Judge Rules Dog Burning Suspects Will Be Tried Together
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - It was one of the worst cases of animal cruelty known to have happened in North Texas. This past April, a 4-month old puppy was set on fire and left to die. Today the four suspects in the animal torture case were back before a judge.
- Major worldwide companies failing to address water scarcity October 18, 2012The majority of the world's largest companies lack a long-term water strategy, according to a report from the professional services company KPMG.
- Water bills could quadruple for Irish businesses October 17, 2012The price of water would quadruple in Ireland if European trends are applied, according to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and it is therefore crucial that businesses tackle water efficiency.
- Sustainable businesses need 'transparent dialogue with stakeholders' October 12, 2012Feedback and the views from stakeholders must be accounted for when businesses develop their sustainability strategies, says Asia Pulp & Paper's (APP) sustainability manager.
- Audi powers up with biofuels from wastewater October 10, 2012Audi is pioneering the development of eco-fuels from wastewater which will offer sustainable alternatives to petrol and diesel.
- PUMA costs out environmental 'calories' of its products October 9, 2012PUMA has scaled up its environmental profit and loss (EP&L) reporting to a product level, effectively putting a carbon 'price tag' on the shoes and clothing it produces.
- Robotic recycling firm set for high powered growth September 27, 2012ZenRobotics has secured €13m in investment funding to grow and commercialise its robotic waste recycling system, following the sale of its first ZenRobotics Recycler in a deal worth €1m.
- The week in wildlife December 6, 2013A fleeing puffin, a hoarding squirrel, a doting hippo - here are this week's finest photos from the natural world
- Scientist maps climate of Lord of the Rings December 6, 2013Mount Doom is like LA and the Shire like Lincolnshire, so says a climate model based on author's famously detailed mapsClimate sceptics regularly work themselves into a lather dismissing mainstream climate science as fantasy – but for once they have a point.A researcher at Bristol University has trained his powerful supercomputer not at predicting the e […]Adam Vaughan
- Andrew Sells is wrong choice for Natural England December 6, 2013The government wants a chairman who can flog nature and have chosen a Tory party donor with a background in investment banking and housing developmentsYou want to appoint a new chairman for Natural England, the government body responsible for protecting nature.Do you look for:a. someone with a background in ecology and a track record of interest in the natur […]George Monbiot
- Five porpoises sighted on River Thames December 6, 2013Storm surge could have causeed pod of harbour porpoises to travel uncommonly far up the riverJessica AldredJessica Aldred
- Did my boy ride his first bike into the sunset? December 6, 2013Everything pointed towards my son desperately wanting a bike – so our hopes were high when we bought him his first oneI planned to write this piece in the summer of 2012, ending with a cheesy line about my two-year-old son riding off into the sunset on his new bike, while we proud parents looked on. Sure there would have pitfalls along the way, some reluctan […]Sam Haddad
- Storm victims urged to avoid contact with floodwaters as they return home December 7, 2013Floodwaters recede but dangers from contaminated food and rats remain after Britain's worst surge since 1953Communities affected by the most devastating tidal surge in 60 years along the coast of Britain have been warned to avoid direct contact with floodwater and beware of rats moving into homes.Thousands of people who were evacuated from their homes w […]
- News: Public Inquiry into commercial unconventional gas development is UK first December 3, 2013Key issues to be examined at the UK’s first Public Inquiry into a planning application for commercial unconventional gas extraction will be decided today (4/12/13). Scottish Government Reporters will set the scope and agenda for the Public Local Inquiry into Dart Energy's plans for coalbed methane at Airth, due to take place in the spring, at a meeting […]
- News: New report urges more rapid action on climate change December 3, 2013Reacting to a new report from climate scientists, including Prof Pete Smith at Aberdeen University, Dr Richard Dixon, Director of Friends of the Earth Scotland, said: “This report adds even more urgency to the need to reduce climate emissions. Here we have a group of eminent scientists calling for rapid action to cut emissions from power stations, factories, […]
- News: Mass Exodus at Frustrating Climate Talks in Warsaw November 22, 2013One day before the official conclusion of the Warsaw UN climate conference, hundreds of climate activists from trade unions, social movements and environment and development groups - including Friends of the Earth Scotland - walked out of the talks in protest at the lack of progress on key issues. Share buttons: Display Facebook and Twitter share buttons r […]
- News: Climate Change - Highest Ever Emissions Reinforce Need For URGENT ACTION November 19, 2013Commenting on the Global Carbon Report from the Tyndall Centre, Dr Richard Dixon, Director of Friends of the Earth Scotland said: “2013 will see the highest-ever emissions of climate-changing gases from human activity. These figures are a grim reality-check for the Ministers assembling at the Warsaw climate conference. The world’s nations need to make urge […]
- News: Key issues must be agreed at Warsaw climate conference November 11, 2013Friends of the Earth Scotland is calling for urgent action at the 19th annual United Nations Climate Conference, which begins today. Share buttons: Display Facebook and Twitter share buttons read more
- Prime Moron Picks Numbers for Death GameIf human rights violations in Tibet were not to blame on Communism the capitalists would not even think about them
- The Semantics Of ViolenceWhen speaking of violence, propagandists and butchers obscure the reality
- Nelson Mandela and Fidel CastroThe press appear to have forgotten the link between Nelson Mandela and Fidel Castro
- Video: Athens Warzone ~ December 6, 2013 RiotsFierce riots yesterday in Athens
- New People's Daily Building in ChinaGawkers cannot believe shape of Chinese newspaper’s sizable HEADquarters. People can't help but notice the similarity of the new building for the People's Daily newspaper to male anatomy.
- Vote 'No' for Jockey McCoy as Sports Personality of the Year November 6, 1916BBC Television routinely downplayed the deaths of horses during racing events that it broadcast, so it is no surprise that it has once again shortlisted jockey AP McCoy for Sports Personality of the Year, despite the large number of horses who have die...
- Wall Street Journal writes about campaign to protect Britain's monk parakeets October 7, 1924An article in the Wall Street Journal details the campaign to protect the feral population of monk parakeets living in the UK. The government has spent £192,000 trying to capture and kill the birds, whose numbers were thought to be n...
- Council rejects application for vivisection breeding unit October 7, 1924Councillors have rejected a planning application for a new vivisection breeding unit in East Yorkshire. The unit would have bred dogs and ferrets for use in animal experiments and been an expansion of B&K Universal, a company that supplies animals to l...
- Princess Anne and the horsemeat debate October 7, 1926Princess Anne’s recent comments that we should consider a trade in horsemeat have sparked heated debate. The implication is that by treating horses in the same way as other animals bred and slaughtered for meat, their welfare would be ...
- Lush Prize recognises outstanding work on non-animal testing October 7, 1926The winners of the 2013 Lush Prize have shared prize money of £250,000 for their pioneering work on non-animal chemical safety testing at an award ceremony in London on 13 November. Andrew Tyler, Director of Animal Aid, was one of the judges and...
- My life's work - helping animals wp.me/pPEwS-27p 1 day ago
- Making History for Wolves wp.me/pPEwS-27j 1 day ago
- ,861 badgers dead -- for nothing. Act now! wp.me/pPEwS-27f 1 day ago
- RT @livingstreets: #TimeToCross - do the sums with our infographic http://t.co/dlS9OVtdbS & join our campaign here: bit.ly/187X7lT 2 days ago
- Tell the mining industry: stop bullying Costa Rica! wp.me/pPEwS-27d 2 days ago
- Give a Greenpeace gift this Christmas wp.me/pPEwS-278 3 days ago
- Monsanto uncorking the champagne wp.me/pPEwS-276 3 days ago
- help us force change for these important causes: wp.me/pPEwS-26Z 3 days ago
Please answer poll
Site Posts Calendar
Oxford Indymedia Events
No upcoming events
Climate Change Events
- 2013 AGU Fall Meeting December 9, 2013 – December 14, 2013 San Francisco, USA
- European Research Course on Atmospheres (ERCA) 2014 January 8, 2014 – February 8, 2014 Grenoble, France
- 9th International Conference on Dendrochronology January 13, 2014 – January 18, 2014 Melbourne, Australia
- Towards a more accurate quantification of human-environment intera ctions in the past February 3, 2014 – February 8, 2014 Leuven, Belgium
- The Changing Arctic and Subarctic Environment: Proxy- and Model Ba sed Reconstructions February 4, 2014 – February 7, 2014 Bordeaux, France
- International Petroleum Week February 17, 2014 at 12:00 am – February 19, 2014 at 12:00 am , London, United Kingdom
- 2014 SPE International Conference on HSE in Oil and Gas E&P March 17, 2014 at 9:00 am – March 19, 2014 at 5:00 pm Long Beach Convention & Entertainment Center, Long Beach, California, United n States
- LATINVE&P Forum and Exposition March 26, 2014 at 8:30 am – March 28, 2014 at 5:30 pm , Lima, Peru
- Reporting Working Group meeting April 1, 2014 at 8:00 am – April 2, 2014 at 4:00 pm Institute of Directors, London, United Kingdom
- IPIECA's 40th Anniversary Conference and Dinner April 3, 2014 at 8:00 am – 9:30 pm , London, United Kingdom
- Global Water Summit 2014 April 6, 2014 at 11:00 pm – 11:00 pm , Paris, France