DEEP Officers Who Helped At Sandy Hook Among Those To Be Honored
Originally posted on CBS Connecticut:
MERIDEN, Conn. (AP) _ Connecticut officials will be honoring the good work of state environmental conservation police officers.
The Department of Energy and Environmental Protection has scheduled an awards ceremony for 6 p.m. at the Connecticut State Police Museum in Meriden.
Department Commissioner Daniel Esty says awards will be given this year to 11 environmental conservation officers who responded to the shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown in December. A gunman killed 20 first-graders, six adults and himself at the school, after shooting his mother to death at their home.
- Major worldwide companies failing to address water scarcity October 18, 2012The majority of the world's largest companies lack a long-term water strategy, according to a report from the professional services company KPMG.
- Water bills could quadruple for Irish businesses October 17, 2012The price of water would quadruple in Ireland if European trends are applied, according to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and it is therefore crucial that businesses tackle water efficiency.
- Sustainable businesses need 'transparent dialogue with stakeholders' October 12, 2012Feedback and the views from stakeholders must be accounted for when businesses develop their sustainability strategies, says Asia Pulp & Paper's (APP) sustainability manager.
- Audi powers up with biofuels from wastewater October 10, 2012Audi is pioneering the development of eco-fuels from wastewater which will offer sustainable alternatives to petrol and diesel.
- PUMA costs out environmental 'calories' of its products October 9, 2012PUMA has scaled up its environmental profit and loss (EP&L) reporting to a product level, effectively putting a carbon 'price tag' on the shoes and clothing it produces.
- Robotic recycling firm set for high powered growth September 27, 2012ZenRobotics has secured €13m in investment funding to grow and commercialise its robotic waste recycling system, following the sale of its first ZenRobotics Recycler in a deal worth €1m.
- The week in wildlife March 7, 2014Siberian tiger, cheetah cubs and the first magnolia and wild flowers of the spring are among the pick of this week's images from the natural world
- Surviving pollution while pregnant March 7, 2014Yuan Ren: Living in Beijing's 'airpocalypse', expectant mother Xiaoxia Liu swears by her respirator – and is keeping the windows shutYuan RenYuan Ren
- UK launches bee protection plan March 6, 2014The good news: ministers have produced a draft National Pollinator Strategy. The bad news: it asks the makers of bee-harming pesticides to mark their own homeworkDamian CarringtonDamian Carrington
- Ex-UN climate chief: 'Focus on low carbon tech' March 7, 2014Quarrels over science and policy are undermining the fight against climate changeEfforts to tackle climate change must urgently focus on implementing low carbon technologies such as wind and solar power rather than discussions of the science and quarrels over policy, the former United Nations climate chief has said.Yvo de Boer headed the UN Framework Convent […]Fiona Harvey
- Woodlands suffer worst damage in 20 years March 7, 2014Woodlands have suffered worst damage for more than two decades, says National Trust
- Alex Salmond demands apology over submarine radiation leak in Scotland March 9, 2014First minister says UK government 'disrespected' Scottish ministers by failing to reveal problem at Dounreay test siteAlex Salmond has demanded an apology from David Cameron for failing to tell Scottish ministers about a radiation problem at a nuclear submarine test reactor.The first minister said the UK government had "disrespected" Holy […]
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- ancient mint found in haryana1000 yeatr old pratihara mint in haryana found
- ALF Activists Jailed in 1980s Appealing Convictions Due to Police InvolvementAndrew Clarke and Geoff Sheppard were convicted of planting incendiary devices at Debenhams stores in Romford and Luton in 1987. An undercover police officer allegedly planted a third device at a branch in Harrow to help convict the men.
- Wave of UK protests to mark anniversary of Fukuhima disasterOpponents of nuclear power will be converging all over the UK to mark the third anniversary of the ongoing Fukushima disaster - and to highlight the precarious state of Britain’s own nuclear reactors.
- Killing HopeU.S. Military and CIA Interventions Since World War II ...... Is the United States a force for democracy? In this classic and unique volume that answers this question, William Blum serves up a forensic overview of U.S. foreign policy spanning sixty years. For those who want the details on our most famous actions (Chile, Cuba, Vietnam, to name a few), and for […]
- indian heritage onlineindian heritage in the virtual world
- Why Cheltenham Racecourse is the most lethal in Britain: A major new Animal Aid analysis February 5, 1914Crowded races, long distances to run, the use in demanding events of novice horses, stiff fences and challenging racing ground … these are key factors that lead to more horses being killed at Cheltenham Racecourse than at any other track in Brit...
- Animal Aid to take action against cruel Cambridge experiments February 6, 1915Animal Aid will be joined by Cambridge activists this Thursday (March 6) as it steps up the pressure against cruel animal experiments performed at the city’s university. The day of peaceful protest will feature Animal Aid’s ‘battle bu...
- Eating animal protein is linked to early death and cancer February 6, 1916New research published in the journal Cell Metabolism shows that eating high levels of protein from animal sources – such as meat, milk and eggs – increases the risk of death from cancer by four times and the overall risk of early ...
- Cambridge anti-vivisection protests make powerful impact February 5, 1918Our two days of action against animal experiments at Cambridge University have had a powerful impact, with excellent public engagement and strong local media coverage. The peaceful protests were supported by local campaign group Animal Rights Cambridge...
- ASA's 'perverse' ruling on anti-vivisection ad January 8, 1922Animal Aid has pledged to campaign more robustly than ever against the large-scale suffering involved in the breeding and use, in biomedical experiments, of genetically modified mice. The undertaking comes in response to a decision by the Advertising S...
- Albania’s Hunting Ban: Birds and Mammals Get a Two-Year Break wp.me/pPEwS-2d7 5 days ago
- Love for rhinos on World Wildlife Day wp.me/pPEwS-2d5 5 days ago
- My new bike, well not quite new, 1988. Love old things. http://t.co/reR78N7q59 6 days ago
- Wild Beavers Seen In England For First Time wp.me/pPEwS-2d4 6 days ago
- BORN TO DIE in a UK laboratory wp.me/pPEwS-2d2 6 days ago
- Tesco’s dodgy tuna wp.me/pPEwS-2d0 6 days ago
- Badger cull cruel and ineffective wp.me/pPEwS-2cY 6 days ago
- I liked a @YouTube video youtu.be/z0ish567ZgU?a Rat Rod Jeep Death-Wish Trip! - Roadkill Episode 15 1 week ago
Please answer poll
Site Posts Calendar
Oxford Indymedia Events
No upcoming events
Climate Change Events
- 9th EGU Alexander von Humboldt International Conference on High Im pact Natural Hazards Related to the Euro-Mediterranean Region March 24, 2014 – March 29, 2014 Istanbul, Turkey
- Wave Interaction - 2014 April 23, 2014 – April 27, 2014 Linz, Austria
- Operational Techniques in Volcanic Hazard Assessment April 24, 2014 – April 26, 2014 Vienna, Austria
- EGU General Assembly 2014 April 27, 2014 – May 3, 2014 Vienna, Austria
- JpGU Meeting 2014 April 28, 2014 – May 3, 2014 Yokohama, Japan
- Webinar: The Marine Geospatial Bibliography (1 of 2) March 10, 2014 at 9:00 am – 10:00 am , , United Kingdom
- Webinar: The Marine Geospatial Bibliography (2 of 2) March 10, 2014 at 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm , , United Kingdom
- CSR Asia: Business and Human Rights training course March 14, 2014 at 9:00 am – March 17, 2014 at 4:00 pm , Bangkok, Thailand
- The Future Now: Search and Mapping in the Energy Industry March 14, 2014 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Millenium Copthorne, Aberdeen, United Kingdom
- 2014 SPE International Conference on HSE in Oil and Gas E&P March 17, 2014 at 9:00 am – March 19, 2014 at 5:00 pm Long Beach Convention & Entertainment Center, Long Beach, California, United n States
- Health Committee Meeting March 20, 2014 at 8:30 am – 5:30 pm Renaissance Long Beach Hotel, Long Beach, California, United States