I Was Made Erect and Lone
- Major worldwide companies failing to address water scarcity October 18, 2012The majority of the world's largest companies lack a long-term water strategy, according to a report from the professional services company KPMG.
- Water bills could quadruple for Irish businesses October 17, 2012The price of water would quadruple in Ireland if European trends are applied, according to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and it is therefore crucial that businesses tackle water efficiency.
- Sustainable businesses need 'transparent dialogue with stakeholders' October 12, 2012Feedback and the views from stakeholders must be accounted for when businesses develop their sustainability strategies, says Asia Pulp & Paper's (APP) sustainability manager.
- Audi powers up with biofuels from wastewater October 10, 2012Audi is pioneering the development of eco-fuels from wastewater which will offer sustainable alternatives to petrol and diesel.
- PUMA costs out environmental 'calories' of its products October 9, 2012PUMA has scaled up its environmental profit and loss (EP&L) reporting to a product level, effectively putting a carbon 'price tag' on the shoes and clothing it produces.
- Robotic recycling firm set for high powered growth September 27, 2012ZenRobotics has secured €13m in investment funding to grow and commercialise its robotic waste recycling system, following the sale of its first ZenRobotics Recycler in a deal worth €1m.
- Pioneering $5bn project tests 'clean coal' technology March 12, 2014A $5bn facility to capture carbon and pump it underground could provide a lifeline for the dirtiest of fossil fuels, but many remain unconvincedThe massive block of steel towers and pipes rises out of the morning fog like a sci-fi fantasy. But this coal-fired power plant could help save the climate, or at least that's the hope of the Obama administratio […]Suzanne Goldenberg
- Nine Chinese cities suffered more than Beijing March 12, 2014Pollution widespread and affected millions more than previously thought, 2013 data showsPhotographs of a smog-wreathed Tiananmen Square and the iconic headquarters of China Central Television dominated reports of Chinese pollution last year, but analysis shows nine other Chinese cities suffered more days of severe smog than the capital in 2013.The worst was […]Adam Vaughan
- Russian firm in talks over UK station March 11, 2014Rosatom meeting Whitehall officials but experts say a Russian VVER reactor is unlikely to open in UK for at least 10 yearsBritain is in talks with the Russian state nuclear company about building a nuclear power station in the UK, an official said on Tuesday.Hergen Haye, head of new nuclear development at the Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC), t […]Rob Edwards
- Live salmon imports plan due to drought March 11, 2014Wildlife officials weigh plan to transport fish from state's biggest hatchery to sea rather than risk mass deaths during migration
- Bird-killing vet drug alarms conservationists March 11, 2014A notorious veterinary drug that killed millions of vultures in India is now on sale in EuropeAdam WelzAdam Welz
- Russian nuclear power in the UK? We might want to think about that | Terry Macalister March 12, 2014We should beware Russia's politicisation of gas supplies to Ukraine as we contemplate a deal with it to build an atomic plant in BritainClearly there is something jarring about the Department of Energy and Climate Change (Decc) boasting about its positive negotiations with the Russians over building a nuclear power station in Britain just as a summit is […]Terry Macalister
- News: Parliamentary debate stresses urgency of air pollution issues March 12, 2014Air pollution was debated today at Holyrood, following Friends of the Earth’s analysis of air quality monitoring which showed that many streets in Scotland are in breach of Scottish air quality standards. Commenting on the debate, Air Pollution Campaigner at Friends of the Earth Scotland, Emilia Hanna said, Share buttons: Display Facebook and Twitter share […]
- News: Proposals to remove MOD immunity welcomed March 11, 2014Richard Lochhead MSP, Cabinet Secretary for Rural Affairs and Environment, has proposed removing crown immunity from MOD properties, this would make the Ministry of Defence accountable for all environmental impacts at their sites. Share buttons: Display Facebook and Twitter share buttons read more […]
- Resources: FoES Parliamentary Briefing on Unconventional Gas and Fracking March 11, 2014Friends of the Earth Scotland Parliamentary briefing on unconventional gas and fracking ahead of the debate on National Planning Framework 3 and Scottish Planing Policy. read more
- Resources: FoES Parliamentary Briefing on Air Pollution March 11, 2014Friends of the Earth Scotland briefing on Air Pollution ahead of Parliamentary debate, 12 March 2014. Air pollution remains Scotland’s greatest environmental health threat, and EU and Scottish legal standards on air quality are failing to be upheld.read more
- Events: 2014 Matters: Scotland's Place in Building a Just World March 10, 2014Location: Augustine United Church, 41 George IV Bridge, Edinburgh, EH1 1EL Date: 30 April 2014 - 6:30pm - 9:00pm Map link: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/41+George+IV+Bridgefirstname.lastname@example.org,-3.1912495,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x4887c7852a77cfc3:0x238940fac4004c00 This year, Scotland will vote on whether or not to become an independent country. What imp […]
- Fight the Frack: Protest this Sunday at Farndon, near Wrexham & ChesterDart Energy are right now drilling a well in Farndon, near Chester. Communities in the area are mobilising and they need YOUR help! FIGHT THE FRACK! is an opportunity to head Dart Energy of at the pass. They are drilling in Farndon (Mill House Lane - CH3 6NF) and have 3 additional sites ready to be drilled in the Cheshire/Wrexham area and one in Nottinghamsh […]
- New Unionism 2014: a conference for activists, 29 March, LondonHow do we defend ourselves against the bosses' attacks, rebuild working-class power and transform the labour movement to change the world? A one day activist conference, sponsored by organisations including Workers' Liberty, IWGB University of London, Lambeth Activists, PCS Independent Left and Ruskin College UCU
- Remember Fukushima London demo, Saturday 15 March 2014Remember Fukushima Demo, London, Sat. 15 March 2014
- Gordon Brown to the rescuemore waffle from the former great leader
- Injustice against the women of IraqThe Iraqi women protesting in Baghdad over the Jaafari personal status draft law, which the cabinet approved, are linked to our situation as individuals in general and women in particular.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Albania’s Hunting Ban: Birds and Mammals Get a Two-Year Break wp.me/pPEwS-2d7 1 week ago
- Love for rhinos on World Wildlife Day wp.me/pPEwS-2d5 1 week ago
- My new bike, well not quite new, 1988. Love old things. http://t.co/reR78N7q59 1 week ago
- Wild Beavers Seen In England For First Time wp.me/pPEwS-2d4 1 week ago
- BORN TO DIE in a UK laboratory wp.me/pPEwS-2d2 1 week ago
- Tesco’s dodgy tuna wp.me/pPEwS-2d0 1 week ago
- Badger cull cruel and ineffective wp.me/pPEwS-2cY 1 week ago
- I liked a @YouTube video youtu.be/z0ish567ZgU?a Rat Rod Jeep Death-Wish Trip! - Roadkill Episode 15 1 week ago
Please answer poll
Site Posts Calendar
Oxford Indymedia Events
No upcoming events
Climate Change Events
- 9th EGU Alexander von Humboldt International Conference on High Im pact Natural Hazards Related to the Euro-Mediterranean Region March 24, 2014 – March 29, 2014 Istanbul, Turkey
- Wave Interaction - 2014 April 23, 2014 – April 27, 2014 Linz, Austria
- Operational Techniques in Volcanic Hazard Assessment April 24, 2014 – April 26, 2014 Vienna, Austria
- EGU General Assembly 2014 April 27, 2014 – May 3, 2014 Vienna, Austria
- JpGU Meeting 2014 April 28, 2014 – May 3, 2014 Yokohama, Japan
- CSR Asia: Business and Human Rights training course March 14, 2014 at 9:00 am – March 17, 2014 at 4:00 pm , Bangkok, Thailand
- The Future Now: Search and Mapping in the Energy Industry March 14, 2014 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Millenium Copthorne, Aberdeen, United Kingdom
- 2014 SPE International Conference on HSE in Oil and Gas E&P March 17, 2014 at 9:00 am – March 19, 2014 at 5:00 pm Long Beach Convention & Entertainment Center, Long Beach, California, United n States
- Health Committee Meeting March 20, 2014 at 8:30 am – 5:30 pm Renaissance Long Beach Hotel, Long Beach, California, United States
- ARA WEEK 2014 March 24, 2014 at 9:00 am – March 28, 2014 at 9:00 am Four Seasons Hotel, Marrakech, Morocco
- LATINVE&P Forum and Exposition March 26, 2014 at 8:30 am – March 28, 2014 at 5:30 pm , Lima, Peru