The naming of this blog was “Inspirational Photography”, a term I used, not as a way of making this blog sound as coming from a professional photographer as i am a political activist like yourself, that uses images and the pen to try to inspire others, a gorilla activist so to speak. “Inspirational Photography” is therefore basically as it say’s, photography of social events that are meant to inspire you to get up off your backside and do something positive yourself to help yourself your community and others.
I have, as you can see, changed my blog title to “Time for Action”. This decision wasn’t taken lightly and was due to people using my blog title as a purchased title for their own websites. This was a hinderance for anyone that searched for my blog. Anyway, it was time for a change, a Time for Action, taking protest to the next level. I have linked my blog to my facebook and twitter accounts. I also have a facebook group under the same name. Feel free to post images on my group page.
It is easy to find reasons why nothing will ever change for the better. And, if we listened only to the insistent voices of sceptics, they would no doubt be proven right; after all, if no-one presses for change, change is unlikely to happen on its own. Small acts of resistance within every community can make a differance. And those who beleive in change have helped change the world – again and again. Therefore you too can make a differance.
“…..hard times and mountains we must climb before the fight for freedom will be won” – The Rising Son
- Architects pledge to phase out carbon in the built environment by 2050 August 21, 2014Architects across the world have signed up to a global commitment to eliminate CO2 emissions in the built environment by 2050.
- Businesses wake up to financial benefits of sustainability August 21, 2014The advantages of running a strong corporate social responsibility (CSR) programme are becoming more tangible for businesses, with cost management emerging as the number one driver for firms looking to adopt more sustainable businesses practices.
- Volkswagen closes in on wastewater-free automotive production August 20, 2014Volkswagen Group is looking to make its production factories "wastewater-free" and has revealed that it is close to achieving this at a number of sites.
- McDonald's posts update on its global zero waste drive August 15, 2014McDonald's has revealed progress on waste minimisation across its global operations including a specific reverse logistics initiative in the UK where it is working to send zero waste to landfill.
- Big business increasingly being held to account on climate from shareholders August 15, 2014Twenty global corporations have set goals to cut GHG emissions and source sustainable palm oil to in response to 150 climate-related resolutions filed by their shareholders this year.
- PepsiCo set to launch soft drink made from cashew fruit waste August 14, 2014PepsiCo plans to create a new soft drink using what has traditionally been an agricultural waste product - juice obtained from cashew apples.
- The week in wildlife - in pictures August 22, 2014Hummingbirds, leopards, pangolins and sharks are among the pick of this weeks images from the natural world Continue reading...Guardian Staff
- Global warming slowdown answer lies in depths of Atlantic, study finds August 21, 2014Excess heat being stored hundreds of metres down in Atlantic and Southern oceans not Pacific as previously thought Continue reading...Adam Vaughan
- Animal activists vow to stop planned wild boar cull in Forest of Dean August 21, 2014Forestry Commission to shoot animals after explosion in numbers sparks debate on safety of region's residents Continue reading...Steven Morris
- Tasmania prepares to tear up forestry peace deal August 21, 2014Environmentalists say the move by the state government would open up 1.5m hectares of largely pristine forest to logging Continue reading...Oliver Milman
- Wild Nile: wildlife on the river Nile - in pictures August 21, 2014The river Nile has two major tributaries. The White Nile flows from Lake Victoria and the Blue Nile passes through Ethiopian marshlands. The two meet in Khartoum before the Nile flows to its delta and into the MediterraneanDestination Wild: Wild Nile is on Sundays at 6pm on Nat Geo WILD. All photographs by Harald Pokiesser/Terra Mater Factual Studios/NGC Con […]Guardian Staff
- We need to call out Abbott's climate nihilism August 22, 2014It's hard to pin down exactly what prime minister Tony Abbott really believes on climate change, but his policies could only have been developed by someone who believes global warming is a hoax. Continue reading...Alexander White
- Dance For The Climate November 11, 2009In August 2009 over 10.000 people danced for the climate on the Ostend Beach in Belgium. By joining this global movement and adding your own dance video to this site, you make your own statement that we have to act now on climate change. read more
- News teaser September 29, 2009Contact the Friends of the Earth Scotland media office: During working hours: 0131 243 2719 Out of hours: 0131 243 2715 Go to the blog Share buttons: No buttons
- Our Successes August 11, 2009Our campaigns get noticed and without us Scotland would not have many of the environmental successes we have today. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Our Purpose August 11, 2009We are the leading organisation in Scotland that is working for environmental justice, campaigning for the planet and its people. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- About Us August 11, 2009We are a campaigning organisation that appeals to all walks of life with a shared vision of a better place to live. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Docs aquired from Blackpool Chamber of Commerce OccupationDocuments acquired in an occupation of a Chaber of Commerce which may be of interest to environmental campaigners.
- Thomas Taw Sac BakimiSac uzmanindan oneriler
- Court Solidarity for Supporter of the Palestinian PeopleCome to Cardiff Magistrates court at 9.30 am with Palestinian and Anarchist banners, then at 10 am we will support the defendant in court.
- North's biggest ever vegan festivalAfter the very successful 1st Northern Vegan Festival in Manchester last year, which over 2500 people came to, a 2nd much bigger Festival takes place next month in Blackpool, before we move back to Manchester in 2015 for an even bigger event.
- Letter from Tel Aviv - Hilla Dayan and PW ZuidhofWhy do Israelis support a costly ground invasion of Gaza?
- Insensitivity of primate researchers exposed by government committee July 8, 1916The Animals in Science Committee (ASC), which is responsible for advising the government on vivisection, has rejected several elements of a deeply disturbing government-commissioned report that downplayed the suffering of primates used in neuroscience ...
- Royal Ascot Update: Death Toll Rises to Four July 8, 1918It has been announced today (7 August) that young filly Inchila has been destroyed after she was unable to recover from a fractured pelvis sustained during a race at Royal Ascot this year. This brings the 2014 Royal Meeting’s equine de...
- Two farmers prosecuted for neglecting animals July 8, 1918A farmer in Yorkshire has been jailed for 16 weeks after 350 dead and dying animals were discovered at his farm, whilst another farmer in Wales has had his animals seized after they were found to be neglected and underfed. James Linsley, who ...
- The Inglorious Twelfth July 9, 1923Please take action now to curb out-of-control grouse shoot owners. August 12th – the so-called Glorious ...
- BBC documentary reveals health impacts of meat July 8, 1930Despite trying to remain impartial throughout, the first part of the BBC’s documentary ‘Horizon: Should I Eat Meat?’ (18 August) showed in no uncertain terms that current meat consumption levels in the UK are unhealthy, especially tho...
- British secret policemen not prosecuted for sexually abusing women activists wp.me/pPEwS-2i9 3 hours ago
- China: Nine Tiger Traders Arrested By Chinese Police wp.me/pPEwS-2i8 3 hours ago
- South Africa: Police Officer Arrested For Rhino Poaching wp.me/pPEwS-2i7 3 hours ago
- Stop poaching African rhinos,@petition wp.me/pPEwS-2i6 3 hours ago
- Stop the Brutal Trade in Imperiled Animals wp.me/pPEwS-2i4 3 hours ago
- RT @wwwfoecouk: Look out for #bees by mint, sunflowers & heather this weekend: 9 days left of Great British #beecount! http://t.co/8M7AdpaK… 6 hours ago
- RT @KeithMannALF: youtube.com/watch?v=4KRD8e… 6 hours ago
- RT @ANIPAL_: causes.com/campaigns/8231… N SHARE PETITION. #OPFUNKILL http://t.co/2JBzGSJ6l9 6 hours ago
Please answer poll
Site Posts Calendar
Oxford Indymedia Events
- Our Jerusalem: Art work by Jordanian Children August 18, 2014 at 6:00 pm – September 12, 2014 at 6:00 pm Gallery Wall Oxford Central Library
Climate Change Events
- GRC Evolving Rock Structure: From Grain-Scale to Planet-Scale August 17, 2014 – August 23, 2014 Andover, USA
- 19th International Sedimentological Congress August 18, 2014 – August 23, 2014 Geneva, Switzerland
- 4th Atlantic Conjugate Margins Conference August 20, 2014 – August 23, 2014 St. John’s, NL Canada
- 22nd EM Induction Workshop Weimar, Germany 24 – 30 August 2014 August 24, 2014 – August 31, 2014 Weimar, Germany
- Short Course in Climate Extremes Analysis August 27, 2014 – August 30, 2014 Hannover, Germany
- World Water Week 2014 August 30, 2014 at 11:00 pm – September 4, 2014 at 11:00 pm Stockholmsmässan, Stockholm, Sweden
- Seminar on oil spill response science and technology September 2, 2014 at 7:30 am – September 3, 2014 at 5:30 pm , Yantai, China
- Training course for level 3 commanders of oil spill response September 4, 2014 at 7:00 am – September 5, 2014 at 5:00 pm , Yantai, China
- The SPE African HSE Conference and Exhibition 2014 September 15, 2014 at 8:15 am – September 17, 2014 at 4:15 pm , Maputo, Mozambique
- CSR Asia Summit 2014 September 16, 2014 at 8:00 am – September 17, 2014 at 4:00 pm Kowloon Shangri-La , , Hong Kong
- African Regional Forum on Business and Human Rights September 16, 2014 at 8:00 am – September 18, 2014 at 4:00 pm , Addis Ababa, Ethiopia