Judge Rules Dog Burning Suspects Will Be Tried Together
[worldnow id=8086194 width=420 height=278 type=video]
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – It was one of the worst cases of animal cruelty known to have happened in North Texas. This past April, a 4-month old puppy was set on fire and left to die. Today the four suspects in the animal torture case were back before a judge.
Adrian Ayers, Darius Carey, Darius Ewing and Richard Valentine are the men accused of dousing a dog, later named “Justice”, with lighter fluid and setting the animal of fire.
Veterinarians with the animals advocate group DFW Rescue Me tried to keep the puppy alive. The group gave the male puppy the name Justice in memory of another dog that was set on fire in the Pleasant Grove area three years before.
The brindle-and-white colored dog suffered both second-degree and third-degree burns to 60-percent of his body — mostly on the legs, back and face. Initially Justice…
View original post 308 more words
- The Magnificent Seven: Food and beverage giants commit to water stewardship challenge October 27, 2016Sustainability advocacy group Ceres has tasked seven global food and beverage companies, including Diageo, General Mills, Kellogg and PepsiCo, to participate in a collaborative challenge aimed at strengthening sourcing and water stewardship action plans.
- AkzoNobel issues shipping industry's record number of carbon credits October 27, 2016Italian Shipping company Grimaldi Group has received the largest ever issuance from AkzoNobel's carbon credits scheme, which has seen 14 vessels presented with 109,617 carbon credits.
- Volkswagen pumps €20m into Sustainability Council and low-carbon aspirations October 26, 2016Volkswagen has this week continued its brand rebuilding process in the wake of dieselgate, by announcing a new €20m fund to finance projects related to lowering carbon emissions a meeting emissions regulations post-2025.
- CDP's Climate A List: Highlighting the business case for low-carbon commitments October 26, 2016Companies that feature in global disclosure organisation CDP's annual Climate A List - such as Sky, Apple, Tesco and Unilever - are producing 6% higher returns on average compared to other brands.
- Green building design is a smart business move, finds report October 26, 2016A reduction in sick days, an improvement in productivity and increased collaboration between workers are among some of the key business benefits that are being realised through 'healthy' and 'green' office design and operation.
- New innovation hub aims to commercialise closed-loop CO2 feedstock October 25, 2016A new open innovation programme was officially launched this week (24 October) that could see around 10% of global emissions funneled into a CO2 recycling initiative that aims to replace petroleum as a feedstock in the plastic manufacturing process.
- Squirrels and swingers: Colorado man defends his passions after police raid October 27, 2016Kendall Seifert says he’s being unfairly targeted after the state raided his unusual business premises, where he runs both a swingers club and a wildlife refugeKendall Seifert’s chief passions in life are squirrels and swingers. Or, to put it another way, wildlife and wild sex.For the last few years he has maintained this unusual combination of interests, pr […]Joanna Walters
- Guards for North Dakota pipeline could be charged for using dogs on activists October 26, 2016Private security guards who deployed guard dogs on protesters were not properly licensed and could face criminal charges, according to an investigationSupport our fearless, independent journalism with a contribution or by becoming a memberPrivate security guards who deployed dogs on protesters at a North Dakota oil pipeline demonstration were not properly li […]Sam Levin in San Francisco
- Dakota Access pipeline company and Donald Trump have close financial ties October 26, 2016Trump’s financial disclosure forms show he invested in Energy Transfer Partners, operators of the controversial pipeline, and its CEO donated to his campaignSupport our fearless, independent journalism with a contribution or by becoming a memberDonald Trump’s close financial ties to Energy Transfer Partners, operators of the controversial Dakota Access oil p […]Oliver Milman in New York
- Over 120 arrested at North Dakota pipeline protests, including journalists October 25, 2016Reporters and activists accused police of stifling free speech, saying they aggressively targeted nonviolent protesters with batons and pepper sprayNorth Dakota police arrested more than 120 people over the weekend at Native American oil pipeline protests, including film-makers and journalists, prompting accusations that law enforcement officials are stiflin […]Sam Levin in San Francisco
- Raw footage of mass arrests at North Dakota pipeline protest – video October 25, 2016Police arrested more than 120 people at a Native American oil pipeline protest at the Standing Rock reservation, including Sara Lafleur-Vetter, the journalist and film-maker who captured this video. Protesters say the proposed oil pipeline threatens the Standing Rock reservation’s water supply and cultural heritage Continue reading...Sara Lafleur-Vetter
- US funding new soldiers in wildlife trafficking war: giant rats October 25, 2016Elite rat team to begin by spotting illegal shipments of pangolins, the world’s most trafficked animal, at ports in TanzaniaThe US government will fund the training of a team of giant rats to combat illegal wildlife trafficking in Africa.An elite group of African giant pouched rats will be used at ports, initially in Tanzania, to detect illegal shipments of […]Oliver Milman
- Divest January 23, 2013Short title: Divest Our work is challenging Scottish finance to become more sustainable and democratic. Find out more. Background image:
- Dance For The Climate November 11, 2009In August 2009 over 10.000 people danced for the climate on the Ostend Beach in Belgium. By joining this global movement and adding your own dance video to this site, you make your own statement that we have to act now on climate change. read more
- News teaser September 29, 2009Contact the Friends of the Earth Scotland media office: During working hours: 0131 243 2719 Out of hours: 0131 243 2715 Go to the blog Share buttons: No buttons
- Our Successes August 11, 2009Our campaigns get noticed and without us Scotland would not have many of the environmental successes we have today. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Our Purpose August 11, 2009We are the leading organisation in Scotland that is working for environmental justice, campaigning for the planet and its people. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- #ANTIFA: #TEDDYBEARS #PICNIC @slatukip @dubdanu @siegfails @misscheeky666 @JLRFBLESS THAN thirty brazen little crybabies escaped the clutches of mummy and daddy to parked their prams in Hyde Park for their annual Teddybears Trump Picnic, whilst policemen in riot gear stood guard for the nasty big bogeymen from the UAF, who had threatened to turn up and spoil the fun of the little Angels and cherubs of the EDL's Hitler Pre-School Di […]
- Ambulance Targeting Was Based On Turkish DisinformationIt was an American-made helicopter abusing the name of a First Nations tribe which penetrated Syrian territory coming from Golan late June, in bright daylight approached a nameless Czech-made ambulance car, and fired a B7EV type air-to-ground missile killing a patient plus other inmates en route to a civilian hospital. One of many, too many casualties in a f […]
- Ex-Royal Military Policeman accused of harassing Sussex Police Commissioner KatySussex Police and Crime Commissioner Katy Bourne is being harassed by an ex- Royal Military Policeman, while Sussex Police stand by allowing it to continue.
- What is Grybauskaite silent about?As early as the beginning of the first presidential term, at the meeting with members of Lithuanian National Security and Defence Committee, Dalia Grybauskaite took up the question of making public materials, stored in the archives and connected with the activities of KGB and other secret services, worked in Lithuania. "Lustration has to be finished by […]
- Abu Sayyaf Release Australian Alternative Therapist for GoodDespite a recent surge of violence on the archipelago, militants in the Philippine Islands this week set free an Australian hostage they had held in captivity for three years. The 38 year old Raph Ader who had been vacationing in a local community aside from the overcrowded beaches was abducted during a speed boat round trip in the area, of which his wife ha […]
- Press release: Unlocking the River Severn for people and wildlife October 27, 2016A major new wildlife project to reopen the mighty River Severn has secured almost £20 million of funding – £10.8 million from the Heritage Lottery Fund and £6 million from the European Union LIFE programme. The scheme will re-open the mighty River Severn and its major tributary for fish and wildlife whilst reconnecting millions of people and local communitie […]
- Press release: Charlton residents to benefit from new flood warning gauge October 26, 2016The Environment Agency will be holding a drop-in for residents and businesses in Charlton, Worcestershire to talk about the risk of flash flooding in the area and a new community flood warning gauge which people can benefit from. The event will be held on the 1 November between 4pm and 7pm at: The Old School Room Ryden Lane Charlton WR10 3LP The new gauge mo […]
- Press release: Community event marks flood scheme official opening October 25, 2016A community celebration to officially open Brunton Park flood scheme in Newcastle has seen residents young and old join in the fun. The event – held at St Aidan’s Community Centre at Princes Road on Monday (24 Oct) - included cake, face painting, children’s activities and information stands as well as a wildlife area to find out more the wildlife in and arou […]
- Press release: Bank strengthening work starts in Collingham October 24, 2016Environment Agency contractors have started work on the banks of the River Wharfe in Collingham, near Wetherby, to repair damage to the river bank and protect flood defences. Work is underway to repair approximately 40 metres of river bank in Collingham adjacent to the flood defences at The Avenue, so that it is ready for the winter season. Contractors are e […]
- Press release: Thank you to the volunteers from the River Thames October 21, 2016As a ‘thank you’ to our volunteer lock keepers, the Environment Agency will be hosting a celebration on board the French Brothers ‘The New Queen of the Thames’, which is the largest boat on the Upper Thames. Demetri Somarakis, Environment Agency Thames Volunteer Team Project Manager, said: Our volunteers help ensure that the navigational Thames is running bo […]
- RT @ARCrusade: There are too many people counting #calories and not enough people counting #chemicals fb.me/1C2K11UDq 2 days ago
- RT @TorontoPigSave: "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed people can change the world." -Margaret Mead #pigtrial #beari… 2 days ago
- RT @mistervegan: Vegan at Burger King?! Really? peta.org/living/food/ve… 2 days ago
- Dawnwatch hanger17.wordpress.com/2016/10/21/daw… 6 days ago
- I liked a @YouTube video youtu.be/rOcJuiQx5JA?a Cross Country in a Gasser 1955 Chevy with a Hemi! - Roadkill Ep. 30 6 days ago
- Message from the underground hanger17.wordpress.com/2016/10/20/mes… 1 week ago
- RT @falke_jonathan4: 10 Best Dogs For Children mecklet.com/s17hcz-childre… 1 week ago
- Update from animal rights hanger17.wordpress.com/2016/10/12/upd… 2 weeks ago
Please answer poll
Site Posts Calendar
Oxford Indymedia Events
No upcoming events
Climate Change Events
- Convective and volcanic clouds detection, monitoring and modeling October 19, 2016 – October 28, 2016 Tarquinia, Italy
- 8th International Workshop on Planetary, Solar and Heliospheric Radio Emissions October 25, 2016 – October 27, 2016 Seggauberg, Austria
- 8th EGU Leonardo Conference: From evaporation to precipitation: the atmospheric moisture transport October 25, 2016 – October 27, 2016 Ourense, Spain
- PhD School on Ice Core Techniques (ICAT) 2.5 ECTS October 31, 2016 – November 6, 2016 Copenhagen, Denmark
- Risk Reduction for Resilient Cities November 3, 2016 – November 4, 2016 Bucharest, Romania
No upcoming events