Judge Rules Dog Burning Suspects Will Be Tried Together
Originally posted on CBS Dallas / Fort Worth:
[worldnow id=8086194 width=420 height=278 type=video]
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – It was one of the worst cases of animal cruelty known to have happened in North Texas. This past April, a 4-month old puppy was set on fire and left to die. Today the four suspects in the animal torture case were back before a judge.
Adrian Ayers, Darius Carey, Darius Ewing and Richard Valentine are the men accused of dousing a dog, later named “Justice”, with lighter fluid and setting the animal of fire.
Veterinarians with the animals advocate group DFW Rescue Me tried to keep the puppy alive. The group gave the male puppy the name Justice in memory of another dog that was set on fire in the Pleasant Grove area three years before.
The brindle-and-white colored dog suffered both second-degree and third-degree burns to 60-percent of his body — mostly on the legs, back and face. Initially Justice…
View original 308 more words
- Could cutting meat from our diets bridge a post-Paris 'emissions gap'? November 26, 2015A dietary change that relieves the demand for animal protein could play an instrumental role in plugging the post-Paris emissions gap, according to a new report from independent policy institute Chatham House.
- Fossil fuel companies risking $2trn in 'unnecessary' investments November 26, 2015A perfect storm of climate movements could see fossil fuel companies waste more than $2trn by pursuing projects in a potential world where there is no need for coal mines and oil prices have peaked, the Carbon Tracker Initiative has warned.
- Autumn Statement and Spending Review: The green business wish list November 24, 2015Chancellor George Osborne will deliver his update on the Government's plans for the economy, known as the Autumn Statement, in Parliament today. The hopes are high, but expectations are seemingly low among green groups and industry.
- Businesses lay out key Paris proposals to avoid 'zombie' scenario November 24, 2015The business community has released a set of ambitious proposals they wish to be included in the final Paris agreement, as a climate think-tank sets out the three possible scenarios that will arise from the talks.
- More than half of global clean energy investment flowing to emerging markets November 24, 2015Emerging markets attracted more clean energy investment than wealthy countries for the first time ever in 2014, according to a new report.
- Amazon Web Services adds 100MW wind farm to booming renewables portfolio November 24, 2015Amazon's cloud computing business, Amazon Web Services (AWS), has contracted US energy firm EDP Renewables to construct and operate a 100MW wind farm in Ohio.
- Thom Yorke: Tony Blair advisers tried to force me to meet the PM November 25, 2015Radiohead frontman and environmental campaigner has spoken out about the difficulties he faced when asking politicians to acknowledge climate changeThom Yorke has claimed that advisers to Tony Blair tried to force him to meet the former prime minister in 2003.The Radiohead singer’s comments, which were made in an interview between him and Guardian columnist […]Hannah Ellis-Petersen
- World Bank calls for $16bn to help Africa weather the effects of climate change November 25, 2015Africa climate business plan, emphasising clean energy, efficient farming and urban protection, will be launched by World Bank chief at Paris climate talksThe World Bank has devised a $16bn (£10.6bn) strategy designed to help Africa adapt to climate change and prevent millions of people from sliding into poverty.By fast-tracking clean energy, efficient farmi […]John Vidal
- Australia deploys drones to track sharks and prevent attacks November 25, 2015Trials taking place in New South Wales also include hi-tech drum lines that will hook sharks and allow for them to be quickly tagged and relocated Shark-tracking drones are being deployed to protect Australia’s beachgoers following a series of attacks on surfers. Trials will begin next week as part of a strategy by the New South Wales (NSW) government, which […]Caroline Davies
- UK cancels pioneering £1bn carbon capture and storage competition November 25, 2015Conservative government breaks manifesto promise on project to capture emissions from fossil fuel plants, days ahead of UN climate summit in ParisThe UK government has cancelled its £1bn competition for carbon capture and storage (CCS) technology just six months before it was due to be awarded, breaking a pledge in the Conservative party’s election manifesto […]Damian Carrington
- Autumn statement and spending review – the key points at a glance November 25, 2015George Osborne has unveiled the results of the government’s spending review; here we analyse the key points in 25 main areas Continue reading...Jill Treanor and Rowena Mason
- Global emissions nearly stall after a decade of rapid growth, report shows November 25, 2015Slowdown in 2014 is attributed to lack of growth in Chinese coal use and signals new period of slower rises in world emissions, say expertsThe growth of global carbon emissions virtually stalled last year after a decade of rising rapidly, figures published on Wednesday show, just days before world leaders meet in Paris for international talks on climate chan […]Adam Vaughan and Arthur Neslen, Brussels
- Finance January 23, 2013Short title: Finance Our work is challenging Scottish finance to become more sustainable and democratic. Find out more. Background image:
- Dance For The Climate November 11, 2009In August 2009 over 10.000 people danced for the climate on the Ostend Beach in Belgium. By joining this global movement and adding your own dance video to this site, you make your own statement that we have to act now on climate change. read more
- News teaser September 29, 2009Contact the Friends of the Earth Scotland media office: During working hours: 0131 243 2719 Out of hours: 0131 243 2715 Go to the blog Share buttons: No buttons
- Our Successes August 11, 2009Our campaigns get noticed and without us Scotland would not have many of the environmental successes we have today. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Our Purpose August 11, 2009We are the leading organisation in Scotland that is working for environmental justice, campaigning for the planet and its people. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Press release: Suffolk slurry pollution leads to fine November 25, 2015The Environment Agency told Ipswich Magistrates’ Court yesterday (24 Nov) that the owners of the farm, Great Lodge Farm Ltd, had been negligent. The company from Framlingham was fined £6,000 and ordered to pay £4,474 costs after pleading guilty to breaching environmental permitting regulations. In December 2014 staff from the Environment Agency saw the river […]
- Press release: Public invited to Essex waste facility consultation drop-in November 24, 2015Gent Fairhead & Co. Ltd has applied to the Environment Agency for an environmental permit to operate the facility there. On Wednesday 2 December between 2pm and 7pm Environment Agency staff will be at the drop-in at Silver End Village Hall, Broadway CM8 3RQ to discuss the proposals with people and explain their role in permitting and regulating this type […]
- Press release: Married couple and company must pay £130,000 for waste crime November 23, 2015Two married company directors and their company have been ordered to pay £130,000 for illegally exporting 187 tonnes of hazardous electronic waste to 6 African countries between 2011 and 2015. Mark Daniels, one half of the married couple, was also given a 9 month suspended sentence. The prosecution was brought by the Environment Agency after their officers f […]
- Press release: Massive fines for illegal tipping offences November 20, 2015The case was brought by the Environment Agency. Farmers David Stroud and Darren Pearce and waste haulier, Andrew Duncan, who runs haulage company Dunchaul Limited, were caught following a detailed investigation by the Environment Agency that revealed how they had deposited tonnes of demolition and construction waste in the Cornish countryside. Anyone who dep […]
- Press release: Thrill-seekers taking ‘storm selfies’ are risking lives November 17, 2015As Storm Barney hits Britain, the two organisations are urging thrill-seekers not to put themselves at risk by taking photographs of themselves along wave-battered promenades and breakwaters. On Tuesday (17 November) afternoon and evening, gale or severe gale force westerly winds are expected to generate large waves around exposed coasts in south-west Englan […]
- This morning. https://t.co/vJUshBRmuy 3 days ago
- £13 in the US but £27 in Scotland. An Islay whisky. Thanks SNP for the taxing. #SNP #malt #whisky https://t.co/bIHT3m8pKh 4 days ago
- Clyde earlier today. https://t.co/5Uie0ztj0R 4 days ago
- Why doesn't SNP reduce the tax on whisky that stiffles growth. Why the 75% tax. #SNP #whisky 4 days ago
- Netherburn, South Lanarkshire. #SLC #SNP https://t.co/N575mWp74D 5 days ago
- One of my favourites. #malt #jura https://t.co/wPCbuhq6uo 5 days ago
- Scotch Whisky costs £10.85, the Government takes more than 75% in tax. 6 days ago
- Scotch Whisky is taxed more heavily than other alcoholic drinks. The annual excise 'escalator' should be abolished and duty frozen. 6 days ago
Please answer poll
Site Posts Calendar
Oxford Indymedia Events
- Close Campsfield NOW! November 28, 2015 at 12:00 pm Campsfield House Immigration Detention Centre, Langford Lane, Kidlingto...
Climate Change Events
- Riding the Wave: SGTSG structure and tectonics conference 2015 November 22, 2015 – November 27, 2015 Caloundra, Queensland, Australia
- Riding the Wave: SGTSG structure and tectonics conference 2015 November 22, 2015 – November 27, 2015 Caloundra, Australia
- Twelfth European Space Weather Week November 23, 2015 – November 27, 2015 Ostend, Belgium
- ESO Workshop: Solar system as seen by the ELTs November 30, 2015 – December 4, 2015 Garching, Germany
- 5th International Alluvial Fans Meeting November 30, 2015 – December 4, 2015 Christchurch, New Zealand
- UNFCCC COP 21 November 30, 2015 at 12:00 am – December 11, 2015 at 12:00 am , Paris, France
- Sub-Committee of Experts on the Transport of Dangerous Goods (48th session) November 30, 2015 at 9:00 am – December 9, 2015 at 5:00 pm , Geneva, Switzerland
- COP-21 side event: Low-emissions pathways and the role of oil and gas December 4, 2015 at 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm IETA-WBCSD Business Hub, Paris, France
- Global Landscapes Forum 2015 December 5, 2015 at 9:00 am – December 6, 2015 at 5:00 pm Paris, , France
- International Petroleum Technology Conference (IPTC): Technology and n Partnerships for a Sustainable Energy Future December 6, 2015 at 12:00 am – December 9, 2015 at 12:00 am Qatar National Convention Centre, Doha, Qatar
- 9th International Petroleum Technology Conference (IPTC) December 6, 2015 at 9:00 am – December 9, 2015 at 5:00 pm , Doha, Qatar