HARRINGTON SAINTS: Pride And Tradition: CD
Originally posted on Profane Existence:
HARRINGTON SAINTS have been around since 2005 and Pride and Tradition is their second full-length album and is produced by Lars Frederiksen from RANCID and he did a great job on it. The production is nice and clear, but gritty enough to keep the edge that this band has. Eleven tracks planted firmly in the vein of Oi and Street Punk that made me want to grab a pint, start jumping around and learn the words to shout along with on this album. You get lyrics about class warfare, getting screwed over by those rich bastards, lots of frustration, and about giving up and just rotting on the couch. This has a lot of touches of classic Oi bands, but still keeps things going without being slavishly bound to their influences. As soon as I put this album on, it just started being on of the better Street Punk and Oi albums…
View original 82 more words
- Top universities publish guide to 'forge path to sustainable future' October 22, 2014Oxford and Cambridge are among 10 of the world's top universities to have published the 'Green Guide for Universities', helping universities worldwide become more sustainable.
- Global wind power to hit 2000GW by 2030 October 21, 2014The UK's recent surge in wind power output appears to be reflective of a global trend, with new analysis estimating that global wind-generated energy could supply up to 20% of the world's electricity by 2030.
- Good, better, best: Whole Foods launches rating system for environmental impact of produce October 17, 2014Whole Foods Market has introduced the Responsibly Grown produce rating system which assesses the impact of farming practices on the environment and human health.
- FCC Environmental US division sold for €70m October 17, 2014Leading waste management firm FCC Environmental has today (17 October) announced it is selling its division in the US to cleaning and waste management firm Heritage-Crystal Clean.
- Sustainability stats: The week in numbers (17/10/14) October 17, 2014What great data did we see in the past seven days? In the third edition of a new series, edie takes a look-back at some of the fascinating figures from the worlds of energy, waste and water.
- Profit or planet? Global index reveals economic benefits of sustainable business October 15, 2014A new study has revealed that carbon-conscious companies are proving to be more profitable than their more polluting rivals.
- China's coal use falls for first time this century, analysis suggests October 22, 2014Drop of 1-2% in amount of coal burned offers a window of opportunity to bring climate change under control, say Greenpeace energy analysts Continue reading...Damian Carrington
- Indias largest dam given clearance but still faces flood of opposition October 22, 2014The 3000MW Dibang dam, rejected twice as it would submerge vast tracts of biologically rich forests, is to get environmental clearance but huge local opposition could stall the project Continue reading...Janaki Lenin
- British families waste less food since recession, government survey suggests October 22, 2014FSA polling shows people are less likely to throw food away and have changed shopping habits to find bargains and reduce waste because of financial pressures Continue reading...Rebecca Smithers
- Weak EU 2030 climate deal risks nearly a million jobs, warn unions October 22, 2014Leader of European Trade Union Confederation joins major brands, including Philips and Shell, calling for ambitious climate and energy package to create jobs and support businesses Continue reading...Arthur Neslen
- 2014 Wildlife photographer of the Year October 22, 2014The results of the wildlife photographer of the year 2014 competition have been announced at Londons Natural History Museum. The overall winner is American photographer Michael Nichols with his image of five female lions at rest with their cubs in Tanzanias Serengeti National Park. Here is a selection of some of the winning images Continue reading...Eric Hilaire
- Ed Davey attacks coalition partners over pledge to end wind subsidies October 22, 2014Energy secretary says the party that takes wind off the table is reckless in an attack quickly dismissed by Tory minister Continue reading...Terry Macalister
- Better Banks January 23, 2013Short title: Better Banks We're on our way to a better financial system. Find out how you can help us make better banks. Background image:
- Dance For The Climate November 11, 2009In August 2009 over 10.000 people danced for the climate on the Ostend Beach in Belgium. By joining this global movement and adding your own dance video to this site, you make your own statement that we have to act now on climate change. read more
- News teaser September 29, 2009Contact the Friends of the Earth Scotland media office: During working hours: 0131 243 2719 Out of hours: 0131 243 2715 Go to the blog Share buttons: No buttons
- Our Successes August 11, 2009Our campaigns get noticed and without us Scotland would not have many of the environmental successes we have today. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Our Purpose August 11, 2009We are the leading organisation in Scotland that is working for environmental justice, campaigning for the planet and its people. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Global Rally Against ISIS, For Kobane & For Humanity : Nov 1st 2014A Global Rally against ISIS, For Kobane & For Humanity is being urged for November 1st, 2014. Please note that this is not a call for some kind of reactionary anti-Muslim, anti-Islam rally so please don't just dismiss it as being so and take a careful read of the following text including the signatories to this urgent call that include Noam Chomsky […]
- Unite and Oppose the Racist Welsh Alliance in Cardiff on the 25th OctoberMeet at11:45 on the Green in front of Cardiff Castle opposite the Rummer Tavern CF10 1AY
- Wide angle on CalaisThere are over 2000 migrant people in Calais and their number is rising, more people than in 2009 but there are more women and children . There is not even water, enough tents or sufficient food. Police violence aganst those trying to cross has escalated to appalling levels.
- Mass callout everyone to Parliament Square this Friday!Defend the right to protest. This is a mass callout for everyone to gather at Parliament Square this Friday at 5pm to defend the right to protest. Over the past few days occupy protesters have been harassed, arrested and attacked by police! So be there this Friday from 5pm and on Saturday too the last day of the protest to show the authorities that we will n […]
- Fatal encounter: Jennifer Laude meets US Marine CorpsPHILIPPINES: As I peered at Jennifer Laude’s serene face in the open casket, I saw the wound on her forehead that was barely concealed by the mortician’s make up. I did not see the bruises on her neck and shoulders, but a person familiar with the autopsy said they were severe.
- Ugo Monye Tackles Fur Industry in New PETA Ad October 22, 2014He’s known for his speed on the pitch – but the legions of Harlequins fans might not know that Ugo Monye is just as quick to speak out against the cruelty of the fur industry. England’s international rugby star is the latest celeb to strip down for PETA’s “Ink, Not Mink” ad campaign calling on fans to ditch fur. “Animals used for fur sometimes have their ski […]Dan
- RT @taiji_ladm: LONDON AGAINST DOLPHIN MASSACRE NOV 7TH FOR THE BIGGEST PROTEST YET. PLS RT! facebook.com/events/1545547… @Sam10k @OrcaSOS http:… 6 days ago
- RT @SaveAnimalLives: Animal Testing: Why is human mankind doing such a nonsence? It is proven to be useless: tinyurl.com/bglfrzy 6 days ago
- Cages wp.me/pPEwS-2lt 6 days ago
- RT @Gifswd: مبدع 👍 pic.twitter.com/j20BGPK1xV 1 week ago
- Nestle monopoly of plants wp.me/pPEwS-2lr 1 week ago
- Lion Ark secures global distribution wp.me/pPEwS-2lp 1 week ago
- New rabbit investigation: help End the Cage Age wp.me/pPEwS-2l9 1 week ago
- NY Times on horse racing and bear hunting wp.me/pPEwS-2l7 1 week ago
Please answer poll
Site Posts Calendar
Oxford Indymedia Events
No upcoming events
Climate Change Events
- Réunion des Sciences de la Terre (Earth Sciences Meeting) October 27, 2014 – November 1, 2014 Pau, France
- ESA-SOLAS-EGU "Earth Observation for Ocean-Atmosphere Interactions Science 2014 - Responding to the new scientific challenges of SOLAS" October 28, 2014 – November 1, 2014 Frascati, Italy
- Training school "Earthquakes: nucleation, triggering, and relati onship with aseismic prcesses" November 3, 2014 – November 11, 2014 Cargèse, Corsica
- Lithosphere 2014 Symposium November 4, 2014 – November 7, 2014 Turku / Åbo, Finland
- DPS 2014 - 46th Annual Meeting November 9, 2014 – November 15, 2014 Tucson, USA
- 40th Session of the IPCC October 27, 2014 at 12:00 am – October 31, 2014 at 12:00 am , Copenhagen, Denmark
- 10th Annual HSE Forum in Energy November 3, 2014 at 9:00 am – November 5, 2014 at 5:00 pm , Doha, Qatar
- IUCN World Parks Congress November 12, 2014 at 12:00 am – November 19, 2014 at 12:00 am , Sydney, Australia
- G20 Leaders Summit November 15, 2014 at 12:00 am – 12:00 am Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre, Brisbane, Australia
- UNFCCC COP-20 December 1, 2014 at 9:00 am – December 12, 2014 at 6:00 pm , Lima, Peru
- Third United Nations Forum on Business and Human Rights December 1, 2014 at 9:00 am – December 3, 2014 at 5:00 pm Palais des Nations, Geneva, Switzerland