HARRINGTON SAINTS: Pride And Tradition: CD
Originally posted on Profane Existence:
HARRINGTON SAINTS have been around since 2005 and Pride and Tradition is their second full-length album and is produced by Lars Frederiksen from RANCID and he did a great job on it. The production is nice and clear, but gritty enough to keep the edge that this band has. Eleven tracks planted firmly in the vein of Oi and Street Punk that made me want to grab a pint, start jumping around and learn the words to shout along with on this album. You get lyrics about class warfare, getting screwed over by those rich bastards, lots of frustration, and about giving up and just rotting on the couch. This has a lot of touches of classic Oi bands, but still keeps things going without being slavishly bound to their influences. As soon as I put this album on, it just started being on of the better Street Punk and Oi albums…
View original 82 more words
- What I want from Paris: 21 climate leaders on COP21 - Part two December 1, 2015EXCLUSIVE: In the second of our two-part feature, sustainability leaders from the likes of Mars, Heineken and IKEA tell edie what they want to see from the Paris climate talks.
- Air pollution killing 430,000 Europeans a year November 30, 2015Air pollution is responsible for up to 430,000 premature deaths a year across Europe, a new report from the European Environment Agency (EEA) has found.
- Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg launch renewable energy investment group November 30, 2015Some of the world's most powerful figures including Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg and Richard Branson have announced a new collaboration aimed at creating affordable and reliable clean energy for the entire planet.
- Global energy consulting sector grows to almost $15bn November 30, 2015The global energy and resources consulting market grew 6% to $14.7bn in 2014 despite slumping oil prices, a new report from consultancy firm Source has found.
- Prince Charles in plan to help investors take polluting firms to court November 27, 2015Prince Charles is taking part in a project to expose major polluting corporations based in Commonwealth nations to big-money legal action if they fail to accurately disclose their impact on climate change or reform their ways.
- What I want from Paris: 21 climate leaders on COP21 - Part one November 30, 2015EXCLUSIVE: In the first of a two-part feature, edie brings you the voices of sustainability professionals, politicians, businessmen and environmental activists on what they want to see from the Paris climate talks, which kick off today (30 November).
- Heathrow expansion should face strict environmental conditions, say MPs December 1, 2015Government urged not to sign off on third runway until airport shows it accepts key noise and emissions targetsFinal government approval for the expansion of Heathrow should be withheld until Europe’s busiest airport can demonstrate that it accepts and will comply with key environmental conditions, a parliamentary committee has concluded.MPs on the environme […]Ben Quinn
- Malcolm Turnbull pledges $1bn to help tackle climate change – video December 1, 2015The prime minister, Malcolm Turnbull, tells the UN summit on climate change in Paris on Monday that Australia is “inspired and energised” in the face of the challenges posed by global warming and rising sea levels. Pledging to ratify the second commitment period of the Kyoto protocol, which is said to be a largely symbolic move, Turnbull also says ‘innovatio […]Guardian Staff
- The wonder of wigeon December 1, 2015Claxton, Norfolk Wigeon seem finely engineered, slender winged and pre-oiled so that all parts slide freely through the airThe wind was bitter and ice-edged and it inflicted a final layer of melancholy on the dank marsh, the slumped reeds, the plain of grey overhead and the river Yare, which was just leaden ooze twisting on an outgoing tide. Eventually I fel […]Mark Cocker
- European civilisation in hands of French cheesemakers, says Prince Charles December 1, 2015British future monarch given prize for organic farming by French and says he fears traditional cheese will disappear in a world of genetically modified producePrince Charles has revealed he fears for the very existence of traditional French cheeses as he received a prize in Paris for his long-term commitment to organic farming.Having spoken earlier at the op […]Agence France-Presse
- 'We can't go on as we are': why sustainability is the big issue of our time December 1, 2015Guardian Sustainable Business launches in Australia today. We’ve asked a group of leading experts to advise us on our work in this field, and here some of them explain what sustainability means to them, and why everybody should be thinking about itWhat is Guardian Sustainable Business? Find out hereAs the world puts its hope in the Paris UN climate change co […]Guardian Staff
- New generation wave energy: could it provide one third of Australia's electricity? December 1, 2015A company called Carnegie Wave Energy is pushing the boundaries of wave-energy technology, and Australian island and coastal communities could be the first to take advantage of it What is Guardian Sustainable Business? Find out here Meet our advisory council Alan Burns had an “epiphany” about the potential of ocean energy after being pummelled by the surf of […]Giles Parkinson
- Finance January 23, 2013Short title: Finance Our work is challenging Scottish finance to become more sustainable and democratic. Find out more. Background image:
- Dance For The Climate November 11, 2009In August 2009 over 10.000 people danced for the climate on the Ostend Beach in Belgium. By joining this global movement and adding your own dance video to this site, you make your own statement that we have to act now on climate change. read more
- News teaser September 29, 2009Contact the Friends of the Earth Scotland media office: During working hours: 0131 243 2719 Out of hours: 0131 243 2715 Go to the blog Share buttons: No buttons
- Our Successes August 11, 2009Our campaigns get noticed and without us Scotland would not have many of the environmental successes we have today. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Our Purpose August 11, 2009We are the leading organisation in Scotland that is working for environmental justice, campaigning for the planet and its people. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Paris – tear gas, grenades and hundreds of arrestsTear gas and grenades were fired by French riot cops against brave activists who defied martial law in France – and more than 200 people were arrested.
- RACIST TROLL IS BANKER @slatedl #ANTIFA @slatfascists @misscheeky666 #ukip #edlOne of the most vilest and hateful racist / Islamophobic twitter accounts is Juliette (@juliet777777) who pretends they live in the United Kingdom. Obsessively tweeting extreme hatred against Muslims throughout the day or night, an early tweet from 2011 reveals "Juliette" to be a male hedge fund ex-banker from Hudson, New York called Bruce Krasting […]
- RACIST TROLL EXPOSED @edlnews @misscheeky666 @seigfails @beaumontbee @ant1faneOne of the most vilest and hateful racist / Islamophobic twitter accounts is Juliette (@juliet777777) who pretends they live in the United Kingdom. Obsessively tweeting extreme hatred against Muslims throughout the day or night, an early tweet from 2011 reveals "Juliette" to be a male hedge fund ex-banker from Hudson, New York called Bruce Krasting […]
- NOTORIOUS RACIST EXPOSED #ANTIFA #UKIP @loup_dargent @JLRFB @slatedl @slatukipOne of the most vilest and hateful racist / Islamophobic twitter accounts is Juliette (@juliet777777) who pretends they live in the United Kingdom. Obsessively tweeting extreme hatred against Muslims throughout the day or night, an early tweet from 2012 reveals "Juliette" to be a male hedge fund ex-banker from Hudson, New York called Bruce Krasting […]
- Sheffield #DontBombSyria ProtestDespite the rain several hundred anti-war protesters gathered outside Sheffield Town Hall on 28th November 2015 to protest again the the intention of the UK government to join a bombing campaign in Syria.
- Press release: Environment Agency clamping down on illegal waste sites November 30, 2015Environment Agency officers visited around 25 sites and industrial units across the South East as part of Operation Rooster. Further investigations are ongoing into several of them, which may result in enforcement action. The operation involves targeted action against illegal waste sites. This was the first of 4 days of action which will take place over the […]
- Press release: Largest fine for South West Water after pollution of Devon stream November 30, 2015Plymouth Crown Court heard how a combination of equipment failure and poor management on the part of South West Water led to poorly treated sewage entering the Craddock stream, downstream from its Ashill Sewage Treatment Works, near Cullompton. The Environment Agency found pollution in the stream in September 2013 and again in December 2013 which affected a […]
- Press release: New £6.6 million Albert Dock flood defences completed November 27, 2015Updated: Photo addedAn official visit to mark completion of new flood defences at Albert Dock in Hull will take place on Tuesday December 1. Representatives from the Environment Agency, Hull City Council, the Humber Local Enterprise Partnership, Associated British Ports and the local community will inspect the works which include 1.6 kilometres of new flood […]
- Press release: Showcase Cornish farm hosts Environment Agency Chairman November 30, 2015Killock Farm, owned by Mark and Jo Vickery, supports 2,000 pigs, beef and sheep and is within a river catchment that impacts directly on the bathing water at the popular tourist beach of Summerleaze in Bude. The catchment surrounding Bude Summerleaze is approximately 8,870 hectares and dominated by intensive agricultural production. The steep nature of the c […]
- News story: Rod licence sales to fund even more angling improvement projects November 27, 2015The Environment Agency has released the extra money to be spent between now and the end of March 2016, sufficient to fund up to 50 additional projects. This move, which recognises the huge desire among anglers to develop their local facilities, has been made possible by good rod licence sales. The extra funding will be offered through rounds 3 and 4. Funding […]
- tonights wee tipple. #malt #finlaggan https://t.co/8XLmZ8SleN 1 day ago
- RT @Freja_Petersen: Pls sign/RT: We the people demand that Katie Brown get the Maximum penalty for Animal Abuse change.org/p/president-of… htt… 2 days ago
- RT @AnimalRRights: Dog faces third winter chained outside in Iowa; family refused doghouse offer rightrelevance.com/search/article… https://t.co/94SOd… 2 days ago
- RT @Freja_Petersen: Please sign and share Stop Yulin festival now! change.org/p/chinese-gove… https://t.co/S6AOkabhJa 3 days ago
- https://t.co/eaNQ7qHmgA 3 days ago
- facebook.com/groups/5278700… South Lanarkshire against fly tipping. 3 days ago
- 269 Action Scotland hanger17.wordpress.com/2015/11/27/269… 3 days ago
- facebook.com/groups/269Acti… 3 days ago
Please answer poll
Site Posts Calendar
Oxford Indymedia Events
No upcoming events
Climate Change Events
- ESO Workshop: Solar system as seen by the ELTs November 30, 2015 – December 4, 2015 Garching, Germany
- 5th International Alluvial Fans Meeting November 30, 2015 – December 4, 2015 Christchurch, New Zealand
- World Soils Day Event December 2, 2015 London, UK
- 2015 AGU Fall Meeting December 14, 2015 – December 18, 2015 San Francisco, USA
- Tectonic Studies Group 2016 Annual Meeting January 6, 2016 – January 8, 2016 London, UK
- COP-21 side event: Low-emissions pathways and the role of oil and gas December 4, 2015 at 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm IETA-WBCSD Business Hub, Paris, France
- Global Landscapes Forum 2015 December 5, 2015 at 9:00 am – December 6, 2015 at 5:00 pm Paris, , France
- International Petroleum Technology Conference (IPTC): Technology and n Partnerships for a Sustainable Energy Future December 6, 2015 at 12:00 am – December 9, 2015 at 12:00 am Qatar National Convention Centre, Doha, Qatar
- 9th International Petroleum Technology Conference (IPTC) December 6, 2015 at 9:00 am – December 9, 2015 at 5:00 pm , Doha, Qatar
- WBCSD ExCom Council Meeting and AGM December 7, 2015 at 9:00 am – December 10, 2015 at 5:00 pm Paris, , France
- Sub-Committee of Experts on the Globally Harmonized System of Classification n and Labelling of Chemicals (30th session) December 9, 2015 at 9:00 am – December 11, 2015 at 5:00 pm , Geneva, Switzerland