Open The Cages tour needs your support to end vivisection: Call for endorsements
Originally posted on Profane Existence:
Last year I was lucky enough to take part in the Open The Cages Tour, which combines music, protest, film, and workshops all geared towards ending animal testing. OTC could be described like a travelling carnival of animal liberation, organized in the DIY punk tradition. OTC is continuing with extensive tour dates throughout 2013 and they looking for support from groups and individuals, like YOU! Support is easy, and doesn’t cost a cent. For real yo!
Endorsing is as simple as saying you support the tour and posting about our events and linking to our page. We get a ton of traffic on our site, from individuals, groups, media and students; we are happy to showcase other group to these visitors! Additionally we get a lot of visits from labs and universities to our website so we like to show that we are part of a network…
View original 458 more words
- Volkswagen closes in on wastewater-free automotive production August 20, 2014Volkswagen Group is looking to make its production factories "wastewater-free" and has revealed that it is close to achieving this at a number of sites.
- McDonald's posts update on its global zero waste drive August 15, 2014McDonald's has revealed progress on waste minimisation across its global operations including a specific reverse logistics initiative in the UK where it is working to send zero waste to landfill.
- Big business increasingly being held to account on climate from shareholders August 15, 2014Twenty global corporations have set goals to cut GHG emissions and source sustainable palm oil to in response to 150 climate-related resolutions filed by their shareholders this year.
- PepsiCo set to launch soft drink made from cashew fruit waste August 14, 2014PepsiCo plans to create a new soft drink using what has traditionally been an agricultural waste product - juice obtained from cashew apples.
- Caterpillar seeks to push remanufacture into restricted markets August 14, 2014Caterpillar is examining how it can increase global access to its remanufactured products, especially in developing markets where trade barriers exist.
- Construction firms urged to rethink buildings as 'material banks' for circular gain August 13, 2014The construction industry has a great opportunity to enter the circular economy space by viewing buildings as material banks, a real estate developer has said.
- US sailors prepare for fresh legal challenge over Fukushima radiation August 20, 2014$1bn lawsuit accuses Tepco of failing to avoid the accident and of lying about radiation levels that have caused health problems to themselves and their families stationed in Japan Continue reading...Suzanne Goldenberg in San Diego
- A time to cull? The battle over Australia's brumbies August 20, 2014Its been a hard winter for Australias wild horses. But things may be about to get much worse for these totemic animals. Their swelling numbers are damaging the continents precious alpine ranges, and tensions are mounting over what needs to happen nextBrumbies in their element pictures Continue reading...Words by Gabrielle Chan, photography by Mike Bowers
- The intoxication of the speckled wood butterfly August 20, 2014Wenlock Edge: Drunk and disorderly, he wavers through the air until he catches the whiff of ripeness, finds the fruit and locks on Continue reading...Paul Evans
- Badger vaccination programme begins in England August 19, 2014Farmers and landowners in East Sussex given opportunity to vaccinate badgers against bovine tuberculosis Continue reading...Press Association
- UK lobbying to keep open one of Europe's dirtiest coal power stations August 19, 2014Government seeks exemption from European law that would close down Aberthaw for its excessive nitrogen oxide emissions Continue reading...Karl Mathiesen
- Criticism over Great Barrier Reef deals for Gina Rinehart's mining company August 20, 2014Australias environment protection system is called broken over reports of concessions on conditions and payments Continue reading...Oliver Milman
- Dance For The Climate November 11, 2009In August 2009 over 10.000 people danced for the climate on the Ostend Beach in Belgium. By joining this global movement and adding your own dance video to this site, you make your own statement that we have to act now on climate change. read more
- News teaser September 29, 2009Contact the Friends of the Earth Scotland media office: During working hours: 0131 243 2719 Out of hours: 0131 243 2715 Go to the blog Share buttons: No buttons
- Our Successes August 11, 2009Our campaigns get noticed and without us Scotland would not have many of the environmental successes we have today. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Our Purpose August 11, 2009We are the leading organisation in Scotland that is working for environmental justice, campaigning for the planet and its people. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- About Us August 11, 2009We are a campaigning organisation that appeals to all walks of life with a shared vision of a better place to live. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Reclaim the Power: 13 actions, 0 arrests - repression and the climate movementThis year's Reclaim the Power action camp took place near Blackpool in solidarity with locals (Operation Mothers and Grandmothers - OMG) occupying a proposed fracking site. A brief report of the actions and some initial thoughts on the climate movement and its relationship to state repression.
- A Way Out of the Embassy for Julian Assange?Report on Monday's press conference at the Ecuadorian Embassy in London called by Julian Assange of WikiLeaks and the Ecuadorian Foreign Minister that triggered wild speculation that Assange was about to surrender to the police outside the embassy on account of ill health. Read on....
- Neither Ukrainian nor Russian!Let’s develop our own camp, the third camp, that of social revolution!
- Protection for whistleblowers: day of actionThe Whistler, a fellowship alliance that brings together Compassion in Care, Cure the NHS, the Courage Foundation and the Centre for Investigative Journalism (CIJ) is organising a silent protest to stop the abuse of whistleblowers.
- Stop Killing People You Twats – Benefit Comp for Stop Nato CymruBenifit Comp
- Royal Ascot Update: Death Toll Rises to Four July 8, 1918It has been announced today (7 August) that young filly Inchila has been destroyed after she was unable to recover from a fractured pelvis sustained during a race at Royal Ascot this year. This brings the 2014 Royal Meeting’s equine de...
- Two farmers prosecuted for neglecting animals July 8, 1918A farmer in Yorkshire has been jailed for 16 weeks after 350 dead and dying animals were discovered at his farm, whilst another farmer in Wales has had his animals seized after they were found to be neglected and underfed. James Linsley, who ...
- The Inglorious Twelfth July 9, 1923Please take action now to curb out-of-control grouse shoot owners. August 12th – the so-called Glorious ...
- BBC documentary reveals health impacts of meat July 8, 1930Despite trying to remain impartial throughout, the first part of the BBC’s documentary ‘Horizon: Should I Eat Meat?’ (18 August) showed in no uncertain terms that current meat consumption levels in the UK are unhealthy, especially tho...
- Keep animals cool in hot weather June 7, 1933With the recent arrival of hot weather, we should be reminded that animals suffer and die when temperatures rise. Dogs die very quickly in hot cars and they should not be left inside them even for very short periods. Opening a window a few inches is no...
- RT @EcoClimateSolut: Ethanol the #renewable #fuel ecoclimatesolutions.com/2012/06/ethano… #fossilfuels #eco #green #energy #bio #earth #earthfriendly #save… 22 hours ago
- I'm looking for free Tow bar for Freelander @ bit.ly/1szhAuW 1 week ago
- I'm giving away free Upright Hoover @ bit.ly/1rmCIA5 1 week ago
- RT @Shell: Can NYC win its fight with pollution by 2030? Find out here po.st/BeyWcB. Let’s Go. amp.twimg.com/v/1cac694a-105… 1 week ago
- RT @guardian: Rescuing orphaned baby elephants in Kenya - in pictures gu.com/p/4vkt2/tw 1 week ago
- RT @mckee_sharon: TACN need your support! tacn.org Hope for all the wee souls of the #dogmeattrade http://t.co/5ffqBgNkHV 1 week ago
- @mckee_sharon 1 week ago
- RT @EcoWatch: Groundbreaking Settlement Ends Uncontrolled Oil Leaks at Eight of Nation’s Biggest Dams ow.ly/zZFwH @globalactplan… 2 weeks ago
Please answer poll
Site Posts Calendar
Oxford Indymedia Events
- Our Jerusalem: Art work by Jordanian Children August 18, 2014 at 6:00 pm – September 12, 2014 at 6:00 pm Gallery Wall Oxford Central Library
Climate Change Events
- The first World Weather Open Science Conference (WWOSC-2014) August 16, 2014 – August 22, 2014 Montréal, Canada
- GRC Evolving Rock Structure: From Grain-Scale to Planet-Scale August 17, 2014 – August 23, 2014 Andover, USA
- 19th International Sedimentological Congress August 18, 2014 – August 23, 2014 Geneva, Switzerland
- 4th Atlantic Conjugate Margins Conference August 20, 2014 – August 23, 2014 St. John’s, NL Canada
- 22nd EM Induction Workshop Weimar, Germany 24 – 30 August 2014 August 24, 2014 – August 31, 2014 Weimar, Germany
- World Water Week 2014 August 30, 2014 at 11:00 pm – September 4, 2014 at 11:00 pm Stockholmsmässan, Stockholm, Sweden
- Seminar on oil spill response science and technology September 2, 2014 at 7:30 am – September 3, 2014 at 5:30 pm , Yantai, China
- Training course for level 3 commanders of oil spill response September 4, 2014 at 7:00 am – September 5, 2014 at 5:00 pm , Yantai, China
- The SPE African HSE Conference and Exhibition 2014 September 15, 2014 at 8:15 am – September 17, 2014 at 4:15 pm , Maputo, Mozambique
- African Regional Forum on Business and Human Rights September 16, 2014 at 8:00 am – September 18, 2014 at 4:00 pm , Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- CSR Asia Summit 2014 September 16, 2014 at 8:00 am – September 17, 2014 at 4:00 pm Kowloon Shangri-La , , Hong Kong