Experts concerned after Bald Eagle poisoned
Originally posted on KFOR.com:
[ooyala code=”E0MnJiYTqEYv5wPxFn98ylrRKDRzgwVX” player_id=”df513009265e4427aaf5f0342a75c90e”]
NOBLE, Okla. – A bald eagle was poisoned earlier this month despite efforts of rescue workers to save it.
The poisoning of our national emblem is not a good sign for the safety of Oklahomans.
Rhondi Large said she makes it her mission to help heal animals struggling to survive.
When the bald eagle was brought to WildCare for treatment, Large knew right away something was very wrong.
“She just didn’t have the fight,” Large said. “She didn’t have the spunk, the fire, that normally they would have.”
Despite everything Large and her team could do, a few days later the bird died.
The cause? High levels of lead and rat poison.
“She was just way too toxic for us to be able to pull through,” she said.
This poisoning isn’t just a problem for animals, it’s a big problem for people as well.
Because animals often…
View original 206 more words
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- The Guardian view on the Paris climate change summit: reasons to be cheerful | Editorial October 4, 2015There is still a hard road ahead, but progress on tackling the causes of global warming has far outstripped expectationsReliable weather forecasting is notoriously difficult. But with two months to go, it looks as if the sun may shine on the Paris climate change summit in December. This is the 21st meeting of the Conference of the Parties to the climate chan […]Editorial
- VW's new chief could visit US this week October 4, 2015Matthias Müller expected to make the trip before he is summoned by the US authorities in response to the emissions scandalVolkswagen’s new boss Matthias Müller is expected to make a dash to the United States to apologise for the emissions testing scandal, which has rocked the global car industry.VW’s board wants Müller, who replaced Martin Winterkorn as chie […]Julia Kollewe
- Warwick University students call for closure of BP archive on campus October 4, 2015Student group urges chancellor to shut archive as part of protest against fossil fuels and BP’s ‘insidious’ link to universityStudents at one of Britain’s top universities have written to their chancellor calling on him to shut down a BP archive based at the campus library in what amounts to an escalation of campaigns against fossil fuel companies.Warwick Un […]Terry Macalister Energy editor
- French floods: 19 feared dead after storms sweep French Riviera October 4, 2015Violent storms and flooding send water cascading through Antibes, Cannes and Nice, inundating a retirement home and killing three people inside Nineteen people are feared dead after violent storms and severe flooding swept the French Riviera, including three people who drowned in a retirement home after a river broke its banks.Heavy flooding along the Côte d […]Jessica Elgot and agencies
- 'We were paying to poison our kids': lead in Michigan city's water hits children October 4, 2015Flint declared a public health emergency this week after a dangerous spike in its water’s lead levels. But parents say they’ve been ‘screaming’ about the issue for months in an area where water prices are among the country’s highestWhen Lee-Anne Walters learned in March that her son’s immune system was compromised after being exposed to lead in the city of F […]Ryan Felton in Flint, Michigan
- Craig Packer: ‘Cecil the lion’s killer was unlucky and not altogether to blame’ October 4, 2015The ecologist and author has spent 30 years researching the overhunting of lions in Africa and is deeply pessimistic about their future. Here he talks about dishonest hunting operators, the urgent need for global money, why he takes issue with animal groups – and what we’ve learned from CecilCraig Packer likes sticking his shaggy academic head into dangerous […]John Vidal
- Finance January 23, 2013Short title: Finance Our work is challenging Scottish finance to become more sustainable and democratic. Find out more. Background image:
- Dance For The Climate November 11, 2009In August 2009 over 10.000 people danced for the climate on the Ostend Beach in Belgium. By joining this global movement and adding your own dance video to this site, you make your own statement that we have to act now on climate change. read more
- News teaser September 29, 2009Contact the Friends of the Earth Scotland media office: During working hours: 0131 243 2719 Out of hours: 0131 243 2715 Go to the blog Share buttons: No buttons
- Our Successes August 11, 2009Our campaigns get noticed and without us Scotland would not have many of the environmental successes we have today. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Our Purpose August 11, 2009We are the leading organisation in Scotland that is working for environmental justice, campaigning for the planet and its people. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- EDL TORY EXPOSED @slatfascists @misslbuttercup @norsefired @ant1fane #ANTIFASteve Mann AKA Seth Mould, an EDL-supporting Conservative Party activist from Blackburn, based in Bolton, is the marketing director at Accrington's Bakehouse Studios, and used twitter to support acts of arson against mosques, and racially abuse Muslims online. With 34,000 followers including many professional followers within the UK music industry, www. […]
- UG#719 - The Processes & Logic of The Deep State(The American Deep State by PDS)Unusually, just a single speaker this week: one two hour interview with the doyen of deep political research, Canadian Professor Peter Dale Scott. He provides not only a lot of details of the evolution of the post WW2 deep state in the USA, but also sketches out its guiding principles, some of the deeper patterns which allow one to understand the superficial […]
- Fascist Studio Boss #ANTIFA @edlnews @slatedl @slatukip @misscheeky666 #edlSteve Mann AKA Seth Mould, an EDL-supporting Conservative Party activist from Blackburn, based in Bolton, is the marketing director at Accrington's Bakehouse Studios, and used twitter to support acts of arson against mosques, and racially abuse Muslims online. With 34,000 followers including many professional followers within the UK music industry, www. […]
- Greg Avery charged with new offencesToday in a piece of vindictive revenge political prisoner Greg Avery has been charged with six new offences of criminal conspiracy.
- What can we say but thanksWell we never even thought it would happen but you did it. You really voted Jeremy Corbyn as Labour party leader. Thank you ! Thank you ! Thank you ! Thank you !
- Press release: Run(a)way business operated illegally for more money October 2, 2015V J Commercials Ltd was fined £24,000 for each of 2 offences to run concurrently and ordered to pay £13,000 towards costs. Ohanis John Manoukian, a director of the company, was given a 12 months community order to undertake 180 hours of unpaid work on each of 2 offences to run concurrently, fined £12,000 on each offence to run concurrently and ordered to pay […]
- Press release: Lincolnshire illegal waste carriers targeted by Environment Agency October 2, 2015The Environment Agency, Lincolnshire Police, Immigration Enforcement, and other agencies’ officers stopped and checked vehicles on 30 September, in a bid to identify rogue traders like illegal waste carriers. The operation targeted vehicle drivers who transport waste without the proper authorisation or written description of waste. Environment crime officers […]
- Press release: Two sentenced for illegal waste crimes October 1, 2015Two men have been sentenced after a Gateshead compound was used to illegally store and burn waste. Tony Smith, 22, of Pensher Street East in Felling, Gateshead, and Barry Howourth, 53, of Chaucer Close in Gateshead, appeared at Gateshead Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday, September 30 for sentence. Smith previously pleaded guilty to three offences of operating […]
- News story: Advice on the use of metaldehyde September 30, 2015It is important growers adhere to the current guidelines on metaldehyde use to avoid contaminating watercourses and protect drinking water supplies. Metaldehyde is the pesticide that most often causes risks to drinking water sources, especially in the autumn. Farmers need to operate ‘best practice’ to avoid pollution. If metaldehyde enters watercourses it ca […]
- News story: Otter dies after being caught in illegal crayfish trap September 29, 2015The remains of the otter were discovered by a dog walker in the River Asker. The animal entered the trap, but was unable to escape because the device hadn’t been fitted with an otter guard. This is the second incident in recent weeks. A drowned otter was found in a similar trap in Cornwall. Sandie Moors for the Environment Agency said: “It is tragic this ott […]
- Glasgow Tigers today. http://t.co/sFggI5jGqI 1 week ago
- If you are looking at PPI claims, don't go with the claimsguys. Once they get your business, that is the last you hear from them. 1 week ago
- Out on my bike today to Wanlockhead. The highest village in Scotland. http://t.co/CKEzbuqkR7 1 week ago
- I'm giving away free Costume Jewellery @ bit.ly/1iIiHpP 1 week ago
- I'm looking for free Apples @ bit.ly/1LHYirD 1 week ago
- Kestrel today in Glasgow city centre feasting on a poor pigeon. http://t.co/AfifU5LFhp 1 week ago
- RT @Freja_Petersen: RT! Rescued from kill shelter, deaf pup depressed as she languishes in kennel examiner.com/article/rescue… http://t.co/K9H45x… 3 weeks ago
- RT @Ntombihjb: @Unilever @PepsiCo @IKEA @CocaColaCo @ProcterGamble Please consider using #SocialPlastic to reduce plastic waste and reduce … 4 weeks ago
Please answer poll
Site Posts Calendar
Oxford Indymedia Events
No upcoming events
Climate Change Events
- Topo Europe 2015 October 4, 2015 – October 7, 2015 Antibes, France
- GeoBerlin 2015: DYNAMIC EARTH – from Alfred Wegener to today and beyond October 4, 2015 – October 7, 2015 Berlin, Germany
- Convective and volcanic clouds detection, monitoring and modeling October 4, 2015 – October 9, 2015 Castiglione del Lago, Italy
- The Sixth Moscow Solar System Symposium October 5, 2015 – October 9, 2015 Moscow, Russia
- 9th Symposium of the International Society for Digital Earth October 5, 2015 – October 9, 2015 Halifax, Canada
- Eye on Earth Summit 2015 October 6, 2015 at 8:00 am – October 8, 2015 at 5:00 pm The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 2015 Annual Meetings of the World Bank Group and the International Monetary n Fund October 9, 2015 at 9:00 am – October 11, 2015 at 5:00 pm , Lima, Peru
- Employee Health and Wellbeing Conference October 11, 2015 at 8:30 am – October 13, 2015 at 5:00 pm , Doha, Qatar
- IPIECA-OGCI Methane Workshop October 12, 2015 at 9:30 am – October 13, 2015 at 3:00 pm Calder Room, NCI Com'Square, Paris, France
- Pandemics and Epidemics: Prevention, preparedness, response and recovery October 12, 2015 at 9:30 am – October 13, 2015 at 1:30 pm Chatham House, London, United Kingdom
- Deep offshore technology international October 13, 2015 at 9:00 am – October 15, 2015 at 5:00 pm , Houston, United States