ROYAL RED BRIGADE – Give Into The Violence CD
Originally posted on Profane Existence:
The fact that this starts with a mid-paced battle-hymn sing-a-long is pretty deceiving. Once track 2(A Love Radio) kicks in, your ears get blasted with an explosion of angsty barroom rock and roll! Track 4 slows down a bit. Maybe it’s to give you a breather and to make sure you don’t wreck the living room. After this they slowly build up tempo and take off full speed again by Sickness, track 6. RRB leave nothing to the listeners imagination while belting out jam after jam of nasty unapologetic grit rock complete with kick ass guitar solos. Every time I listen to this CD is gets better and better and the riffs seem to pop out more and the overall writing make more sense. It wouldn’t surprise me if Tesco Vee was a fan of these guys. Even though they’re from Regina, Saskatchewan I would swear they were based in…
View original 71 more words
- Long-term sustainability key to successful business strategies August 1, 2014Long-term sustainability should be central to a business's strategic development process, according to new research by corporate responsibility consultants, Corporate Citizenship.
- ISO publishes standard for measuring water footprint July 31, 2014Businesses across the globe will now be able to measure the environmental impact of water use and pollution with a new ISO standard, published today (31 July).
- Pritt Stick maker closes the loop on polystyrene waste July 31, 2014Henkel, manufacturer of the Pritt adhesive products brand, has entered into an agreement with leading German waste contractor ALBA Group to help close the loop on polystyrene waste for its products.
- Businesses failing to extract best value from sustainability July 30, 2014As corporate sustainability becomes a core business issue companies are struggling to maximise its value, particularly around reputational and performance management.
- The North Face pushes 100% recycled polyester clothing goal by 2016 July 29, 2014Outdoor clothing retailer The North Face has set a goal to use 100% recycled polyester fabric by 2016 - material that will be mainly sourced from post-consumer water bottles.
- United Airlines offers carbon offsetting tool for cargo customers July 25, 2014United Airlines has launched a carbon offsetting tool for its corporate cargo customers to track and offset the emissions associated with their air freight accounts.
- The week in wildlife - in pictures August 1, 2014Waxy monkey leaf frogs, surfing dolphins and giant trees are among the pick of this weeks images from the natural world Continue reading...Guardian Staff
- Turning a slate quarry green: 40 years of Centre for Alternative Technology August 1, 2014Welsh hippies ushered in an era of sustainable living well before the world had woken up to climate change Continue reading...Roger Harrabin
- 'Old coal' subsidy loophole to be closed by UK government August 1, 2014Gap in energy policy could have seen billpayers funding billions of pounds of subsidy for old coal plants Continue reading...Damian Carrington
- Species named after Sir David Attenborough - in pictures July 31, 2014A 20 million-year-old grasshopper trapped in amber is the latest species to be named after the natural history broadcaster. From spiders to shrimps, here are some other species carrying his name Continue reading...Guardian Staff
- It's time energy policy hums to a different tune August 1, 2014Why is the UK government seeking to exploit more fossil fuels when we cant burn what we already know is there? Continue reading...Andrew Simms
- The birthday butterfly hunt August 1, 2014Frohawk Ride, New Forest: The butterfly sighting was a splendid way to celebrate Frohawks birthday, though its sad the insect has declined here Continue reading...Graham Long
- Volunteering opportunity: Sustainable Economy Volunteer June 6, 2014Volunteering opportunity: Sustainable Economy Volunteer FoES is leading a coalition of environmental organisations, trade unions and anti-poverty campaigns on an Enquiry About Sustainable Alternative Economic Policy. The first conference will take place on 11 September in Glasgow University. This post will support the event and the process, involving both or […]
- Dance For The Climate November 11, 2009In August 2009 over 10.000 people danced for the climate on the Ostend Beach in Belgium. By joining this global movement and adding your own dance video to this site, you make your own statement that we have to act now on climate change. read more
- News teaser September 29, 2009Contact the Friends of the Earth Scotland media office: During working hours: 0131 243 2719 Out of hours: 0131 243 2715 Go to the blog Share buttons: No buttons
- Our Successes August 11, 2009Our campaigns get noticed and without us Scotland would not have many of the environmental successes we have today. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Our Purpose August 11, 2009We are the leading organisation in Scotland that is working for environmental justice, campaigning for the planet and its people. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Rally for Gaza19:00 - 21:30hrs Tuesday 5th August, Oxford Town Hall, St Aldates. Called by Oxford Palestine Solidarity Campaign and supported by Oxford Muslim Community Initiative
- Racist Van off out streets.At 12pm today a call out was made via twitter by the anti-raids network for activists to get to Old Kent Road B&Q as there was a massive anti-immigration operation underway.
- IMPUNITY FOR ISRAELJuly 31,2014 - Eighty years ago the world turned its back on the brutal persecution of European Jews. Today we suffer from similar global apathy -- though this time the persecutors are Jews. Born by the conquest of the land of others the State of Israel has been guilty since 1948 of the ruthless ethnic cleansing of Palestinians from their territory, either b […]
- Stop NATO Cymru Week of Action / Wythnos o Weithredu Stop NATOA week of action against the NATO summit. / Wythos o weithredu yn erbyn Uwchgynhadledd NATO.
- Day of Action Against Millitarism / Diwrnod o Weithredu yn erbyn MilitariaethActions in London and Cardiff. / Gweithredoedd yn Llundain a Chaerdydd.
- Animal Aid Shop Achieves High Rating in Ethical Consumer Survey June 7, 1913Animal Aid is proud to announce that our online shop has come third in an Ethical Consumer (EC) surv...
- Open letter regarding Cheltenham Racecourse June 7, 1913Animal Aid has today sent an open letter to horse racing’s regulatory and representative bodies, strongly criticising their decision to ignore an important report analysing the reasons why Cheltenham Racecourse kills more horses than any ...
- Culling badgers 'won't control bovine TB' June 7, 1914Computer modelling by the universities of Warwick and Cambridge has accurately reproduced the spread of bovine TB and the number of cases. Furthermore, the study, which has been published in Nature, has concluded that culling badgers will not ...
- Another increase in animal experiments: Government tries to airbrush GM animal suffering June 7, 1921The number of experiments conducted in British laboratories in 2013 was the highest in nearly 30 years, according to government statistics published today. The total of 4.12 million ‘procedures’ exceeded the 2012 figure by 11,600. The use o...
- Appeal for common sense from new Environment Minister June 7, 1926Owen Paterson’s time as Environment Minister was dominated by tribal allegiances to the farming and pro-hunting, pro-shooting countryside fraternity, which resulted in irrational and highly damaging policies, such as the disastrous badger cull. B...
- http://t.co/IRyapyZfjh 1 week ago
- Is This Polar Bear the World's Saddest Animal? takepart.com/article/2014/0… via @TakePart 1 week ago
- I'm giving away free Compact Camera @ bit.ly/1mWnFhs 2 weeks ago
- RT @BabyAnimals123: escaping with his new treasure http://t.co/ih0TCTTF0D 2 weeks ago
- RT @Eims4gsds: Dog who was tied to a fence perished in the heat examiner.com/article/dog-wh… via @examinercom 2 weeks ago
- RT @JulieStaffysi: Hunt for sick thug who hanged #dog by its lead and left it to die #Leeds bit.ly/1jyo36a 2 weeks ago
- RT @CoveMovie_OPS: What SeaWorld Doesn’t Want You to Know! The Scoop on Life After Captivity for Dolphins fb.me/1gEaYCEFI 2 weeks ago
- RT @theblackfishorg: Did you notice we launched new training courses? Check out which one is perfect for you! bit.ly/1rTszP8 http:/… 2 weeks ago
Please answer poll
Site Posts Calendar
Oxford Indymedia Events
No upcoming events
Climate Change Events
- AOGS 11th Annual Meeting July 28, 2014 – August 2, 2014 Sapporo, Japan
- COSPAR General Assembly 2014 - COSMOS August 2, 2014 – August 11, 2014 Moscow, Russia
- Tephra 2014 - Maximizing the potential of tephra for multidiscipli nary science August 3, 2014 – August 8, 2014 Portland, Oregon, USA
- 3rd Young Earth Scientists Congress August 11, 2014 – August 15, 2014 Dar es Salam, Tanzania
- 25th Colloquium of African Geology (CAG25) August 14, 2014 – August 17, 2014 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- ARPEL Workshop on Business and Human Rights August 6, 2014 at 8:00 am – August 7, 2014 at 4:00 pm , Río de Janeiro,, Brazil
- World Water Week 2014 August 30, 2014 at 11:00 pm – September 4, 2014 at 11:00 pm Stockholmsmässan, Stockholm, Sweden
- Seminar on oil spill response science and technology September 2, 2014 at 7:30 am – September 3, 2014 at 5:30 pm , Yantai, China
- Training course for level 1 commanders of oil spill response September 4, 2014 at 7:00 am – September 5, 2014 at 5:00 pm , Yantai, China
- The SPE African HSE Conference and Exhibition 2014 September 15, 2014 at 8:15 am – September 17, 2014 at 4:15 pm , Maputo, Mozambique
- CSR Asia Summit 2014 September 16, 2014 at 8:00 am – September 17, 2014 at 4:00 pm Kowloon Shangri-La , , Hong Kong