HARRINGTON SAINTS: Pride And Tradition: CD
HARRINGTON SAINTS have been around since 2005 and Pride and Tradition is their second full-length album and is produced by Lars Frederiksen from RANCID and he did a great job on it. The production is nice and clear, but gritty enough to keep the edge that this band has. Eleven tracks planted firmly in the vein of Oi and Street Punk that made me want to grab a pint, start jumping around and learn the words to shout along with on this album. You get lyrics about class warfare, getting screwed over by those rich bastards, lots of frustration, and about giving up and just rotting on the couch. This has a lot of touches of classic Oi bands, but still keeps things going without being slavishly bound to their influences. As soon as I put this album on, it just started being on of the better Street Punk and Oi albums…
View original post 82 more words
- UK's smart city transition 'essential' to combating rising energy demand July 27, 2016A surge in urban expansion, economic growth and the integration of new technology will lead to UK cities embracing renewable energy sources as part of a transition to smart cities, in order to cope with growing energy demand.
- Inside the access economy: Amazon and Nimber forge different paths to optimise logistics July 26, 2016EXCLUSIVE: As Amazon and Sainsbury's ramp up efforts to improve delivery times, the chief executive of 'social delivery' service Nimber has claimed that the next few years will be a defining era for crowd logistics and the sharing economy.
- New transparency toolkit puts emphasis on investors to combat deforestation July 26, 2016A new online tool has been launched today (26 July) to highlight which global mutual funds and investment portfolios contain links associated to deforestation and palm oil holdings.
- Solar Impulse 2 completes record-breaking round-the-world trip July 26, 2016A solar-powered plane, equipped with 17,248 solar cells, completed the final leg of its record-breaking circumnavigation journey around the world last night (25 July).
- What will the green economy look like in 10 years' time? Experts predict cleantech trends... July 25, 2016By 2026, the global adoption of a low-carbon economy will have taken huge strides, with smart city revenues and energy storage deployment skyrocketing, and the number of low-carbon heavy-duty vehicles on the roads also increasing at impressive rates.
- Businesses urged to 'think differently' and adopt Sustainable Development Goals July 22, 2016The Secretary-General of the United Nations (UN) has called on business, governments and local authorities to adopt new ways of thinking that align the "critical challenges of our time" with operational models and frameworks.
- Animal welfare groups push US to classify all leopards as endangered July 25, 2016Conservationists are calling on the US to raise the protection level for leopards, severely curbing hunters’ ability to import body parts as trophiesConservationists have demanded a crackdown on the import to the US of leopards killed by American hunters, in an attempt to replicate the protections introduced in the wake of the furore caused by the death of f […]Oliver Milman in New York
- ‘World can’t afford to silence us’: black church leaders address climate change July 24, 2016One of the largest and oldest black churches in the US warns that black people are disproportionally harmed by global warming and fossil fuel pollutionAfrican American religious leaders have added their weight to calls for action on climate change, with one of the largest and oldest black churches in the US warning that black people are disproportionally har […]Oliver Milman
- New tests on Colorado town's water show no sign of marijuana July 23, 2016Officials cancel warning not to drink the water in HugoPrevious tests found traces of THC, marijuana’s psychoactive ingredientA warning not to drink the water in a Colorado town has been canceled, after tests showed there was no longer any evidence of a marijuana chemical in the tap water, an initial finding which the mayor said “blew his mind”. Related: Bud […]Associated Press in Hugo, Colorado
- US car sharing service kept 28,000 private cars off the road in 3 years July 23, 2016A new study shows one-way car sharing services can significantly reduce the number of cars on the road and cut greenhouse gas emissionsNearly 90% of Americans own cars, making the country a leader in traffic jams and pollution and costing the economy $124bn. Car sharing presents a good antidote to decongesting our roads – it gives people the freedom to drive […]Alison Moodie
- Welcome to the 'heat dome': no, you're not going to evaporate July 23, 2016New term has been added to the lexicon of the media to explain a high heat advisory, but hasn’t been approved by the national weather service glossaryJust a few weeks ago, the term “heat dome” may have evoked, if anything at all, thoughts of a rather bland Mad Max sequel. But the phrase is now being deployed to label a huge blob of heat that is encasing mill […]Oliver Milman
- Huge toxic algae bloom sickens more than 100 in Utah amid heatwave July 22, 2016Bacteria has spread rapidly to cover almost all of Utah Lake, turning the water bright green with a pea soup texture and leaving scummy foam along the shoreA huge toxic algae bloom in Utah has closed one of the largest freshwater lakes west of the Mississippi river, sickening more than 100 people and leaving farmers scrambling for clean water during some of […]Associated Press
- Divest January 23, 2013Short title: Divest Our work is challenging Scottish finance to become more sustainable and democratic. Find out more. Background image:
- Dance For The Climate November 11, 2009In August 2009 over 10.000 people danced for the climate on the Ostend Beach in Belgium. By joining this global movement and adding your own dance video to this site, you make your own statement that we have to act now on climate change. read more
- News teaser September 29, 2009Contact the Friends of the Earth Scotland media office: During working hours: 0131 243 2719 Out of hours: 0131 243 2715 Go to the blog Share buttons: No buttons
- Our Successes August 11, 2009Our campaigns get noticed and without us Scotland would not have many of the environmental successes we have today. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Our Purpose August 11, 2009We are the leading organisation in Scotland that is working for environmental justice, campaigning for the planet and its people. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- #ANTIFA: #TEDDYBEARS #PICNIC @slatukip @dubdanu @siegfails @misscheeky666 @JLRFBLESS THAN thirty brazen little crybabies escaped the clutches of mummy and daddy to parked their prams in Hyde Park for their annual Teddybears Trump Picnic, whilst policemen in riot gear stood guard for the nasty big bogeymen from the UAF, who had threatened to turn up and spoil the fun of the little Angels and cherubs of the EDL's Hitler Pre-School Di […]
- Ambulance Targeting Was Based On Turkish DisinformationIt was an American-made helicopter abusing the name of a First Nations tribe which penetrated Syrian territory coming from Golan late June, in bright daylight approached a nameless Czech-made ambulance car, and fired a B7EV type air-to-ground missile killing a patient plus other inmates en route to a civilian hospital. One of many, too many casualties in a f […]
- Ex-Royal Military Policeman accused of harassing Sussex Police Commissioner KatySussex Police and Crime Commissioner Katy Bourne is being harassed by an ex- Royal Military Policeman, while Sussex Police stand by allowing it to continue.
- What is Grybauskaite silent about?As early as the beginning of the first presidential term, at the meeting with members of Lithuanian National Security and Defence Committee, Dalia Grybauskaite took up the question of making public materials, stored in the archives and connected with the activities of KGB and other secret services, worked in Lithuania. "Lustration has to be finished by […]
- Abu Sayyaf Release Australian Alternative Therapist for GoodDespite a recent surge of violence on the archipelago, militants in the Philippine Islands this week set free an Australian hostage they had held in captivity for three years. The 38 year old Raph Ader who had been vacationing in a local community aside from the overcrowded beaches was abducted during a speed boat round trip in the area, of which his wife ha […]
- Press release: Man jailed for running illegal waste site July 27, 2016A County Durham who operated an illegal waste site despite being previously prosecuted for the same offence has been jailed. Christopher Nash, 35, of Hillgarth in Consett, appeared at Peterlee Magistrates’ Court on Monday, July 25, where he pleaded guilty to operating a waste facility without a permit at Eastmoor Road Allotments in Murton. He was sentenced t […]
- Press release: Flood recovery roadshow for Leeds July 26, 2016The Environment Agency will be out and about in Leeds this week as part of an ongoing flood recovery programme following the December 2015 flooding. Many rivers across Yorkshire reached record or near record levels on Boxing Day last year. Across Leeds, more than 2,000 homes and nearly 600 businesses were affected by flooding from the River Aire and a number […]
- Press release: Severn Trent Water fined £426,000 for repeated raw sewage leaks in to the Shire Brook July 22, 2016On 21 July 2016, at Nottingham Crown Court, Severn Trent Water Limited was fined £426,000, ordered to pay Environment Agency Costs of £38,642.60 as well as a victim surcharge of £120. Severn Trent Water had previously pleaded guilty to the charges at Nottingham Magistrates Court on 25 November 2015. Proceedings were brought by the Environment Agency followin […]
- Press release: Stay safe this summer in and around the Thames Environment Agency warns July 21, 2016But as the navigation authority for the non-tidal stretch of the river – from Cricklade in Wiltshire to Shepperton in south west London - the Environment Agency is asking parents and guardians to warn children and young people about the dangers of playing by its locks, weirs, bridges, and anywhere else in and around the Thames. It has published the staying s […]
- Press release: Man fined for operating illegal waste site July 20, 2016A Northumberland man has been fined for storing scrap vehicles without a permit. William Scott Armstrong, 31, of Linton Colliery in Morpeth, appeared at Berwick Magistrates’ Court on Monday, July 19. He pleaded guilty to one offence of operating a regulated facility without a permit, and was fined £1,160, ordered to pay costs of £3,000, and a victim surcharg […]
- RT @nascar_lens: Top 10 Most Awesome Customized Motor-Trikes goo.gl/KZUi1o https://t.co/zxqApBPkyt 1 week ago
- RT @AutoAuctionSale: #BMW: 7-Series 750i 7 series #BMW 750 i sedan low miles 4 dr automatic ... - autoauctionsale.com/bmw-7-series-7… | | https://t.co/… 1 week ago
- RT @guardiannews: Air pollution causes wrinkles and premature ageing, new research shows ebx.sh/29YzSkF 1 week ago
- RT @LMildwater: goo.gl/CHR5pG #NorwaySunday Let the WORLD know Norway kill MORE whales than ANY other #OpWhales https://t.co/CM… 1 week ago
- RT @raider_truth: 150 wounded in #Turkey twitter.com/skynews/status… 1 week ago
- Istanbul treating 150 injured ac ording to NTV. #TurkeyCoup 1 week ago
- RT @agirecudi: Smoke rising from Turkish Parliament https://t.co/tWRv0ABheT 1 week ago
- RT @RT_com: URGENT: Military take media hostages at Hurriyet, CNN Turk offices – reports on.rt.com/7j6b https://t.co/K7z0w0CJMz 1 week ago
Please answer poll
Site Posts Calendar
Oxford Indymedia Events
No upcoming events
Climate Change Events
- EuroScience Open Forum July 23, 2016 – July 27, 2016 Manchester, UK
- SEDI 2016 July 24, 2016 – July 29, 2016 Nantes, France
- 41st COSPAR Scientific Assembly and Associated Events July 30, 2016 – August 7, 2016 Istanbul, Turkey
- AOGS 13th Annual Meeting July 31, 2016 – August 5, 2016 Beijing, China
- 15th International Peat Congress August 15, 2016 – August 19, 2016 Sarawak, Malaysia
- World Water Week 2016 August 27, 2016 at 9:00 am – September 2, 2016 at 5:00 pm , Stockholm, Sweden
- IUCN World Conservation Congress September 1, 2016 at 9:00 am – September 10, 2016 at 5:00 pm , Hawaii, United States
- IWA World Water Congress and Exhibitions (Brisbane) October 9, 2016 at 9:00 am – October 13, 2016 at 5:00 pm , Brisbane, QLD, Australia
- UNFCCC COP-22 November 7, 2016 at 12:00 am – November 18, 2016 at 12:00 am , Marrakech, Morocco
- Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services Peer-to-Peer Workshop November 17, 2016 at 9:00 am – November 18, 2016 at 5:00 pm Centara Grand & Bangkok Convention Centre at Centr, Bangkok, Thailand
- COP13 Convention on Biological Diversity December 4, 2016 at 9:00 am – December 17, 2016 at 5:00 pm , Los Cabos, Mexico