HARRINGTON SAINTS: Pride And Tradition: CD
Originally posted on Profane Existence:
HARRINGTON SAINTS have been around since 2005 and Pride and Tradition is their second full-length album and is produced by Lars Frederiksen from RANCID and he did a great job on it. The production is nice and clear, but gritty enough to keep the edge that this band has. Eleven tracks planted firmly in the vein of Oi and Street Punk that made me want to grab a pint, start jumping around and learn the words to shout along with on this album. You get lyrics about class warfare, getting screwed over by those rich bastards, lots of frustration, and about giving up and just rotting on the couch. This has a lot of touches of classic Oi bands, but still keeps things going without being slavishly bound to their influences. As soon as I put this album on, it just started being on of the better Street Punk and Oi albums…
View original 82 more words
- Worlds' most sustainable food and drink companies revealed by Oxfam April 1, 2015Unilever has finished first in Ofxam's 'Battle of the Brands' campaign which takes a look at the agricultural sourcing policies of the top 10 food and beverage companies.
- Aldi commits to hazardous chemical detox April 1, 2015Leading discount retailer Aldi has signed up to Greenpeace's Detox campaign, committing to the zero discharge of hazardous chemicals from the lifecycle and production of all its textile and footwear goods by 2020.
- Record-breaking 2014 for global renewables growth April 1, 20152014 was the best year ever in terms of renewable capacity added, as 103GW of capacity was brought online around the world.
- US set to pledge emissions cuts of up to 28% ahead of global climate treaty March 31, 2015The US will pledge to cut carbon pollution by up to 28%, doubling the pace of current emissions cuts, under a global agreement on climate change to be finalised in Paris at the end of the year.
- Shell cynically blocking action on climate change, says ex-diplomat March 30, 2015Shell and its oil and gas peers are narcissistic, paranoid and psychopathic, and engaged in a cynical attempt to block action on global warming, according to the UK's former climate change envoy.
- H&M strives to close the loop on clothing fibres March 27, 2015Swedish fashion giant H&M has released its annual report for 2014, revealing increased renewable energy use, more waste-water recycling and a growing commitment to the circular economy.
- Guardian Media Group to divest its £800m fund from fossil fuels April 1, 2015GMG becomes largest fund yet known to pull out of coal, oil and gas companies in a move chair Neil Berkett calls a ‘hard-nosed business decision’ justified on ethical and moral groundsThe Guardian Media Group (GMG) is to sell all the fossil fuel assets in its investment fund of over £800m, making it the largest yet known to pull out of coal, oil and gas comp […]Damian Carrington
- 'What are the Wellcome Trust using their access to the boardroom for?' April 1, 2015The foundation argues that engaging with fossil fuel companies is more effective than divestment. This avoids the core issue, argues campaigner Tim RatcliffeIn a recent article in the Guardian Jeremy Farrar, director of the Wellcome Trust, suggests that engaging with fossil fuel companies is a more constructive strategy than divesting from them. Related: Wel […]Tim Ratcliffe
- US pledges emissions cuts of up to 28% ahead of global climate treaty March 31, 2015US confirms greenhouse gas emissions cuts proposals that will be ‘very tough’ to change, boosting prospects for a global climate change agreement at talks in Paris in DecemberThe White House pledged to cut carbon pollution by up to 28% on Tuesday, boosting the prospects for an international agreement on climate change at the end of the year.With the US pledg […]Fiona Harvey, environment correspondent and Suzanne Goldenberg
- Subsidies to industries that cause deforestation worth 100 times more than aid to prevent it March 31, 2015Brazil and Indonesia paid over $40bn in subsidies to industries that drive rainforest destruction between 2009 and 2012 - compared to $346m in conservation aid they received to protect forests, according to new research Brazil and Indonesia spent over 100 times more in subsidies to industries that cause deforestation than they received in international conse […]Arthur Neslen
- Desmond Tutu intervenes over King's College London's refusal to divest March 31, 2015Archbishop Tutu in talks with administration at his former university – where vice principal dealing with fossil fuel campaigners spent 30 years working for oil giant BPArchbishop Desmond Tutu, one of King’s College London’s (KCL) most revered former students, has intervened after the university rejected a demand from 1,400 staff and students to sell off its […]Damian Carrington
- Jeremy Clarkson joins Guardian drive for fossil fuel divestment March 31, 2015Former Top Gear presenter says being sacked by the BBC was a ‘wake-up call’ as he joins host of celebrities backing climate change campaign Guardian Media Group to divest its £800m fund from fossil fuels The disgraced former Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson has become the latest celebrity to support the Guardian’s campaign for fossil fuel divestment.Follow […]Daisy Pofallor
- Finance January 23, 2013Short title: Finance Our work is challenging Scottish finance to become more sustainable and democratic. Find out more. Background image:
- Dance For The Climate November 11, 2009In August 2009 over 10.000 people danced for the climate on the Ostend Beach in Belgium. By joining this global movement and adding your own dance video to this site, you make your own statement that we have to act now on climate change. read more
- News teaser September 29, 2009Contact the Friends of the Earth Scotland media office: During working hours: 0131 243 2719 Out of hours: 0131 243 2715 Go to the blog Share buttons: No buttons
- Our Successes August 11, 2009Our campaigns get noticed and without us Scotland would not have many of the environmental successes we have today. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Our Purpose August 11, 2009We are the leading organisation in Scotland that is working for environmental justice, campaigning for the planet and its people. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Good-bye KGB! Is Grybauskaite escaping her KGB past?It has become life observation already that many political leaders in the post-Soviet states are even more hateful of the communist ideology and more obsessed with russophobia than the most ardent critics of communism and ‘Russian imperial idea’ in Old Europe. Interestingly, in denial of their own countries’ communist past they display even greater aggressiv […]
- Black is the colour of our flagAs anarchists we have no time for nationalism or flags. That's why the only 'flag' we will carry is the black one.
- Viggo Mortensen and Oona Chaplin to attend film festival in desert refugee campFilm stars Viggo Mortensen, Oona Chaplin and Ariadna Gil will be among hundreds of actors, directors and international visitors who will join thousands of refugees for the 12th edition of the world’s most remote film festival.
- Trouble on the terracesVideo from an impartial attendee https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RkC469x8Ns&feature=youtu.be On Saturday 28th of March 2015 an altercation unfolded during a home match of Clapton FC in East London. Clapton FC fans are known for their antifascist politics. The altercation took place between two sets of Clapton fans: on the one side some of the founders […]
- 10 Reasons Not to Play Israeli FootballThe latest round of European Championship qualifiers see Wales and Belgium playing Israel and the launch of a new campaign: Fair Play for Palestine – Don’t Play Israeli Apartheid, calling for action against Israel for its sabotage of Palestinian football under the occupation and siege of Gaza. There will be protests at FIFA’s congress in Zurich May 28-29 and […]
- Press release: Nottinghamshire landfill site shut down after enforcement action March 30, 2015Enforcement action led to a formal caution and a legal agreement resulting in the closure of a landfill site in Nottinghamshire, the Environment Agency announced today (27 March). In June 2013 the Environment Agency found that FCC Recycling (UK) Limited (also trading as FCC Environment), who operated the Dorket Head Landfill site in Arnold Nottinghamshire, h […]
- Press release: Lincoln man guilty of dumping waste near Leicestershire river March 30, 2015On 26 March 2015, Frank Nicklinson, 39, from Lincoln pleaded guilty at Leicester Magistrates Court to two offences relating to the illegal transportation and dumping of controlled waste on land at Lounge Colliery, Ashby Road, Ashby de la Zouch on 5 August 2014. Mr Nicklinson received a fine of £660, was ordered to pay costs of £1700 and a victim surcharge of […]
- Press release: Help plan the future and protect our environment - join the flood and coastal committee March 27, 2015This is an exciting opportunity for someone to support the Environment Agency and local authorities to create partnerships that fund and deliver projects for communities at risk. The RFCC plays a critical role in deciding local priorities for flood and coastal erosion risk management. One of the 3 new members will ideally be a conservation representative who […]
- Press release: Multi-agency clamp down on illegal scrap metal operators in Boston March 27, 2015The Environment Agency worked with Boston Borough Council, Lincolnshire County Council and Lincolnshire Police on 26 March to put a stop to illegal activity - and keep a level playing field for legitimate businesses to operate in the waste vehicle dismantling sector. Officers visited illegal vehicle dismantlers and unlicensed scrap metal dealers and carriers […]
- Press release: Waste company owner given suspended prison sentence for waste tyre offences March 25, 2015Andrew Mayhew pleaded guilty to 5 offences at Plymouth Crown Court of running a waste operation without the necessary permits, which involved dumping large numbers of tyres at several different sites including Hill Barton Business Park, Exeter; Moor Barton Farm in Tiverton, as well as Dawlish, North Tawton, and Hayedown industrial estate, Tavistock. At the h […]
- RT @VeganChatRoom: Barefoot Ⓥegan @Barefoot_Vegan New digital magazine launching April 2015. Subscribe for free. barefootvegan.com htt… 15 hours ago
- RT @OnlyVegetables: Studies Show Cow’s Milk Promotes Prostate Cancer Growth goo.gl/o3djI3 15 hours ago
- RT @OrcaSOS: #Blackfish @grm_chikn http://t.co/OfgiVPHRQm SeaWorld attempt at damage control devolves into feud with ‘PETA trolls’ http://t… 15 hours ago
- RT @AnimalRightsUK: Well done to protesters in Northern Ireland who were unhappy about the Daredevil Circus coming to town. 15 hours ago
- I'm giving away free Nokia mobile phone @ bit.ly/1FezJBS 20 hours ago
- RT @Animals1st: The Cove: Sign the Petition to Help Save Japan's Dolphins >>> takeaction.takepart.com/actions/cove-h… http://t.co/J3kUDK0h3y 1 day ago
- RT @Chewster2e: Woman sues dog walker who lost pit bull after 'flipping out' nyp.st/1BklDdq via @nypost http://t.co/bAvVbQi7OL 1 week ago
- RT @BosnianRescue: @occupyforanimal @ESDAW_Europe @BalkanDogs #Sarajevo: Volunteers Give Hope to Forgotten #Dogs journalistsforanimals.com/sarajevo-volun… htt… 1 week ago
Please answer poll
Site Posts Calendar
Oxford Indymedia Events
- How to fight the tax cheats April 1, 2015 at 6:30 pm Friends Meeting House, 43 St Giles, Oxford, OX1 3LW.
- Britain in the World. Q&A with Parliamentary Candidates April 23, 2015 at 6:00 pm Oxford Town Hall, St Aldates, Central Oxford OX1 1BX
Climate Change Events
- Microstructural evolution during HT deformation - MicroDIce Final conference March 30, 2015 – April 2, 2015 Montpellier, France
- Integrated Hydrosystem Modelling Conference 2015 April 7, 2015 – April 11, 2015 Tuebingen, Germany
- From Hooke to Helioseismology: The UK’s contribution to seismolo gy – past, present and future April 9, 2015 – April 11, 2015 Leicester, England
- Conference on Complex Networks and Climate Variability April 11, 2015 – April 13, 2015 Vienna, Austria
- EGU General Assembly 2015 April 12, 2015 – April 18, 2015 Vienna, Austria
- Spring Meeting - World Bank Group and International Monetary Fund April 17, 2015 at 8:00 am – April 19, 2015 at 4:00 pm , Washington D.C, United States
- IAIA15: Impact Assessment in the Digital Era April 20, 2015 at 8:15 am – April 23, 2015 at 4:00 pm Firenze Fiera Congress & Exhibition Center , Florence, Italy
- International Chemical and Oil Pollution Conference and Exhibition April 21, 2015 at 7:30 am – April 24, 2015 at 5:30 pm , , Singapore
- Global Water Summit: The Water Value Revolution April 26, 2015 at 11:00 pm – 11:00 pm , Athens, Greece
- IFC Sustainability Exchange May 20, 2015 at 8:00 am – May 21, 2015 at 4:00 pm , Washington, United States
- IWRA World Water Congress XV May 24, 2015 at 11:00 pm – May 28, 2015 at 11:00 pm , Edinburgh, United Kingdom