Glasgow March & Rally – 30th November – Protect Our Pensions
GLASGOW TRADE UNION COUNCIL
MARCH & RALLY – 30th NOVEMBER
Glasgow Trades Councill will be having a March & Rally on the
Day of Action, REMEMBER Wednesday 30th November.
The March will start in Shuttle Street (near High St Station) Gathering at 12noon and moving off at 12.30pm
The route will then be George Street,
Cochrane Street, George Square (South), Hanover Street,
Ingram Street, Glassford Street, Trongate and then finishing at
Speakers will start at 1.15.
- Quarter of global emissions could be covered by a carbon price in 2017, says World Bank October 21, 2016If policymakers can embed a carbon price within "complimentary" green legislation, then climate change mitigation costs could fall by almost a third by 2030, a new report from the World Bank has found.
- SolarCity and Airbnb offer cash incentives on solar installations October 21, 2016As Tesla begins to make waves in the autonomous driving sphere, its sister company SolarCity has also branched-out into a new domain - partnering with hospitality company Airbnb to offer cash rebates on solar array installations.
- Developed nations 'confident' of hitting $100bn climate action pledge October 18, 2016Developed countries are "confident" that $100bn will be financed annually to aid climate actions in developing countries by 2020, a new report compiled by the UK and Australia has revealed.
- Panasonic embraces the power of partnerships to drive green innovation October 17, 2016Japanese electronics firm Panasonic has ramped up its involvement in the low-carbon agenda, forming two new collaborative partnerships with automaker Tesla and energy management solutions provider Schneider electric to develop new solar PV cells and smart building technology.
- Kigali deal on HFCs is big step in fighting climate change October 17, 2016They went to Kigali to eliminate hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs) and take 0.5C out of future global warming, and the 170 countries that successfully negotiated an amendment to the Montreal protocol treaty agreed to get rid of 90% of them. Not bad for four days and three long nights of hard work.
- Businesses urged to view water as economic risk rather than environmental issue October 13, 2016Efforts to combat water scarcity are "absent from the portfolios" of investors, and it is now the responsibility of the private sector to step up water efficiency practices to build understanding that water is an economic risk as well as an environmental one.
- Detroit incinerator is hotspot for health problems, environmentalists claim October 23, 2016The country’s biggest trash-burning facility has been issued with a notice to sue, with local residents complaining of the bad smell and pollution it producesAt the intersection of two highways just outside downtown Detroit, a hulking relic of the city’s past looms over the skyline: the largest municipal trash incinerator in the US. It’s a facility that has […]Ryan Felton in Detroit
- Documentary film-makers face decades in prison for taping oil pipeline protests October 20, 2016Deia Schlosberg and Lindsey Grayzel face felony charges that first amendment advocates say are part of a growing number of attacks on freedom of the pressTwo documentary film-makers are facing decades in prison for recording US oil pipeline protests, with serious felony charges that first amendment advocates say are part of a growing number of attacks on fre […]Sam Levin in San Francisco
- Emergency order for Flint water crisis should have come sooner, EPA admits October 20, 2016Inspector general says the agency had the authority and ‘sufficient information’ to address lead contamination seven months before it finally took action The Environmental Protection Agency should have issued an emergency order to address the water crisis in Flint, Michigan, seven months before it eventually decided to take action, according to a report from […]Ryan Felton in Detroit
- Why has climate change been ignored in the US election debates? October 19, 2016While we rake over Clinton’s emails and Trump’s late-night tweets, climate has been the elephant in the room, leaving scientists and campaigners asking why there hasn’t been a single direct question about the crisis Climate change has been the elephant in the room during the past two US presidential debates. Ignoring this issue would be more understandable i […]Oliver Milman
- Amy Goodman showed us the perils of standing up to the fossil fuel industry | May Boeve October 18, 2016The rights of activists and journalists are under threat wherever communities challenge Big Oil – in North Dakota and beyond Related: Judge rejects riot charges for journalist Amy Goodman after oil pipeline protest For far too long, the world had been ignoring the North Dakota anti-pipelines protests. Then the Democracy Now! host Amy Goodman captured private […]May Boeve
- Pedals the bear, known for walking on hind legs, apparently killed by hunters October 18, 2016Body of bear with Pedals’ markings taken to weigh station by hunter, wildlife officials say, in New Jersey’s first sanctioned bow and arrow hunt in decadesPedals, a famed black bear who wandered around New Jersey on two legs like a human, appears to have been killed in the state’s first sanctioned bow and arrow hunt in four decades.Wildlife officials said th […]Oliver Milman in New York
- Divest January 23, 2013Short title: Divest Our work is challenging Scottish finance to become more sustainable and democratic. Find out more. Background image:
- Dance For The Climate November 11, 2009In August 2009 over 10.000 people danced for the climate on the Ostend Beach in Belgium. By joining this global movement and adding your own dance video to this site, you make your own statement that we have to act now on climate change. read more
- News teaser September 29, 2009Contact the Friends of the Earth Scotland media office: During working hours: 0131 243 2719 Out of hours: 0131 243 2715 Go to the blog Share buttons: No buttons
- Our Successes August 11, 2009Our campaigns get noticed and without us Scotland would not have many of the environmental successes we have today. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Our Purpose August 11, 2009We are the leading organisation in Scotland that is working for environmental justice, campaigning for the planet and its people. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- #ANTIFA: #TEDDYBEARS #PICNIC @slatukip @dubdanu @siegfails @misscheeky666 @JLRFBLESS THAN thirty brazen little crybabies escaped the clutches of mummy and daddy to parked their prams in Hyde Park for their annual Teddybears Trump Picnic, whilst policemen in riot gear stood guard for the nasty big bogeymen from the UAF, who had threatened to turn up and spoil the fun of the little Angels and cherubs of the EDL's Hitler Pre-School Di […]
- Ambulance Targeting Was Based On Turkish DisinformationIt was an American-made helicopter abusing the name of a First Nations tribe which penetrated Syrian territory coming from Golan late June, in bright daylight approached a nameless Czech-made ambulance car, and fired a B7EV type air-to-ground missile killing a patient plus other inmates en route to a civilian hospital. One of many, too many casualties in a f […]
- Ex-Royal Military Policeman accused of harassing Sussex Police Commissioner KatySussex Police and Crime Commissioner Katy Bourne is being harassed by an ex- Royal Military Policeman, while Sussex Police stand by allowing it to continue.
- What is Grybauskaite silent about?As early as the beginning of the first presidential term, at the meeting with members of Lithuanian National Security and Defence Committee, Dalia Grybauskaite took up the question of making public materials, stored in the archives and connected with the activities of KGB and other secret services, worked in Lithuania. "Lustration has to be finished by […]
- Abu Sayyaf Release Australian Alternative Therapist for GoodDespite a recent surge of violence on the archipelago, militants in the Philippine Islands this week set free an Australian hostage they had held in captivity for three years. The 38 year old Raph Ader who had been vacationing in a local community aside from the overcrowded beaches was abducted during a speed boat round trip in the area, of which his wife ha […]
- Press release: Thank you to the volunteers from the River Thames October 21, 2016As a ‘thank you’ to our volunteer lock keepers, the Environment Agency will be hosting a celebration on board the French Brothers ‘The New Queen of the Thames’, which is the largest boat on the Upper Thames. Demetri Somarakis, Environment Agency Thames Volunteer Team Project Manager, said: Our volunteers help ensure that the navigational Thames is running bo […]
- Press release: Virtual test to ensure River Aire moveable weir is winter ready October 21, 2016The Environment Agency has carried out a virtual test to ensure work to install a moveable weir on the River Aire is winter ready. Installation of the weir at Crown Point, a first for UK flood alleviation, is just one element that Leeds City Council, in partnership with the Environment Agency, is delivering as part of Phase 1 of the Leeds flood alleviation s […]
- Press release: Are you disposing of your oil or fuel correctly? October 20, 2016The Environment Agency is urging businesses and householders in the Ronkswood, Brickfields, Tolladine and Rainbow Hill areas of Worcester to check their oil tanks and ensure that they dispose of oil and fuel in a correct and safe way. Over the past few weeks Environment Agency officers have dealt with a number of incidents where oil has polluted the Worceste […]
- Press release: Environment Agency raid on illegal transfrontier waste shipment October 19, 2016Greenstore Ltd is a large storage facility at Baldwin’s Farm, Upminster, Essex where containers are rented out to individuals and companies for storage. The Environment Agency had information to suggest that the site was being frequented by criminals to store Waste Electronic and Electrical Equipment (WEEE), and stolen goods prior to illegal export. Environm […]
- Press release: Help plan the future: join the flood and coastal committee October 19, 2016Would you like to have your say on local flood and coastal management plans? The Environment Agency has opportunities to start in January 2017, April 2017 and July 2017, covering the River Great Ouse catchment, including large parts of the Fens, part of the Wash and North West Norfolk coast. The RFCCs play an important role in deciding local priorities for f […]
- Dawnwatch hanger17.wordpress.com/2016/10/21/daw… 3 days ago
- I liked a @YouTube video youtu.be/rOcJuiQx5JA?a Cross Country in a Gasser 1955 Chevy with a Hemi! - Roadkill Ep. 30 3 days ago
- Message from the underground hanger17.wordpress.com/2016/10/20/mes… 3 days ago
- RT @falke_jonathan4: 10 Best Dogs For Children mecklet.com/s17hcz-childre… 5 days ago
- Update from animal rights hanger17.wordpress.com/2016/10/12/upd… 1 week ago
- RT @Protect_Wldlife: Confessions Of A #Rhino Poacher: I Have No Choice But To De-Horn Rhinos! protectallwildlifeblog.wordpress.com/confessions-of… #SaveRhinos #RhinoHor… 4 weeks ago
- RT @Misokeiko: 🎉🐬💦Another unsuccessful attempt to export Solomons dolphins radionz.co.nz/international/… https://t.co/bsDzjW8qec 1 month ago
- RT @morgankwyatt: Why is the grasshopper lucky? #spiritanimal #nature #spirituality bit.ly/2cNsu0o https://t.co/sfRKD57h3d 1 month ago
Please answer poll
Site Posts Calendar
Oxford Indymedia Events
No upcoming events
Climate Change Events
- Convective and volcanic clouds detection, monitoring and modeling October 19, 2016 – October 28, 2016 Tarquinia, Italy
- ADVANCE final conference "Deep decarbonisation for staying well below 2°C" October 24, 2016 Brussels
- 8th International Workshop on Planetary, Solar and Heliospheric Radio Emissions October 25, 2016 – October 27, 2016 Seggauberg, Austria
- 8th EGU Leonardo Conference: From evaporation to precipitation: the atmospheric moisture transport October 25, 2016 – October 27, 2016 Ourense, Spain
- PhD School on Ice Core Techniques (ICAT) 2.5 ECTS October 31, 2016 – November 6, 2016 Copenhagen, Denmark
No upcoming events