ROYAL RED BRIGADE – Give Into The Violence CD
Originally posted on Profane Existence:
The fact that this starts with a mid-paced battle-hymn sing-a-long is pretty deceiving. Once track 2(A Love Radio) kicks in, your ears get blasted with an explosion of angsty barroom rock and roll! Track 4 slows down a bit. Maybe it’s to give you a breather and to make sure you don’t wreck the living room. After this they slowly build up tempo and take off full speed again by Sickness, track 6. RRB leave nothing to the listeners imagination while belting out jam after jam of nasty unapologetic grit rock complete with kick ass guitar solos. Every time I listen to this CD is gets better and better and the riffs seem to pop out more and the overall writing make more sense. It wouldn’t surprise me if Tesco Vee was a fan of these guys. Even though they’re from Regina, Saskatchewan I would swear they were based in…
View original 71 more words
- Autumn Statement and Spending Review: The green business wish list November 24, 2015Chancellor George Osborne will deliver his update on the Government's plans for the economy, known as the Autumn Statement, in Parliament today. The hopes are high, but expectations are seemingly low among green groups and industry.
- Businesses lay out key Paris proposals to avoid 'zombie' scenario November 24, 2015The business community has released a set of ambitious proposals they wish to be included in the final Paris agreement, as a climate think-tank sets out the three possible scenarios that will arise from the talks.
- More than half of global clean energy investment flowing to emerging markets November 24, 2015Emerging markets attracted more clean energy investment than wealthy countries for the first time ever in 2014, according to a new report.
- Amazon Web Services adds 100MW wind farm to booming renewables portfolio November 24, 2015Amazon's cloud computing business, Amazon Web Services (AWS), has contracted US energy firm EDP Renewables to construct and operate a 100MW wind farm in Ohio.
- Is the profit-over-planet business model dead? November 24, 2015EXCLUSIVE: The business model of the 20th century that considers the services rendered by nature to be free, available and infinite is dying.
- Biodegradable plastics not a 'quick fix' for marine litter November 24, 2015The increased use of products labelled 'biodegradable' will not significantly decrease the volume of harmful plastics entering the ocean, a new UN report has concluded.
- This rhino’s death should make us worry about all creatures – great and small | Jeremy Hance November 25, 2015There are only three northern white rhinos after Nola was put to sleep. But it’s not just rhinos in peril – thousands of species face extinction. It doesn’t have to be this wayOn Sunday, zookeepers euthanised a 41-year-old rhino who was suffering from a painful bacterial infection at the San Diego zoo safari park. Zoo animals perish all the time – and this o […]Jeremy Hance
- Corbyn questions Cameron on environment and women's refuges – video November 25, 2015In a relatively low-key exchange at prime minister’s questions on Wednesday, Jeremy Corbyn questions David Cameron on the government’s environment policy, including support for solar panels and wind turbines. Corbyn also asks Cameron ‘why one third of those referred to women’s refuges in England are now being turned away’Live updates: prime minister’s questi […]Guardian Staff
- Somaliland stricken by drought: 'We need what all humans need' | Clár Ní Chonghaile November 25, 2015They eke out an existence in the face of myriad humanitarian, environmental and political challenges. Now people in rural Somaliland face a debilitating drought that threatens to change their way of life foreverHassan Haji Towakal has lived in one of the world’s toughest environments for 80 years. He has seen many droughts, but the recent prolonged lack of r […]Clár Ní Chonghaile in Gargara
- Shopping centre scraps live penguins event after opposition November 25, 2015Touchwood in Solihull cancels event after animal rights group denounces use of at-risk Humboldt penguins as ‘entertainment’A shopping centre has cancelled a festive meet-the-penguins event after pressure from animal rights campaigners.Touchwood in Solihull, West Midlands, said the purpose of the Penguin Encounter, described as an educational event featuring […]Press Association
- Climate change makes past five-year period the warmest on record: WMO November 25, 2015UN weather body says man-made global warming and El Niño oceanic phenomenon made 2011-2015 the warmest five-year period on record Climate change made 2011-2015 the warmest five-year period on record, according to the World Meteorological Organisation’s (WMO) state of the global climate report. This year is set to be the single hottest ever registered, with p […]Arthur Neslen
- Experts discuss how to build a carbon-free energy industry November 25, 2015At recent Guardian roundtable discussion, experts talked about how the energy sector can bring down dependence on fossil fuels and reduce carbon emissionsWith the UN Conference on Climate Change (COP) in Paris just days away, a global strategy for reducing carbon emissions is tantalisingly close. Current commitments on greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions are due […]Tim Smedley
- Finance January 23, 2013Short title: Finance Our work is challenging Scottish finance to become more sustainable and democratic. Find out more. Background image:
- Dance For The Climate November 11, 2009In August 2009 over 10.000 people danced for the climate on the Ostend Beach in Belgium. By joining this global movement and adding your own dance video to this site, you make your own statement that we have to act now on climate change. read more
- News teaser September 29, 2009Contact the Friends of the Earth Scotland media office: During working hours: 0131 243 2719 Out of hours: 0131 243 2715 Go to the blog Share buttons: No buttons
- Our Successes August 11, 2009Our campaigns get noticed and without us Scotland would not have many of the environmental successes we have today. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Our Purpose August 11, 2009We are the leading organisation in Scotland that is working for environmental justice, campaigning for the planet and its people. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Press release: Suffolk slurry pollution leads to fine November 25, 2015The Environment Agency told Ipswich Magistrates’ Court yesterday (24 Nov) that the owners of the farm, Great Lodge Farm Ltd, had been negligent. The company from Framlingham was fined £6,000 and ordered to pay £4,474 costs after pleading guilty to breaching environmental permitting regulations. In December 2014 staff from the Environment Agency saw the river […]
- Press release: Public invited to Essex waste facility consultation drop-in November 24, 2015Gent Fairhead & Co. Ltd has applied to the Environment Agency for an environmental permit to operate the facility there. On Wednesday 2 December between 2pm and 7pm Environment Agency staff will be at the drop-in at Silver End Village Hall, Broadway CM8 3RQ to discuss the proposals with people and explain their role in permitting and regulating this type […]
- Press release: Married couple and company must pay £130,000 for waste crime November 23, 2015Two married company directors and their company have been ordered to pay £130,000 for illegally exporting 187 tonnes of hazardous electronic waste to 6 African countries between 2011 and 2015. Mark Daniels, one half of the married couple, was also given a 9 month suspended sentence. The prosecution was brought by the Environment Agency after their officers f […]
- Press release: Massive fines for illegal tipping offences November 20, 2015The case was brought by the Environment Agency. Farmers David Stroud and Darren Pearce and waste haulier, Andrew Duncan, who runs haulage company Dunchaul Limited, were caught following a detailed investigation by the Environment Agency that revealed how they had deposited tonnes of demolition and construction waste in the Cornish countryside. Anyone who dep […]
- Press release: Thrill-seekers taking ‘storm selfies’ are risking lives November 17, 2015As Storm Barney hits Britain, the two organisations are urging thrill-seekers not to put themselves at risk by taking photographs of themselves along wave-battered promenades and breakwaters. On Tuesday (17 November) afternoon and evening, gale or severe gale force westerly winds are expected to generate large waves around exposed coasts in south-west Englan […]
- This morning. https://t.co/vJUshBRmuy 3 days ago
- £13 in the US but £27 in Scotland. An Islay whisky. Thanks SNP for the taxing. #SNP #malt #whisky https://t.co/bIHT3m8pKh 4 days ago
- Clyde earlier today. https://t.co/5Uie0ztj0R 4 days ago
- Why doesn't SNP reduce the tax on whisky that stiffles growth. Why the 75% tax. #SNP #whisky 4 days ago
- Netherburn, South Lanarkshire. #SLC #SNP https://t.co/N575mWp74D 5 days ago
- One of my favourites. #malt #jura https://t.co/wPCbuhq6uo 5 days ago
- Scotch Whisky costs £10.85, the Government takes more than 75% in tax. 6 days ago
- Scotch Whisky is taxed more heavily than other alcoholic drinks. The annual excise 'escalator' should be abolished and duty frozen. 6 days ago
Please answer poll
Site Posts Calendar
Oxford Indymedia Events
- Close Campsfield NOW! November 28, 2015 at 12:00 pm Campsfield House Immigration Detention Centre, Langford Lane, Kidlingto...
Climate Change Events
- Riding the Wave: SGTSG structure and tectonics conference 2015 November 22, 2015 – November 27, 2015 Caloundra, Queensland, Australia
- Riding the Wave: SGTSG structure and tectonics conference 2015 November 22, 2015 – November 27, 2015 Caloundra, Australia
- Twelfth European Space Weather Week November 23, 2015 – November 27, 2015 Ostend, Belgium
- ESO Workshop: Solar system as seen by the ELTs November 30, 2015 – December 4, 2015 Garching, Germany
- 5th International Alluvial Fans Meeting November 30, 2015 – December 4, 2015 Christchurch, New Zealand
- UNFCCC COP 21 November 30, 2015 at 12:00 am – December 11, 2015 at 12:00 am , Paris, France
- Sub-Committee of Experts on the Transport of Dangerous Goods (48th session) November 30, 2015 at 9:00 am – December 9, 2015 at 5:00 pm , Geneva, Switzerland
- COP-21 side event: Low-emissions pathways and the role of oil and gas December 4, 2015 at 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm IETA-WBCSD Business Hub, Paris, France
- Global Landscapes Forum 2015 December 5, 2015 at 9:00 am – December 6, 2015 at 5:00 pm Paris, , France
- International Petroleum Technology Conference (IPTC): Technology and n Partnerships for a Sustainable Energy Future December 6, 2015 at 12:00 am – December 9, 2015 at 12:00 am Qatar National Convention Centre, Doha, Qatar
- 9th International Petroleum Technology Conference (IPTC) December 6, 2015 at 9:00 am – December 9, 2015 at 5:00 pm , Doha, Qatar