JP Wood (@JamesWoodAR) has shared a tweet with you
Happy birthday to Stanley Kubrick who famously declared, “If it can be written or thought, it can be filmed.” @Criterion — Stephen O’Malley (@IdeologicOrgan)
- #UoLCarbonCut: University of London delivers world's first tweet-based sustainability report January 19, 2017The University of London has taken digital sustainability reporting to a new level by broadcasting its achievements through a series of tweets and an online presentation instead of compiling a dedicated CSR report.
- 2016 hottest year ever recorded - and scientists say human activity to blame January 18, 20172016 was the hottest year on record, setting a new high for the third year in a row, with scientists firmly putting the blame on human activities that drive climate change.
- edie publishes free ISO 14001 guide for environmental professionals January 18, 2017Organisations and professionals with an interest in the ISO 14001 environmental management system standard now have access to a free, comprehensive 'edie explains' guide which breaks down all of the key information required to gain certification.
- Obama injects $500m into Green Climate Fund January 18, 2017Just three days before he leaves office, outgoing president Barack Obama has moved to protect the momentum of the Paris Agreement through a new $500m instalment into the Green Climate Fund.
- Yes we did: A complete timeline of Barack Obama's climate legacy January 18, 2017As Barack Obama waves goodbye to eight years in the White House, edie takes a stroll down memory lane to round-up all of the landmark pledges and announcements made by the outgoing US President who strove to leave a safer environment for future generations.
- Major banks failing to align climate strategies to Paris Agreement targets January 17, 2017Despite more than 70% of banks introducing environmental and carbon footprint stress, many are failing to align business and investment strategies in keeping with the 2C pathway scenario established through the Paris Agreement.
- Trump EPA pick: still 'some debate' over human role in climate change January 18, 2017At Senate confirmation hearing to lead Environmental Protection Agency, Scott Pruitt defends his relationship with fossil fuel industryScott Pruitt confirmation hearing: the key pointsScott Pruitt, Donald Trump’s pick to lead the US Environmental Protection Agency, has claimed there is still “some debate” over the role of human activity in climate change and […]Oliver Milman in New York
- Standing Rock activists clash with police – video January 18, 2017Amateur footage shot on Monday shows Standing Rock activists clashing with police and the National Guard, as demonstrations continue over the construction of the Dakota Access pipeline in Cannon Ball, North Dakota. Activists live streamed some of their encounters with police, which at times turned violent Continue reading...Guardian Staff
- Scott Pruitt confirmation hearing for Environmental Protection Agency: the key points January 18, 2017A climate change skeptic who has sued the agency, Pruitt faces opposition from Democrats and environmentalists who say he’s too cozy with fossil fuel industryEnvironmental Protection Agency administrator Continue reading...Lauren Gambino in Washington
- Trump interior secretary pick on climate change: 'I don’t believe it’s a hoax' January 18, 2017Ryan Zinke distanced himself from the president-elect in confirmation hearing: ‘The climate is changing. The debate is what is that influence and what can we do’Donald Trump’s nominee for secretary of interior, Ryan Zinke, distanced himself from the president-elect on Tuesday, saying “the climate is changing. The debate is what is that influence and what can […]Ben Jacobs in Washington
- Protests escalate over Louisiana pipeline by company behind Dakota Access January 15, 2017Louisiana residents are starting to get involved in environmental issues and are making themselves heard about the disputed Bayou Bridge pipelineScott Eustis did not stop smiling for hours. The coastal wetland specialist with the Gulf Restoration Network was attending a public hearing in Baton Rouge. Its subject was a pipeline extension that would run direct […]Michael Patrick Welch in Baton Rouge
- Patagonia, Black Diamond take on Utah officials over public land rights January 14, 2017The outdoor industry is leading the fight to protect America’s public lands from being developed for gas and oilUtah, a state rich in epic landscapes and national parks, is becoming ground zero for a fight between the $646bn outdoor industry and state lawmakers over public land management.At a trade show for outdoor clothing and gear makers in Salt Lake City […]Mary Catherine O'Connor
- Divest January 23, 2013Short title: Divest Our work is challenging Scottish finance to become more sustainable and democratic. Find out more. Background image:
- Dance For The Climate November 11, 2009In August 2009 over 10.000 people danced for the climate on the Ostend Beach in Belgium. By joining this global movement and adding your own dance video to this site, you make your own statement that we have to act now on climate change. read more
- News teaser September 29, 2009Contact the Friends of the Earth Scotland media office: During working hours: 0131 243 2719 Out of hours: 0131 243 2715 Go to the blog Share buttons: No buttons
- Our Successes August 11, 2009Our campaigns get noticed and without us Scotland would not have many of the environmental successes we have today. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Our Purpose August 11, 2009We are the leading organisation in Scotland that is working for environmental justice, campaigning for the planet and its people. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- #ANTIFA: #TEDDYBEARS #PICNIC @slatukip @dubdanu @siegfails @misscheeky666 @JLRFBLESS THAN thirty brazen little crybabies escaped the clutches of mummy and daddy to parked their prams in Hyde Park for their annual Teddybears Trump Picnic, whilst policemen in riot gear stood guard for the nasty big bogeymen from the UAF, who had threatened to turn up and spoil the fun of the little Angels and cherubs of the EDL's Hitler Pre-School Di […]
- Ambulance Targeting Was Based On Turkish DisinformationIt was an American-made helicopter abusing the name of a First Nations tribe which penetrated Syrian territory coming from Golan late June, in bright daylight approached a nameless Czech-made ambulance car, and fired a B7EV type air-to-ground missile killing a patient plus other inmates en route to a civilian hospital. One of many, too many casualties in a f […]
- Ex-Royal Military Policeman accused of harassing Sussex Police Commissioner KatySussex Police and Crime Commissioner Katy Bourne is being harassed by an ex- Royal Military Policeman, while Sussex Police stand by allowing it to continue.
- What is Grybauskaite silent about?As early as the beginning of the first presidential term, at the meeting with members of Lithuanian National Security and Defence Committee, Dalia Grybauskaite took up the question of making public materials, stored in the archives and connected with the activities of KGB and other secret services, worked in Lithuania. "Lustration has to be finished by […]
- Abu Sayyaf Release Australian Alternative Therapist for GoodDespite a recent surge of violence on the archipelago, militants in the Philippine Islands this week set free an Australian hostage they had held in captivity for three years. The 38 year old Raph Ader who had been vacationing in a local community aside from the overcrowded beaches was abducted during a speed boat round trip in the area, of which his wife ha […]
- Press release: Tenth anniversary of the MSC Napoli shipwreck disaster January 18, 2017It was a nightmare scenario – a huge container ship heading down the English Channel is severely damaged in a storm and forced to come ashore on Dorset’s famous Jurassic Coast – a World Heritage Coastline. The prospect didn’t bear thinking about. But that’s what happened on 20 January 2007, in a memorable maritime event that put the coastal village of Bransc […]
- Press release: Kent couple fined for breaching environmental permit January 17, 2017The two owners of S&P Motor Services, known as Bobbing Car Breakers, were each fined £1,350 and each told to pay £1,122 in costs, with a victim’s surcharge of £135 by Maidstone Magistrates’ Court after pleading guilty to breaching their environmental permit. The charges were brought against Mr Gary Pilcher and Mrs Valerie Pilcher, the operators of the si […]
- Press release: Oil and gas regulators to host public drop-in at Market Weighton January 17, 2017A group of public agencies is hosting a drop-in event in Market Weighton to explain how they work together to regulate the onshore oil and gas industry and protect communities and the environment. The Environment Agency, Health and Safety Executive, Oil and Gas Authority, and Public Health England are hosting the event at Market Weighton Community Centre on […]
- Press release: Angler caught without a licence reels in £1850 penalty January 16, 2017An illegal angler was fined £220 with £1638.41 costs on 11 January 2017 after being found guilty of fishing without a licence at Nottingham Magistrates’ court. 47 year old Stephen Newton from Hull was challenged by a fisheries enforcement officer while he was fishing at Cromwell Carp Lake in Newark on 24 April 2016. He failed to produce a valid licence to th […]
- Press release: Drop-in session ahead of construction phase of Dawlish beach management scheme January 16, 2017The public drop-in session takes place on Thursday 26 January, 3pm to 8pm, at Mount Pleasant Inn, Dawlish Warren. It will give residents the chance to find out about the £14 million Dawlish beach management scheme which gets underway this month, and how the Environment Agency and Teignbridge District Council are working together to complete the project by Se […]
- imdb.com/title/tt355397… 3 hours ago
- The powerful control the lives of the powerless. 3 hours ago
- RT @NIRPUmbrella: VENEZUELA: New 500, 5000 and 20,000 bolivar notes are being issued to deal with inflation, which IMF forecasts will reach… 6 hours ago
- RT @Snowden: Whoa: twitter.com/UNHumanRights/… 6 hours ago
- RT @Cowspiracy: The terminator advocating a plant-based diet! 🙌🏼 ow.ly/RsQW3086xIK 6 hours ago
- RT @HFCFilm: Because life is too short for bad food! hungryforchange.tv #hungryforchange 🍓🍒🍉 https://t.co/QH9LBpJGnH 10 hours ago
- @BBCEastScot @BBCScotlandNews @BBCNews Why a risk. More scaremongering from the government bureau 10 hours ago
- RT @cooldogfacts: The majority of dog owners would rather be stranded on desert isle w/their dog-not another person. #dogfact https://t.co/… 10 hours ago
Site Posts Calendar
Oxford Indymedia Events
No upcoming events
Climate Change Events
- Workshop on Technology-critical elements: Natural Cycles, Anthropogenic Sources and Environmental Impacts January 18, 2017 – January 19, 2017 Tel-Aviv, Israel
- American Meteorological Society Annual Meeting January 22, 2017 – January 26, 2017 Seattle, USA
- UNECE/EFG conference: International cooperation on natural resources February 9, 2017 – February 10, 2017 Brussels
- Using the UK research base to support evidence-based policymaking March 9, 2017 London, UK
- Joint Research Centre Erosion modelling workshop March 20, 2017 – March 22, 2017 Ispra , Italy
No upcoming events