HARRINGTON SAINTS: Pride And Tradition: CD
HARRINGTON SAINTS have been around since 2005 and Pride and Tradition is their second full-length album and is produced by Lars Frederiksen from RANCID and he did a great job on it. The production is nice and clear, but gritty enough to keep the edge that this band has. Eleven tracks planted firmly in the vein of Oi and Street Punk that made me want to grab a pint, start jumping around and learn the words to shout along with on this album. You get lyrics about class warfare, getting screwed over by those rich bastards, lots of frustration, and about giving up and just rotting on the couch. This has a lot of touches of classic Oi bands, but still keeps things going without being slavishly bound to their influences. As soon as I put this album on, it just started being on of the better Street Punk and Oi albums…
View original post 82 more words
- Developed nations 'confident' of hitting $100bn climate action pledge October 18, 2016Developed countries are "confident" that $100bn will be financed annually to aid climate actions in developing countries by 2020, a new report compiled by the UK and Australia has revealed.
- Panasonic embraces the power of partnerships to drive green innovation October 17, 2016Japanese electronics firm Panasonic has ramped up its involvement in the low-carbon agenda, forming two new collaborative partnerships with automaker Tesla and energy management solutions provider Schneider electric to develop new solar PV cells and smart building technology.
- Kigali deal on HFCs is big step in fighting climate change October 17, 2016They went to Kigali to eliminate hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs) and take 0.5C out of future global warming, and the 170 countries that successfully negotiated an amendment to the Montreal protocol treaty agreed to get rid of 90% of them. Not bad for four days and three long nights of hard work.
- Businesses urged to view water as economic risk rather than environmental issue October 13, 2016Efforts to combat water scarcity are "absent from the portfolios" of investors, and it is now the responsibility of the private sector to step up water efficiency practices to build understanding that water is an economic risk as well as an environmental one.
- Coal would last 'a thousand years' in Trump's US October 10, 2016With polling day just one month away, presidential candidates Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton offered two very different glimpses into the future of US energy policy.
- Global aviation climate deal agreed: 'Mission accomplished' or 'timid step' forward? October 7, 2016Representatives from 191 nations finally pieced together a global deal to introduce a carbon offset scheme for the aviation sector in Montreal last night (6 October), although the agreement has been acknowledged as a "timid step in the right direction" by green groups.
- Why has climate change been ignored in the US election debates? October 19, 2016While we rake over Clinton’s emails and Trump’s late-night tweets, climate has been the elephant in the room, leaving scientists and campaigners asking why there hasn’t been a single direct question about the crisis Climate change has been the elephant in the room during the past two US presidential debates. Ignoring this issue would be more understandable i […]Oliver Milman
- Amy Goodman showed us the perils of standing up to the fossil fuel industry | May Boeve October 18, 2016The rights of activists and journalists are under threat wherever communities challenge Big Oil – in North Dakota and beyond Related: Judge rejects riot charges for journalist Amy Goodman after oil pipeline protest For far too long, the world had been ignoring the North Dakota anti-pipelines protests. Then the Democracy Now! host Amy Goodman captured private […]May Boeve
- Pedals the bear, known for walking on hind legs, apparently killed by hunters October 18, 2016Body of bear with Pedals’ markings taken to weigh station by hunter, wildlife officials say, in New Jersey’s first sanctioned bow and arrow hunt in decadesPedals, a famed black bear who wandered around New Jersey on two legs like a human, appears to have been killed in the state’s first sanctioned bow and arrow hunt in four decades.Wildlife officials said th […]Oliver Milman in New York
- Judge rejects riot charges for journalist Amy Goodman after oil pipeline protest October 17, 2016Authorities had issued a warrant for her arrest after Democracy Now! host filmed guards for the Dakota access pipeline using dogs and pepper spray on protestersNorth Dakota arrest warrant for Amy Goodman raises fears for press freedomA North Dakota judge rejected prosecutors’ “riot” charges against Democracy Now! host Amy Goodman for her reporting on the oil […]Sam Levin in San Francisco
- This new technology could save the troubled nuclear power industry October 16, 2016Small nuclear reactors, funded by investors like Bill Gates, are emerging in the US as cheaper, safer alternatives to traditional nuclear power plant designsThe future of the nuclear industry may happen somewhere on scenic but relatively isolated land that’s about 100 miles southwest of Yellowstone National Park. Amid the 890-square-mile Idaho National Labor […]Debbie Carlson
- The Great Barrier Reef is under severe stress – but not dead yet October 14, 2016Reports the famed 1,400-mile network of reefs ‘passed away in 2016 after a long illness’ are greatly exaggerated despite mass bleaching, scientists sayReports of the death of the Great Barrier Reef have been greatly exaggerated, scientists have said, after the publication of an “obituary” for the vast coral ecosystem.The famed 1,400-mile network of reefs “pa […]Oliver Milman
- Divest January 23, 2013Short title: Divest Our work is challenging Scottish finance to become more sustainable and democratic. Find out more. Background image:
- Dance For The Climate November 11, 2009In August 2009 over 10.000 people danced for the climate on the Ostend Beach in Belgium. By joining this global movement and adding your own dance video to this site, you make your own statement that we have to act now on climate change. read more
- News teaser September 29, 2009Contact the Friends of the Earth Scotland media office: During working hours: 0131 243 2719 Out of hours: 0131 243 2715 Go to the blog Share buttons: No buttons
- Our Successes August 11, 2009Our campaigns get noticed and without us Scotland would not have many of the environmental successes we have today. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Our Purpose August 11, 2009We are the leading organisation in Scotland that is working for environmental justice, campaigning for the planet and its people. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- #ANTIFA: #TEDDYBEARS #PICNIC @slatukip @dubdanu @siegfails @misscheeky666 @JLRFBLESS THAN thirty brazen little crybabies escaped the clutches of mummy and daddy to parked their prams in Hyde Park for their annual Teddybears Trump Picnic, whilst policemen in riot gear stood guard for the nasty big bogeymen from the UAF, who had threatened to turn up and spoil the fun of the little Angels and cherubs of the EDL's Hitler Pre-School Di […]
- Ambulance Targeting Was Based On Turkish DisinformationIt was an American-made helicopter abusing the name of a First Nations tribe which penetrated Syrian territory coming from Golan late June, in bright daylight approached a nameless Czech-made ambulance car, and fired a B7EV type air-to-ground missile killing a patient plus other inmates en route to a civilian hospital. One of many, too many casualties in a f […]
- Ex-Royal Military Policeman accused of harassing Sussex Police Commissioner KatySussex Police and Crime Commissioner Katy Bourne is being harassed by an ex- Royal Military Policeman, while Sussex Police stand by allowing it to continue.
- What is Grybauskaite silent about?As early as the beginning of the first presidential term, at the meeting with members of Lithuanian National Security and Defence Committee, Dalia Grybauskaite took up the question of making public materials, stored in the archives and connected with the activities of KGB and other secret services, worked in Lithuania. "Lustration has to be finished by […]
- Abu Sayyaf Release Australian Alternative Therapist for GoodDespite a recent surge of violence on the archipelago, militants in the Philippine Islands this week set free an Australian hostage they had held in captivity for three years. The 38 year old Raph Ader who had been vacationing in a local community aside from the overcrowded beaches was abducted during a speed boat round trip in the area, of which his wife ha […]
- Press release: Are you disposing of your oil or fuel correctly? October 20, 2016The Environment Agency is urging businesses and householders in the Ronkswood, Brickfields, Tolladine and Rainbow Hill areas of Worcester to check their oil tanks and ensure that they dispose of oil and fuel in a correct and safe way. Over the past few weeks Environment Agency officers have dealt with a number of incidents where oil has polluted the Worceste […]
- Press release: Environment Agency raid on illegal transfrontier waste shipment October 19, 2016Greenstore Ltd is a large storage facility at Baldwin’s Farm, Upminster, Essex where containers are rented out to individuals and companies for storage. The Environment Agency had information to suggest that the site was being frequented by criminals to store Waste Electronic and Electrical Equipment (WEEE), and stolen goods prior to illegal export. Environm […]
- Press release: Help plan the future: join the flood and coastal committee October 19, 2016Would you like to have your say on local flood and coastal management plans? The Environment Agency has opportunities to start in January 2017, April 2017 and July 2017, covering the River Great Ouse catchment, including large parts of the Fens, part of the Wash and North West Norfolk coast. The RFCCs play an important role in deciding local priorities for f […]
- Press release: Fish stocks boost for North East rivers October 18, 2016Fisheries experts have released more than 5,000 fish into North East waters as part of the Environment Agency’s ongoing plans to develop and restore rivers. On Monday 17 October barbel were released into the River Skerne near Darlington, and at Clow Beck near Croft to help restore fish stocks and improve angling. The Environment Agency releases fish into our […]
- Press release: Environment Agency appoints 4 new resident lock and weir keepers on non-tidal River Thames October 17, 2016The appointments fill vacancies created through retirements, and all 4 are resident positions. This means the lock keepers are required to live on site in the lock house which, along with the lock itself and the accompanying weirs, forms part of the overall lock site complex. The Environment Agency owns, maintains and operates 45 such complexes along the riv […]
- Message from the underground hanger17.wordpress.com/2016/10/20/mes… 10 hours ago
- RT @falke_jonathan4: 10 Best Dogs For Children mecklet.com/s17hcz-childre… 2 days ago
- Update from animal rights hanger17.wordpress.com/2016/10/12/upd… 1 week ago
- RT @Protect_Wldlife: Confessions Of A #Rhino Poacher: I Have No Choice But To De-Horn Rhinos! protectallwildlifeblog.wordpress.com/confessions-of… #SaveRhinos #RhinoHor… 3 weeks ago
- RT @Misokeiko: 🎉🐬💦Another unsuccessful attempt to export Solomons dolphins radionz.co.nz/international/… https://t.co/bsDzjW8qec 3 weeks ago
- RT @morgankwyatt: Why is the grasshopper lucky? #spiritanimal #nature #spirituality bit.ly/2cNsu0o https://t.co/sfRKD57h3d 3 weeks ago
- RT @PETAUK: Fantastic news! 🐺🐹🐰 The Kooples will stop selling real fur! petauk.org/kooplesvictory https://t.co/WnOuBjAJWt 3 weeks ago
- RT @Protect_Wldlife: Pls RT: Do something REALLY good this week ~ invite a new best friend into your home! #AdoptDontShop ~ @RickyGervais h… 1 month ago
Please answer poll
Site Posts Calendar
Oxford Indymedia Events
No upcoming events
Climate Change Events
- GEOMOD2016 October 17, 2016 – October 21, 2016 Montpellier
- Italian Society for Climate Sciences – IV Annual Conference "Climate challenges and solutions under the 2°C target" October 19, 2016 – October 20, 2016 Cagliari, Italy
- Convective and volcanic clouds detection, monitoring and modeling October 19, 2016 – October 28, 2016 Tarquinia, Italy
- Counterfactual Methods for Policy Impact Evaluation 2016 (COMPIE 2016) October 20, 2016 – October 22, 2016 Milan, Italy
- ADVANCE final conference "Deep decarbonisation for staying well below 2°C" October 24, 2016 Brussels
No upcoming events