampton court who own 4% of the glos badger cull zone & who are under investigation for filling in badger... http://t.co/RLncyKJGMW
- Craiova Spayathon photos and news! causes.com/actions/175296… via @causes 10 hours ago
- Zippo's Circus protest: Beddington Park, Wallington, Croydon from 23-28 May wp.me/pPEwS-1Fz 1 day ago
- Tell the soda giants @CocaCola, @PepsiCo, and @DrPepperSnapple to slash their oil use! causes.com/actions/175278… #tarsands via @causes 1 day ago
- MASKED MONKEY'S OF INDONESIA causes.com/actions/174256… via @causes 1 day ago
- Outlaw Bear Baiting in South Carolina! causes.com/causes/40328-e… via @causes 1 day ago
- Help stop animal abuse by tweeting at Stephen Colbert about bear-baiting in his home state of South... causes.com/causes/40328-e… via @causes 1 day ago
- Pups thrown from the car and left on an empty lot causes.com/actions/175290… via @causes 2 days ago
- Petition to make animal abuse a more serious offense! causes.com/causes/809462-… via @causes 2 days ago
Please answer poll
Site Posts Calendar
- Shadows on the Wall May 25, 2013 at 7:30 pm – 8:30 pm The Old Fire Station
- Shadows on the Wall May 27, 2013 at 4:30 pm – 5:30 pm The Old Fire Station
- Oxcred - A new digital currency for Oxford May 29, 2013 at 6:30 pm OARC http://theoarc.org.uk/
- Shadows on the Wall June 7, 2013 at 4:30 pm – 4:30 pm The Old Fire Station
No upcoming events