ROYAL RED BRIGADE – Give Into The Violence CD
Originally posted on Profane Existence:
The fact that this starts with a mid-paced battle-hymn sing-a-long is pretty deceiving. Once track 2(A Love Radio) kicks in, your ears get blasted with an explosion of angsty barroom rock and roll! Track 4 slows down a bit. Maybe it’s to give you a breather and to make sure you don’t wreck the living room. After this they slowly build up tempo and take off full speed again by Sickness, track 6. RRB leave nothing to the listeners imagination while belting out jam after jam of nasty unapologetic grit rock complete with kick ass guitar solos. Every time I listen to this CD is gets better and better and the riffs seem to pop out more and the overall writing make more sense. It wouldn’t surprise me if Tesco Vee was a fan of these guys. Even though they’re from Regina, Saskatchewan I would swear they were based in…
View original 71 more words
- Shell cynically blocking action on climate change, says ex-diplomat March 30, 2015Shell and its oil and gas peers are narcissistic, paranoid and psychopathic, and engaged in a cynical attempt to block action on global warming, according to the UK's former climate change envoy.
- H&M strives to close the loop on clothing fibres March 27, 2015Swedish fashion giant H&M has released its annual report for 2014, revealing increased renewable energy use, more waste-water recycling and a growing commitment to the circular economy.
- Governments in the dark over true level of 'green job' creation March 26, 2015Claims that green policies are creating or destroying jobs are unsubstantiated, as they cannot yet evaluate the true impact due to a lack of data and poor methods.
- Sustainable investors beating market expectations, claims Morgan Stanley March 26, 2015Investment funds that use sustainability metrics to judge their stocks are likely to outperform those that don't, according to a new study by Wall Street firm Morgan Stanley.
- Corporate green bonds to surpass $30bn in 2015, says S&P March 24, 2015A record $30bn of 'green bonds' could be issued by private companies this year, helping to finance a growing number of environmental and sustainability projects around the world.
- Global electric car sales boom in 2014 March 23, 2015Around 320,000 new electric vehicles were registered around the world in 2014, accounting for 43% of all electric vehicles currently on the road.
- Shell cynically blocking action on climate change, says ex-diplomat March 30, 2015John Ashton accuses oil company and others of being ‘narcissistic, paranoid and psychopathic’ and being unable to contemplate low-carbon futureShell and its oil and gas peers are narcissistic, paranoid and psychopathic, and engaged in a cynical attempt to block action on global warming, according to the UK’s former climate change envoy. Related: Open letter […]Guardian Staff
- Fossil fuels must stay in ground – but be realistic, Chris Smith says March 30, 2015Leave as much in the ground as possible but gas will continue to have to be burnt during a transition to cleaner fuels, says former UK Environment Agency chief Significant quantities of known coal and tar sands reserves will need to be kept in the ground to avoid the worst climate change impacts, the former chief of the UK Environment Agency has said. But he […]Fiona Harvey Environment correspondent
- Anglican church must divest fossil fuels to cope with climate crisis, bishops say March 30, 2015Group of 17 bishops and archbishops write letter aiming to focus church’s attention on climate change and urging it to dump investmentsAn influential group of bishops have called on Anglican churches to remove their investments from the fossil fuel companies that are driving climate change.In a declaration and set of requests aimed at focusing the church’s a […]Karl Mathiesen
- The fossil fuel path is immoral and financially imprudent March 30, 2015What was right once, is now wrong. If John D Rockefeller were alive today, he’d be as visionary about green energy as once he was about black crudeI am proud of the legacy of John D Rockefeller, who built the greatest fossil fuel enterprise in history. In his day, fossil fuel was a liberating force – it literally changed the face of the earth, freeing many p […]Valerie Rockefeller Wayne
- The week in wildlife – in pictures March 27, 2015A languid langur, an even slower loris and a tufted titmouse drinking maple syrup from an icicle are among the pick of this week’s images from the natural world Continue reading...Eric Hilaire
- The biggest story in the world podcast March 16, 2015The Guardian invites you behind the scenes as we embark on a global climate change campaign Continue reading...Narrated by Aleks Krotoski and produced by Francesca Panetta , Jason Phipps, Alannah Chance, Nabeelah Shabbir, Feilding Cage, with original music by Pascal Wyse
- Finance January 23, 2013Short title: Finance Our work is challenging Scottish finance to become more sustainable and democratic. Find out more. Background image:
- Dance For The Climate November 11, 2009In August 2009 over 10.000 people danced for the climate on the Ostend Beach in Belgium. By joining this global movement and adding your own dance video to this site, you make your own statement that we have to act now on climate change. read more
- News teaser September 29, 2009Contact the Friends of the Earth Scotland media office: During working hours: 0131 243 2719 Out of hours: 0131 243 2715 Go to the blog Share buttons: No buttons
- Our Successes August 11, 2009Our campaigns get noticed and without us Scotland would not have many of the environmental successes we have today. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Our Purpose August 11, 2009We are the leading organisation in Scotland that is working for environmental justice, campaigning for the planet and its people. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Trouble on the terracesVideo from an impartial attendee https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RkC469x8Ns&feature=youtu.be On Saturday 28th of March 2015 an altercation unfolded during a home match of Clapton FC in East London. Clapton FC fans are known for their antifascist politics. The altercation took place between two sets of Clapton fans: on the one side some of the founders […]
- 10 Reasons Not to Play Israeli FootballThe latest round of European Championship qualifiers see Wales and Belgium playing Israel and the launch of a new campaign: Fair Play for Palestine – Don’t Play Israeli Apartheid, calling for action against Israel for its sabotage of Palestinian football under the occupation and siege of Gaza. There will be protests at FIFA’s congress in Zurich May 28-29 and […]
- Degrowth is real anti-capitalism“Economic growth” has replaced “progress” as the term with which industrial capitalism likes to justify its life-destroying rampage.
- Danny Schechter 1942-2015 - an appreciation.Danny Schechter, surely one of the greatest, if not the greatest, American journalist of the twentieth century sadly passed away on Thursday 19th March 2015 after a brave battle with cancer. His prolific output, commitment to truth, justice and humanity should be a beacon of light to young journalists everywhere. Here is my tribute to the News Dissector with […]
- New anti-establishment party on the rise in the UKHow millions who have turned off the political system have the chance to finally vote in the 2015 May general elections thanks to The Above and Beyond Party
- Press release: Nottinghamshire landfill site shut down after enforcement action March 30, 2015Enforcement action led to a formal caution and a legal agreement resulting in the closure a landfill site in Nottinghamshire, the Environment Agency announced today (27 March). In June 2013 the Environment Agency found that FCC Recycling (UK) Limited (also trading as FCC Environment), who operated the Dorket Head Landfill site in Arnold Nottinghamshire, had […]
- Press release: Lincoln man guilty of dumping waste near Leicestershire river March 30, 2015On 26 March 2015, Frank Nicklinson, 39, from Lincoln pleaded guilty at Leicester Magistrates Court to two offences relating to the illegal transportation and dumping of controlled waste on land at Lounge Colliery, Ashby Road, Ashby de la Zouch on 5 August 2014. Mr Nicklinson received a fine of £660, was ordered to pay costs of £1700 and a victim surcharge of […]
- Press release: Help plan the future and protect our environment - join the flood and coastal committee March 27, 2015This is an exciting opportunity for someone to support the Environment Agency and local authorities to create partnerships that fund and deliver projects for communities at risk. The RFCC plays a critical role in deciding local priorities for flood and coastal erosion risk management. One of the 3 new members will ideally be a conservation representative who […]
- Press release: Multi-agency clamp down on illegal scrap metal operators in Boston March 27, 2015The Environment Agency worked with Boston Borough Council, Lincolnshire County Council and Lincolnshire Police on 26 March to put a stop to illegal activity - and keep a level playing field for legitimate businesses to operate in the waste vehicle dismantling sector. Officers visited illegal vehicle dismantlers and unlicensed scrap metal dealers and carriers […]
- Press release: Waste company owner given suspended prison sentence for waste tyre offences March 25, 2015Andrew Mayhew pleaded guilty to 5 offences at Plymouth Crown Court of running a waste operation without the necessary permits, which involved dumping large numbers of tyres at several different sites including Hill Barton Business Park, Exeter; Moor Barton Farm in Tiverton, as well as Dawlish, North Tawton, and Hayedown industrial estate, Tavistock. At the h […]
- RT @Animals1st: The Cove: Sign the Petition to Help Save Japan's Dolphins >>> takeaction.takepart.com/actions/cove-h… http://t.co/J3kUDK0h3y 12 hours ago
- RT @Chewster2e: Woman sues dog walker who lost pit bull after 'flipping out' nyp.st/1BklDdq via @nypost http://t.co/bAvVbQi7OL 6 days ago
- RT @BosnianRescue: @occupyforanimal @ESDAW_Europe @BalkanDogs #Sarajevo: Volunteers Give Hope to Forgotten #Dogs journalistsforanimals.com/sarajevo-volun… htt… 6 days ago
- RT @Freja_Petersen: Sign/RT: Man Buys Cats From Craigslist, Mistreats Them & Leaves The Bodies In His Backyard ... petitionhub.org/Man-Buys-Cats-… h… 6 days ago
- RT @MinaANDMaya: RT ASAP! If re-elected @Conservatives will repeat INEFFECTIVE & INHUMANE #UK cull @Network4Animals #stopthebadgercull http… 6 days ago
- RT @Animal_Place: #Monterey County Folks: Share and help #sheep saved from horrific cruelty find a new home! Email Marji Beach at marji@ani… 1 week ago
- RT @AnimalRRights: Top animal rights Twitter influencers one should follow rightrelevance.com/?q=tab_type%3D… 1 week ago
- Circuses as Conservationist Organizations? (Written for The Ecotone Exchange) wp.me/pPEwS-2oJ 2 weeks ago
Please answer poll
Site Posts Calendar
Oxford Indymedia Events
- How to fight the tax cheats April 1, 2015 at 6:30 pm Friends Meeting House, 43 St Giles, Oxford, OX1 3LW.
- Britain in the World. Q&A with Parliamentary Candidates April 23, 2015 at 6:00 pm Oxford Town Hall, St Aldates, Central Oxford OX1 1BX
Climate Change Events
- Microstructural evolution during HT deformation - MicroDIce Final conference March 30, 2015 – April 2, 2015 Montpellier, France
- Integrated Hydrosystem Modelling Conference 2015 April 7, 2015 – April 11, 2015 Tuebingen, Germany
- From Hooke to Helioseismology: The UK’s contribution to seismolo gy – past, present and future April 9, 2015 – April 11, 2015 Leicester, England
- Conference on Complex Networks and Climate Variability April 11, 2015 – April 13, 2015 Vienna, Austria
- EGU General Assembly 2015 April 12, 2015 – April 18, 2015 Vienna, Austria
- Spring Meeting - World Bank Group and International Monetary Fund April 17, 2015 at 8:00 am – April 19, 2015 at 4:00 pm , Washington D.C, United States
- IAIA15: Impact Assessment in the Digital Era April 20, 2015 at 8:15 am – April 23, 2015 at 4:00 pm Firenze Fiera Congress & Exhibition Center , Florence, Italy
- International Chemical and Oil Pollution Conference and Exhibition April 21, 2015 at 7:30 am – April 24, 2015 at 5:30 pm , , Singapore
- Global Water Summit: The Water Value Revolution April 26, 2015 at 11:00 pm – 11:00 pm , Athens, Greece
- IFC Sustainability Exchange May 20, 2015 at 8:00 am – May 21, 2015 at 4:00 pm , Washington, United States
- IWRA World Water Congress XV May 24, 2015 at 11:00 pm – May 28, 2015 at 11:00 pm , Edinburgh, United Kingdom