Judge Rules Dog Burning Suspects Will Be Tried Together
Originally posted on CBS Dallas / Fort Worth:
[worldnow id=8086194 width=420 height=278 type=video]
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – It was one of the worst cases of animal cruelty known to have happened in North Texas. This past April, a 4-month old puppy was set on fire and left to die. Today the four suspects in the animal torture case were back before a judge.
Adrian Ayers, Darius Carey, Darius Ewing and Richard Valentine are the men accused of dousing a dog, later named “Justice”, with lighter fluid and setting the animal of fire.
Veterinarians with the animals advocate group DFW Rescue Me tried to keep the puppy alive. The group gave the male puppy the name Justice in memory of another dog that was set on fire in the Pleasant Grove area three years before.
The brindle-and-white colored dog suffered both second-degree and third-degree burns to 60-percent of his body — mostly on the legs, back and face. Initially Justice…
View original 308 more words
- Renewable energy capacity grows at record levels August 29, 2014Wind, solar and hydro energy grew at its fastest ever pace last year, equating to almost 22% of global power generation, according to a new report from the International Energy Agency (IEA).
- Local collectives needed to prevent privatisation of water resources August 29, 2014Ahead of World Water Week 2014, new research has concluded that the world's water reserves will increasingly fail to meet demand over the coming years, leaving a third of the global population without adequate drinking water by 2025.
- Cotton supply chain urged to help reduce water footprint August 29, 2014More support is needed for smallholder cotton farmers in the developing world as they grapple with the effects of water scarcity which could put the global cotton industry at serious risk.
- Brewing a better future: Heineken highlights benefits of local sourcing August 28, 2014Dutch brewing company Heineken has stepped up its commitment to source the majority of its agricultural raw materials from Africa in a bid to boost crop yield and cash income for smallholder farms across the continent.
- Big power out, solar in: UBS urges investors to join renewables revolution August 28, 2014World's largest private bank predicts large-scale power stations will soon make way for electric cars and new solar technologies.
- Shifting biofuels goals could threaten industry development August 28, 2014US and EU moves to reduce overarching biofuels targets may damage the industry's growth and its place in tomorrow's renewables mix.
- Renewable energy capacity grows at fastest ever pace August 28, 2014Green technologies now produce 22% of world's electricity Continue reading...Terry Macalister
- Big power out, solar in: UBS urges investors to join renewables revolution August 27, 2014Worlds largest private bank predicts large-scale power stations will soon make way for electric cars and new solar technologies Continue reading...John Vidal
- Do dams destroy rivers? August 27, 2014A new study has found links between dams and the declining health of river systems. With your help, Karl Mathiesen investigates whether dams are killing the worlds great rivers.Post your thoughts in the comments below, email firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet @karlmathiesen Continue reading...Karl Mathiesen
- New coal power stations threat to EUs emissions target August 27, 2014Burning Europes lignite reserves would wipe out carbon budget from 2020 until the end of the century, says Greenpeace Continue reading...Karl Mathiesen
- Rainbow world: the most colourful places on Earth in pictures August 27, 2014The world is full of landscapes that are so surreal, and so intensely coloured, that its hard to believe they really exist. Take a look at some of the strangest, and most vibrant, views in the world, from a pink lake in Senegal to striped rock formations in China Continue reading...Sarah Gilbert
- Time to vote for Britains national bird August 29, 2014Like Americas bald eagle, the UK too should have its own iconic bird and there are 60 for the public to choose from Continue reading...David Lindo
- Dance For The Climate November 11, 2009In August 2009 over 10.000 people danced for the climate on the Ostend Beach in Belgium. By joining this global movement and adding your own dance video to this site, you make your own statement that we have to act now on climate change. read more
- News teaser September 29, 2009Contact the Friends of the Earth Scotland media office: During working hours: 0131 243 2719 Out of hours: 0131 243 2715 Go to the blog Share buttons: No buttons
- Our Successes August 11, 2009Our campaigns get noticed and without us Scotland would not have many of the environmental successes we have today. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Our Purpose August 11, 2009We are the leading organisation in Scotland that is working for environmental justice, campaigning for the planet and its people. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- About Us August 11, 2009We are a campaigning organisation that appeals to all walks of life with a shared vision of a better place to live. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Public Beheadings - Daily Sport in Saudi ArabiaPublic beheadings are taking place twice daily in Saudi Arabia. The Justice Minister Mohammed Al Eissa, has defended tough Sharia punishments such as beheading, cutting off hands, and lashing claiming they; "cannot be changed because they are enshrined in Islamic law. These punishments are based on divine religious texts and we cannot change them," […]
- UG#689 - A Tale Of Two Worlds (Bridges in Myanmar, The Real 911 Suspects)A stark contrast of material for you this week. We begin with an uplifting reading of Toni "El Suizo" Rüttimann giving the flavour of his latest expedition to Myanmar, in which he built half a dozen bridges of up to 100m in length in a 12 day period. Most of the show is a detailed exposition of old world malfeasance - Kevin Ryan on who he suspects […]
- Callout – Sabcat Day of Action Against Austerity, Benefit Cuts and Evictions.Meet at the Cenotaph, Newport at 1pm. Dressing up as Sabcats optional, but we recommend that you mask up. Cat masks will be available on the day. Wear ears, fluffy tails and cat face paint and masks!
- Naming Gaza's Dead VigilA powerful action by Lancaster Palestine Solidarity Campaign, naming some of those who were killed in the recent bombings of Gaza by the Israeli military, and providing an opportunity for people to connect with the names behind the numbers. Part of ongoing campigns and actions to protest the unbearable situation in Gaza, which continues even after the recent […]
- Snitch-jacketing in our movements: time to stop destructive rumoursUnfounded rumours are destroying the reputations of activists without good reason. In the following statement the Activist Security collective is saying that not only do we need to check this behaviour, but that people who continue to spread unfounded rumours about individuals after they’ve been asked to stop will be publicly named.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- RT @boycottdogmeat: No... just no #opnulldenmark #dogs http://t.co/WfiVULMdm8 1 day ago
- Illegal Dumping of Municipal Solid Waste Continues at Pondicherry’s Truck Terminal wp.me/pPEwS-2iP 1 day ago
- Please sign and share this petition #animalrights #Egypt #نادي_الجزيرة #احتجاج_على_مجازر_نادى_الجزيرة wp.me/pPEwS-2iO 1 day ago
- Who Wants to See Animals in Tiny Cages? wp.me/pPEwS-2iM 1 day ago
- Help Stop Cruel Pig Wrestling wp.me/pPEwS-2iL 1 day ago
- CEO kicks puppy wp.me/pPEwS-2iJ 1 day ago
- Multimillionaire CEO Caught On Tape Kicking Puppy (GRAPHIC VIDEO) huff.to/1tL7rJA via @HuffPostCrime 1 day ago
- Centerplate CEO put on probation following puppy-kicking incident wp.me/pPEwS-2iH 1 day ago
Please answer poll
Site Posts Calendar
Oxford Indymedia Events
- Our Jerusalem: Art work by Jordanian Children August 18, 2014 at 6:00 pm – September 12, 2014 at 6:00 pm Gallery Wall Oxford Central Library
Climate Change Events
- 22nd EM Induction Workshop Weimar, Germany 24 – 30 August 2014 August 24, 2014 – August 31, 2014 Weimar, Germany
- Short Course in Climate Extremes Analysis August 27, 2014 – August 30, 2014 Hannover, Germany
- BIT's 4th Annual World Congress of Agriculture 2014 August 29, 2014 – September 1, 2014 Changchun, China
- 24th European Cosmic Ray Symposium (ECRS2014) September 1, 2014 – September 6, 2014 Kiel, Germany
- GeoMod 2014 September 1, 2014 – September 6, 2014 Berlin, Germany
- World Water Week 2014 August 30, 2014 at 11:00 pm – September 4, 2014 at 11:00 pm Stockholmsmässan, Stockholm, Sweden
- Seminar on oil spill response science and technology September 2, 2014 at 7:30 am – September 3, 2014 at 5:30 pm , Yantai, China
- Training course for level 3 commanders of oil spill response September 4, 2014 at 7:00 am – September 5, 2014 at 5:00 pm , Yantai, China
- The SPE African HSE Conference and Exhibition 2014 September 15, 2014 at 8:15 am – September 17, 2014 at 4:15 pm , Maputo, Mozambique
- CSR Asia Summit 2014 September 16, 2014 at 8:00 am – September 17, 2014 at 4:00 pm Kowloon Shangri-La , , Hong Kong
- African Regional Forum on Business and Human Rights September 16, 2014 at 8:00 am – September 18, 2014 at 4:00 pm , Addis Ababa, Ethiopia