The naming of this blog was “Inspirational Photography”, a term I used, not as a way of making this blog sound as coming from a professional photographer as i am a political activist like yourself, that uses images and the pen to try to inspire others, a gorilla activist so to speak. “Inspirational Photography” is therefore basically as it say’s, photography of social events that are meant to inspire you to get up off your backside and do something positive yourself to help yourself your community and others.
I have, as you can see, changed my blog title to “Time for Action”. This decision wasn’t taken lightly and was due to people using my blog title as a purchased title for their own websites. This was a hinderance for anyone that searched for my blog. Anyway, it was time for a change, a Time for Action, taking protest to the next level. I have linked my blog to my facebook and twitter accounts. I also have a facebook group under the same name. Feel free to post images on my group page.
It is easy to find reasons why nothing will ever change for the better. And, if we listened only to the insistent voices of sceptics, they would no doubt be proven right; after all, if no-one presses for change, change is unlikely to happen on its own. Small acts of resistance within every community can make a differance. And those who beleive in change have helped change the world – again and again. Therefore you too can make a differance.
“…..hard times and mountains we must climb before the fight for freedom will be won” – The Rising Son
- Global wind power to hit 2000GW by 2030 October 21, 2014The UK's recent surge in wind power output appears to be reflective of a global trend, with new analysis estimating that global wind-generated energy could supply up to 20% of the world's electricity by 2030.
- Good, better, best: Whole Foods launches rating system for environmental impact of produce October 17, 2014Whole Foods Market has introduced the Responsibly Grown produce rating system which assesses the impact of farming practices on the environment and human health.
- FCC Environmental US division sold for €70m October 17, 2014Leading waste management firm FCC Environmental has today (17 October) announced it is selling its division in the US to cleaning and waste management firm Heritage-Crystal Clean.
- Sustainability stats: The week in numbers (17/10/14) October 17, 2014What great data did we see in the past seven days? In the third edition of a new series, edie takes a look-back at some of the fascinating figures from the worlds of energy, waste and water.
- Profit or planet? Global index reveals economic benefits of sustainable business October 15, 2014A new study has revealed that carbon-conscious companies are proving to be more profitable than their more polluting rivals.
- Businesses 'must close the skills gap' to survive sustainable economy October 15, 2014A mere 13% of businesses are confident they have the skills to successfully compete in a sustainable economy, according to a new survey by the Institute of Environmental Management & Assessment (IEMA).
- John West and Princes accused of backtracking on tuna commitments October 21, 2014Leaked documents show UKs two biggest tuna brands are likely to delay or opt out of commitments to end FAD fishing methods that cause harmful bycatch of sharks, rays and turtles Continue reading...Rebecca Smithers
- Are solar farms really hitting British food production? October 21, 2014Environment secretary Liz Truss has cut solar farms subsidies saying they harm food production, but most UK solar farms successfully produce food as well. Karl Mathiesen investigates.Let us know your thoughts. Post in the comments below, follow Karl Mathiesens Facebook page, email firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet@karlmathiesen Continue readin […]Karl Mathiesen
- Former Environment Agency head to lead industry-funded fracking task force October 21, 2014Lord Chris Smith will lead a new independent task force, funded by shale gas companies, to look into the risks and benefits of fracking in the UK Continue reading...Damian Carrington
- Prozac may be harming bird populations, study suggests October 21, 2014Starlings who were fed same levels of antidepressant drug found in sewage earthworms suffered loss of libido and appetite Continue reading...Press Association
- EEA photography competition 2014 shortlist in pictures October 21, 2014A golden eagle in flight, a tiny frog sitting in a flower and an icy stream in a beech forest are among the 48 pictures shortlisted from 34 countries by the European Environment Agency for its Environment and Me competition. A public vote, open till 15 November, will decide the 500 Peoples Choice award. Winners in other categories will be adjudged by a panel […]Guardian Staff
- Suspicious death of rare Tasmanian devil prompts zoo investigation October 21, 2014New Mexico zoo increases security and offers $5,000 reward for information on death of endangered marsupial named Jaspar Continue reading...Associated Press in New Mexico
- Better Banks January 23, 2013Short title: Better Banks We're on our way to a better financial system. Find out how you can help us make better banks. Background image:
- Dance For The Climate November 11, 2009In August 2009 over 10.000 people danced for the climate on the Ostend Beach in Belgium. By joining this global movement and adding your own dance video to this site, you make your own statement that we have to act now on climate change. read more
- News teaser September 29, 2009Contact the Friends of the Earth Scotland media office: During working hours: 0131 243 2719 Out of hours: 0131 243 2715 Go to the blog Share buttons: No buttons
- Our Successes August 11, 2009Our campaigns get noticed and without us Scotland would not have many of the environmental successes we have today. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Our Purpose August 11, 2009We are the leading organisation in Scotland that is working for environmental justice, campaigning for the planet and its people. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Mass callout everyone to Parliament Square this Friday!Defend the right to protest. This is a mass callout for everyone to gather at Parliament Square this Friday at 5pm to defend the right to protest. Over the past few days occupy protesters have been harassed, arrested and attacked by police! So be there this Friday from 5pm and on Saturday too the last day of the protest to show the authorities that we will n […]
- Fatal encounter: Jennifer Laude meets US Marine CorpsPHILIPPINES: As I peered at Jennifer Laude’s serene face in the open casket, I saw the wound on her forehead that was barely concealed by the mortician’s make up. I did not see the bruises on her neck and shoulders, but a person familiar with the autopsy said they were severe.
- Turkey : Armed Manifestation In Support Of KobaneArmed militants appeared on the streets of Diyarbakır, Southeastern Turkey tonight (20/10/2014) in a demonstration of combative solidarity with Kobane and in complete defiance of the fascist Turkish government.
- Protest at Green Investment Bank 2nd BirthdayBiofuelwatch, the London Biomassive and UKWIN will be protesting outside the Green Investment Bank's 2nd Birthday Celebrations at 5pm on Tuesday 29 October at 2 King Edward St, nr St Paul's, EC2A 1HQ. We will be targetting GIB's wilful, ongoing, investment in Big Biomass and Waste Incineration. See https://www.facebook.com/events/150105384347 […]
- War Against ISIS / Daesh : ColdHackers Hijack Turkish Regime FB AccountsOnce again the comrades from revolutionary Kurdish hacking collective ColdHackers have gone into action and attacked the online presence of the murderous and cowardly Turkish regime in solidarity with their YPG / YPJ brothers & sisters who are fighting for Rojava and the total liberation of Kobane.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- RT @taiji_ladm: LONDON AGAINST DOLPHIN MASSACRE NOV 7TH FOR THE BIGGEST PROTEST YET. PLS RT! facebook.com/events/1545547… @Sam10k @OrcaSOS http:… 4 days ago
- RT @SaveAnimalLives: Animal Testing: Why is human mankind doing such a nonsence? It is proven to be useless: tinyurl.com/bglfrzy 4 days ago
- Cages wp.me/pPEwS-2lt 4 days ago
- RT @Gifswd: مبدع 👍 pic.twitter.com/j20BGPK1xV 6 days ago
- Nestle monopoly of plants wp.me/pPEwS-2lr 6 days ago
- Lion Ark secures global distribution wp.me/pPEwS-2lp 1 week ago
- New rabbit investigation: help End the Cage Age wp.me/pPEwS-2l9 1 week ago
- NY Times on horse racing and bear hunting wp.me/pPEwS-2l7 1 week ago
Please answer poll
Site Posts Calendar
Oxford Indymedia Events
No upcoming events
Climate Change Events
- 2014 GSA Annual Meeting October 19, 2014 – October 23, 2014 Vancouver, Canada
- Réunion des Sciences de la Terre (Earth Sciences Meeting) October 27, 2014 – November 1, 2014 Pau, France
- ESA-SOLAS-EGU "Earth Observation for Ocean-Atmosphere Interactions Science 2014 - Responding to the new scientific challenges of SOLAS" October 28, 2014 – November 1, 2014 Frascati, Italy
- Training school "Earthquakes: nucleation, triggering, and relati onship with aseismic prcesses" November 3, 2014 – November 11, 2014 Cargèse, Corsica
- Lithosphere 2014 Symposium November 4, 2014 – November 7, 2014 Turku / Åbo, Finland
- Webinar - Energy and greenhouse gas efficiency compendium October 22, 2014 at 3:00 pm – 3:45 pm , , United Kingdom
- 40th Session of the IPCC October 27, 2014 at 12:00 am – October 31, 2014 at 12:00 am , Copenhagen, Denmark
- 10th Annual HSE Forum in Energy November 3, 2014 at 9:00 am – November 5, 2014 at 5:00 pm , Doha, Qatar
- IUCN World Parks Congress November 12, 2014 at 12:00 am – November 19, 2014 at 12:00 am , Sydney, Australia
- G20 Leaders Summit November 15, 2014 at 12:00 am – 12:00 am Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre, Brisbane, Australia
- Third United Nations Forum on Business and Human Rights December 1, 2014 at 9:00 am – December 3, 2014 at 5:00 pm Palais des Nations, Geneva, Switzerland