Protest 30 May: Tax the rich! Rebuild the NHS!
Protest 30 May: Tax the rich! Rebuild the NHS!
Date: Wednesday 30 May, 2012 – 17:00 – 18:30
Location: Care Uk, London Office, St Vincent’s House, 21 Great
Winchester Street, EC2N 2JA
Care Uk is one of the big private profit companies already making a
killing out of the NHS and poised to make many more millions aided by
the Health and Social Care Act.
Care UK’s boss John Nash paid Tory health minister Andrew Lansley
£21,000, when Lansley was in opposition, to fund Lansley’s private
We believe there is no place for private profit in the National Health
Service.We want the NHS to be paid for by progressive taxation, making
the rich pay their fair share towards health care for all, free at the
point of need.
Called by Health Alarm, http://healthalarm1159.wordpress.com
Phone: (+44) 20 7394 8923
(+44) 7950 978 083
Skype phone number from Australia: 07 3102 4681
- Economic growth can cut emissions gap to limit climate change impact July 7, 2015Low-carbon economic growth can become the new normal and limit the impact of climate change, according to a new report released today (7 July).
- James Cameron to make Sun Flower design open-source July 6, 2015Film producer James Cameron has announced that his innovative rotating Sun Flower design will be freely available to the public.
- IRENA: Pacific islands should embrace natural renewables resources July 3, 2015Small island nations can secure substantial economic benefits by developing renewable energy sources, according to a series of new reports.
- Sustainable product revenue growing six times faster than alternatives July 3, 2015Revenues from sustainable products or services are growing up to six times faster than 'normal' equivalents, according to new research from the Investor Responsibility Research Center Institute (IRRCi).
- Solar plane glides past world record in 80-hour solo flight July 2, 2015The solar plane Solar Impulse 2 has broken the world records for distance and duration of solar aviation, flying continuously for more than 80 hours and travelling 6000 km across the Pacific.
- China to treble wind capacity in 10 years July 2, 2015China is set to treble its wind power capacity by 2025, but future growth will be limited unless the nation's grid technology is developed.
- Cause and effect: how human activity is altering the environment – in pictures July 6, 2015Leading environmental photographers and artists exhibit their works on the effects of anthropogenic climate change at the Verve Gallery in Santa Fe, New Mexico, from 3 July to 5 September Continue reading...Guardian Staff
- Electric 'robocabs' would reduce US greenhouse emissions by 94% – study July 6, 2015Research projecting to 2030 says self-driving taxis and specialised one-person vehicles would greatly cut inefficiencies in current human driving patternsSelf-driving electric taxis could reduce greenhouse gas emissions from conventional car travel in the US by 94% in 2030, according to a study by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.These future “robocabs” […]Philip Oldfield
- Mozambique burns world's largest rhino horn seizure July 6, 2015Burning of 124kg of rhino and 1,160kg of ivory takes place as Zimbabwe confirms it has exported around 20 elephants to ChinaMozambique burned the world’s largest ever seizure of rhino horn on Monday in what ministers and officials said was a demonstration of their commitment to tackle poaching.The largely symbolic destruction of 193.5kg of horn and 2,434.6kg […]Adam Vaughan
- Koch Industries spent €0.5m lobbying EU on environmental protection July 6, 2015Notorious US opponents of climate action have been lobbying Europe on energy and environment issues, according to EU transparency register A notorious funder of climate sceptics in the US has spent at least €550,000 (£390,908) lobbying the EU on environmental protections and energy issues over the past three years.An obscure entry on the EU’s voluntary trans […]Arthur Neslen Brussels
- Scorching UK summers to become commonplace, says study July 6, 2015Met Office research reveals likelihood of blazing hot summers rises to 90% by end of century, with wet summers and very cold winters set to be rareScorching summers are likely to become common in the UK by the end of the century while winters turn wetter and less chilly, according to new research.Met Office researchers carried out a new analysis of long-rang […]Press Association
- No plan B if Paris climate summit ends in failure, says EU climate chief July 6, 2015Exclusive: Miguel Cañete urges world leaders to force their ministers to agree a dealThere is “no plan B” if the Paris climate conference ends in failure, Europe’s climate chief has warned, urging world leaders to intervene to force their ministers to agree a landmark deal this December.In an exclusive interview with the Guardian, Miguel Cañete, commissioner […]Fiona Harvey in Brussels
- Finance January 23, 2013Short title: Finance Our work is challenging Scottish finance to become more sustainable and democratic. Find out more. Background image:
- Dance For The Climate November 11, 2009In August 2009 over 10.000 people danced for the climate on the Ostend Beach in Belgium. By joining this global movement and adding your own dance video to this site, you make your own statement that we have to act now on climate change. read more
- News teaser September 29, 2009Contact the Friends of the Earth Scotland media office: During working hours: 0131 243 2719 Out of hours: 0131 243 2715 Go to the blog Share buttons: No buttons
- Our Successes August 11, 2009Our campaigns get noticed and without us Scotland would not have many of the environmental successes we have today. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Our Purpose August 11, 2009We are the leading organisation in Scotland that is working for environmental justice, campaigning for the planet and its people. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- 'Amsterdam Climate Games' activist placed in foreign detentionA German climate activist that was arrested on Saturday during the Amsterdam Climate Games has been transferred to foreign detention on Monday morning. During the Climate Games action day hundreds of people took action in the Western port of Amsterdam against the coal, gasoline and soy industry, which according to the activists "is responsible for contr […]
- Ublocks: Failed Pub Singer of Huyton #antifa @graham_downes @thechikky @bluehandTwitter's most annoying racist troll @ublocks, follows the shamed tradition of far right. Whereas Adolf Hitler was a failed artist, poor Les is renowned in the run-down hostelries of Huyton as a piss-artist, relegated to touting his services via Star Now as a tupenny-hapenny ballad singer who can sing rock and roll and country and western music for a ba […]
- Greece for beginnersWhatever the result of their shitty this and that pole the only that has changed is what the bosses want. They now want to ignore the will of the people and enforce their shit on ordinary working class Greeks.
- SPORT ARE DENTISTS - EDL IN SHEFFIELD #antifa @misscheeky666 @edlnews @slatedlThe regurgitated dregs of Britain's far right "foot soldiers" slithered embarrassingly into Sheffield leaving a trail of slime, used beer cans everywhere, misspelt banners of hate and sweat-encrusted t-shirts announcing their unwelcome presence. Wasting their train fares for a mindless piss-up, the flotsam and jetsam of middle-age angst meande […]
- The Sotheby's 4 need YOU!All the courageous cleaners and porters – "the Sotheby's 4"– that took part in the protest on Wednesday demanding sick pay and end to trade union victimisation have been banned from site by Sotheby's auction house (aka sacked). Some of them have been working for Sotheby's for over 5 years.
- Press release: Help improve bathing water quality in Scarborough South Bay July 6, 2015As the temperatures rise and people head to Scarborough South Bay’s bathing beach, the Yorkshire Bathing Water Partnership is reminding people to do their bit to improve bathing water quality. Officers from the Environment Agency, Scarborough Borough Council and Yorkshire Water will be out and about on Tuesday, 7 July as part of the second pollution preventi […]
- Press release: Cambridgeshire locks under manual operation this weekend July 3, 2015The lock at St Ives and the Old Papermills lock in St Neots are both awaiting permanent repairs, following mechanical break downs which closed each of them for a short period of time. Low river levels between Godmanchester and Houghton are also causing concerns and boaters are advised to take extra care whilst navigating this stretch of the River Great Ouse. […]
- Press release: Don’t be caught out by flash flooding - be prepared July 3, 2015North Yorkshire County Council and the Environment Agency are urging communities across the county to be aware of the dangers of flash flooding, and to take steps to prepare. Flash flooding tends to happen when heavy rainfall runs off land and quickly swells rivers and streams. It can also occur where drainage systems are overwhelmed by intense rainfall. The […]
- Press release: Clacton beach goers advised to stay off the rocks July 3, 2015In 2011, the RAF had to rescue 3 teenagers from the oncoming tide after 1 of them got her leg caught between rocks on Clacton beach. Dave Knagg, Operations Manager at the Environment Agency said: We want people to enjoy the beach but to observe the signs which are there for a reason. Whilst rock groynes appear to be a fun place to play and find sea life, the […]
- Press release: Third Energy fracking permit consultation extended July 2, 2015The public consultation on Third Energy’s application for a permit to carry out fracking in North Yorkshire has been extended. The Environment Agency’s consultation on the company’s proposals will now be open for public submissions until Friday 7 August. The consultation opened on 10 June after Third Energy UK Gas Ltd applied to the Environment Agency for th […]
- I'm looking for free Old concrete slabs @ bit.ly/1euNRyj 1 day ago
- RT @Matt_Dominguez: #WhenIWasAKid a bond w/ animals was developed which drives me today to fight against those who seek to harm them! http:… 6 days ago
- RT @Protect_Wldlife: Please Sign & RT: Stop Live Fish, Turtles & Other Amphibians Being Sold As Keyrings In China! thepetitionsite.com/tell-a-friend/… h… 6 days ago
- RT @peta: For hiking, going out on the town, or a day at the beach. 16 #Vegan Shoes for #Summer: peta.vg/summershoes http://t.co/mUtAvR4… 1 week ago
- RT @TakePart: 3 tiny houses that let you live green + off the grid: bit.ly/1fBGnui http://t.co/NnwVTuJDHe 1 week ago
- RT @wwwfoecouk: Campaigners alarmed over plans to sell stake in Green Investment Bank: theguardian.com/environment/20… http://t.co/9LiKoSNGi6 1 week ago
- I'm going to @theviewtv at The Golf Tavern in Edinburgh, United Kingdom - Jun 27 bandsintown.com/event/10137549… 1 week ago
- I'm going to @DeadKennedys at King Tuts Wah Wah Hut in Glasgow, United Kingdom - Jun 25 bandsintown.com/event/9378138?… 1 week ago
Please answer poll
Site Posts Calendar
Oxford Indymedia Events
No upcoming events
Climate Change Events
- CIDER 2015 Summer Program "Solid Earth Dynamics and Climate - Mant le Interactions with the Hydrosphere & Carbosphere June 28, 2015 – August 1, 2015 Berkeley (CA), USA
- Summerschool: Advanced techniques for quantifying C and Si dynamic s July 6, 2015 – July 11, 2015 Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium
- Pathways 2015: Pathways towards habitable planets July 13, 2015 – July 18, 2015 Bern, Switzerland
- 3rd International Summer School on Flow and Transport in Porous an d Fractured Media July 20, 2015 – August 2, 2015 Cargese
- Granulites & granulites 2015 July 26, 2015 – July 30, 2015 Windhoek, Namibia
- SPE Latin America and Caribbean HSE and Sustainability Conference July 7, 2015 at 9:30 am – July 8, 2015 at 5:30 pm , Bogotá, Colombia
- ICCB-ECCB - Mission Biodiversity: Choosing new paths for conservation August 2, 2015 at 9:00 am – August 6, 2015 at 5:00 pm Le Corum- Esplanade Charles De Gaulle, Montpellier, France
- UNFCCC ADP 3 August 31, 2015 at 12:00 am – September 4, 2015 at 12:00 am , Bonn, Germany
- Sustainable Procurement & Supply Summit September 22, 2015 at 9:00 am – 5:00 pm , London, United Kingdom
- Reporting Working Group meeting September 29, 2015 at 9:00 am – October 1, 2015 at 5:00 pm Tullow Oil, London, United Kingdom
- 2015 Annual Meetings of the World Bank Group and the International Monetary n Fund October 9, 2015 at 9:00 am – October 11, 2015 at 5:00 pm , Lima, Peru