ROYAL RED BRIGADE – Give Into The Violence CD
Originally posted on Profane Existence:
The fact that this starts with a mid-paced battle-hymn sing-a-long is pretty deceiving. Once track 2(A Love Radio) kicks in, your ears get blasted with an explosion of angsty barroom rock and roll! Track 4 slows down a bit. Maybe it’s to give you a breather and to make sure you don’t wreck the living room. After this they slowly build up tempo and take off full speed again by Sickness, track 6. RRB leave nothing to the listeners imagination while belting out jam after jam of nasty unapologetic grit rock complete with kick ass guitar solos. Every time I listen to this CD is gets better and better and the riffs seem to pop out more and the overall writing make more sense. It wouldn’t surprise me if Tesco Vee was a fan of these guys. Even though they’re from Regina, Saskatchewan I would swear they were based in…
View original 71 more words
- Global wind power to hit 2000GW by 2030 October 21, 2014The UK's recent surge in wind power output appears to be reflective of a global trend, with new analysis estimating that global wind-generated energy could supply up to 20% of the world's electricity by 2030.
- Good, better, best: Whole Foods launches rating system for environmental impact of produce October 17, 2014Whole Foods Market has introduced the Responsibly Grown produce rating system which assesses the impact of farming practices on the environment and human health.
- FCC Environmental US division sold for €70m October 17, 2014Leading waste management firm FCC Environmental has today (17 October) announced it is selling its division in the US to cleaning and waste management firm Heritage-Crystal Clean.
- Sustainability stats: The week in numbers (17/10/14) October 17, 2014What great data did we see in the past seven days? In the third edition of a new series, edie takes a look-back at some of the fascinating figures from the worlds of energy, waste and water.
- Profit or planet? Global index reveals economic benefits of sustainable business October 15, 2014A new study has revealed that carbon-conscious companies are proving to be more profitable than their more polluting rivals.
- Businesses 'must close the skills gap' to survive sustainable economy October 15, 2014A mere 13% of businesses are confident they have the skills to successfully compete in a sustainable economy, according to a new survey by the Institute of Environmental Management & Assessment (IEMA).
- 2014 Wildlife photographer of the Year October 22, 2014The results of the wildlife photographer of the year 2014 competition have been announced at Londons Natural History Museum. The overall winner is American photographer Michael Nichols with his image of five female lions at rest with their cubs in Tanzanias Serengeti National Park. Here is a selection of some of the winning images Continue reading...Eric Hilaire
- Government urged to tackle stalled recycling rates in England October 22, 2014More political action is needed to reduce waste and improve recycling rates to meet EU targets by 2020, says report by MPs Continue reading...Adam Vaughan
- UK farmers warn of pumpkin crisis in runup to Halloween October 21, 2014Growers say this has been worst pumpkin season in a decade with hundreds of vegetables left rotting in fields after wet weather Continue reading...Rebecca Smithers, consumer affairs correspondent
- John West and Princes accused of backtracking on tuna commitments October 21, 2014Leaked documents show UKs two biggest tuna brands are likely to delay or opt out of commitments to end FAD fishing methods that cause harmful bycatch of sharks, rays and turtles Continue reading...Rebecca Smithers
- Are solar farms really hitting British food production? October 21, 2014Environment secretary Liz Truss has cut solar farms subsidies saying they harm food production, but most UK solar farms successfully produce food as well. Karl Mathiesen investigates.Let us know your thoughts. Post in the comments below, follow Karl Mathiesens Facebook page, email email@example.com or tweet@karlmathiesen Continue readin […]Karl Mathiesen
- Grey for danger, red for hope October 22, 2014Wenlock Edge, Shropshire: Red is love and luck in this landscape, where leaf colours fall together to become brown Continue reading...Paul Evans
- Better Banks January 23, 2013Short title: Better Banks We're on our way to a better financial system. Find out how you can help us make better banks. Background image:
- Dance For The Climate November 11, 2009In August 2009 over 10.000 people danced for the climate on the Ostend Beach in Belgium. By joining this global movement and adding your own dance video to this site, you make your own statement that we have to act now on climate change. read more
- News teaser September 29, 2009Contact the Friends of the Earth Scotland media office: During working hours: 0131 243 2719 Out of hours: 0131 243 2715 Go to the blog Share buttons: No buttons
- Our Successes August 11, 2009Our campaigns get noticed and without us Scotland would not have many of the environmental successes we have today. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Our Purpose August 11, 2009We are the leading organisation in Scotland that is working for environmental justice, campaigning for the planet and its people. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Mass callout everyone to Parliament Square this Friday!Defend the right to protest. This is a mass callout for everyone to gather at Parliament Square this Friday at 5pm to defend the right to protest. Over the past few days occupy protesters have been harassed, arrested and attacked by police! So be there this Friday from 5pm and on Saturday too the last day of the protest to show the authorities that we will n […]
- Fatal encounter: Jennifer Laude meets US Marine CorpsPHILIPPINES: As I peered at Jennifer Laude’s serene face in the open casket, I saw the wound on her forehead that was barely concealed by the mortician’s make up. I did not see the bruises on her neck and shoulders, but a person familiar with the autopsy said they were severe.
- Turkey : Armed Manifestation In Support Of KobaneArmed militants appeared on the streets of Diyarbakır, Southeastern Turkey tonight (20/10/2014) in a demonstration of combative solidarity with Kobane and in complete defiance of the fascist Turkish government.
- Protest at Green Investment Bank 2nd BirthdayBiofuelwatch, the London Biomassive and UKWIN will be protesting outside the Green Investment Bank's 2nd Birthday Celebrations at 5pm on Tuesday 29 October at 2 King Edward St, nr St Paul's, EC2A 1HQ. We will be targetting GIB's wilful, ongoing, investment in Big Biomass and Waste Incineration. See https://www.facebook.com/events/150105384347 […]
- War Against ISIS / Daesh : ColdHackers Hijack Turkish Regime FB AccountsOnce again the comrades from revolutionary Kurdish hacking collective ColdHackers have gone into action and attacked the online presence of the murderous and cowardly Turkish regime in solidarity with their YPG / YPJ brothers & sisters who are fighting for Rojava and the total liberation of Kobane.
- Gun lobby under fire September 7, 1912The gun lobby has today suffered a serious body blow with the publication of two scientifically robust reports that, on the one hand, demolishes claims that ‘sport shooting’ is immensely valuable to the UK economy and, on the other, accuses...
- One-In-Eight British Adults Is Veggie September 7, 1912A survey conducted by Mintel has found that one-in-eight British adults has ditched meat and fish, with that number rising to one-in-five for younger people aged 16-24. The research found that millions more people have also reduced their meat consumpti...
- Government figures on mis-stunning in UK slaughterhouses 'more than 99.99 per cent inaccurate' September 7, 1917Animal Aid says Defra is misleading Parliament and the public with ‘wildly, out-of-the-ball-park, embarrassingly inaccurate’ information When Neil Parish MP was given the government’s official recorded stati...
- Exeter's cruelty-free Christmas extravaganza returns September 7, 1920South West’s first Green MEP to be special guest South West Christmas Without Cruelty Festival 2014 – Saturday 22 November Exeter Corn Exchange Market Street, Exeter, EX1 1BU 10am-4.15pm FREE...
- Charity's attempt to distance itself from cruel animal experiments backfires September 7, 1924The British Heart Foundation’s (BHF) attempt to distance itself from some of the cruel animal experiments uncovered by Animal Aid as part of its Victims of Charity campaign has triggered a major new exposé. This reveals a catalogu...
- RT @taiji_ladm: LONDON AGAINST DOLPHIN MASSACRE NOV 7TH FOR THE BIGGEST PROTEST YET. PLS RT! facebook.com/events/1545547… @Sam10k @OrcaSOS http:… 5 days ago
- RT @SaveAnimalLives: Animal Testing: Why is human mankind doing such a nonsence? It is proven to be useless: tinyurl.com/bglfrzy 5 days ago
- Cages wp.me/pPEwS-2lt 5 days ago
- RT @Gifswd: مبدع 👍 pic.twitter.com/j20BGPK1xV 6 days ago
- Nestle monopoly of plants wp.me/pPEwS-2lr 6 days ago
- Lion Ark secures global distribution wp.me/pPEwS-2lp 1 week ago
- New rabbit investigation: help End the Cage Age wp.me/pPEwS-2l9 1 week ago
- NY Times on horse racing and bear hunting wp.me/pPEwS-2l7 1 week ago
Please answer poll
Site Posts Calendar
Oxford Indymedia Events
No upcoming events
Climate Change Events
- 2014 GSA Annual Meeting October 19, 2014 – October 23, 2014 Vancouver, Canada
- Réunion des Sciences de la Terre (Earth Sciences Meeting) October 27, 2014 – November 1, 2014 Pau, France
- ESA-SOLAS-EGU "Earth Observation for Ocean-Atmosphere Interactions Science 2014 - Responding to the new scientific challenges of SOLAS" October 28, 2014 – November 1, 2014 Frascati, Italy
- Training school "Earthquakes: nucleation, triggering, and relati onship with aseismic prcesses" November 3, 2014 – November 11, 2014 Cargèse, Corsica
- Lithosphere 2014 Symposium November 4, 2014 – November 7, 2014 Turku / Åbo, Finland
- Webinar - Energy and greenhouse gas efficiency compendium October 22, 2014 at 3:00 pm – 3:45 pm , , United Kingdom
- 40th Session of the IPCC October 27, 2014 at 12:00 am – October 31, 2014 at 12:00 am , Copenhagen, Denmark
- 10th Annual HSE Forum in Energy November 3, 2014 at 9:00 am – November 5, 2014 at 5:00 pm , Doha, Qatar
- IUCN World Parks Congress November 12, 2014 at 12:00 am – November 19, 2014 at 12:00 am , Sydney, Australia
- G20 Leaders Summit November 15, 2014 at 12:00 am – 12:00 am Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre, Brisbane, Australia
- UNFCCC COP-20 December 1, 2014 at 9:00 am – December 12, 2014 at 6:00 pm , Lima, Peru