Judge Rules Dog Burning Suspects Will Be Tried Together
Originally posted on CBS Dallas / Fort Worth:
[worldnow id=8086194 width=420 height=278 type=video]
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – It was one of the worst cases of animal cruelty known to have happened in North Texas. This past April, a 4-month old puppy was set on fire and left to die. Today the four suspects in the animal torture case were back before a judge.
Adrian Ayers, Darius Carey, Darius Ewing and Richard Valentine are the men accused of dousing a dog, later named “Justice”, with lighter fluid and setting the animal of fire.
Veterinarians with the animals advocate group DFW Rescue Me tried to keep the puppy alive. The group gave the male puppy the name Justice in memory of another dog that was set on fire in the Pleasant Grove area three years before.
The brindle-and-white colored dog suffered both second-degree and third-degree burns to 60-percent of his body — mostly on the legs, back and face. Initially Justice…
View original 308 more words
- Virgin Media falling short of carbon reduction targets September 19, 2014Virgin Media's total carbon emissions have risen by 2.6% since 2007, leaving the communications giant a long way from reaching its 2015 goal of a 15% reduction.
- Interactive Map: The world's most remarkable solar farms September 19, 2014In light of the growing number new solar projects across the world, edie has mapped out 14 of the largest and most interesting installations from every continent in the world.
- White House announces green energy boost, cracks down on HFCs September 19, 2014The Obama administration has unveiled a series of public and private sector commitments to advance solar deployment, promote energy efficiency and reduce emissions of hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs) throughout the US.
- Solarcentury to build Africa's largest solar carport September 19, 2014UK solar company Solarcentury has been commissioned to design and construct Africa's largest solar carport on the uppermost storey of a car park at Garden City Mall, Nairobi.
- Orange Business Services steps up e-waste recycling September 18, 2014Global IT and communications firm Orange Business Services has partnered with recycling specialist Stone Group to recycle its end-of-life hardware and dispose of its data-bearing ICT securely, in line with EU data laws.
- Krispy Kreme follows competitor into sustainable palm oil commitment September 18, 2014US doughnut supplier Krispy Kreme has made a pledge to only source 100% responsible, deforestation-free palm oil less than 24 hours after rival firm Dunkin' Donuts made its own commitment.
- The week in wildlife in pictures September 19, 2014Wild elephants of India, panther chameleons and raccoon dogs are among the pick of this weeks images from the natural world Continue reading...Guardian Staff
- 'Why we're going on the biggest climate march in history' September 19, 2014From Ban ki-moon to Emma Thompson, 20 leading personalities from across the world talk about why they will take to the streets on Sunday to call for action on climate as world leaders gather for UN climate summit in New York on 23 September If youre taking part in the march share your photos and stories via GuardianWitness Continue reading...Damian Carrington, Suzanne Goldenberg, Fiona Harvey, Arthur Neslen, Adam Vaughan and John Vidal
- Rewilding Britain: bringing wolves, bears and beavers back to the land September 19, 2014Introducing extinct species to the landscape is called rewilding and advocates enthuse about the benefits. But opponents fear the impact could be devastating Rewilding made simple, an animated guide Continue reading...Adam Vaughan
- Campaigners join London march for global action on climate change September 19, 2014March in London this weekend one of 2,000 events worldwide calling for action by leadersWhy we're marching: leading personalities on calling for action Continue reading...Press Association
- East Yorkshire gas-drilling site making locals sick from noxious smells September 19, 2014Oil company denies fracking operation at exploratory well saying its looking at natural gas not shale Continue reading...John Vidal
- University of California rejects student call to divest from fossil fuels September 19, 2014Straying from the precedent set by Stanford and Harvard, universitys board of regents will continue to invest in fossil fuels Continue reading...Reuters in Los Angeles
- Dance For The Climate November 11, 2009In August 2009 over 10.000 people danced for the climate on the Ostend Beach in Belgium. By joining this global movement and adding your own dance video to this site, you make your own statement that we have to act now on climate change. read more
- News teaser September 29, 2009Contact the Friends of the Earth Scotland media office: During working hours: 0131 243 2719 Out of hours: 0131 243 2715 Go to the blog Share buttons: No buttons
- Our Successes August 11, 2009Our campaigns get noticed and without us Scotland would not have many of the environmental successes we have today. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Our Purpose August 11, 2009We are the leading organisation in Scotland that is working for environmental justice, campaigning for the planet and its people. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- About Us August 11, 2009We are a campaigning organisation that appeals to all walks of life with a shared vision of a better place to live. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- The Anarchist Guide to IS PsychologyI pretend to put myself behind you in order to make me appear bigger than I really am. (Pretend, because since the Obama-Morales affair airspace servitude is recognized as the unequivocal hallmark of vassal states, and in this instance it is not the case.) With this clownish gesture the Damascus regime has exposed the phoney coalition of hate mongers that th […]
- Independent Film and Media CollectiveLooking for people to help in the formation and running of a new autonomous film and media collective in the North-East.
- UG#691 - Big Drugs,Big Money& Big Guns (Deep State from Afghanistan to Susurluk)We begin a new series this week, looking at the global drug trade and its key role in funding deep state groups. We begin with an expert on the Asian drug trade, Alfred McCoy. His 2010 talk, "Low-Intensity Conflict in the Drug Wars" focuses on opium production and its relationship to the proxy wars being fought in Afghanistan. We follow the heroin […]
- MFE RIP!The annual mass anti-fascist mobilisation in Brighton opposing March For England has been cancelled for 2015. Join me now in a stroll down MFE Memory Lane!
- French Theatre company coming to Oxfordshire with UK premiereFrench Theatre company Compagnie Animotion will be swimming the channel to bring you their bicycle filled extravaganza in October. Cie Animotion have been making highly visual theatre since 2004, accessible to both Deaf and hearing communities.
- Environmental impacts of animal farming spark continued controversy August 8, 1913New research published by Cambridge and Aberdeen universities has provided further evidence of the massive and growing environmental impacts of farming animals for food, sparking more debate on the issue. The new report states that worldwide ...
- Take action against battery cages for 'gamebirds' August 9, 1915The focus of this year’s National Anti-Shooting Week (22 - 28 September) is our campaign to ban the battery cages that are used to incarcerate breeding pheasants and partridges. We view the abolition of these contraptions –...
- Royal Ascot Update: Death Toll Rises to Four July 8, 1918It has been announced today (7 August) that young filly Inchila has been destroyed after she was unable to recover from a fractured pelvis sustained during a race at Royal Ascot this year. This brings the 2014 Royal Meeting’s equine de...
- The Inglorious Twelfth July 9, 1923Please take action now to curb out-of-control grouse shoot owners. August 12th – the so-called Glorious ...
- BBC documentary reveals health impacts of meat July 8, 1930Despite trying to remain impartial throughout, the first part of the BBC’s documentary ‘Horizon: Should I Eat Meat?’ (18 August) showed in no uncertain terms that current meat consumption levels in the UK are unhealthy, especially tho...
- I'm giving away free Light brown carpet @ bit.ly/1uLsQSt 1 week ago
- Coal and the power companies wp.me/pPEwS-2jE 1 week ago
- I liked a @YouTube video youtu.be/3iM9Xl0a7cU?a Glasgow Rangers - Penny Arcade 1 week ago
- Mining................. wp.me/sPEwS-mining 1 week ago
- University of Washington. Shame on YOU. wp.me/pPEwS-2jC 1 week ago
- Exploitation wp.me/pPEwS-2js 2 weeks ago
- Denmark, One Of The Countries Where It’s Still Legal To Have Sex With An Animal. wp.me/pPEwS-2jo 2 weeks ago
- Say “No” to Ice Bucket Challenge wp.me/pPEwS-2jn 2 weeks ago
Please answer poll
Site Posts Calendar
Oxford Indymedia Events
No upcoming events
Climate Change Events
- Geospace revisited: a Cluster /MAARBLE /Van Allen Probes Conferenc e September 15, 2014 – September 21, 2014 Island of Rhodes, Greece
- Topo-Europe 2014: Interplay between surface, lithospheric, and m antle processes September 17, 2014 – September 20, 2014 Barcelona, Spain
- Multiproxy approach to the reconstruction of the Pliocene climate workshop September 17, 2014 – September 20, 2014 Barcelona, Spain
- Autumn School: Data Assimilation in Biogeochemical Cycles September 20, 2014 – September 28, 2014 Trieste, Italy
- GeoFrankfurt 2014 September 21, 2014 – September 25, 2014 Frankfurt, Germany
- 7th edition of the Middle East Health, Safety, Environment and Sustainable n Development Conference September 21, 2014 at 11:00 pm – September 23, 2014 at 11:00 pm Qatar National Convention Centre, , Qatar
- SPE Middle East Health, Safety, Environment & Sustainable Development n Conference & Exhibition September 22, 2014 at 8:00 am – September 24, 2014 at 4:00 pm Qatar National Convention Centre, Doha, Qatar
- United Nations World Conference on Indigenous Peoples September 22, 2014 at 8:00 am – September 23, 2014 at 4:00 pm , New York, United States
- United Nations Climate Summit 2014 September 23, 2014 at 7:30 am – 6:30 pm UN Headquarters, New York, United States
- IPCC Fifth Assessment Report business engagement workshop September 24, 2014 at 6:00 pm – 4:00 pm JW Marriott Washington DC, Washington DC, United States
- Convention on Biological Diversity COP-12 October 5, 2014 at 11:00 pm – October 16, 2014 at 11:00 pm , Pyeongchang, Korea (South)