HARRINGTON SAINTS: Pride And Tradition: CD
HARRINGTON SAINTS have been around since 2005 and Pride and Tradition is their second full-length album and is produced by Lars Frederiksen from RANCID and he did a great job on it. The production is nice and clear, but gritty enough to keep the edge that this band has. Eleven tracks planted firmly in the vein of Oi and Street Punk that made me want to grab a pint, start jumping around and learn the words to shout along with on this album. You get lyrics about class warfare, getting screwed over by those rich bastards, lots of frustration, and about giving up and just rotting on the couch. This has a lot of touches of classic Oi bands, but still keeps things going without being slavishly bound to their influences. As soon as I put this album on, it just started being on of the better Street Punk and Oi albums…
View original post 82 more words
- World's largest canmaker updates sustainability goals to account for Rexam acquisition August 30, 2016The world's largest canmaker Ball Corporation, has outlined a new sustainability agenda which will see it adopt science-based carbon targets and lead the field in next-generation spacecraft propulsion systems.
- Olam gains water certification for plantation as Fairtrade warns of climate-driven coffee decline August 30, 2016With a new report from Fairtrade warning that climate change could stunt global coffee production by 50%, supplier Olam International has become the first agri-business globally to achieve the Alliance for Water Stewardship (AWS) Standard - for it's coffee plantation in Tanzania.
- The Anthropocene epoch: scientists declare dawn of human-influenced age August 30, 2016Humanity's impact on the Earth is now so profound that a new geological epoch - the Anthropocene - needs to be declared, according to an official expert group who presented the recommendation to the International Geological Congress in Cape Town on Monday.
- Coca-Cola hits global water replenishment goal five years early August 29, 2016Soft drinks giant Coca-Cola has become the first Fortune 500 Company to replenish all of the water it uses globally back to nature and communities.
- Investors controlling $13tn call on G20 leaders to ratify Paris climate agreement August 24, 2016A group of 130 institutions that control US$13tn of investments have called on G20 nations to ratify the Paris Agreement this year and accelerate investment in clean energy and forced disclosure of climate-related financial risk.
- Removal of trade barriers key to reaching global climate targets, says World Energy Council August 22, 2016As analysis suggests that the Paris Agreement could be ratified by the end of this year, a new report from the World Energy Council concludes that the energy objectives set at COP21 could be met if national Governments reduce barriers to trade and investment of environmental goods.
- Lead and arsenic in soil forces Indiana project residents to abandon homes August 30, 2016Over 1,000 people in West Calumet confronted with displacement after officials move to demolish complex where EPA confirmed high lead levels decades agoThree boys chase each other and a small dog around a tree at the West Calumet public housing project in East Chicago, Indiana, under the watchful eyes of 80-year-old Mary Fluellen .“Wash your hands when you g […]Kari Lydersen in East Chicago, Indiana
- North Dakota oil pipeline protesters stand their ground: 'This is sacred land' August 29, 2016Pipeline’s planned route takes it close to Standing Rock Sioux reservation and Cannon Ball, which could endanger drinking water and threaten sacred sitesThe Cannonball river flows into the mighty Missouri about 50 miles due south of Bismarck, North Dakota.At its confluence, a protest encampment – really a series of camps, on both sides of the Cannonball, str […]Nicky Woolf in Cannon Ball, North Dakota
- ‘We’re not going home’: inside the North Dakota oil pipeline protest – video August 29, 2016There is a battle under way near Cannon Ball, North Dakota, over plans for a multibillion-dollar oil pipeline. The North Dakota Access pipeline will run just outside the formal boundary of the Standing Rock Sioux reservation, and tribal members fear it will pollute local drinking water and disturb sacred sitesFaces of the North Dakota pipeline protest: ‘Sacr […]Chris Whitworth, Sara Lafleur-Vetter and Dean Dedman Jr
- Record tourism in national parks comes with increasing threats – antsy humans August 28, 2016Yellowstone and other major parks grapple with illegal camping, vandalism, theft of resources, wildlife harassment and other misbehavior from visitorsOn the edge of a meadow in Yellowstone national park, tourist John Gleason crept through the grass, four small children close behind, inching toward a bull elk with antlers like small trees.“They’re going to gi […]Associated Press in Yellowstone national park, Wyoming
- 'I was born to do this': national park rangers on their triumphs and tragedies August 27, 2016As the National Park Service turns 100, longtime rangers reflect on tasks ranging from teaching rescue missions – and the sexism many female rangers faceAndrea “Andy” Lankford often came close to death during her twelve years as a ranger for the National Park Service. But there was nothing quite as horrific as the time she ended up with parts of a human brai […]Nicole Puglise and Sam Levin
- Ditch the car: how to visit America's national parks without the congestion August 27, 2016Traffic congestion has become part of the experience of visiting popular national parks in the US. Now, more parks are beefing up their public transport optionsRead our series: National Park Service turns 100If you’ve ever visited an iconic national park like Yellowstone, Yosemite or Glacier, your first glimpses of arresting, postcard-perfect vistas were pro […]Mary Catherine O'Connor
- Divest January 23, 2013Short title: Divest Our work is challenging Scottish finance to become more sustainable and democratic. Find out more. Background image:
- Dance For The Climate November 11, 2009In August 2009 over 10.000 people danced for the climate on the Ostend Beach in Belgium. By joining this global movement and adding your own dance video to this site, you make your own statement that we have to act now on climate change. read more
- News teaser September 29, 2009Contact the Friends of the Earth Scotland media office: During working hours: 0131 243 2719 Out of hours: 0131 243 2715 Go to the blog Share buttons: No buttons
- Our Successes August 11, 2009Our campaigns get noticed and without us Scotland would not have many of the environmental successes we have today. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Our Purpose August 11, 2009We are the leading organisation in Scotland that is working for environmental justice, campaigning for the planet and its people. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- #ANTIFA: #TEDDYBEARS #PICNIC @slatukip @dubdanu @siegfails @misscheeky666 @JLRFBLESS THAN thirty brazen little crybabies escaped the clutches of mummy and daddy to parked their prams in Hyde Park for their annual Teddybears Trump Picnic, whilst policemen in riot gear stood guard for the nasty big bogeymen from the UAF, who had threatened to turn up and spoil the fun of the little Angels and cherubs of the EDL's Hitler Pre-School Di […]
- Ambulance Targeting Was Based On Turkish DisinformationIt was an American-made helicopter abusing the name of a First Nations tribe which penetrated Syrian territory coming from Golan late June, in bright daylight approached a nameless Czech-made ambulance car, and fired a B7EV type air-to-ground missile killing a patient plus other inmates en route to a civilian hospital. One of many, too many casualties in a f […]
- Ex-Royal Military Policeman accused of harassing Sussex Police Commissioner KatySussex Police and Crime Commissioner Katy Bourne is being harassed by an ex- Royal Military Policeman, while Sussex Police stand by allowing it to continue.
- What is Grybauskaite silent about?As early as the beginning of the first presidential term, at the meeting with members of Lithuanian National Security and Defence Committee, Dalia Grybauskaite took up the question of making public materials, stored in the archives and connected with the activities of KGB and other secret services, worked in Lithuania. "Lustration has to be finished by […]
- Abu Sayyaf Release Australian Alternative Therapist for GoodDespite a recent surge of violence on the archipelago, militants in the Philippine Islands this week set free an Australian hostage they had held in captivity for three years. The 38 year old Raph Ader who had been vacationing in a local community aside from the overcrowded beaches was abducted during a speed boat round trip in the area, of which his wife ha […]
- Press release: Exeter flood defence scheme works to start in Exwick August 31, 2016Work gets underway on a new flood embankment around Exwick playing fields next week (5 September). The work, which aims to reduce flood risk to properties behind the playing fields, is part of the second phase of Exeter’s flood defence scheme. Two out of the three playing fields will remain open during the works but the third playing field, which is closest […]
- Press release: Bank Holiday blitz on illegal fishing August 31, 2016More than 400 North East anglers had their rod licences checked in a Bank Holiday blitz on illegal angling. Environment Agency Fisheries Enforcement officers were out on patrol and acting on intelligence to seek out those fishing without a licence. They made 369 first time checks on anglers right across the North East, and 40 repeat checks of anglers who off […]
- Press release: Marlow flood alleviation scheme drop in session August 26, 2016The Environment Agency is holding a public drop in session on Thursday 8 September 2016 for the local community to find out more about the Marlow flood alleviation scheme and the advanced works that will be starting in September 2016. The drop-in session will be held between 4pm and 7.30pm at: The Liston Hall Chapel Street Marlow SL7 1DD There will be inform […]
- Press release: Major bank repairs start on the River Aire August 26, 2016Significant repairs to flood banks along the River Aire in East Yorkshire are currently underway by the Environment Agency, to repair damage done by the Christmas floods and reduce the risk of flooding to local communities. Work is ongoing at Carlton, near Goole, and work has started this week at West Haddlesey to strengthen flood banks. This is part of a pa […]
- Press release: Illegal crayfish traps recovered from North East river August 26, 2016Environment Agency fisheries officers are investigating after four illegal crayfish traps were recovered from the River Wear. On Wednesday night, Fisheries Enforcement Officers on patrol acted on information about four traps in the river at Shincliffe, County Durham. They seized them and are now carrying out further enquiries. Now experts are reminding peopl […]
- SFA and loch lomond hanger17.wordpress.com/2016/08/22/sfa… https://t.co/VzxH8GhF7X 1 week ago
- RT @BGPuk: Foster home needed urgently for the beautiful Joey - Can you help? (Midlands Area) #greyhounds #rescue #dogs #foster https://t.c… 2 weeks ago
- @Protect_Wldlife @Wildlife_Focus almost definitely 2 weeks ago
- RT @ThePetReader: We share this astounding planet...We do NOT own it🐾🐾#TuesdayMotivation #animallover #LifeisBeautiful #thepetreader https:… 3 weeks ago
- RT @AmyRoseKathryn: Please don't allow a rabbit battery farm to open in Gnosall, Staffordshire! change.org/p/stafford-bor… https://t.co/Hq15cL… 3 weeks ago
- A750 slant streetfightered. https://t.co/tjIomwNGmL 3 weeks ago
- Over the past few weeks, the last of the UK’s big supermarkets have announced commitments to stop selling whole shell eggs from caged hens. 4 weeks ago
- RT @nascar_lens: Top 10 Most Awesome Customized Motor-Trikes goo.gl/KZUi1o https://t.co/zxqApBPkyt 1 month ago
Please answer poll
Site Posts Calendar
Oxford Indymedia Events
No upcoming events
Climate Change Events
- Summer school “Volcanism, Plate Tectonics, Hydrothermal Vents and Life” August 23, 2016 – September 1, 2016 Angra do Heroismo, Azores, Portugal
- 35th International Geological Congress August 27, 2016 – September 4, 2016 Cape Town, South Africa
- 15th International Swiss Climate Summer School August 28, 2016 – September 2, 2016 Grindelwald, Switzerland
- XVII IAGA Workshop on Geomagnetic Observatory Instruments, Data acquisition and Processing September 4, 2016 – September 10, 2016 Dourbes, Belgium
- 88th Congress of the Italian Geological Society September 7, 2016 – September 9, 2016 Naples, Italy
No upcoming events