The naming of this blog was “Inspirational Photography”, a term I used, not as a way of making this blog sound as coming from a professional photographer as i am a political activist like yourself, that uses images and the pen to try to inspire others, a gorilla activist so to speak. “Inspirational Photography” is therefore basically as it say’s, photography of social events that are meant to inspire you to get up off your backside and do something positive yourself to help yourself your community and others.
I have, as you can see, changed my blog title to “Time for Action”. This decision wasn’t taken lightly and was due to people using my blog title as a purchased title for their own websites. This was a hinderance for anyone that searched for my blog. Anyway, it was time for a change, a Time for Action, taking protest to the next level. I have linked my blog to my facebook and twitter accounts. I also have a facebook group under the same name. Feel free to post images on my group page.
It is easy to find reasons why nothing will ever change for the better. And, if we listened only to the insistent voices of sceptics, they would no doubt be proven right; after all, if no-one presses for change, change is unlikely to happen on its own. Small acts of resistance within every community can make a differance. And those who beleive in change have helped change the world – again and again. Therefore you too can make a differance.
“…..hard times and mountains we must climb before the fight for freedom will be won” – The Rising Son
- UN Climate Summit: World leaders under pressure to deliver September 23, 2014Ahead of today's Climate Summit, environmental activist groups have been making headlines with bold statements about the future of the planet.
- UN Climate Summit: The bold pledges business leaders want to see September 22, 2014Ahead of the UN Climate Summit in New York, environmental lobby organisation The Aldersgate Group gathered industry executives to find out what bold pledges they believe would close the emissions gap.
- Formula E: Six sustainability facts about all-electric motorsport September 22, 2014The world's first fully-electric race series - Formula E- got underway this weekend in Beijiing. But just how 'sustainable' has the sport become?
- Finnair flies to Climate Summit using recycled cooking oil September 22, 2014Finnish airline Finnair will operate a demonstration flight from Helsinki to New York with an Airbus A330 that uses sustainable biofuel.
- Record CO2 emissions 'committing world to dangerous climate change' September 22, 2014Global greenhouse gas emissions on course to reach record high of over 40bn tonnes in 2014, study in Nature Geoscience says.
- Virgin Media falling short of carbon reduction targets September 19, 2014Virgin Media's total carbon emissions have risen by 2.6% since 2007, leaving the communications giant a long way from reaching its 2015 goal of a 15% reduction.
- The week in wildlife in pictures September 19, 2014Wild elephants of India, panther chameleons and raccoon dogs are among the pick of this weeks images from the natural world Continue reading...Guardian Staff
- 'Why we're going on the biggest climate march in history' September 19, 2014From Ban ki-moon to Emma Thompson, 20 leading personalities from across the world talk about why they will take to the streets on Sunday to call for action on climate as world leaders gather for UN climate summit in New York on 23 September If youre taking part in the march share your photos and stories via GuardianWitness Continue reading...Damian Carrington, Suzanne Goldenberg, Fiona Harvey, Arthur Neslen, Adam Vaughan and John Vidal
- Rewilding Britain: bringing wolves, bears and beavers back to the land September 19, 2014Introducing extinct species to the landscape is called rewilding and advocates enthuse about the benefits. But opponents fear the impact could be devastating Rewilding made simple, an animated guide Continue reading...Adam Vaughan
- Campaigners join London march for global action on climate change September 19, 2014March in London this weekend one of 2,000 events worldwide calling for action by leadersWhy we're marching: leading personalities on calling for action Continue reading...Press Association
- East Yorkshire gas-drilling site making locals sick from noxious smells September 19, 2014Oil company denies fracking operation at exploratory well saying its looking at natural gas not shale Continue reading...John Vidal
- Flood Wall Street climate change protest holds ground in lower Manhattan live September 22, 2014Hundreds of marchers flood financial districtProtest follows rally of hundreds of thousands on SundayNew climate deal push will not repeat Copenhagen mistakesUS will not commit to climate change aid for poor nationsHeirs to Rockefeller oil fortune divest from fossil fuelsRead the latest blog summary Continue reading...Tom McCarthy in New York
- Dance For The Climate November 11, 2009In August 2009 over 10.000 people danced for the climate on the Ostend Beach in Belgium. By joining this global movement and adding your own dance video to this site, you make your own statement that we have to act now on climate change. read more
- News teaser September 29, 2009Contact the Friends of the Earth Scotland media office: During working hours: 0131 243 2719 Out of hours: 0131 243 2715 Go to the blog Share buttons: No buttons
- Our Successes August 11, 2009Our campaigns get noticed and without us Scotland would not have many of the environmental successes we have today. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Our Purpose August 11, 2009We are the leading organisation in Scotland that is working for environmental justice, campaigning for the planet and its people. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- About Us August 11, 2009We are a campaigning organisation that appeals to all walks of life with a shared vision of a better place to live. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Mass Lobby of British Parliament for PalestineSome photos from the Mass Lobby for Palestine of the Westminster Parliament on Tuesday September 9th 2014.
- Human Extinction? Not so muchThe case against going extinct soon due to extreme climate change & human impacts. Science journalist Scott K. Johnson and counter-culture podcaster KMO. Radio Ecoshock 140917
- After Cameron's lies on Scotland, is there a Society left?After Cameron's lies on Scotland, is there a Society left?
- UG#692 - The European Deep State Post WW2 (NATO's Secret Armies)This time we focus on a seminal event in the evolution of European deep state groups, the NATO-backed "stay behind network" which first broke the surface in Italy (as Operation Gladio) but which was a factor in most if not all Western European countries after WW2. Daniele Ganser's particular focus is the role of Gladio in Spain. Our second spe […]
- Referendum night in George Square, Glasgow September 18/19 2014This is a detailed 3,000 word account of the results of the Scottish referendum on Independence with the party held by the Yes campaign in Scotland's largest city used as a backdrop. There are 20 photos included.
- Environmental impacts of animal farming spark continued controversy August 8, 1913New research published by Cambridge and Aberdeen universities has provided further evidence of the massive and growing environmental impacts of farming animals for food, sparking more debate on the issue. The new report states that worldwide ...
- Take action against battery cages for 'gamebirds' August 9, 1915The focus of this year’s National Anti-Shooting Week (22 - 28 September) is our campaign to ban the battery cages that are used to incarcerate breeding pheasants and partridges. We view the abolition of these contraptions –...
- The Inglorious Twelfth July 9, 1923Please take action now to curb out-of-control grouse shoot owners. August 12th – the so-called Glorious ...
- BBC documentary reveals health impacts of meat July 8, 1930Despite trying to remain impartial throughout, the first part of the BBC’s documentary ‘Horizon: Should I Eat Meat?’ (18 August) showed in no uncertain terms that current meat consumption levels in the UK are unhealthy, especially tho...
- United Utilities Calls off the Cull! August 8, 1930Campaign by Bird Lover and Animal Aid Successful When bird lover David Kennedy discovered that Canada geese were being shot at Lingley Mere – a lake owned by Warrington-based United Utilities – he felt he had to speak out. David...
- Animal Cruelty – Now a Statistic wp.me/pPEwS-2jQ 1 day ago
- Urge French Connection Not to Resume Selling Angora wp.me/pPEwS-2jO 1 day ago
- Hispanic celebrities support PETA wp.me/pPEwS-2jL 1 day ago
- First Dolphins Are Killed at the Cove as Japanese Hunt Begins wp.me/pPEwS-2jK 1 day ago
- Passionate and Impartial? wp.me/pPEwS-2jF 1 day ago
- I'm giving away free Light brown carpet @ bit.ly/1uLsQSt 1 week ago
- Coal and the power companies wp.me/pPEwS-2jE 1 week ago
- I liked a @YouTube video youtu.be/3iM9Xl0a7cU?a Glasgow Rangers - Penny Arcade 1 week ago
Please answer poll
Site Posts Calendar
Oxford Indymedia Events
No upcoming events
Climate Change Events
- Autumn School: Data Assimilation in Biogeochemical Cycles September 20, 2014 – September 28, 2014 Trieste, Italy
- GeoFrankfurt 2014 September 21, 2014 – September 25, 2014 Frankfurt, Germany
- ELS 2014 - the Earth Living Skin: Soil, Life and Climate Changes September 21, 2014 – September 26, 2014 Nova Yardinia, Castellaneta Marina (TA), Italy
- Thunderstorms and Elementary Particle Acceleration (TEPA-2014) September 22, 2014 – September 27, 2014 Byurakan, Armenia
- XII Congress of the Croatian Society of Soil Science September 22, 2014 – September 27, 2014 Dubrovnik, Croatia
- 7th edition of the Middle East Health, Safety, Environment and Sustainable n Development Conference September 21, 2014 at 11:00 pm – September 23, 2014 at 11:00 pm Qatar National Convention Centre, , Qatar
- United Nations World Conference on Indigenous Peoples September 22, 2014 at 8:00 am – September 23, 2014 at 4:00 pm , New York, United States
- SPE Middle East Health, Safety, Environment & Sustainable Development n Conference & Exhibition September 22, 2014 at 8:00 am – September 24, 2014 at 4:00 pm Qatar National Convention Centre, Doha, Qatar
- United Nations Climate Summit 2014 September 23, 2014 at 7:30 am – 6:30 pm UN Headquarters, New York, United States
- IPCC Fifth Assessment Report business engagement workshop September 24, 2014 at 6:00 pm – 4:00 pm JW Marriott Washington DC, Washington DC, United States
- Convention on Biological Diversity COP-12 October 5, 2014 at 11:00 pm – October 16, 2014 at 11:00 pm , Pyeongchang, Korea (South)