ROYAL RED BRIGADE – Give Into The Violence CD
Originally posted on Profane Existence:
The fact that this starts with a mid-paced battle-hymn sing-a-long is pretty deceiving. Once track 2(A Love Radio) kicks in, your ears get blasted with an explosion of angsty barroom rock and roll! Track 4 slows down a bit. Maybe it’s to give you a breather and to make sure you don’t wreck the living room. After this they slowly build up tempo and take off full speed again by Sickness, track 6. RRB leave nothing to the listeners imagination while belting out jam after jam of nasty unapologetic grit rock complete with kick ass guitar solos. Every time I listen to this CD is gets better and better and the riffs seem to pop out more and the overall writing make more sense. It wouldn’t surprise me if Tesco Vee was a fan of these guys. Even though they’re from Regina, Saskatchewan I would swear they were based in…
View original 71 more words
- Shell and Gazprom among companies backing 2C limit September 3, 2015More than a third of the world's largest listed companies, including major fossil fuel producers, say they would support an international deal limiting global warming to 2 degrees, according to research by CDP.
- Electric cars could feed power back into grid through wireless 'antennas' September 2, 2015German researchers have unveiled a prototype wireless system that allows a car to receive and discharge power to the grid from coils under a road or parking space.
- Food giant General Mills announces 10-year plan to slash emissions by 28% September 2, 2015US food producer General Mills has announced that it aims to reduce its greenhouse gas emissions by 28% across the entirety of its value chain in the next 10 years.
- India set to save £580m by installing 20 million LED streetlights September 2, 2015India's Ministry of Power has announced it will replace all conventional lightbulbs in streetlights and the domestic sector with LED bulbs by 2017.
- Tumbling renewable energy costs close in on fossil fuels September 1, 2015The cost of generating electricity from renewable resources such as solar and wind has more than halved in the last five years according to the International Energy Association.
- New US regulations could prevent 6,400 tonnes of hazardous waste entering waterways September 1, 2015The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has proposed two new rules banning healthcare facilities from flushing their hazardous waste pharmaceuticals down the drain, to help protect drinking and surface water.
- Scientists reveal there are 3tn trees in the world in latest count September 2, 2015Most accurate count to date is over seven times higher than last estimate – but almost half have been cut down since the start of civilisation, say scientistsScientists have already calculated how many fish there are in the sea (230,000 species), and how many species there are on the planet overall (8.7m). Now they have had a crack at counting all of the wor […]Adam Vaughan
- Fat cat pay at fossil fuel companies drives climate crisis – report September 2, 2015Huge CEO salaries at US firms incentivise expanding carbon reserves but not moves towards clean energy, says thinktankExecutive pay at fossil fuel companies rewards corporate behavior that deepens the climate crisis, and offers no incentive to shift towards renewable energy, a Washington thinktank said on Wednesday.Executives at the 30 biggest publicly held […]Suzanne Goldenberg
- Obama plans to announce climate change strategy on last day in Alaska September 2, 2015Fact sheet outlining initiatives, including community grants and systems to counteract effects of global warming in Arctic, did not address oil drillingOn the final day of his trip to Alaska, President Obama was set to announce a slate of initiatives to help remote Arctic communities beset by the effects of climate change. Related: Barack Obama in Alaska: gl […]Amanda Holpuch in New York
- Experts call for immediate halt to £7,000-per-badger cull September 2, 2015Three top scientists who lead the government’s research on badger control join experts condemning cull Three senior scientists who collectively produced two decades of government research on controlling badgers to reduce bovine TB are among a group of eminent experts to call for an immediate halt to the badger cull. The intervention comes as figures reveal t […]Patrick Barkham
- Indonesia pledges to cut carbon emissions 29% by 2030 September 2, 2015Details of pledge remain unclear for country that is likely to play a key role in Paris climate talksIndonesia will pledge to cut its greenhouse gas emissions 29% by 2030 the environment and forestry minister said on Wednesday, but gave few details on how this would be done. Indonesia, ranked third in the amount of land covered by tropical forests and the wo […]Reuters
- Blue whale caught on camera in English waters 'for the first time' September 2, 2015Oceanographers claim grainy pictures showing world’s largest animal 250 miles off the coast are first since it was hunted to near-extinction The great creature surfaced from the murk of a deep-sea canyon, lingered just long enough for observers to grab a few pictures, and then vanished from sight into the fog and rain.Oceanographers believe these grainy phot […]Steven Morris
- Finance January 23, 2013Short title: Finance Our work is challenging Scottish finance to become more sustainable and democratic. Find out more. Background image:
- Dance For The Climate November 11, 2009In August 2009 over 10.000 people danced for the climate on the Ostend Beach in Belgium. By joining this global movement and adding your own dance video to this site, you make your own statement that we have to act now on climate change. read more
- News teaser September 29, 2009Contact the Friends of the Earth Scotland media office: During working hours: 0131 243 2719 Out of hours: 0131 243 2715 Go to the blog Share buttons: No buttons
- Our Successes August 11, 2009Our campaigns get noticed and without us Scotland would not have many of the environmental successes we have today. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Our Purpose August 11, 2009We are the leading organisation in Scotland that is working for environmental justice, campaigning for the planet and its people. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Left is dead, -again-.Left is dead, -again-. English version of political analysis in Greece, from collective for social anarchism «Black & Red» [Thessaloniki July 2015]
- Handbook for student radicalsNew publication on student organising! Get it here - http://studenthandbook.ourproject.org
- Sweden has refused to disclose information on military crimes of the Ukrainian AIt’s been a well-known fact for quite a while that mercenaries from all round the world were fighting with Ukrainian Army. Nobody is trying to conceal it. As for their involvement in war crimes (tortures, massacre of civilians and shootings of POWs, etc.), it hasn’t been confirmed so far.
- San Francisco 9/11 Truth Film Festival to be streamed online Sept 10thSan Francisco Bay Area 9/11 Truth Film Festival Thursday, Sept 10th 20:00 GMT THIS YEAR’S FILM FESTIVAL WILL EXPLORE 9/11 & MORE RECENT SUSPECTED FALSE FLAGS 9 Hours of Films and Speakers Web Stream Ticket includes Archives for 21 days afterwards WATCH ONLINE -- Details: http://noliesradio.org/filmfestival
- North East EDL exposed Sunderland and Billingham membersInfo on North East EDL members from Sunderland and Billingham
- Press release: Does your oil tank leak? September 2, 2015It is also the time of year when the Environment Agency urges people to check their oil tanks to protect the environment and reduce the risk of potentially large financial losses. Leaked oil can end up in drains, many of which lead directly to rivers, streams, lakes and even garden ponds, having the same effect as pouring it directly into the watercourse. Oi […]
- Press release: Survey competition reaps rewards on Tees September 2, 2015Eighty anglers took part in the Environment Agency’s ‘Survey Match’ on Sunday – which saw competitors record the species, numbers and weights of fish caught. This provides valuable data to the Environment Agency and Tees River Trust to help in the management of the river and inform future fisheries projects for the River Tees. Anglers who returned a survey c […]
- Press release: Slough Flood Alleviation Scheme: have your say September 1, 2015The Environment Agency and Slough Borough Council are offering local residents, businesses and community groups the chance to comment on potential options for a proposed flood alleviation scheme in Slough. There are over 2,500 properties at risk of river and surface water flooding in Slough with floods experienced as recently as 2009, 2012 and 2014. The Envi […]
- Press release: Yorkshire anglers caught in fishing licence blitz August 24, 2015Environment Agency fisheries enforcement teams continued their clampdown on illegal fishing over the weekend in Yorkshire. Enforcement officers visited 18 fisheries across the region on Saturday 22 August and Sunday 23 August, checking a total of 235 anglers. Officers reported 49 anglers (21 per cent) for fisheries offences. Patrols focused on a range of ill […]
- Press release: £26 million flood scheme unveiled to protect tourist town August 24, 2015The Morpeth flood scheme, opening today (Monday 24 August), will protect residents by storing millions of gallons of flood water upstream - one of the largest projects of its kind built by the Environment Agency. The Morpeth flood scheme will benefit more than 1,000 homes and businesses in the town and is the largest flood protection project completed in the […]
- RT @Freja_Petersen: Chinese wildlife park 'entertains' visitors by forcing bears to fight dailym.ai/1LDmP6A via @MailOnline http://t.c… 4 days ago
- Over in Dunoon. Weather unusually good. http://t.co/w4CDK0jW6V 2 weeks ago
- My new rat build. http://t.co/FqeFxHYs89 2 weeks ago
- RT @Piekne_Kobiety: good morning bike? http://t.co/Rt6Cu1hjxr 3 weeks ago
- RT @olaciupa: Walencja ☺️🌍 http://t.co/KqShmDvtwV 3 weeks ago
- On the road with my street fighter. http://t.co/4iiaoXrDsp 3 weeks ago
- RT @boycottdenmark: Bojkotu duńskich produktów #BoycottDenmark ze względu na rzeź waleni na Wyspach Owczych! http://t.co/u0UtBx82cA 3 weeks ago
- RT @easy_rideuses: L'important à #moto : Les courbes, les lignes et le regard http://t.co/sJWQBbVzGn 3 weeks ago
Please answer poll
Site Posts Calendar
Oxford Indymedia Events
- Oxford Tenants Union Meeting September 16, 2015 at 5:30 pm – 8:00 pm OARC, East Oxford Community Centre
Climate Change Events
- 14th International Workshop on Modelling of Mantle and Lithosphere Dynamics August 31, 2015 – September 6, 2015 Olerons, France
- 20th International Conference on deformation mechanisms, rheology and tectonics September 7, 2015 – September 12, 2015 Aachen, Germany
- Emile Argand Conference on Alpine Geological Studies September 13, 2015 – September 20, 2015 Montgenèvre, France
- The interaction of fire and mankind September 14, 2015 – September 16, 2015 London, UK
- Pedometrics 2015 September 14, 2015 – September 19, 2015 Córdoba, Spain
- B4E Climate Summit 2015 September 9, 2015 at 9:00 am – September 10, 2015 at 5:00 pm , London, United Arab Emirates
- Sustainable Procurement & Supply Summit September 22, 2015 at 9:00 am – 5:00 pm , London, United Kingdom
- Reporting Working Group meeting September 29, 2015 at 9:00 am – October 1, 2015 at 1:00 pm Tullow Oil, London, United Kingdom
- Eye on Earth Summit 2015 October 6, 2015 at 8:00 am – October 8, 2015 at 5:00 pm The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 2015 Annual Meetings of the World Bank Group and the International Monetary n Fund October 9, 2015 at 9:00 am – October 11, 2015 at 5:00 pm , Lima, Peru
- Employee Health and Wellbeing Conference October 11, 2015 at 8:30 am – October 13, 2015 at 5:00 pm , Doha, Qatar