ROYAL RED BRIGADE – Give Into The Violence CD
Originally posted on Profane Existence:
The fact that this starts with a mid-paced battle-hymn sing-a-long is pretty deceiving. Once track 2(A Love Radio) kicks in, your ears get blasted with an explosion of angsty barroom rock and roll! Track 4 slows down a bit. Maybe it’s to give you a breather and to make sure you don’t wreck the living room. After this they slowly build up tempo and take off full speed again by Sickness, track 6. RRB leave nothing to the listeners imagination while belting out jam after jam of nasty unapologetic grit rock complete with kick ass guitar solos. Every time I listen to this CD is gets better and better and the riffs seem to pop out more and the overall writing make more sense. It wouldn’t surprise me if Tesco Vee was a fan of these guys. Even though they’re from Regina, Saskatchewan I would swear they were based in…
View original 71 more words
- IRENA: Pacific islands should embrace natural renewables resources July 3, 2015Small island nations can secure substantial economic benefits by developing renewable energy sources, according to a series of new reports.
- Sustainable product revenue growing six times faster than alternatives July 3, 2015Revenues from sustainable products or services are growing up to six times faster than 'normal' equivalents, according to new research from the Investor Responsibility Research Center Institute (IRRCi).
- Solar plane glides past world record in 80-hour solo flight July 2, 2015The solar plane Solar Impulse 2 has broken the world records for distance and duration of solar aviation, flying continuously for more than 80 hours and travelling 6000 km across the Pacific.
- China to treble wind capacity in 10 years July 2, 2015China is set to treble its wind power capacity by 2025, but future growth will be limited unless the nation's grid technology is developed.
- Biogen achieves landmark net zero carbon footprint across global business July 1, 2015Biotechnology specialist Biogen has reached carbon neutrality globally, the company announced yesterday (30 June).
- China confirms 2030 cap on emissions ahead of Paris conference June 30, 2015China has formally pledged to peak its carbon emissions by 2030, but says it could begin reductions ahead of time.
- The 'jellyfish invasion' story one newspaper didn't want you to read | Steve Backshall July 3, 2015TV presenter and naturalist Steve Backshall was asked by a British newspaper to write about the ‘invasion’ of jellyfish this summer. But they didn’t like what he had to say, so we’re publishing it here in full instead While the sunshine may be an unpredictable visitor to UK summer shores, there’s one silly season certainty that you can count on. It’s an inva […]Steve Backshall
- Prince Charles: rewire the global economy to stop climate change July 2, 2015Heir to the throne calls for end to ‘business as usual’ approach that does nothing to avert catastrophic global warming – and praises Guardian’s climate campaignPrince Charles has said that “profound changes” to the global economic system are needed in order to avert environmental catastrophe, in an uncompromising speech delivered in front of an audience of […]Damian Carrington
- India's climate pledge 'critically important', says UN climate chief July 3, 2015Christiana Figueres says Delhi’s promise of ambitious cuts and plans to help 400m energy poor will be vital to getting a binding deal in ParisA strong pledge to curb carbon emissions by India, the world’s third largest polluter, will be “critically important” to a meaningful deal at the crucial UN climate summit in Paris in December, the UN’s climate chief h […]Arthur Neslen
- Solar Impulse close to Hawaii after breaking non-stop solo flight record July 3, 2015Solar-powered plane broke endurance record 72 hours into flight over Pacific on seventh leg of round-the-world journey and is due to touch down on FridayA solar-powered plane on the riskiest leg of a round-the-globe attempt is closing in on Hawaii after a record-breaking flight which has tested its exhausted pilot to the limit in “difficult” conditions.Veter […]Agence France-Presse in Los Angeles
- Decc faces 90% staff budget cuts that risk UK's climate plans, say experts July 3, 2015Dramatic cuts to Department of Energy and Climate Change budget could damage economic growth and undermine switch to clean energyThe UK’s Department of Energy and Climate Change (Decc) faces cuts of 90% to its staff budgets within three years, threatening the government’s ability to tackle climate change and move the energy supply to cleaner sources, accordi […]Adam Vaughan
- Oceans face massive and irreversible impacts without carbon cuts – study July 3, 2015Business-as-usual carbon emissions would cause global warming that brings serious ocean acidification, death of corals and mangroves, scientists sayTime is rapidly running out for the world’s oceans and the creatures that live in them as the Earth’s climate continues to warm, say scientists.Only “immediate and substantial” reductions in greenhouse gas emissi […]Press Association
- Finance January 23, 2013Short title: Finance Our work is challenging Scottish finance to become more sustainable and democratic. Find out more. Background image:
- Dance For The Climate November 11, 2009In August 2009 over 10.000 people danced for the climate on the Ostend Beach in Belgium. By joining this global movement and adding your own dance video to this site, you make your own statement that we have to act now on climate change. read more
- News teaser September 29, 2009Contact the Friends of the Earth Scotland media office: During working hours: 0131 243 2719 Out of hours: 0131 243 2715 Go to the blog Share buttons: No buttons
- Our Successes August 11, 2009Our campaigns get noticed and without us Scotland would not have many of the environmental successes we have today. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Our Purpose August 11, 2009We are the leading organisation in Scotland that is working for environmental justice, campaigning for the planet and its people. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- trans farcestrange american self-mutilation trend
- Former leader of UK Greenpeace considers anti-GMO campaigning “morally unacceptaThe former leader of UK division of Greenpeace, Stephen Tindale, has recently given an interview, where he condemned anti-GMO activism of this and other green organizations as “morally unacceptable”. He suggested that such agencies put ideology before humanitarian action and fail to recognize the deep changes in GMO industry since the 1990's. Britain is […]
- USA supervises the Ukrainian duel between Poroshenko and YatsenyukWhen head of Security Service of Ukraine Valentyn Nalyvaichenko was fired a few day ago, he said there was a secret list of officials who would also be dismissed from duty. According to Mr. Nalyvaichenko, the first in line is Prime Minister of Ukraine Arseniy Yatsenyuk. Unfortunately, it is next to impossible to verify the existence of the list. Yet, Preside […]
- Tower Hamlets - the Commissioners are being steamed up!Tower Hamlets Council is not in the news at present. Could it be that the Commissioners sent in by former Local Govt Minister (Secretary of State, Department for Communities and Local Government) Eric Pickles have sorted out the “rotten borough”?
- Disinformation on Northern IndymediaThe accusations currently posted to Northern Indymedia that one of our collective is a police informer, and that IP addresses have been passed to the police by members of this collective are both untrue and offensive.
- Press release: Cambridgeshire locks under manual operation this weekend July 3, 2015The lock at St Ives and the Old Papermills lock in St Neots are both awaiting permanent repairs, following mechanical break downs which closed each of them for a short period of time. Low river levels between Godmanchester and Houghton are also causing concerns and boaters are advised to take extra care whilst navigating this stretch of the River Great Ouse. […]
- Press release: Don’t be caught out by flash flooding - be prepared July 3, 2015North Yorkshire County Council and the Environment Agency are urging communities across the county to be aware of the dangers of flash flooding, and to take steps to prepare. Flash flooding tends to happen when heavy rainfall runs off land and quickly swells rivers and streams. It can also occur where drainage systems are overwhelmed by intense rainfall. The […]
- Press release: Clacton beach goers advised to stay off the rocks July 3, 2015In 2011, the RAF had to rescue 3 teenagers from the oncoming tide after 1 of them got her leg caught between rocks on Clacton beach. Dave Knagg, Operations Manager at the Environment Agency said: We want people to enjoy the beach but to observe the signs which are there for a reason. Whilst rock groynes appear to be a fun place to play and find sea life, the […]
- Press release: Third Energy fracking permit consultation extended July 2, 2015The public consultation on Third Energy’s application for a permit to carry out fracking in North Yorkshire has been extended. The Environment Agency’s consultation on the company’s proposals will now be open for public submissions until Friday 7 August. The consultation opened on 10 June after Third Energy UK Gas Ltd applied to the Environment Agency for th […]
- Press release: Environment Agency reveals ‘secret seven’ fish July 2, 2015A 400-million-year-old rare blood-sucking creature once eaten by Vikings and a relic from the Ice Age top the Environment Agency’s ‘secret seven’ list of England’s rarest fish, which it unveiled today. Photographs of all seven species can be downloaded on flickr The seven species are lamprey, Arctic charr, vendace, spined loach, allis shad, twaite shad and s […]
- RT @Matt_Dominguez: #WhenIWasAKid a bond w/ animals was developed which drives me today to fight against those who seek to harm them! http:… 3 days ago
- RT @Protect_Wldlife: Please Sign & RT: Stop Live Fish, Turtles & Other Amphibians Being Sold As Keyrings In China! thepetitionsite.com/tell-a-friend/… h… 3 days ago
- RT @peta: For hiking, going out on the town, or a day at the beach. 16 #Vegan Shoes for #Summer: peta.vg/summershoes http://t.co/mUtAvR4… 1 week ago
- RT @TakePart: 3 tiny houses that let you live green + off the grid: bit.ly/1fBGnui http://t.co/NnwVTuJDHe 1 week ago
- RT @wwwfoecouk: Campaigners alarmed over plans to sell stake in Green Investment Bank: theguardian.com/environment/20… http://t.co/9LiKoSNGi6 1 week ago
- I'm going to @theviewtv at The Golf Tavern in Edinburgh, United Kingdom - Jun 27 bandsintown.com/event/10137549… 1 week ago
- I'm going to @DeadKennedys at King Tuts Wah Wah Hut in Glasgow, United Kingdom - Jun 25 bandsintown.com/event/9378138?… 1 week ago
- I'm giving away free Drier @ bit.ly/1GBGW1g 2 weeks ago
Please answer poll
Site Posts Calendar
Oxford Indymedia Events
No upcoming events
Climate Change Events
- CIDER 2015 Summer Program "Solid Earth Dynamics and Climate - Mant le Interactions with the Hydrosphere & Carbosphere June 28, 2015 – August 1, 2015 Berkeley (CA), USA
- 'Gradualism versus catastrophism in landscape evolution' IAG Regio nal Conference July 2, 2015 – July 5, 2015 Barnaul, Russia
- Summerschool: Advanced techniques for quantifying C and Si dynamic s July 6, 2015 – July 11, 2015 Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium
- Pathways 2015: Pathways towards habitable planets July 13, 2015 – July 18, 2015 Bern, Switzerland
- 3rd International Summer School on Flow and Transport in Porous an d Fractured Media July 20, 2015 – August 2, 2015 Cargese
- SPE Latin America and Caribbean HSE and Sustainability Conference July 7, 2015 at 9:30 am – July 8, 2015 at 5:30 pm , Bogotá, Colombia
- ICCB-ECCB - Mission Biodiversity: Choosing new paths for conservation August 2, 2015 at 9:00 am – August 6, 2015 at 5:00 pm Le Corum- Esplanade Charles De Gaulle, Montpellier, France
- UNFCCC ADP 3 August 31, 2015 at 12:00 am – September 4, 2015 at 12:00 am , Bonn, Germany
- Sustainable Procurement & Supply Summit September 22, 2015 at 9:00 am – 5:00 pm , London, United Kingdom
- Reporting Working Group meeting September 29, 2015 at 9:00 am – October 1, 2015 at 5:00 pm Tullow Oil, London, United Kingdom
- 2015 Annual Meetings of the World Bank Group and the International Monetary n Fund October 9, 2015 at 9:00 am – October 11, 2015 at 5:00 pm , Lima, Peru