Open The Cages tour needs your support to end vivisection: Call for endorsements
Originally posted on Profane Existence:
Last year I was lucky enough to take part in the Open The Cages Tour, which combines music, protest, film, and workshops all geared towards ending animal testing. OTC could be described like a travelling carnival of animal liberation, organized in the DIY punk tradition. OTC is continuing with extensive tour dates throughout 2013 and they looking for support from groups and individuals, like YOU! Support is easy, and doesn’t cost a cent. For real yo!
Endorsing is as simple as saying you support the tour and posting about our events and linking to our page. We get a ton of traffic on our site, from individuals, groups, media and students; we are happy to showcase other group to these visitors! Additionally we get a lot of visits from labs and universities to our website so we like to show that we are part of a network…
View original 458 more words
- Major worldwide companies failing to address water scarcity October 18, 2012The majority of the world's largest companies lack a long-term water strategy, according to a report from the professional services company KPMG.
- Water bills could quadruple for Irish businesses October 17, 2012The price of water would quadruple in Ireland if European trends are applied, according to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and it is therefore crucial that businesses tackle water efficiency.
- Sustainable businesses need 'transparent dialogue with stakeholders' October 12, 2012Feedback and the views from stakeholders must be accounted for when businesses develop their sustainability strategies, says Asia Pulp & Paper's (APP) sustainability manager.
- Audi powers up with biofuels from wastewater October 10, 2012Audi is pioneering the development of eco-fuels from wastewater which will offer sustainable alternatives to petrol and diesel.
- PUMA costs out environmental 'calories' of its products October 9, 2012PUMA has scaled up its environmental profit and loss (EP&L) reporting to a product level, effectively putting a carbon 'price tag' on the shoes and clothing it produces.
- Robotic recycling firm set for high powered growth September 27, 2012ZenRobotics has secured €13m in investment funding to grow and commercialise its robotic waste recycling system, following the sale of its first ZenRobotics Recycler in a deal worth €1m.
- The week in wildlife - in pictures April 18, 2014A hare on hind legs, technicolour savannahs and rare snow leopards are among the pick of this week's images from the natural world Continue reading...Guardian Staff
- Easter weekend weather off to a sunny start as butterflies and bluebells abound April 18, 2014Warm spring after mild winter proves a boon for wildlife across Britain but Met Office warns of more unsettled weather moving in Continue reading...Jessica Aldred
- Botswana bushmen: 'If you deny us the right to hunt, you are killing us' April 18, 2014The San people are reaching out to Prince Charles to help overturn new laws threatening their tribal culture Continue reading...John Vidal
- Summer cycling on the cheap? Bike gear for £25 or less April 17, 2014A brief guide to looking the part on two wheels this spring/summer without breaking the bank Continue reading...Peter Walker
- Grey squirrel tops garden wildlife survey April 17, 2014RSPB results show introduced species is the most spotted in the UK's gardens, with few people seeing the indigenous red squirrel Continue reading...Jessica Aldred
- Cumbrian nuclear dump 'virtually certain' to be eroded by rising sea levels April 20, 2014One million cubic metres of waste near Sellafield are housed at a site that was a mistake, admits Environment Agency Continue reading...Rob Edwards
- Dance For The Climate November 11, 2009In August 2009 over 10.000 people danced for the climate on the Ostend Beach in Belgium. By joining this global movement and adding your own dance video to this site, you make your own statement that we have to act now on climate change. read more
- News teaser September 29, 2009Contact the Friends of the Earth Scotland media office:During working hours:0131 243 2719Out of hours:0131 243 2715 Go to the blog Share buttons: No buttons
- Our Successes August 11, 2009Our campaigns get noticed and without us Scotland would not have many of the environmental successes we have today. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Our Purpose August 11, 2009We are the leading organisation in Scotland that is working for environmental justice, campaigning for the planet and its people. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- About Us August 11, 2009We are a campaigning organisation that appeals to all walks of life with a shared vision of a better place to live. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Real World War I Free School Sunday 18 May, LondonReal World War One Free School Sunday 18 May at No. 88 Fleet Street (entrance in St. Brides Avenue), London EC4 1DH (Blackfriars or Chancery Lane Tube)
- Radical Anthropology talks in LondonRadical Anthropology Cosmology, History and Archaeology Summer 2014
- THE SECOND MYSTERY AROUND MALAYSIA AIRLINES FLIGHT MH370A second mystery around the disappearance of Flight MH370 has largely gone unnoticed
- UG#679 - The New Pearl Harbor 3 (The Exploding Towers)We conclude Massimo Mazzucco's film, The New Pearl Harbor, looking this time at the remarkable circumstances surrounding the instantaneous freefall collapse of 3 steel framed skyscrapers (the first such collapses in history, happening largely in freefall as even NIST was forced eventually to admit).
- emergence of a new world orderA new world order on the anvil
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Gays Use Their Bodies 'In Ways They're Not Supposed To,' According To Scott Lively huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/11/sco… 6 days ago
- RT @AmyRoseKathryn: Celebrate National Dolphin Day With A Look At These Unique Dolphin Species m.huffpost.com/us/entry/51469… http://t.co/1PG4cAelEA 6 days ago
- RT @ashleyortwine: If you haven't watched Blackfish, please do. It'll give you a new perspective on sea world. 6 days ago
- Whole Natural Dark Chia Seeds (1kg) @Amazon amazon.co.uk/dp/B00EQCWORA 1 week ago
- Call to review pet rabbit protection bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla… 1 week ago
- EU 'must lead' climate change fight bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politi… 1 week ago
- Sheepwrecked – Environmentalists v Farmers wp.me/pPEwS-2ec 1 week ago
- I liked a @YouTube video youtu.be/TiIxdaajYYs?a Magic Bullet or NutriBullet Which One Should I Buy 1 week ago
Please answer poll
Site Posts Calendar
Oxford Indymedia Events
- against EU austerity April 29, 2014 at 6:00 pm Ruskin College
- May Day march & rally May 3, 2014 at 10:30 am meet at Manzil Way
Climate Change Events
- Wave Interaction - 2014 April 23, 2014 – April 27, 2014 Linz, Austria
- Operational Techniques in Volcanic Hazard Assessment April 24, 2014 – April 26, 2014 Vienna, Austria
- EGU General Assembly 2014 April 27, 2014 – May 3, 2014 Vienna, Austria
- JpGU Meeting 2014 April 28, 2014 – May 3, 2014 Yokohama, Japan
- 2014 Geomorphic Change Detection (GCD) Workshop April 29, 2014 – May 2, 2014 Logan, Utah, USA
- Social Investment Performance April 29, 2014 at 8:30 am – 10:30 am , Webinar Online, United Kingdom
- International Oil Spill Conference 2014 May 4, 2014 at 11:00 pm – May 7, 2014 at 11:00 pm Savannah International Trade & Convention Center, Savannah, Georgia, United n States
- Sustainability Exchange 2014: Transformation through Collaboration May 21, 2014 at 8:00 am – May 22, 2014 at 4:00 pm , Washington D.C., United States
- SPE Applying the Best Technologies in Extremely Sensitive Environments n Workshop May 27, 2014 at 8:00 am – May 29, 2014 at 4:00 pm , , Ecuador
- SPE Africa HSE Conference and Exhibition June 10, 2014 at 8:00 am – June 12, 2014 at 4:00 pm Safari Park Hotel, Nairobi, Kenya
- 21st World Petroleum Congress June 15, 2014 at 8:00 am – June 19, 2014 at 4:00 pm , Moscow, Russia