ROYAL RED BRIGADE – Give Into The Violence CD
Originally posted on Profane Existence:
The fact that this starts with a mid-paced battle-hymn sing-a-long is pretty deceiving. Once track 2(A Love Radio) kicks in, your ears get blasted with an explosion of angsty barroom rock and roll! Track 4 slows down a bit. Maybe it’s to give you a breather and to make sure you don’t wreck the living room. After this they slowly build up tempo and take off full speed again by Sickness, track 6. RRB leave nothing to the listeners imagination while belting out jam after jam of nasty unapologetic grit rock complete with kick ass guitar solos. Every time I listen to this CD is gets better and better and the riffs seem to pop out more and the overall writing make more sense. It wouldn’t surprise me if Tesco Vee was a fan of these guys. Even though they’re from Regina, Saskatchewan I would swear they were based in…
View original 71 more words
- Virgin Media falling short of carbon reduction targets September 19, 2014Virgin Media's total carbon emissions have risen by 2.6% since 2007, leaving the communications giant a long way from reaching its 2015 goal of a 15% reduction.
- Interactive Map: The world's most remarkable solar farms September 19, 2014In light of the growing number new solar projects across the world, edie has mapped out 14 of the largest and most interesting installations from every continent in the world.
- White House announces green energy boost, cracks down on HFCs September 19, 2014The Obama administration has unveiled a series of public and private sector commitments to advance solar deployment, promote energy efficiency and reduce emissions of hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs) throughout the US.
- Solarcentury to build Africa's largest solar carport September 19, 2014UK solar company Solarcentury has been commissioned to design and construct Africa's largest solar carport on the uppermost storey of a car park at Garden City Mall, Nairobi.
- Orange Business Services steps up e-waste recycling September 18, 2014Global IT and communications firm Orange Business Services has partnered with recycling specialist Stone Group to recycle its end-of-life hardware and dispose of its data-bearing ICT securely, in line with EU data laws.
- Krispy Kreme follows competitor into sustainable palm oil commitment September 18, 2014US doughnut supplier Krispy Kreme has made a pledge to only source 100% responsible, deforestation-free palm oil less than 24 hours after rival firm Dunkin' Donuts made its own commitment.
- The week in wildlife in pictures September 19, 2014Wild elephants of India, panther chameleons and raccoon dogs are among the pick of this weeks images from the natural world Continue reading...Guardian Staff
- 'Why we're going on the biggest climate march in history' September 19, 2014From Ban ki-moon to Emma Thompson, 20 leading personalities from across the world talk about why they will take to the streets on Sunday to call for action on climate as world leaders gather for UN climate summit in New York on 23 September If youre taking part in the march share your photos and stories via GuardianWitness Continue reading...Damian Carrington, Suzanne Goldenberg, Fiona Harvey, Arthur Neslen, Adam Vaughan and John Vidal
- Rewilding Britain: bringing wolves, bears and beavers back to the land September 19, 2014Introducing extinct species to the landscape is called rewilding and advocates enthuse about the benefits. But opponents fear the impact could be devastating Rewilding made simple, an animated guide Continue reading...Adam Vaughan
- Campaigners join London march for global action on climate change September 19, 2014March in London this weekend one of 2,000 events worldwide calling for action by leadersWhy we're marching: leading personalities on calling for action Continue reading...Press Association
- East Yorkshire gas-drilling site making locals sick from noxious smells September 19, 2014Oil company denies fracking operation at exploratory well saying its looking at natural gas not shale Continue reading...John Vidal
- People's Climate March: thousands demand action around the world live September 21, 2014Hundreds of thousands of people across 150 countries are taking to the streets to march for action on climate changeDubbed the Peoples Climate March, it has been flagged as the biggest global call-to-action on climate change in historyPeople are demanding world leaders take action on climate change as they prepare for a United Nations summit in New York on M […]Melissa Davey in Melbourne, Adam Vaughan in London and Amanda Holpuch in New York
- Dance For The Climate November 11, 2009In August 2009 over 10.000 people danced for the climate on the Ostend Beach in Belgium. By joining this global movement and adding your own dance video to this site, you make your own statement that we have to act now on climate change. read more
- News teaser September 29, 2009Contact the Friends of the Earth Scotland media office: During working hours: 0131 243 2719 Out of hours: 0131 243 2715 Go to the blog Share buttons: No buttons
- Our Successes August 11, 2009Our campaigns get noticed and without us Scotland would not have many of the environmental successes we have today. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Our Purpose August 11, 2009We are the leading organisation in Scotland that is working for environmental justice, campaigning for the planet and its people. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- About Us August 11, 2009We are a campaigning organisation that appeals to all walks of life with a shared vision of a better place to live. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- After Cameron's lies on Scotland, is there a Society left?After Cameron's lies on Scotland, is there a Society left?
- UG#692 - The European Deep State Post WW2 (NATO's Secret Armies)This time we focus on a seminal event in the evolution of European deep state groups, the NATO-backed "stay behind network" which first broke the surface in Italy (as Operation Gladio) but which was a factor in most if not all Western European countries after WW2. Daniele Ganser's particular focus is the role of Gladio in Spain. Our second spe […]
- Referendum night in George Square, Glasgow September 18/19 2014This is a detailed 3,000 word account of the results of the Scottish referendum on Independence with the party held by the Yes campaign in Scotland's largest city used as a backdrop. There are 20 photos included.
- Surveillance Project Exhibited in NottinghamEks’Vee: NTU MA Photography degree show Nottingham Trent University Exhibition: 20th September – 4th October http://xvmaexhibition.4ormat.com
- A month of solidarity with Chelsea Manning (Part 1)Report of solidarity with imprisoned Welsh-American whistleblower Chelsea Manning in August and September in Wales before, during and after the NATO summit. Full article with links here: http://wp.me/p42I6Q-fU
- Environmental impacts of animal farming spark continued controversy August 8, 1913New research published by Cambridge and Aberdeen universities has provided further evidence of the massive and growing environmental impacts of farming animals for food, sparking more debate on the issue. The new report states that worldwide ...
- Take action against battery cages for 'gamebirds' August 9, 1915The focus of this year’s National Anti-Shooting Week (22 - 28 September) is our campaign to ban the battery cages that are used to incarcerate breeding pheasants and partridges. We view the abolition of these contraptions –...
- Royal Ascot Update: Death Toll Rises to Four July 8, 1918It has been announced today (7 August) that young filly Inchila has been destroyed after she was unable to recover from a fractured pelvis sustained during a race at Royal Ascot this year. This brings the 2014 Royal Meeting’s equine de...
- The Inglorious Twelfth July 9, 1923Please take action now to curb out-of-control grouse shoot owners. August 12th – the so-called Glorious ...
- BBC documentary reveals health impacts of meat July 8, 1930Despite trying to remain impartial throughout, the first part of the BBC’s documentary ‘Horizon: Should I Eat Meat?’ (18 August) showed in no uncertain terms that current meat consumption levels in the UK are unhealthy, especially tho...
- Animal Cruelty – Now a Statistic wp.me/pPEwS-2jQ 1 day ago
- Urge French Connection Not to Resume Selling Angora wp.me/pPEwS-2jO 1 day ago
- Hispanic celebrities support PETA wp.me/pPEwS-2jL 1 day ago
- First Dolphins Are Killed at the Cove as Japanese Hunt Begins wp.me/pPEwS-2jK 1 day ago
- Passionate and Impartial? wp.me/pPEwS-2jF 1 day ago
- I'm giving away free Light brown carpet @ bit.ly/1uLsQSt 1 week ago
- Coal and the power companies wp.me/pPEwS-2jE 1 week ago
- I liked a @YouTube video youtu.be/3iM9Xl0a7cU?a Glasgow Rangers - Penny Arcade 1 week ago
Please answer poll
Site Posts Calendar
Oxford Indymedia Events
No upcoming events
Climate Change Events
- Autumn School: Data Assimilation in Biogeochemical Cycles September 20, 2014 – September 28, 2014 Trieste, Italy
- GeoFrankfurt 2014 September 21, 2014 – September 25, 2014 Frankfurt, Germany
- ELS 2014 - the Earth Living Skin: Soil, Life and Climate Changes September 21, 2014 – September 26, 2014 Nova Yardinia, Castellaneta Marina (TA), Italy
- Thunderstorms and Elementary Particle Acceleration (TEPA-2014) September 22, 2014 – September 27, 2014 Byurakan, Armenia
- XII Congress of the Croatian Society of Soil Science September 22, 2014 – September 27, 2014 Dubrovnik, Croatia
- 7th edition of the Middle East Health, Safety, Environment and Sustainable n Development Conference September 21, 2014 at 11:00 pm – September 23, 2014 at 11:00 pm Qatar National Convention Centre, , Qatar
- United Nations World Conference on Indigenous Peoples September 22, 2014 at 8:00 am – September 23, 2014 at 4:00 pm , New York, United States
- SPE Middle East Health, Safety, Environment & Sustainable Development n Conference & Exhibition September 22, 2014 at 8:00 am – September 24, 2014 at 4:00 pm Qatar National Convention Centre, Doha, Qatar
- United Nations Climate Summit 2014 September 23, 2014 at 7:30 am – 6:30 pm UN Headquarters, New York, United States
- IPCC Fifth Assessment Report business engagement workshop September 24, 2014 at 6:00 pm – 4:00 pm JW Marriott Washington DC, Washington DC, United States
- Convention on Biological Diversity COP-12 October 5, 2014 at 11:00 pm – October 16, 2014 at 11:00 pm , Pyeongchang, Korea (South)