HARRINGTON SAINTS: Pride And Tradition: CD
Originally posted on Profane Existence:
HARRINGTON SAINTS have been around since 2005 and Pride and Tradition is their second full-length album and is produced by Lars Frederiksen from RANCID and he did a great job on it. The production is nice and clear, but gritty enough to keep the edge that this band has. Eleven tracks planted firmly in the vein of Oi and Street Punk that made me want to grab a pint, start jumping around and learn the words to shout along with on this album. You get lyrics about class warfare, getting screwed over by those rich bastards, lots of frustration, and about giving up and just rotting on the couch. This has a lot of touches of classic Oi bands, but still keeps things going without being slavishly bound to their influences. As soon as I put this album on, it just started being on of the better Street Punk and Oi albums…
View original 82 more words
- China to treble wind capacity in 10 years July 2, 2015China is set to treble its wind power capacity by 2025, but future growth will be limited unless the nation's grid technology is developed.
- Biogen achieves landmark net zero carbon footprint across global business July 1, 2015Biotechnology specialist Biogen has reached carbon neutrality globally, the company announced yesterday (30 June).
- China confirms 2030 cap on emissions ahead of Paris conference June 30, 2015China has formally pledged to peak its carbon emissions by 2030, but says it could begin reductions ahead of time.
- GALLERY: Top 10 sustainability stories in June 2015 June 30, 2015June has been a month of major investments, policy change and landmark decisions. Take a look back at the month's major stories with edie's gallery round up.
- Virgin Atlantic decouples profitability from carbon June 30, 2015Virgin Atlantic has cut its carbon intensity by 2% in the past year thanks its growing fleet of fuel-efficient aircraft.
- Obama to Attenborough: 'We're not moving fast enough on climate change' June 29, 2015US President Barack Obama has admitted to Sir David Attenborough that the US is "not moving as fast as we need to" in its efforts to tackle climate change.
- Heathrow expansion risks deepening London's air pollution crisis July 1, 2015A third runway could throw air quality standards and UK climate targets to the wind The UK government’s Airports Commission has recommended that a new runway at Heathrow should go ahead, but only with a legally binding commitment to control air and noise pollution.If the government decides to act on Howard Davies’ recommendation (and doing so would be a poli […]Arthur Neslen
- Church of England divests from Soco oil firm over Virunga operations July 1, 2015CoE sells £1.6m stake, citing ethical concerns over UK firm’s controversial plans to drill in the Congo national park that’s a last stronghold for endangered mountain gorillasThe Church of England (CoE) has sold its stake in a British oil and gas company over allegations of bribery, corruption and human rights abuses and what it said was the company’s failur […]Adam Vaughan
- Are we on the brink of an electric car revolution? July 1, 2015Electric car sales have fallen far short of predictions, but the global push to cut carbon emissions and improved techology could see them poised to hit the mainstream, says Renault-Nissan’s head, Carlos GhosnCarlos Ghosn, the fast-talking head of the Renault-Nissan alliance, is not keen to be drawn on targets for electric car sales. A 2011 prediction of 1.5 […]Damian Carrington
- Peter Turkson: the public face of Pope Francis's war on global warming July 1, 2015Ghanian cardinal who unveiled the encyclical on climate change is vital to the pope’s vision of an outward-engaging church acting for the poorWhen Pope Francis decided after his election in 2013 that he wanted to transform the Catholic church’s teaching on ecology and equality – and put a call for environmental action at the heart of his papacy – Peter Turks […]Stephanie Kirchgaessner
- Badgers, bullfrogs and birdsong: your June wildlife photos July 1, 2015We asked you to share your June pictures of the wildlife around the world with which we share our outdoor spaces. Here’s our pick of the bestJoin in July’s Wildlife on your doorstep via GuardianWitness Continue reading...Guardian readers and Tom Stevens
- China makes carbon pledge ahead of Paris climate change summit June 30, 2015China submits carbon-curbing plan to UN ahead of Paris climate change summit, saying it will ‘work hard’ to peak emissions earlier than 2030 targetChina will aim to cut its greenhouse gas emissions per unit of gross domestic product by 60-65% from 2005 levels under a plan submitted to the United Nations ahead of crucial climate change talks in Paris later th […]Jennifer Duggan in Shanghai
- Finance January 23, 2013Short title: Finance Our work is challenging Scottish finance to become more sustainable and democratic. Find out more. Background image:
- Dance For The Climate November 11, 2009In August 2009 over 10.000 people danced for the climate on the Ostend Beach in Belgium. By joining this global movement and adding your own dance video to this site, you make your own statement that we have to act now on climate change. read more
- News teaser September 29, 2009Contact the Friends of the Earth Scotland media office: During working hours: 0131 243 2719 Out of hours: 0131 243 2715 Go to the blog Share buttons: No buttons
- Our Successes August 11, 2009Our campaigns get noticed and without us Scotland would not have many of the environmental successes we have today. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Our Purpose August 11, 2009We are the leading organisation in Scotland that is working for environmental justice, campaigning for the planet and its people. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Tower Hamlets - the Commissioners are being steamed up!Tower Hamlets Council is not in the news at present. Could it be that the Commissioners sent in by former Local Govt Minister (Secretary of State, Department for Communities and Local Government) Eric Pickles have sorted out the “rotten borough”?
- Disinformation on Northern IndymediaThe accusations currently posted to Northern Indymedia that one of our collective is a police informer, and that IP addresses have been passed to the police by members of this collective are both untrue and offensive.
- Rachel Dolezal case proves 'melting pot' to be falseTheir aim is career development, our aim is a better life. The link to the original, http://blackdefence.wix.com/blackdefense#!Rachel-Dolezal-case-proves-melting-pot-to-be-false/c1hn4/558a82df0cf2ef0f928adae7
- Fracking victory in Lancashire!A significant battle in the war against fracking was won by campaigners in northern England on Monday June 29.
- The USA used NGOs in former USSR republics to recruit Muslim students for ISISISIS terrorist grouping, now the major threat to international stability, sticks to successfully recruiting new combatants into its ranks. They are not only Muslims of Middle East origin but also European Muslims and young people from former USSR republics, the latter being the main source of new recruits to ISIS at present time.
- Press release: Primitive fish return to Yorkshire and the North East July 1, 2015A rare and protected fish has returned to Yorkshire and the North East for its annual spawning as water quality in the region’s rivers continues to improve. The Environment Agency, working with local angling groups and Natural England, has been surveying the rivers searching for the rare, jawless fish called the lamprey. So far the Environment Agency has ide […]
- Press release: Landowner fined for illegal waste wood July 1, 2015Banbury Magistrates’ Court heard (30 June 2015) that Mr Gordon Jones, of The Old Dairy, The Green, Hethe, Bicester had accumulated an extensive amount of waste wood at his ‘Field Farm’ site – an agricultural holding situated in Bainton Crossroads, Stoke Lyn, Bicester. Mr Gordon was fined £2,000, ordered to pay costs of £3,000 and £120 victim surcharge. Repor […]
- Press release: New eel passes installed on the Bedford Ouse June 29, 2015The eel passes have been installed at sluices between St Ives and Houghton. Eel stocks have been identified as ‘critically low’ in Europe and installation of these new passes should help more of them to get past structures in the Bedford Ouse and on upstream. Helping eels on their fantastic journey Juvenile eels (Leptocephali) start their fantastic journey i […]
- Press release: 1,000 trees planted at Houghton Trout stream June 29, 2015Up to 1,000 trees have been planted on the banks of the Houghton Trout stream, part of the river Ouse, which is an important refuge for many fish species. Shade created by the trees and from erecting fences will help reduce the chances of the river becoming too warm for freshwater wildlife as the result of a changing climate. Trees have been planted as part […]
- Press release: Fish survey reveals huge variety in River Thames June 26, 2015The survey found dace, smelt and common bream, as well as marine species such as sea bass and flounder. A variety of invertebrates, which are an important food source, and some rare and unexpected fish, such as pogges were also discovered. Specialist fisheries teams surveyed fish populations at 8 locations on the tidal Thames, between Gravesend and Richmond, […]
- RT @Matt_Dominguez: #WhenIWasAKid a bond w/ animals was developed which drives me today to fight against those who seek to harm them! http:… 1 day ago
- RT @Protect_Wldlife: Please Sign & RT: Stop Live Fish, Turtles & Other Amphibians Being Sold As Keyrings In China! thepetitionsite.com/tell-a-friend/… h… 1 day ago
- RT @peta: For hiking, going out on the town, or a day at the beach. 16 #Vegan Shoes for #Summer: peta.vg/summershoes http://t.co/mUtAvR4… 1 week ago
- RT @TakePart: 3 tiny houses that let you live green + off the grid: bit.ly/1fBGnui http://t.co/NnwVTuJDHe 1 week ago
- RT @wwwfoecouk: Campaigners alarmed over plans to sell stake in Green Investment Bank: theguardian.com/environment/20… http://t.co/9LiKoSNGi6 1 week ago
- I'm going to @theviewtv at The Golf Tavern in Edinburgh, United Kingdom - Jun 27 bandsintown.com/event/10137549… 1 week ago
- I'm going to @DeadKennedys at King Tuts Wah Wah Hut in Glasgow, United Kingdom - Jun 25 bandsintown.com/event/9378138?… 1 week ago
- I'm giving away free Drier @ bit.ly/1GBGW1g 2 weeks ago
Please answer poll
Site Posts Calendar
Oxford Indymedia Events
No upcoming events
Climate Change Events
- 26th IUGG General Assembly 2015 June 22, 2015 – July 3, 2015 Prague, Czech Republic
- Land-atmosphere interactions: coupling between the energy, water and carbon cycles June 22, 2015 – July 2, 2015 Valsavarenche, Italy
- CIDER 2015 Summer Program "Solid Earth Dynamics and Climate - Mant le Interactions with the Hydrosphere & Carbosphere June 28, 2015 – August 1, 2015 Berkeley (CA), USA
- The emerging technology conference June 30, 2015 – July 2, 2015 Manchester, United Kingdom
- 'Gradualism versus catastrophism in landscape evolution' IAG Regio nal Conference July 2, 2015 – July 5, 2015 Barnaul, Russia
- SPE Latin America and Caribbean HSE and Sustainability Conference July 7, 2015 at 9:30 am – July 8, 2015 at 5:30 pm , Bogotá, Colombia
- ICCB-ECCB - Mission Biodiversity: Choosing new paths for conservation August 2, 2015 at 9:00 am – August 6, 2015 at 5:00 pm Le Corum- Esplanade Charles De Gaulle, Montpellier, France
- UNFCCC ADP 3 August 31, 2015 at 12:00 am – September 4, 2015 at 12:00 am , Bonn, Germany
- Sustainable Procurement & Supply Summit September 22, 2015 at 9:00 am – 5:00 pm , London, United Kingdom
- Reporting Working Group meeting September 29, 2015 at 9:00 am – October 1, 2015 at 5:00 pm Tullow Oil, London, United Kingdom
- 2015 Annual Meetings of the World Bank Group and the International Monetary n Fund October 9, 2015 at 9:00 am – October 11, 2015 at 5:00 pm , Lima, Peru