Protest 30 May: Tax the rich! Rebuild the NHS!
Protest 30 May: Tax the rich! Rebuild the NHS!
Date: Wednesday 30 May, 2012 – 17:00 – 18:30
Location: Care Uk, London Office, St Vincent’s House, 21 Great
Winchester Street, EC2N 2JA
Care Uk is one of the big private profit companies already making a
killing out of the NHS and poised to make many more millions aided by
the Health and Social Care Act.
Care UK’s boss John Nash paid Tory health minister Andrew Lansley
£21,000, when Lansley was in opposition, to fund Lansley’s private
We believe there is no place for private profit in the National Health
Service.We want the NHS to be paid for by progressive taxation, making
the rich pay their fair share towards health care for all, free at the
point of need.
Called by Health Alarm, http://healthalarm1159.wordpress.com
Phone: (+44) 20 7394 8923
(+44) 7950 978 083
Skype phone number from Australia: 07 3102 4681
- Governments in the dark over true level of 'green job' creation March 26, 2015Claims that green policies are creating or destroying jobs are unsubstantiated, as they cannot yet evaluate the true impact due to a lack of data and poor methods.
- Sustainable investors beating market expectations, claims Morgan Stanley March 26, 2015Investment funds that use sustainability metrics to judge their stocks are likely to outperform those that don't, according to a new study by Wall Street firm Morgan Stanley.
- Corporate green bonds to surpass $30bn in 2015, says S&P March 24, 2015A record $30bn of 'green bonds' could be issued by private companies this year, helping to finance a growing number of environmental and sustainability projects around the world.
- Global electric car sales boom in 2014 March 23, 2015Around 320,000 new electric vehicles were registered around the world in 2014, accounting for 43% of all electric vehicles currently on the road.
- Wind turbine maintenance costs to almost double by 2020 March 19, 2015The global maintenance expenditure on wind turbines - vital to productivity - is expected rise from $9.25bn in 2014 to $17bn in 2020.
- Detox Catwalk: Greenpeace reveals most sustainable fashion brands March 19, 2015Greenpeace has today announced its Detox Catwalk, listing how major fashion brands rank on removing toxic chemicals from their supply chains and tackling water pollution.
- UK faces European court over coal plant emissions March 26, 2015Nitrogen dioxide emissions from Aberthaw coal plant in Wales found to be more than twice the legal limit Brussels will haul the UK into court for breaching emissions limits of the toxic pollutant nitrogen dioxide (NOx) at its coal-fired Aberthaw power plant in Wales, the bloc announced on Thursday.The Aberthaw plant in the Vale of Glamorgan is currently oper […]Arthur Neslen Brussels
- Large fall in UK greenhouse gas emissions of over 8% last year March 26, 2015The biggest fall in emissions since 1990 saw carbon dioxide output drop by almost a tenth while energy from renewable sources rose to a record high of almost 20% of electricity, government figures showThe UK’s greenhouse gas emissions plunged by 8.4% last year, as household energy consumption slumped, the use of coal for electricity generation fell, and poli […]Fiona Harvey, environment correspondent
- ‘Green’ dam linked to killings of six indigenous people in Guatemala March 26, 2015Indigenous people are being ‘terrorised’ after protests against a mega-dam backed by European development banks, whose carbon allowances will be tradable on the EU’s emissions trading systemA planned mega-dam in Guatemala, whose carbon credits will be tradable under the EU’s emissions trading system, has been linked to grave human rights abuses, including th […]Arthur Neslen in Brussels
- UK drew wrong conclusion from its neonicotinoids study, scientist says March 26, 2015Reanalysis of a Food and Environment Agency study may provide first conclusive evidence that neonicotinoids pesticides are a key factor in bee decline, despite it originally being used to support the opposite viewA study on which the UK government bases its position that neonicotinoid pesticides do not threaten bees may actually be the first conclusive evide […]Karl Mathiesen
- RSPB’s Big Garden Bird Watch confirms many species still declining March 26, 2015Starlings and house sparrow numbers dwindling as survey reveals long-term downward trend despite overall boost to populations due to a warm winter and bumper harvestsThe number of backyard researchers in the world’s biggest citizen science survey was up this year, but participants found populations of many bird species continued to decline. More than 585,000 […]Karl Mathiesen
- How much of the world's fossil fuel can we burn? March 25, 2015The much-quoted three numbers of climate change have raised awareness of the simple fact there’s far more fossil fuel than we can burn and the more we extract, the greater the risk of climate catastrophe – but they don’t tell us the whole storyThe world is gradually waking up to the true nature of the climate change conundrum, and not a moment too soon. The […]Duncan Clark
- Finance January 23, 2013Short title: Finance Our work is challenging Scottish finance to become more sustainable and democratic. Find out more. Background image:
- Dance For The Climate November 11, 2009In August 2009 over 10.000 people danced for the climate on the Ostend Beach in Belgium. By joining this global movement and adding your own dance video to this site, you make your own statement that we have to act now on climate change. read more
- News teaser September 29, 2009Contact the Friends of the Earth Scotland media office: During working hours: 0131 243 2719 Out of hours: 0131 243 2715 Go to the blog Share buttons: No buttons
- Our Successes August 11, 2009Our campaigns get noticed and without us Scotland would not have many of the environmental successes we have today. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Our Purpose August 11, 2009We are the leading organisation in Scotland that is working for environmental justice, campaigning for the planet and its people. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- International CalloutWe are currently resisting a large scale eviction attempt in Dublin. Grangegorman is a large complex of occupied warehouses, converted offices, residential houses and community gardens. We have occupied the site for over a year and a half and are asking for people to help us resist eviction in any way they can
- Attack on Balfour Beaty and The Post, BristolAttack on Balfour Beaty and The Post, Bristol
- Important update on tomorrows FoI hearing re Huntingdon Life SciencesImportant information for those who would like to attend tomorrows appeal hearing in Manchester and have not yet submitted their names.
- Audio: 'Mass Surveillance, Liberty and Activism' with ORG Director Jim KillockThe Open Rights Group's Executive Director Jim Killock gave a talk in Sheffield on 25th March 2015 at a ORG Sheffield meeting about mass surveillance, liberty and activism, attached is a recording of the talk and the Q and A with the audience.
- Mayday - Reclaim the BeatsMayday falls on a Friday. Fuck it all off and come party at a street party like no other.
- Press release: Waste company owner given suspended prison sentence for waste tyre offences March 25, 2015Andrew Mayhew pleaded guilty to 5 offences at Plymouth Crown Court of running a waste operation without the necessary permits, which involved dumping large numbers of tyres at several different sites including Hill Barton Business Park, Exeter; Moor Barton Farm in Tiverton, as well as Dawlish, North Tawton, and Hayedown industrial estate, Tavistock. At the h […]
- Press release: Work starts on Teesside flood defences March 25, 2015The Environment Agency is to start building flood defences to protect hundreds of homes and businesses from the threat of flooding. Local business Wilton Engineering will manufacture part of the flood defences to help protect its local community in Port Clarence. The multi-million pound alleviation scheme is designed to lessen the flood risk to around 350 ho […]
- Press release: Committee members needed to help shape future flood plans March 24, 2015Trent RFCC plays an important role in deciding local priorities, raising local levy funding and approving flood and coastal risk management work. Committee members also have a critical role in supporting the Environment Agency and Lead Local Flood Authorities, by working with communities and other partners to identify and bring in funding. Applicants do not […]
- Press release: Love Your Rivers Telford secures £100K fund March 24, 2015Love Your Rivers Telford was the brain child of the Environment Agency and brings together 8 major organisations, 1 water company, 1 university and 16 community groups who all work together to improve water quality, biodiversity and reduce flooding in Telford. The project is making great strides towards a joined up approach where all the different parts of t […]
- Press release: Free flood warnings to be offered to EE customers in Staffordshire March 24, 2015From 25 March, EE customers registered in flood risk areas in Staffordshire will receive messages from the Environment Agency’s Floodline Warnings Direct service, giving people valuable time to prepare. If successful, this pilot scheme will be rolled out across the country. Since 2010 the Floodline Warnings Direct service has enabled the Environment Agency t […]
- RT @Chewster2e: Woman sues dog walker who lost pit bull after 'flipping out' nyp.st/1BklDdq via @nypost http://t.co/bAvVbQi7OL 2 days ago
- RT @BosnianRescue: @occupyforanimal @ESDAW_Europe @BalkanDogs #Sarajevo: Volunteers Give Hope to Forgotten #Dogs journalistsforanimals.com/sarajevo-volun… htt… 2 days ago
- RT @Freja_Petersen: Sign/RT: Man Buys Cats From Craigslist, Mistreats Them & Leaves The Bodies In His Backyard ... petitionhub.org/Man-Buys-Cats-… h… 2 days ago
- RT @MinaANDMaya: RT ASAP! If re-elected @Conservatives will repeat INEFFECTIVE & INHUMANE #UK cull @Network4Animals #stopthebadgercull http… 2 days ago
- RT @Animal_Place: #Monterey County Folks: Share and help #sheep saved from horrific cruelty find a new home! Email Marji Beach at marji@ani… 3 days ago
- RT @AnimalRRights: Top animal rights Twitter influencers one should follow rightrelevance.com/?q=tab_type%3D… 3 days ago
- Circuses as Conservationist Organizations? (Written for The Ecotone Exchange) wp.me/pPEwS-2oJ 1 week ago
- Poaching and animal trafficking become major crime concern for the US wp.me/pPEwS-2oD 1 week ago
Please answer poll
Site Posts Calendar
Oxford Indymedia Events
- How to fight the tax cheats April 1, 2015 at 7:30 pm Friends Meeting House, 43 St Giles, Oxford, OX1 3LW.
- Britain in the World. Q&A with Parliamentary Candidates April 23, 2015 at 7:00 pm Oxford Town Hall, St Aldates, Central Oxford OX1 1BX
Climate Change Events
- Habitability in the Universe: From the Early Earth to Exoplanets March 22, 2015 – March 28, 2015 Porto, Portugal
- Microstructural evolution during HT deformation - MicroDIce Final conference March 30, 2015 – April 2, 2015 Montpellier, France
- Integrated Hydrosystem Modelling Conference 2015 April 7, 2015 – April 11, 2015 Tuebingen, Germany
- From Hooke to Helioseismology: The UK’s contribution to seismolo gy – past, present and future April 9, 2015 – April 11, 2015 Leicester, England
- Conference on Complex Networks and Climate Variability April 11, 2015 – April 13, 2015 Vienna, Austria
- Spring Meeting - World Bank Group and International Monetary Fund April 17, 2015 at 8:00 am – April 19, 2015 at 4:00 pm , Washington D.C, United States
- IAIA15: Impact Assessment in the Digital Era April 20, 2015 at 8:15 am – April 23, 2015 at 4:00 pm Firenze Fiera Congress & Exhibition Center , Florence, Italy
- International Chemical and Oil Pollution Conference and Exhibition April 21, 2015 at 7:30 am – April 24, 2015 at 5:30 pm , , Singapore
- Global Water Summit: The Water Value Revolution April 26, 2015 at 11:00 pm – 11:00 pm , Athens, Greece
- IFC Sustainability Exchange May 20, 2015 at 8:00 am – May 21, 2015 at 4:00 pm , Washington, United States
- IWRA World Water Congress XV May 24, 2015 at 11:00 pm – May 28, 2015 at 11:00 pm , Edinburgh, United Kingdom