Glasgow March & Rally – 30th November – Protect Our Pensions
GLASGOW TRADE UNION COUNCIL
MARCH & RALLY – 30th NOVEMBER
Glasgow Trades Councill will be having a March & Rally on the
Day of Action, REMEMBER Wednesday 30th November.
The March will start in Shuttle Street (near High St Station) Gathering at 12noon and moving off at 12.30pm
The route will then be George Street,
Cochrane Street, George Square (South), Hanover Street,
Ingram Street, Glassford Street, Trongate and then finishing at
Speakers will start at 1.15.
- Tesla and Google lead the way in electric vehicle infrastructure push February 9, 2016Global innovators Tesla and Google have announced plans to accelerate the growth of commercial electric vehicles (EVs) by launching new schemes aimed at increasing the infrastructure options available to consumers.
- More than 600 Unilever sites reach zero waste to landfill status February 9, 2016Unilever has today (9 February) revealed that more than 600 of its sites across 70 countries have achieved zero waste to landfill status, after the company identified alternate routes for non-hazardous waste streams in its operations.
- World's largest investor: We want companies with long-term sustainability plan February 8, 2016The chief executive of the world's largest investment firm, Blackrock, has called for companies to build environmental, social and governance (ESG) management into their business models, calling it a sign of 'operational excellence'.
- Ireland's national stadium goes 100% renewable for Six Nations February 5, 2016Aviva stadium, home of the Ireland rugby team will be fully powered by renewable energy for the upcoming 2016 Six Nations tournament, becoming the first stadium in the competition to be so.
- Google and Ministry of Defence testing solar-powered drones February 4, 2016The world's skylines could soon be littered with high-altitude, autonomous, solar-powered drones after it was revealed that tech giant Google and the UK Ministry of Defence have acquired drones in efforts to boost communication methods.
- Easyjet's hybrid 'plane of the future' set for takeoff February 2, 2016The UK's largest airline has unveiled plans to develop a hybrid plane featuring a hydrogen fuel cell which could save around 50,000 tonnes of fuel a year.
- Lancashire council's fracking refusal was 'democracy in action' February 9, 2016County council defends its decision to reject energy firm’s planning application to drill for shale gas as public inquiry opensThe decision to refuse planning permission for fracking in Lancashire was “local democracy in action”, a barrister for Lancashire county council has said at the first day of a public inquiry into the decision.Lancashire county counci […]Frances Perraudin
- Investigators considering criminal charges in Flint water crisis February 9, 2016The scope of potential criminal charges that may be considered include misconduct in office and involuntary manslaughterThe state of Michigan’s inquiry into the Flint water crisis will consider any potential criminal conduct, including involuntary manslaughter, investigators said Tuesday.Michigan attorney general Bill Schuette and a team of investigators app […]Ryan Felton in Lansing, Michigan
- Female bamboo shark is due for 'virgin birth' at Sea Life centre February 9, 2016Female shark that has had no contact with males for more than two years produces two fertile eggsA female shark that has had no contact with males of its species for more than two years is due to give birth to two babies. The white-spotted bamboo shark arrived at Great Yarmouth Sea Life Centre in 2013, having been evacuated from the badly flooded sister cent […]Press Association
- 12 ways to mobilise the money needed to stop climate change February 9, 2016How do we finance the climate adaption needed to stop global temperatures rising above 1.5 degrees? Our panel of experts share their thoughtsHundreds of billions of dollars could be made available for climate finance by placing a small tax on financial transactions such as the trading of stocks and bonds. There’s a big Robin Hood Tax movement behind this, wi […]Rachel Banning-Lover
- Organic honey is a sweet success for Cuba as other bee populations suffer February 9, 2016When the Caribbean state was no longer able to afford pesticides – which have been linked with declining bee populations – it made a virtue out of a necessityLong known for its cigars and rum, Cuba has added organic honey to its list of key agricultural exports, creating a buzz among farmers as pesticide use has been linked to declining bee populations elsew […]Reuters in San Antonio de los Baños
- What would it look like if Davos and Burning Man had a baby? February 9, 2016Summit, an invite-only ideas conference, is setting up a permanent home on a mountain in Utah. But can it avoid being just another meet-up for Silicon Valley tech bros?Elliot Bisnow, the co-founder of Summit – which he calls an events community for people who are “passionate and nice and interested in doing something impactful” – said he never thought he’d b […]Heather Hansman
- Finance January 23, 2013Short title: Finance Our work is challenging Scottish finance to become more sustainable and democratic. Find out more. Background image:
- Dance For The Climate November 11, 2009In August 2009 over 10.000 people danced for the climate on the Ostend Beach in Belgium. By joining this global movement and adding your own dance video to this site, you make your own statement that we have to act now on climate change. read more
- News teaser September 29, 2009Contact the Friends of the Earth Scotland media office: During working hours: 0131 243 2719 Out of hours: 0131 243 2715 Go to the blog Share buttons: No buttons
- Our Successes August 11, 2009Our campaigns get noticed and without us Scotland would not have many of the environmental successes we have today. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Our Purpose August 11, 2009We are the leading organisation in Scotland that is working for environmental justice, campaigning for the planet and its people. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- We've got to defend the ZAD!The temperature is rising in the massive and long-running struggle against a new airport at Notre-Dame-des-Landes in France.
- CELEBRAZIONE FORZA DELLA LUCE NATO DALLA TERRARALLEGRATI PIENA DI GRAZIA INDOVINA CHI VIENE | 08.02.2016 15:59-59-59-..-..-..-..
- Tear Down the Walls Tour Liverpoolhttp://www.prisonabolition.org/tear-walls-tour-2/
- #PEGIDA #PUPPIES @slatukip #ANTIFA @JLRFB @bikeyjezmo @dubdanu @misscheeky666EDL members and their self-styled "Infidel" splinters remain oblivious to their emasculation. Whether Tommy "The Tit" Robinson was nobbled in jail, or exchanged a funny handshake with a well-spoken man in an Aston Martin, someone somewhere slipped the "cash whore" a good few quid to lead British nationalism down an evolutionary […]
- SCESAATTO LEGGE ATTO BOLLO DIO
- Press release: Company fined for illegal waste offences February 9, 2016The case was brought by the Environment Agency. Armabridge Ltd waste operates 2 businesses from separate sites in Torquay. They include a top soil supply business at Kerswell Garden Centre known as ‘Topsoil Torbay’ and a waste transfer station and skip business at Barton Hill Way trading as ‘Skip-it’. On 6 June 2014 Environment Agency officers found suspicio […]
- Press release: Flood advice for Skipton and Glusburn February 9, 2016Residents and business owners in Skipton and Glusburn will be offered advice over the next few weeks on how to prepare for floods. The Environment Agency is targeting properties in areas at risk of flooding along Eller Beck and Waller Beck in Skipton, as well as Eastburn Beck (Holme Beck) in Glusburn. Over 1,600 properties in Skipton and around 640 in Glusbu […]
- Press release: Weir removal delivers big improvement for local wildlife February 8, 2016Fish passage and habitat along the River Teise in Kent has been boosted thanks to a joint project by the Environment Agency, the South East Rivers Trust and the Kent High Weald Partnership. Harper’s Weir near Goudhurst has been removed in the £30,000 project, which was funded through Defra’s Catchment Partnership Action Fund. The project has been led by the […]
- Press release: People asked to stay safe as strong winds and large waves hit the southern coast February 8, 2016The impacts of Storm Imogen are expected to continue over southern parts of England today and into tomorrow. A combination of severe gale or storm force winds, high tides and heavy showers mean there is an increased coastal flood risk. Today, storm force winds have brought large waves and spray to the south-west and south of England, particularly the Devon a […]
- Press release: Environment Agency's Chief Executive visits Lincolnshire February 8, 2016Sir James Bevan, the Environment Agency’s chief executive, visited the Lincolnshire coast last week (Friday, 5 February) to see the work being done to reduce flood risk along the east coast and across the county. East coast inundation is one of the top risks facing the county, and Sir James took the opportunity to learn more about the Agency’s flood manageme […]
- I saved a @YouTube playlist youtube.com/playlist?list=… Bob Ross - The Joy 2 days ago
- I liked a @YouTube video youtu.be/XTaCoRM-HVo?a Abandoned Old Car Dealership Full Of Classics! 4 days ago
- I liked a @YouTube video youtu.be/M1RTCp3dcIo?a Inside the abandoned buildings under Lake Mead 4 days ago
- I liked a @YouTube video youtu.be/w7qEHd2XGIo?a Jenny Scordamaglia Twinkling Dress Bottom is Showing Clearly Awesome Show 4 days ago
- Ghost Rider 1 - The Final Ride youtu.be/jySqs1XJmLQ 1 week ago
- Check out my motorcycle Scotland events group on Facebook. Its the only place that centralises events in Scotland. 1 week ago
- RT @AnimalRRights: North Carolina Landowners Express Support for Recovery of Endan rightrelevance.com/search/article… via @endangered https://t.co/NmH… 1 week ago
- RT @Animal_Watch: The Spanish bullfighter who took his baby into the ring is facing investigation ind.pn/1OPOVKT @Independent http… 1 week ago
Please answer poll
Site Posts Calendar
Oxford Indymedia Events
- Oxford's Housing Nightmare March 9, 2016 at 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm St. Clement's Family Centre, Cross Street, Oxford, OX4 1DA
Climate Change Events
- Tectonics, Structural Geology and Geology of Crystalline Rocks (TSK16) March 1, 2016 – March 6, 2016 Bonn, Germany
- New Currents in Science: The Challenges of Quality March 3, 2016 – March 4, 2016 Ispra, Italy
- 76th Annual Meeting of the German Geophysical Society (DGG) March 14, 2016 – March 17, 2016 Muenster, Germany
- 2016 Conference on Big Data from Space March 15, 2016 – March 17, 2016 Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
- NAC+ 2016 March 21, 2016 – March 23, 2016 Edinburgh, UK
- 4th Session of Plenary Intergovernmental platform on biodiversity and n ecosystem services (IPBES) February 22, 2016 at 9:00 am – February 28, 2016 at 5:00 pm , Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- SPE HSE International Conference April 11, 2016 at 9:00 am – April 13, 2016 at 4:00 pm , Stavanger, Norway
- Global Water Summit 2016 April 19, 2016 at 8:00 am – April 20, 2016 at 5:00 pm , Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Sustainable Extractives Forum: how to manage risk and navigate uncertainty. April 27, 2016 at 9:30 am – April 28, 2016 at 5:30 pm , London, United Kingdom
- IPIECA-IOGP Health Committee meeting April 28, 2016 at 7:30 am – April 29, 2016 at 11:00 am Statoil USA E&P, Houston, Texas, United States
- IPIECA-IOGP Health Committee Meeting April 28, 2016 at 1:00 pm – April 29, 2016 at 5:00 pm Statoil U.K. Limited, London, United Kingdom