DEEP Officers Who Helped At Sandy Hook Among Those To Be Honored
Originally posted on CBS Connecticut:
MERIDEN, Conn. (AP) _ Connecticut officials will be honoring the good work of state environmental conservation police officers.
The Department of Energy and Environmental Protection has scheduled an awards ceremony for 6 p.m. at the Connecticut State Police Museum in Meriden.
Department Commissioner Daniel Esty says awards will be given this year to 11 environmental conservation officers who responded to the shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown in December. A gunman killed 20 first-graders, six adults and himself at the school, after shooting his mother to death at their home.
Esty said the 11 officers helped evacuate the school and search the building.
Also receiving awards are three DEEP emergency dispatchers and the Maine Warden Service critical incident stress debriefing team.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Pangolins being eaten to extinction, conservationists warn July 28, 2014Scaly anteaters are now the most illegally-traded mammal in the world, with all eight species listed as threatened Continue reading...Adam Vaughan
- Delaying climate action will carry heavy economic cost, White House warned July 29, 2014President's council of economic advisers sounds warning over delaying EPA power plant rules in face of industry lobbying Continue reading...Suzanne Goldenberg
- Diesel drivers may face higher costs in pollution battle July 29, 2014UK cities considering low emission zones and London diesel drivers could face extra costs on top of the congestion charge Continue reading...Fiona Harvey
- Why I want to save the leopard that killed my dog July 29, 2014Few people saw 'Macavity' and even fewer worried about him, but now Indian forestry officials want to trap and relocate him Continue reading...Janaki Lenin
- IPCC climate change report's findings must be accepted, MPs say July 29, 2014Energy and climate change committee says UN climate science panel processes have improved since last major report Continue reading...Fiona Harvey
- Fracking and future energy sources July 29, 2014Continue reading...Guardian Staff
- Volunteering opportunity: Sustainable Economy Volunteer June 6, 2014Volunteering opportunity: Sustainable Economy Volunteer FoES is leading a coalition of environmental organisations, trade unions and anti-poverty campaigns on an Enquiry About Sustainable Alternative Economic Policy. The first conference will take place on 11 September in Glasgow University. This post will support the event and the process, involving both or […]
- Dance For The Climate November 11, 2009In August 2009 over 10.000 people danced for the climate on the Ostend Beach in Belgium. By joining this global movement and adding your own dance video to this site, you make your own statement that we have to act now on climate change. read more
- News teaser September 29, 2009Contact the Friends of the Earth Scotland media office: During working hours: 0131 243 2719 Out of hours: 0131 243 2715 Go to the blog Share buttons: No buttons
- Our Successes August 11, 2009Our campaigns get noticed and without us Scotland would not have many of the environmental successes we have today. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Our Purpose August 11, 2009We are the leading organisation in Scotland that is working for environmental justice, campaigning for the planet and its people. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- COALITION WANT TO RAISE TUITION FEES AGAIN - DEMO 19 NOVCOALITION WANT TO RAISE TUITION FEES AGAIN - DEMO 19 NOV Wednesday 19 November, 12 noon, central London (route TBC) https://www.facebook.com/events/1438512509748733/
- The Groucho Gate AffairThe Elite and Famous the people who run our country in London's Groucho club was allowed by management to have services of a sexual natural advertised on a online forum. Come Clean on Child Abuse Grouch Club Whistle Blowers Welcome.
- TUC day-of-action Oct 18 ****Next TUC day-of-action 18 Oct 2014
- Anonymous UK - Bonfire Night - 5 Nov 2014Anonymous UK - Bonfire Night - 5 Nov 2014
- The Elite of the AV Exposed as Pawns in a Mi5 Psy-Op.“We can confirm that we have never ever suggested anything of the sort and we have always been aware that Matt Dowel is the author and the webmaster for Reset and the CPG.” Brian Gerrish from UK Column News.
- Animal Aid Shop Achieves High Rating in Ethical Consumer Survey June 7, 1913Animal Aid is proud to announce that our online shop has come third in an Ethical Consumer (EC) surv...
- Open letter regarding Cheltenham Racecourse June 7, 1913Animal Aid has today sent an open letter to horse racing’s regulatory and representative bodies, strongly criticising their decision to ignore an important report analysing the reasons why Cheltenham Racecourse kills more horses than any ...
- Culling badgers 'won't control bovine TB' June 7, 1914Computer modelling by the universities of Warwick and Cambridge has accurately reproduced the spread of bovine TB and the number of cases. Furthermore, the study, which has been published in Nature, has concluded that culling badgers will not ...
- Another increase in animal experiments: Government tries to airbrush GM animal suffering June 7, 1921The number of experiments conducted in British laboratories in 2013 was the highest in nearly 30 years, according to government statistics published today. The total of 4.12 million ‘procedures’ exceeded the 2012 figure by 11,600. The use o...
- Appeal for common sense from new Environment Minister June 7, 1926Owen Paterson’s time as Environment Minister was dominated by tribal allegiances to the farming and pro-hunting, pro-shooting countryside fraternity, which resulted in irrational and highly damaging policies, such as the disastrous badger cull. B...
- http://t.co/IRyapyZfjh 1 week ago
- Is This Polar Bear the World's Saddest Animal? takepart.com/article/2014/0… via @TakePart 1 week ago
- I'm giving away free Compact Camera @ bit.ly/1mWnFhs 1 week ago
- RT @BabyAnimals123: escaping with his new treasure http://t.co/ih0TCTTF0D 1 week ago
- RT @Eims4gsds: Dog who was tied to a fence perished in the heat examiner.com/article/dog-wh… via @examinercom 1 week ago
- RT @JulieStaffysi: Hunt for sick thug who hanged #dog by its lead and left it to die #Leeds bit.ly/1jyo36a 1 week ago
- RT @CoveMovie_OPS: What SeaWorld Doesn’t Want You to Know! The Scoop on Life After Captivity for Dolphins fb.me/1gEaYCEFI 2 weeks ago
- RT @theblackfishorg: Did you notice we launched new training courses? Check out which one is perfect for you! bit.ly/1rTszP8 http:/… 2 weeks ago
Please answer poll
Site Posts Calendar
Oxford Indymedia Events
No upcoming events
Climate Change Events
- AOGS 11th Annual Meeting July 28, 2014 – August 2, 2014 Sapporo, Japan
- COSPAR General Assembly 2014 - COSMOS August 2, 2014 – August 11, 2014 Moscow, Russia
- Tephra 2014 - Maximizing the potential of tephra for multidiscipli nary science August 3, 2014 – August 8, 2014 Portland, Oregon, USA
- 3rd Young Earth Scientists Congress August 11, 2014 – August 15, 2014 Dar es Salam, Tanzania
- 25th Colloquium of African Geology (CAG25) August 14, 2014 – August 17, 2014 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- ARPEL Workshop on Business and Human Rights August 6, 2014 at 8:00 am – August 7, 2014 at 4:00 pm , Río de Janeiro,, Brazil
- World Water Week 2014 August 30, 2014 at 11:00 pm – September 4, 2014 at 11:00 pm Stockholmsmässan, Stockholm, Sweden
- Seminar on oil spill response science and technology September 2, 2014 at 7:30 am – September 3, 2014 at 5:30 pm , Yantai, China
- Training course for level 1 commanders of oil spill response September 4, 2014 at 7:00 am – September 5, 2014 at 5:00 pm , Yantai, China
- The SPE African HSE Conference and Exhibition 2014 September 15, 2014 at 8:15 am – September 17, 2014 at 4:15 pm , Maputo, Mozambique
- African Regional Forum on Business and Human Rights September 16, 2014 at 8:00 am – September 18, 2014 at 4:00 pm , Addis Ababa, Ethiopia