Protest 30 May: Tax the rich! Rebuild the NHS!
Protest 30 May: Tax the rich! Rebuild the NHS!
Date: Wednesday 30 May, 2012 – 17:00 – 18:30
Location: Care Uk, London Office, St Vincent’s House, 21 Great
Winchester Street, EC2N 2JA
Care Uk is one of the big private profit companies already making a
killing out of the NHS and poised to make many more millions aided by
the Health and Social Care Act.
Care UK’s boss John Nash paid Tory health minister Andrew Lansley
£21,000, when Lansley was in opposition, to fund Lansley’s private
We believe there is no place for private profit in the National Health
Service.We want the NHS to be paid for by progressive taxation, making
the rich pay their fair share towards health care for all, free at the
point of need.
Called by Health Alarm, http://healthalarm1159.wordpress.com
Phone: (+44) 20 7394 8923
(+44) 7950 978 083
Skype phone number from Australia: 07 3102 4681
- Heineken partners with UNIDO to tackle water scarcity in developing markets March 2, 2015International brewer Heineken is teaming up with the United Nations Industrial Development Organisation (UNIDO) to accelerate the deployment of water stewardship initiatives in countries and regions classified as 'water-scarce'.
- Google announces $300m investment in rooftop solar February 27, 2015Google's latest renewable energy investment will be providing almost half of a new $750m fund by SolarCity Corp to finance 25,000 residential solar projects, marking the technology giant's largest renewable energy investment to date.
- Asendia ascends towards carbon-neutrality with offsetting scheme February 27, 2015International mail distribution company Asendia has ramped up its sustainability efforts by signing up to a carbon offsetting scheme to help achieve its long-term aim of becoming carbon neutral.
- World leaders urged to tackle food waste to save billions and cut emissions February 26, 2015Governments across the world should make reducing food waste an urgent priority in order to save as much as £194bn annually by 2030, according to a report.
- Plummeting prices provide sustainable investment opportunity in Chinese cotton industry February 26, 2015International brands and retailers are being called upon to take advantage of a 'valuable window of opportunity' to invest and build a more resilient supply chain in the Chinese cotton market.
- Walmart launches virtual sustainability shop February 25, 2015American retailer Walmart has opened up an online tool that allows customers to factor in sustainability credentials when purchasing products from its website.
- Should the UK be subsidising the world's first tidal lagoons? March 2, 2015Company begins approval process for project that could power 1.5m homes in Wales, but concerns remain over enormity of scale and high electricity costs The company planning to build a series of massive tidal lagoons in the UK claim their project can generate electricity that will be competitive with offshore wind and nuclear power. But experts have urged the […]Karl Mathiesen
- Lewis Pugh's Antarctic swim – in pictures March 2, 2015British endurance swimmer and United Nations Environment Programme patron of the oceans, completes most southerly swim in human history after swimming in the Bay of Whales, Ross Sea Continue reading...Guardian Staff
- Oslo divests from coal companies March 2, 2015City becomes first capital in the world to join fossil fuel divestment movement, following demonstration of 1,000 people in FebruaryThe City of Oslo has committed to selling off its investments in coal companies, citing the environmental damage caused by the fuel. It joins almost 40 cities around the world, including San Francisco and Oxford, UK, in dumping […]Damian Carrington
- Viral China pollution film is brave, personal and powerful March 2, 2015Chai Jing’s documentary Under the Dome is praised by environmentalist Ma Jun for raising public awareness of China’s air pollution crisisA documentary about China’s shockingly high levels of air pollution that has gone viral within China is being compared to Al Gore’s An Inconvenient Truth and Rachel Carson’s Silent Spring. The self-funded documentary, Under […]Jennifer Duggan in Shanghai
- Members of €32bn Danish pension funds to vote on fossil fuel divestment March 2, 2015Series of resolutions asks six of Denmark’s pension funds to drop their ‘black money’ investments in coal, oil and gas projects that cause climate change Hundreds of thousands of academics, engineers and lawyers in Denmark are set to vote on divesting their €32bn (£23bn) pension funds from the fossil fuels that drive climate change.The first of a series of r […]Damian Carrington
- Giant panda numbers up 17%, China reports March 2, 2015State media says 1,864 giant pandas alive in the wild at the end of 2013, compared to 268 fewer in 2003China’s population of wild giant pandas jumped nearly 17% over a decade with conservation measures credited as being behind the increase, according to state media citing an official survey.The investigation by the State Forestry Administration (SFA) found t […]AFP
- Finance January 23, 2013Short title: Finance Our work is challenging Scottish finance to become more sustainable and democratic. Find out more. Background image:
- Dance For The Climate November 11, 2009In August 2009 over 10.000 people danced for the climate on the Ostend Beach in Belgium. By joining this global movement and adding your own dance video to this site, you make your own statement that we have to act now on climate change. read more
- News teaser September 29, 2009Contact the Friends of the Earth Scotland media office: During working hours: 0131 243 2719 Out of hours: 0131 243 2715 Go to the blog Share buttons: No buttons
- Our Successes August 11, 2009Our campaigns get noticed and without us Scotland would not have many of the environmental successes we have today. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Our Purpose August 11, 2009We are the leading organisation in Scotland that is working for environmental justice, campaigning for the planet and its people. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- FoI hearing re Huntingdon Life SciencesThe fight for transparency over the government's decision to provide banking and insurance services to failing animal testing company Huntingdon Life Science continues on Friday 27th March in Manchester. Rhonda Moorhouse will again be appealing for a positive response to her request for full disclosure regarding this matter. Her last appeal was dismisse […]
- Wrexham joins National Day of Protest Against WCA & MaximusA national day of action was called for Monday 2 March to protest the ongoing use of the discredited Work Capability Assessments to determine fitness for work or otherwise and to leave Maximus, the company that has taken over from Atos to carry these out, in no doubt that resistance will be ongoing.2 March is the first working day of Maximus' new contra […]
- Cameron is attacking poorest pensioners as wellHas anyone noticed that IDS is punishing some Pensioners for asking Qs?
- On the murder of a Russian oppositionistI tried to be totally unbiased.
- (Video) Front line view of the first anti-state riot in Athens under the new govFront line view of the first anti-state riot in Athens under the new government of SYRIZA & ANEL.
- Press release: Help the Environment Agency reduce flood risk in Nether Heyford March 2, 2015Ben Thornely, Partnerships and Strategic Overview Team Leader at the Environment Agency, said: The events will allow us to hear about residents’ experience and knowledge of flooding – information which will improve our understanding of flood risk in the area and help us plan together ways in which we could work together to reduce flood risk. The sessions are […]
- Press release: Environment Agency unveils new rod licence images to promote legal fishing March 2, 2015Designed by renowned angling and wildlife artist, David Miller, the new rod licences go on sale today (Monday 2 March). The image on this year’s coarse fishing rod licence is a crucian carp (Carassius carassius) and the non-coarse is a salmon (Salmo salar). Last year David’s artwork featured on a range of sustainable fish stamps for the Royal Mail. Sarah Cha […]
- Press release: Residents and businesses invited to Rugeley flood scheme drop-ins February 27, 2015Drop-in sessions to discuss the scheme will be held at: Rugeley Leisure Centre Burnthill Lane Rugeley WS15 2HZ on the following dates: Thursday 5 March 2015, between 3pm and 8pm Saturday 7 March 2015, between 10am and 12pm The Environment Agency and local council will be on hand at both drop-in sessions to provide information about the new proposals for the […]
- News story: Environment Agency Board appointment February 27, 2015Professor Lynne Frostick has been appointed to the Board of the Environment Agency as lead member for flood and coastal risk management by the Secretary of State for the Environment, Elizabeth Truss. Professor Frostick’s appointment takes effect from the 16th March 2015 for three years. The re-appointment of Emma Howard Boyd as a Board member has also been c […]
- Press release: Keep your eye on the ball. Be prepared, be flood aware February 26, 2015The Environment Agency and Middlesbrough Football Club are teaming up to help protect residents from flooding. Residents will benefit from the new fluvial Flood Warning Service, run by the Environment Agency, for properties in Middlesbrough city centre. The service, which went live on February 25,helps protect over 1600 properties alongside the Middlesbrough […]
- I'm giving away free silver phone with display @ bit.ly/1AOP0sH 14 hours ago
- Heavy snow forecast for Dunoon later today and through the night. 14 hours ago
- China importing baby elephants wp.me/pPEwS-2ol 1 week ago
- RT @RT_com: #ISIS burns over 100,000 books in Anbar, Iraq, incl rare manuscripts - official on.rt.com/esel5w http://t.co/KWcSnQkBjA 1 week ago
- RT @adelewilliams: @GBBJI Hi Wd you please share this event about food poverty in Nottingham? We'll be collecting for foodbanks too. http:… 1 week ago
- RT @adelewilliams: @StMarysNotts Pls share:1 million foodbank visits in 2014 -make some noise about it! Bring foodbank items if u can http:… 1 week ago
- Global Rally Against the Dog and Cat Meat Trade wp.me/pPEwS-2oj 1 week ago
- The consequence of sugar consumption wp.me/pPEwS-2oh 1 week ago
Please answer poll
Site Posts Calendar
Oxford Indymedia Events
- Fixing the food system: how to feed everyone March 20, 2015 at 7:30 pm Friends Meeting House, St. Giles
Climate Change Events
- Theoretical advances in planetary flows and climate dynamics March 2, 2015 – March 7, 2015 Les Houches, France
- Progress in Quaternary Archive Studies in the Iberian Peninsula March 12, 2015 – March 14, 2015 Sevilla, Spain
- 46th Lunar and Planetary Science Conference March 16, 2015 – March 21, 2015 The Woodlands, TX, USA
- Habitability in the Universe: From the Early Earth to Exoplanets March 22, 2015 – March 28, 2015 Porto, Portugal
- 75th Annual Meeting of the DGG (German Geophysical Society) March 23, 2015 – March 27, 2015 Hanover, Germany
- 4th World Water-Tech Investment Summit March 9, 2015 at 9:00 am – March 11, 2015 at 5:00 pm GRANGE TOWER BRIDGE, London, United Kingdom
- SPE E&P Health, Safety, Security, and Environmental Conference—Americas March 16, 2015 at 8:30 am – March 18, 2015 at 6:30 pm , Denver, United States
- Interspill 2015 March 24, 2015 at 8:00 am – March 26, 2015 at 6:00 pm Amsterdam RAI Convention Centre, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Spring Meeting - World Bank Group and International Monetary Fund April 17, 2015 at 8:00 am – April 19, 2015 at 4:00 pm , Washington D.C, United States
- IAIA 15 - Impact Assessment in the Digital Era April 20, 2015 at 8:00 am – April 23, 2015 at 4:00 pm Firenze Fiera Congress & Exhibition Center, Florence, Italy
- IAIA15: Impact Assessment in the Digital Era April 20, 2015 at 8:15 am – April 23, 2015 at 4:00 pm Firenze Fiera Congress & Exhibition Center , Florence, Italy