Judge Rules Dog Burning Suspects Will Be Tried Together
Originally posted on CBS Dallas / Fort Worth:
[worldnow id=8086194 width=420 height=278 type=video]
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – It was one of the worst cases of animal cruelty known to have happened in North Texas. This past April, a 4-month old puppy was set on fire and left to die. Today the four suspects in the animal torture case were back before a judge.
Adrian Ayers, Darius Carey, Darius Ewing and Richard Valentine are the men accused of dousing a dog, later named “Justice”, with lighter fluid and setting the animal of fire.
Veterinarians with the animals advocate group DFW Rescue Me tried to keep the puppy alive. The group gave the male puppy the name Justice in memory of another dog that was set on fire in the Pleasant Grove area three years before.
The brindle-and-white colored dog suffered both second-degree and third-degree burns to 60-percent of his body — mostly on the legs, back and face. Initially Justice…
View original 308 more words
- Amazon' continues clean energy commitment with Web Services Wind Farm May 6, 2015Online retailer Amazon has reinforced its pledge to power its global data centres entirely from renewables after successfully closing financing for the development of a 150MW wind farm in the US.
- IEA: Governments must triple low-carbon spending May 5, 2015Public spending on low-carbon technology must be tripled if we are to stay within global warming limits, the International Energy Agency (IEA) has warned.
- Volkswagen revs up bid to become world's greenest carmaker May 5, 2015German carmaker Volkswagen has released its 2014 Sustainability Report, revealing good progress towards its plan to become "the world's most sustainable automobile company".
- Unilever's Sustainable Living Plan drives business growth May 5, 2015The business case for sustainability couldn't be clearer: Unilever's 'Sustainable Living' brands accounted for half of the company's growth in 2014 and grew at twice the rate of the rest of the business, chief executive Paul Polman has revealed.
- Stern warning: Emissions pledges too weak to stop global warming May 4, 2015The pledges made by major international emitters ahead of the Paris UN conference are not strong enough to limit global warming to 2C, according to team of researchers led by Nicholas Stern.
- UK leaps to third in world for large-scale solar May 1, 2015The UK now boasts the third largest utility-scale solar capacity in the world after a flurry of first quarter installations.
- Al Gore's business partner warns investors of fossil fuel risks May 6, 2015David Blood and Howard Covington separately warn fund managers they are sleepwalking into a future where climate change leaves fossil fuels unburnableTwo influential investment industry grandees are separately touring the City of London challenging fund managers and pension trustees to adopt radical new approaches to investments in some of the world’s larges […]Simon Bowers
- Smuggler caught in Indonesia with rare birds jammed inside water bottles May 6, 201521 live critically endangered yellow-crested cockatoos, and a green parrot found stashed inside luggage Indonesian police have arrested a suspected wildlife smuggler after discovering nearly two dozen rare live birds, mostly yellow-crested cockatoos, jammed inside plastic water bottles in his luggage.The 37-year-old man was stopped by police on Monday as he […]AFP
- ASA rules Greenpeace anti-fracking ad is misleading, citing Cameron claims May 6, 2015Advertising watchdog ruled advert’s claim that fracking won’t cut energy bills was misleading because a David Cameron quote to the contrary proved opinion was dividedA Greenpeace advert saying fracking will not cut energy prices was misleading because David Cameron argues otherwise, the UK advertising watchdog has ruled. Continue reading...Karl Mathiesen
- Arctic ice melting faster and earlier as scientists demand action May 5, 2015Arctic returns to warm period with trend over the decades continuing to show temperatures getting hotter and ice melting faster, scientists sayThere was less ice in the Arctic this winter than in any other winter during the satellite era, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration scientists said on Tuesday.The announcement was consistent with previous […]Rose Hackman in New York
- Greenpeace India could close within a month due to government crackdown May 5, 2015Organisation faces 340 job losses in what would be the only forced closure since it was founded in 1971 because Indian government has frozen its bank accountsGreenpeace India will be forced to close within a month with the loss of 340 jobs because of a government crackdown on its funding, the organisation’s chief has warned.The Indian home ministry froze sev […]Adam Vaughan
- French ambassador urges Australia to join climate change battle May 6, 2015Christophe Lecourtier says he is optimistic about Australia’s ‘momentum’ and it joining a ‘coalition of countries’France’s ambassador has called on Australia to join the effort to avoid dangerous climate change, saying his country’s leaders had repeatedly raised the issue with the prime minister, Tony Abbott.Christophe Lecourtier said he was optimistic Austr […]Oliver Milman
- Finance January 23, 2013Short title: Finance Our work is challenging Scottish finance to become more sustainable and democratic. Find out more. Background image:
- Dance For The Climate November 11, 2009In August 2009 over 10.000 people danced for the climate on the Ostend Beach in Belgium. By joining this global movement and adding your own dance video to this site, you make your own statement that we have to act now on climate change. read more
- News teaser September 29, 2009Contact the Friends of the Earth Scotland media office: During working hours: 0131 243 2719 Out of hours: 0131 243 2715 Go to the blog Share buttons: No buttons
- Our Successes August 11, 2009Our campaigns get noticed and without us Scotland would not have many of the environmental successes we have today. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Our Purpose August 11, 2009We are the leading organisation in Scotland that is working for environmental justice, campaigning for the planet and its people. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Casualties among the Afghan military men due to aerial operations of USAFAfghan tides of war
- Lawlessness, hatred and violence. But is it the way to go, Merica?"Black America. Our country. Our rules "
- A call for the self-representations of autonomous projectscall out for infosharing
- Monsanto advances from the Eastern FrontPrepare to GMO invasion into EU. This time it comes from the East
- Consumer loses in Court of AppealIn London on the 23rd April 2015, the Court of Appeal handed down a judgement that will have a drastic impact on parking charges that can be levied by private parking companies. In the unanimous judgement, the court ruled that an £85 parking ticket for overstaying the parking limit, in what was otherwise a free car park, was a legal charge. This is bad news […]
- Press release: Nottinghamshire landfill site shut down after enforcement action March 30, 2015Enforcement action led to a formal caution and a legal agreement resulting in the closure of a landfill site in Nottinghamshire, the Environment Agency announced today (27 March). In June 2013 the Environment Agency found that FCC Recycling (UK) Limited (also trading as FCC Environment), who operated the Dorket Head Landfill site in Arnold Nottinghamshire, h […]
- Press release: Lincoln man guilty of dumping waste near Leicestershire river March 30, 2015On 26 March 2015, Frank Nicklinson, 39, from Lincoln pleaded guilty at Leicester Magistrates Court to two offences relating to the illegal transportation and dumping of controlled waste on land at Lounge Colliery, Ashby Road, Ashby de la Zouch on 5 August 2014. Mr Nicklinson received a fine of £660, was ordered to pay costs of £1700 and a victim surcharge of […]
- Press release: Help plan the future and protect our environment - join the flood and coastal committee March 27, 2015This is an exciting opportunity for someone to support the Environment Agency and local authorities to create partnerships that fund and deliver projects for communities at risk. The RFCC plays a critical role in deciding local priorities for flood and coastal erosion risk management. One of the 3 new members will ideally be a conservation representative who […]
- Press release: Multi-agency clamp down on illegal scrap metal operators in Boston March 27, 2015The Environment Agency worked with Boston Borough Council, Lincolnshire County Council and Lincolnshire Police on 26 March to put a stop to illegal activity - and keep a level playing field for legitimate businesses to operate in the waste vehicle dismantling sector. Officers visited illegal vehicle dismantlers and unlicensed scrap metal dealers and carriers […]
- Press release: Waste company owner given suspended prison sentence for waste tyre offences March 25, 2015Andrew Mayhew pleaded guilty to 5 offences at Plymouth Crown Court of running a waste operation without the necessary permits, which involved dumping large numbers of tyres at several different sites including Hill Barton Business Park, Exeter; Moor Barton Farm in Tiverton, as well as Dawlish, North Tawton, and Hayedown industrial estate, Tavistock. At the h […]
- I'm giving away free Vax vac cleaner @ bit.ly/1JMCwqF 1 day ago
- I'm giving away free DVD player with remote @ bit.ly/1JKDgcj 1 week ago
- SEXY CELEBRITY REVEALS TO INMATES THE VALUE OF EATING VEGAN wp.me/pPEwS-2pe 2 weeks ago
- The Week in Animal Rights wp.me/pPEwS-2pc 2 weeks ago
- Vegans, Animal Rights and Feminism: An unfortunately losing combination wp.me/pPEwS-2p9 2 weeks ago
- The Sexiest Vegan Next Door: 14 Days to Vote wp.me/pPEwS-2p6 2 weeks ago
- Bird Flu Outbreak in Ontario Farm wp.me/pPEwS-2p3 2 weeks ago
- Trust but Verify… wp.me/pPEwS-2oZ 2 weeks ago
Please answer poll
Site Posts Calendar
Oxford Indymedia Events
No upcoming events
Climate Change Events
- Joint Assembly AGU-GAC-MAC-CGU May 3, 2015 – May 8, 2015 Montreal, Canada
- Comparative Tectonics and Geodynamics of Venus, Earth, and Rocky Exoplanets Workshop May 4, 2015 – May 7, 2015 Pasadena, California, USA
- 47th Liège Colloquium on Ocean Dynamics: "Marine Environmental Mo nitoring, Modelling and Prediction" May 4, 2015 – May 9, 2015 Liège, Belgium
- Liège Colloquium on Marine Environmental Monitoring, Modelling a nd Prediction May 4, 2015 – May 9, 2015 Liège, Belgium
- Cordilleran Section GSA 11th Annual Meeting May 11, 2015 – May 14, 2015 Anchorage, Alaska, USA
- IFC Sustainability Exchange May 20, 2015 at 9:00 am – May 21, 2015 at 5:00 pm , Washington, United States
- IWRA World Water Congress XV May 25, 2015 at 12:00 am – May 29, 2015 at 12:00 am , Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- WPC Leadership Conference May 26, 2015 at 9:00 am – May 28, 2015 at 6:00 pm , Tromso, Norway
- UNFCCC ADP 2-9 June 1, 2015 at 12:00 am – June 11, 2015 at 12:00 am , Bonn, Germany
- Proteus Partnership Annual General Meeting June 9, 2015 at 9:00 am – June 10, 2015 at 5:00 pm , London, United Kingdom
- CSBI meeting June 11, 2015 at 9:00 am – June 12, 2015 at 5:00 pm , London, United Kingdom