ROYAL RED BRIGADE – Give Into The Violence CD
Originally posted on Profane Existence:
The fact that this starts with a mid-paced battle-hymn sing-a-long is pretty deceiving. Once track 2(A Love Radio) kicks in, your ears get blasted with an explosion of angsty barroom rock and roll! Track 4 slows down a bit. Maybe it’s to give you a breather and to make sure you don’t wreck the living room. After this they slowly build up tempo and take off full speed again by Sickness, track 6. RRB leave nothing to the listeners imagination while belting out jam after jam of nasty unapologetic grit rock complete with kick ass guitar solos. Every time I listen to this CD is gets better and better and the riffs seem to pop out more and the overall writing make more sense. It wouldn’t surprise me if Tesco Vee was a fan of these guys. Even though they’re from Regina, Saskatchewan I would swear they were based in…
View original 71 more words
- New energy storage solution space-bound April 27, 2015The European Space Agency (ESA) has chosen a new energy storage technology for possible orbit in 2018 which is expected to cut mission costs and improve energy efficiency.
- AkzoNobel makes waves with carbon credits scheme April 27, 2015Spanish ferry operator Balearia has signed up to AkzoNobel's landmark program which financially incentivises ship owners to reduce carbon emissions by earning carbon credits.
- US installs three times as much renewable capacity as fossil fuels April 27, 2015Renewable energy sources accounted for more than three quarters of new capacity installed in the US in the first quarter of 2015.
- Samsung investigating circular business models April 24, 2015EXCLUSIVE: The world's largest electronics manufacturer is considering the adoption of innovative business models such as servitisation and leasing schemes in a bid to cut e-waste and create more resilient revenue streams.
- Nestle achieves zero waste to landfill in the US April 24, 2015Nestle has achieved zero waste to landfill in all of its US factories as part of its ongoing commitment to reducing the environmental impact of its products.
- RB struggles to align social and sustainability goals April 24, 2015Global consumer goods firm RB has reported mixed successes on progress towards its environmental targets in its 2014 Sustainability Report, released on Thursday.
- Vatican climate change summit to highlight moral duty for action April 28, 2015Religious leaders and scientists to attend Protect the Earth, Dignify Humanity meeting which will focus on duty of faithful to address global warmingThe Vatican is hosting a climate change summit that will focus on the need for decisive action to combat global warming as a moral imperative and Christian duty, especially given its impact on poor people.The Pr […]Stephanie Kirchgaessner in Rome
- Prince Charles on brink of ending all fossil fuel investments April 28, 2015Prince of Wales’ move comes as seven UK-based charitable foundations announce their fossil fuel divestment on financial and ethical groundsThe Prince of Wales is on the brink of eradicating all fossil fuel investments from his financial holdings, becoming the latest high-profile addition to a fast-growing and UN-backed divestment campaign. It is calling on i […]Damian Carrington
- UK installed more solar power than any other European country in 2014 April 28, 2015But solar trade body warns that installation rates across the continent have fallen sharply as governments cut subsidies, reports BusinessGreenThe UK installed more new solar power capacity than any other European country last year and is on track to retain its top-ranking position this year, due to a rush to complete projects ahead of deep cuts to subsidies […]Jessica Shankleman for BusinessGreen, part of the Guardian Environment Network
- Hundreds of millions of acres of world's forest could be lost by 2030, say WWF April 28, 2015Conservationists identify 11 hotspots that could sustain 80% of protected global forest losses over the next two decadesHundreds of millions of acres of forest could be lost in the next two decades in less than a dozen global hotspots for deforestation, conservationists have warned.Research by wildlife charity WWF has identified 11 “deforestation fronts” whe […]Press Association
- Nearly half of top pension funds gambling on climate change April 28, 2015Index produced by thinktank shows just under 50% of investors take no measures to protect assets from expected climate-related market shiftsAlmost half the world’s top pension funds are taking an ill-advised gamble on climate change, according to a financial thinktank.The Asset Owners Disclosure Project’s (AODP) annual index of 500 of the largest global asse […]Karl Mathiesen
- New York state to turn lights out for migrating birds April 28, 2015State-owned buildings will turn off non-essential lights to help birds travelling up the Atlantic Flyway avoid becoming disorientated and crashingOn their arduous flights North to their breeding grounds, birds migrating up the US East Coast will have one less peril to worry about - bright lights from state-owned and -managed buildings in New York. New York g […]Reuters
- Finance January 23, 2013Short title: Finance Our work is challenging Scottish finance to become more sustainable and democratic. Find out more. Background image:
- Dance For The Climate November 11, 2009In August 2009 over 10.000 people danced for the climate on the Ostend Beach in Belgium. By joining this global movement and adding your own dance video to this site, you make your own statement that we have to act now on climate change. read more
- News teaser September 29, 2009Contact the Friends of the Earth Scotland media office: During working hours: 0131 243 2719 Out of hours: 0131 243 2715 Go to the blog Share buttons: No buttons
- Our Successes August 11, 2009Our campaigns get noticed and without us Scotland would not have many of the environmental successes we have today. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Our Purpose August 11, 2009We are the leading organisation in Scotland that is working for environmental justice, campaigning for the planet and its people. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- New Munich : a Dream of Chamerlain and Daladier comes trueEarlier I wrote about the process of EU transformation into a giant American ghetto here : http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-1225269 This is how it's really going on
- Aftershocks Pummel Highly Indebted Nepal: Poor Country Spends 217 Million AnnualAs Nepal experiences aftershocks from Saturday's earthquake, it may find relief in the IMF's Catastrophe Containment and Relief Trust, a fund that cancels the debt of poor countries in crisis.
- Philippine Women's Group Gabriela blast President AquinoA WOMEN’S group on Thursday criticized President Benigno Aquino III for comparing her mother, the late President Corazon Aquino, to Gabriela Silang, the first Filipino woman revolutionary leader.
- The BBC, Ricky Dearman And Mind Control AgendaWithout doubt the BBC and Disney are pure evil. The latest cover up by them to discredit the credibility of ricky dearman being involved in a satanic ring is unacceptable
- Screws cars damaged in BristolScrews cars damaged in Bristol
- Press release: Nottinghamshire landfill site shut down after enforcement action March 30, 2015Enforcement action led to a formal caution and a legal agreement resulting in the closure of a landfill site in Nottinghamshire, the Environment Agency announced today (27 March). In June 2013 the Environment Agency found that FCC Recycling (UK) Limited (also trading as FCC Environment), who operated the Dorket Head Landfill site in Arnold Nottinghamshire, h […]
- Press release: Lincoln man guilty of dumping waste near Leicestershire river March 30, 2015On 26 March 2015, Frank Nicklinson, 39, from Lincoln pleaded guilty at Leicester Magistrates Court to two offences relating to the illegal transportation and dumping of controlled waste on land at Lounge Colliery, Ashby Road, Ashby de la Zouch on 5 August 2014. Mr Nicklinson received a fine of £660, was ordered to pay costs of £1700 and a victim surcharge of […]
- Press release: Help plan the future and protect our environment - join the flood and coastal committee March 27, 2015This is an exciting opportunity for someone to support the Environment Agency and local authorities to create partnerships that fund and deliver projects for communities at risk. The RFCC plays a critical role in deciding local priorities for flood and coastal erosion risk management. One of the 3 new members will ideally be a conservation representative who […]
- Press release: Multi-agency clamp down on illegal scrap metal operators in Boston March 27, 2015The Environment Agency worked with Boston Borough Council, Lincolnshire County Council and Lincolnshire Police on 26 March to put a stop to illegal activity - and keep a level playing field for legitimate businesses to operate in the waste vehicle dismantling sector. Officers visited illegal vehicle dismantlers and unlicensed scrap metal dealers and carriers […]
- Press release: Waste company owner given suspended prison sentence for waste tyre offences March 25, 2015Andrew Mayhew pleaded guilty to 5 offences at Plymouth Crown Court of running a waste operation without the necessary permits, which involved dumping large numbers of tyres at several different sites including Hill Barton Business Park, Exeter; Moor Barton Farm in Tiverton, as well as Dawlish, North Tawton, and Hayedown industrial estate, Tavistock. At the h […]
- I'm giving away free DVD player with remote @ bit.ly/1JKDgcj 19 hours ago
- SEXY CELEBRITY REVEALS TO INMATES THE VALUE OF EATING VEGAN wp.me/pPEwS-2pe 1 week ago
- The Week in Animal Rights wp.me/pPEwS-2pc 1 week ago
- Vegans, Animal Rights and Feminism: An unfortunately losing combination wp.me/pPEwS-2p9 1 week ago
- The Sexiest Vegan Next Door: 14 Days to Vote wp.me/pPEwS-2p6 1 week ago
- Bird Flu Outbreak in Ontario Farm wp.me/pPEwS-2p3 1 week ago
- Trust but Verify… wp.me/pPEwS-2oZ 1 week ago
- 1968 – A Year of Historical Significance wp.me/pPEwS-2oU 1 week ago
Please answer poll
Site Posts Calendar
Oxford Indymedia Events
No upcoming events
Climate Change Events
- Joint Assembly AGU-GAC-MAC-CGU May 3, 2015 – May 8, 2015 Montreal, Canada
- Liège Colloquium on Marine Environmental Monitoring, Modelling a nd Prediction May 4, 2015 – May 9, 2015 Liège, Belgium
- 47th Liège Colloquium on Ocean Dynamics: "Marine Environmental Mo nitoring, Modelling and Prediction" May 4, 2015 – May 9, 2015 Liège, Belgium
- Comparative Tectonics and Geodynamics of Venus, Earth, and Rocky Exoplanets Workshop May 4, 2015 – May 7, 2015 Pasadena, California, USA
- Cordilleran Section GSA 11th Annual Meeting May 11, 2015 – May 14, 2015 Anchorage, Alaska, USA
- IFC Sustainability Exchange May 20, 2015 at 9:00 am – May 21, 2015 at 5:00 pm , Washington, United States
- IWRA World Water Congress XV May 25, 2015 at 12:00 am – May 29, 2015 at 12:00 am , Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- WPC Leadership Conference May 26, 2015 at 9:00 am – May 28, 2015 at 6:00 pm , Tromso, Norway
- UNFCCC ADP 2-9 June 1, 2015 at 12:00 am – June 11, 2015 at 12:00 am , Bonn, Germany
- Proteus Partnership Annual General Meeting June 9, 2015 at 9:00 am – June 10, 2015 at 5:00 pm , London, United Kingdom
- CSBI meeting June 11, 2015 at 9:00 am – June 12, 2015 at 5:00 pm , London, United Kingdom