JP Wood (@JamesWoodAR) has shared a tweet with you
Happy birthday to Stanley Kubrick who famously declared, “If it can be written or thought, it can be filmed.” @Criterion — Stephen O’Malley (@IdeologicOrgan)
- Major worldwide companies failing to address water scarcity October 18, 2012The majority of the world's largest companies lack a long-term water strategy, according to a report from the professional services company KPMG.
- Water bills could quadruple for Irish businesses October 17, 2012The price of water would quadruple in Ireland if European trends are applied, according to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and it is therefore crucial that businesses tackle water efficiency.
- Sustainable businesses need 'transparent dialogue with stakeholders' October 12, 2012Feedback and the views from stakeholders must be accounted for when businesses develop their sustainability strategies, says Asia Pulp & Paper's (APP) sustainability manager.
- Audi powers up with biofuels from wastewater October 10, 2012Audi is pioneering the development of eco-fuels from wastewater which will offer sustainable alternatives to petrol and diesel.
- PUMA costs out environmental 'calories' of its products October 9, 2012PUMA has scaled up its environmental profit and loss (EP&L) reporting to a product level, effectively putting a carbon 'price tag' on the shoes and clothing it produces.
- Robotic recycling firm set for high powered growth September 27, 2012ZenRobotics has secured €13m in investment funding to grow and commercialise its robotic waste recycling system, following the sale of its first ZenRobotics Recycler in a deal worth €1m.
- Barack Obama talks climate change – but there's no let up on fracking in the US December 20, 2013Global warming stopped being political poison, but the fracking and coal export boom continued, says Suzanne GoldenbergThis was the year when climate change came out of the closet.Barack Obama elevated climate change to one of his top presidential priorities. White House and other officials brought up the topic in public after spending the previous four year […]Suzanne Goldenberg
- Grid faces Strictly Come Dancing electricity surge December 20, 2013Power consumption over Christmas builds unique portrait of UK, with millions expected to stick kettle on after BBC dance-off finalAs the sparkling smiles of the Strictly Come Dancing winners fade from the screen on Saturday evening, the first people to know just how engrossed the British public were will be a team of engineers in a secret and secure location […]Damian Carrington
- Why the UK should embrace fracking December 19, 2013Shale gas can expand Britain's energy resource, reduce reliance on dirty coal and cut carbon emissionsThe United Kingdom is braced for the worst winter in 60 years, with heavy snows and record cold forecast. For many, survival will take a huge toll on the handbag: last year, the average fuel bill soared to a record £1,353, and the Office for Budget Resp […]
- 'The heat is on. Now we must act' December 19, 2013Damian Carrington looks back at a year when experts concluded it was 'unequivocal' that global warming was human-inducedOn 10 May 2013, the concentration of climate-warming carbon dioxide in the atmosphere passed the milestone level of 400 parts per million for the first time in human history. The last time so much greenhouse gas was in the air was […]Damian Carrington
- Vows prison will not stop Arctic campaign December 19, 2013UK director says Russian action has inadvertently strengthened will to protest against drilling in the ArcticGreenpeace will step up its campaign to confront oil companies working in the Arctic, but has not decided whether to attempt to board Russian oil platforms, again, its UK director said .Speaking after it was announced that an amnesty approved by the R […]John Vidal
- How much weight will I gain at Christmas and how long will it take to lose it? December 20, 2013Each year, a journalist will site a 'new' study telling you that you will eat 6,000 calories on Christmas day. We sift through them all to get the useful facts on just how roly poly you'll be and for how longMona ChalabiMona Chalabi
- News: New European Laws on Air Pollution Are Insufficient December 18, 2013Europe has today (Wednesday) announced new plans to tackle air pollution by setting national limits for pollutants which are harmful to human health, but they have failed to tighten up standards for the air we breathe. Friends of the Earth Scotland have criticised the European Commission’s plans for not going far enough to protect human health. According to […]
- News: Fracking Map Shows Communities at Risk Across Scotland December 17, 2013The UK Government has today published a map of areas, including vast swathes of Scotland, that could be exploited for shale gas and coalbed methane extraction. The maps have been published by the Department of Energy and Climate Change as part of a strategic environmental assessment into its plans to offer licenses for onshore oil and gas extraction later t […]
- News: Project Transmit delay brings further renewables uncertainty December 16, 2013Reacting to the news of a delay in Ofgem’s Project Transmit project on the price renewable energy generators pay to feed into the grid, Dr Richard Dixon, Director of Friends of the Earth Scotland, said: Share buttons: Display Facebook and Twitter share buttons read more
- Resources: Response to Scottish Government consultation on Sustainability and Planning December 16, 2013Friends of the Earth Scotland's response to the Scottish Government's supplementary consultation on Sustainability and Planning, as part of ongoing Scottish Planning Policy consultation.
- News: Our 35th Birthday! December 16, 2013Birthday celebrations will be enjoyed today, as Scotland’s leading environmental campaign group mark their 35th anniversary. Ensuring justice for people and the environment has been the main objective of Friends of the Earth Scotland for those three and a half decades. Author and loyal supporter of Friends of the Earth Scotland and former Chair of Friends of […]
- MPS should move Scrap the 'Honours' replace them with peoples audit and approvalThis is the month when new names are added to the so-called honours list in Britain. But it is deeply biased in favour of known crooks who get honours or buy those through donations to Parties
- Metropolitan Police Crowd Control Barriers........ can be surprisingly useful :)
- Palestine Today 20 12 2013Even the weather is fair game in Hamas’s war of words against Israel. A fabricated claim that Israel intentionally flooded the Gaza Strip during the worst storm to hit the region in decades has made headlines in Middle Eastern and international media over the past week.
- Socialist International honours the life and legacy of Nelson MandelaThe Socialist International is deeply moved by the passing of Nelson Mandela, the man who, representing the struggle for freedom of an entire nation, became a symbol for justice, reconciliation and peace for the entire world.
- 195 Mare St Summary195 Mare Street was a squatted social centre in the heart of Hackney. The building, a Grade II* listed Georgian villa remains the second oldest surviving building in Hackney.
- Vote 'No' for Jockey McCoy as Sports Personality of the Year November 6, 1916BBC Television routinely downplayed the deaths of horses during racing events that it broadcast, so it is no surprise that it has once again shortlisted jockey AP McCoy for Sports Personality of the Year, despite the large number of horses who have die...
- System governing vivisection dealt devastating blow November 6, 1921The official regulatory system governing vivisection in Britain was dealt a devastating blow today with the publication of a report by an establishment scientist. Professor Steve Brown of the Medical Research Council was called upon to examine the find...
- Have a compassionate Christmas November 7, 1923There are lots of ways to enjoy a compassionate Christmas and help animals at the same time … read on. Eating With so many wonderful veggie alternatives to the traditional Xmas turkey, there are numerous ways to make your fes...
- EU statistics show urgent need for openness in regulation of vivisection November 6, 1924The latest EU statistics show that the UK is the third largest user of animals in experiments amongst the 27 member states. The UK is a particularly ruthless user of mice, accounting for 16.5 per cent of the total number used in the EU. While UK proced...
- Animal Aid 2013 raffle winners! November 6, 1928Congratulations to the winners of Animal Aid's 2013 raffle. They are: 1st prize of £1,500: Mr David Proudfoot of Fortrose, Ross-shire 2nd prize of £500: Celia Ritchie of Staines, Middlesex 3rd prize of &...
- RT @animalallsorts: Hedgehogs at risk because of weather: Wildlife experts say the mild weather is putting hedgehogs lives at risk... http:… 3 hours ago
- RT @sweetiepiecat: "None shall pass." or The perfect Christmas card from The Shepards. http://t.co/x9InulKfl1 3 hours ago
- RT @shelterscotland: POLICY DOCUMENT: This is Shelter Scotland's response to the Scottish Government's expert working group on welfare ... … 3 hours ago
- Petition the Obama Administration to Make Environmental Justice Part of the Climate Action Plan wp.me/pPEwS-28b 4 hours ago
- Newcastle University to stop research on wild caught baboons in Kenya! wp.me/pPEwS-289 4 hours ago
- RT @wagsandwiskers: Rescued dog inspires new campaign examiner.com/article/rescue… via @examinercom 20 hours ago
- RT @vegan: Good news: Domino's offers #vegan pizza. Bad news: only in Israel. Hey, @dominos, can you bring it to the USA? http://t.co/5XqE… 20 hours ago
- RT @Animals1st: Newcastle University Ends 'Cruel' Capture Of Wild Primates For Animal Experiments After Pressure huff.to/1cTezMv 20 hours ago
Please answer poll
Site Posts Calendar
Oxford Indymedia Events
- JERICHO FAIRTRADE CHRISTMAS FAIR December 21, 2013 at 3:00 pm Jericho Community Centre 33a Canal Street OX2 6BQ
Climate Change Events
- European Research Course on Atmospheres (ERCA) 2014 January 8, 2014 at 12:00 am – February 8, 2014 at 12:00 am Grenoble, France
- 9th International Conference on Dendrochronology January 13, 2014 at 12:00 am – January 18, 2014 at 12:00 am Melbourne, Australia
- Towards a more accurate quantification of human-environment intera ctions in the past February 3, 2014 at 12:00 am – February 8, 2014 at 12:00 am Leuven, Belgium
- The Changing Arctic and Subarctic Environment: Proxy- and Model Ba sed Reconstructions February 4, 2014 at 12:00 am – February 7, 2014 at 12:00 am Bordeaux, France
- DGG - German Geophysical Society, 74th Annual Meeting March 10, 2014 at 12:00 am – March 14, 2014 at 12:00 am Karlsruhe, Germany
- International Petroleum Week February 17, 2014 at 12:00 am – February 19, 2014 at 12:00 am , London, United Kingdom
- 2014 SPE International Conference on HSE in Oil and Gas E&P March 17, 2014 at 9:00 am – March 19, 2014 at 5:00 pm Long Beach Convention & Entertainment Center, Long Beach, California, United n States
- ARA WEEK 2014 March 24, 2014 at 9:00 am – March 28, 2014 at 9:00 am Four Seasons Hotel, Marrakech, Morocco
- LATINVE&P Forum and Exposition March 26, 2014 at 8:30 am – March 28, 2014 at 5:30 pm , Lima, Peru
- Global Water Summit 2014 April 6, 2014 at 11:00 pm – 11:00 pm , Paris, France
- International Oil Spill Conference 2014 May 4, 2014 at 11:00 pm – May 7, 2014 at 11:00 pm Savannah International Trade & Convention Center, Savannah, Georgia, United n States