Open The Cages tour needs your support to end vivisection: Call for endorsements
Originally posted on Profane Existence:
Last year I was lucky enough to take part in the Open The Cages Tour, which combines music, protest, film, and workshops all geared towards ending animal testing. OTC could be described like a travelling carnival of animal liberation, organized in the DIY punk tradition. OTC is continuing with extensive tour dates throughout 2013 and they looking for support from groups and individuals, like YOU! Support is easy, and doesn’t cost a cent. For real yo!
Endorsing is as simple as saying you support the tour and posting about our events and linking to our page. We get a ton of traffic on our site, from individuals, groups, media and students; we are happy to showcase other group to these visitors! Additionally we get a lot of visits from labs and universities to our website so we like to show that we are part of a network…
View original 458 more words
- World Bank rejects energy industry notion that coal can cure poverty July 30, 2015The World Bank said coal was no cure for global poverty on Wednesday, rejecting a main industry argument for building new fossil fuel projects in developing countries.
- E.ON brings rooftop solar scheme to UK July 30, 2015UK homes are set to benefit from rooftop solar panels with a guaranteed return, thanks to a new deal between German utility E.ON and US solar provider Sungevity.
- Google Street View to map urban air quality and pollution July 30, 2015Environmental monitoring company Aclima has announced a new partnership with Google Earth Outreach to map urban air quality and pollution.
- Majority of banks fail to encourage sustainable forestry, UN finds July 29, 2015The majority of financial institutions do not have policies requiring clients to comply with forestry regulations, according to a study by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) revealed today (29 July).
- US begins construction of landmark offshore wind farm on Atlantic coast July 29, 2015The US has put steel in the water for what will be the first commercial-scale offshore wind farm off the coast of Rhode Island.
- Mars slashes environmental impact with renewable energy surge July 29, 2015Global confectionary giant Mars has released its 2014 sustainability report, highlighted by a 54% year-on-year increase in the amount of renewable energy used by the company.
- Obama will use veto to defend climate change plan if necessary July 30, 2015President will use all powers available to push through Clean Power Plan to cut carbon emissions from power stations, says White HouseBarack Obama will use all of his powers – including his veto – to defend his plan to fight climate change, the White House said, on the eve of new rules cutting carbon pollution from power plants.Obama is expected to unveil th […]Suzanne Goldenberg
- UK solar growth stalls following government subsidy cuts July 30, 2015Large solar power farm development largely stopped following April cuts, new figures show, and smaller farms will be hit nextThe amount of solar power being installed in the UK has largely flatlined since the closure by the government of a subsidy scheme in April, even before a new round of subsidy cuts has taken effect.Official figures released on Thursday […]Adam Vaughan
- Lancashire fracking: appeal against refusal may take 16 months July 30, 2015Long wait will further delay government energy plans following councillors’ rejection of Cuadrilla scheme to frack at two sites in Fylde Ministers have been told they may have to wait at least 16 months before learning whether fracking will be allowed in Lancashire, in a severe blow to the government’s energy plans.Civil servants are concerned that the appea […]Rajeev Syal
- The most polluted US national parks July 30, 2015Air pollution in many national parks, from Yosemite to Joshua Tree and Kings Canyon, means a hike in the ‘fresh air’ is not as healthy as it seems, reports Mother JonesIt’s late summer, and Americans are flocking to the country’s national parks for some recreation and fresh air.But a study released this week by the National Parks Conservation Association (NP […]Julia Lurie for Mother Jones, part of the Guardian Environment Network
- David Cameron promises to protect wildlife after Cecil the lion killing July 30, 2015Prime minister discusses ‘issue of tiger bones, and rhino horn’ on visit to Vietnam, as Tory minister Grant Shapps writes to Zimbabwean governmentDavid Cameron has promised to step up government efforts to protect wildlife from poachers following the outcry over the killing of Cecil the lion. He said he wanted to do more to help countries such as Vietnam sto […]Patrick Wintour Political editor in Kuala Lumpur
- World Bank rejects energy industry notion that coal can cure poverty July 29, 2015World Bank’s climate change envoy: ‘We need to wean ourselves off coal’Bank has stopped funding new coal projects except in ‘rare circumstances’The World Bank said coal was no cure for global poverty on Wednesday, rejecting a main industry argument for building new fossil fuel projects in developing countries.In a rebuff to coal, oil and gas companies, Rache […]Suzanne Goldenberg
- Finance January 23, 2013Short title: Finance Our work is challenging Scottish finance to become more sustainable and democratic. Find out more. Background image:
- Dance For The Climate November 11, 2009In August 2009 over 10.000 people danced for the climate on the Ostend Beach in Belgium. By joining this global movement and adding your own dance video to this site, you make your own statement that we have to act now on climate change. read more
- News teaser September 29, 2009Contact the Friends of the Earth Scotland media office: During working hours: 0131 243 2719 Out of hours: 0131 243 2715 Go to the blog Share buttons: No buttons
- Our Successes August 11, 2009Our campaigns get noticed and without us Scotland would not have many of the environmental successes we have today. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Our Purpose August 11, 2009We are the leading organisation in Scotland that is working for environmental justice, campaigning for the planet and its people. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- John Pilger to appear at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe on August 9th.Journalist, film-maker and author, John Pilger is one of only two to win British journalism’s highest award twice. For his documentary films, he has won an Emmy and a BAFTA. His epic Cambodia Year Zero is ranked by the BFI as one of the ten most important documentaries of the 20th century. "John Pilger unearths, with steely attention to facts, the filth […]
- Fantasy Politics - a Media Lens analysisAn analysis by Media Lens of the concerted attempts to smear and discredit Labour leadership contender Jeremy Corbyn who is currently the front runner in the race to be the new Labour Party leader.
- An Oz in Room at the TopA look at a bygone Britain as seen through the eyes of an Oscar winning film. Britain at all levels is depicted as desperately holding on to class as a means of self-belief. Joe's relatives tell him to stick to his own kind, yet the toughs that beat him up don't see him as of their own class. The rank-pulling of Jack Wales tells him that it is just […]
- Greece after five years in recession. Accelerated poverty in Greece10 January 2015 (the date that this article was written): Greece’s problem is more complicated than austerity, is mainly about poverty, more poverty, accelerated poverty, and then SHAME . 30 July 2015: Greece’s problem is mainly about poverty. A third Greek bailout can help, but the question will stay the same / SHAME: Has Grexit been avoided?
- Antifa Call-out: Protect Folkestone From Nazis 1/8/15 @slatedl @AntiFascistNetwEMERGENCY ANTIFA CALL-OUT: - The violent fascist thugs of the EDL are linking up with their Hitler-loving chums in the National Front this Saturday to intimidate attendees of the refugee solidarity event happening this Saturday in Folkestone. Despite continued denials that the EDL have become a full-blown neo-nazi organisation, they have agreed to participat […]
- Press release: Warning to landowners: Don’t get stung by illegal waste operations July 30, 2015The Environment Agency is warning landowners in Yorkshire and Lincolnshire to beware of illegal waste operations that may cost them thousands in clean-up costs. The warning comes after investigating officers at the Environment Agency discovered large-scale tipping of waste at sites in Yorkshire and North Lincolnshire without the required waste permits being […]
- Press release: Stockton man fined £4,800 for waste crimes July 30, 2015A Stockton-on-Tees man has been fined a total of £4,800 after he admitted illegally storing thousands of litres of hazardous waste. Glenn Walsh, aged 53, of Blue House Point Road, Portrack, admitted two offences of failing to comply with his environmental permit, one offence of storing controlled waste without a permit and one offence of failing to contain t […]
- Press release: Three arrested for poaching offences July 30, 2015Three men have been arrested on suspicion of poaching offences in Northumberland. They were arrested at 4.30am on Thursday, July 23, when Environment Agency officers and Northumbria Police stopped a vehicle at Hagg Bank near Wylam. Three men aged 47, 33 and 29 were arrested on suspicion of salmon poaching, it’s suspected they were poaching salmon using illeg […]
- Press release: Boston Barrier community hub opens to the public next week July 30, 2015Residents can visit the hub to find out the latest information about the tidal barrier and meet with the project team to ask any questions. The Boston Barrier community hub will be opened with a ribbon-cutting ceremony by the Deputy Mayor of Boston, Councillor Colin Brotherton, followed by guided tours for visitors. Adam Robinson, Boston Barrier Manager for […]
- Press release: £500,000 flooding support for rural communities July 29, 2015Six rural areas are to receive a share of a half-a-million pound fund making it easier for them to apply for flood protection, Floods Minister Rory Stewart announced today. The ‘Pathfinder Projects’ pilot schemes will look at cutting red tape and costs for small communities at risk of flooding across the country. Each pilot will support local authorities in […]
- RT @Protect_Wldlife: RT if this haunting image makes you more determined to help stop the exploitation and abuse of animals!! http://t.co/r… 3 days ago
- RT @AnimalRRights: Garbageman In Hot Water After Literally Throwing Dog Out rightrelevance.com/search/article… http://t.co/ai0QsJabki 3 days ago
- RT @CNDuk: Ministers show "shocking disregard for the will of Parliament" by allowing British air strikes in Syria cnduk.org/cnd-media/item… 1 week ago
- RT @thevegankind: #FF @Sophyto @teaonthetyne "I love the high-end feel of the product, it comes in a frosted glass bottle with a pump" http… 1 week ago
- RT @guardianeco: Don't allow fracking, says farmer who allowed coal methane borehole d.gu.com/BYPhb2 1 week ago
- RT @VeganStella: @thevegankind thank you so much, my box has arrived and I'm chuffed to bits with it! Not sure where to start!! :D xx http:… 1 week ago
- Where will Beirut’s waste be dumped after July 17? hanger17.wordpress.com/2015/07/07/whe… 3 weeks ago
- Barilla bans animal experiments hanger17.wordpress.com/2015/07/07/bar… 3 weeks ago
Please answer poll
Site Posts Calendar
Oxford Indymedia Events
No upcoming events
Climate Change Events
- CIDER 2015 Summer Program "Solid Earth Dynamics and Climate - Mant le Interactions with the Hydrosphere & Carbosphere June 28, 2015 – August 1, 2015 Berkeley (CA), USA
- 3rd International Summer School on Flow and Transport in Porous an d Fractured Media July 20, 2015 – August 2, 2015 Cargese
- AOGS 12th Annual Meeting August 2, 2015 – August 8, 2015 Singapore, Singapore
- 12th International Congress for Applied Mineralogy (ICAM) August 10, 2015 – August 13, 2015 Istanbul, Turkey
- Mountain Ranges and High Plateaus August 16, 2015 – August 30, 2015 Camp Davis, Jackson, USA
- ICCB-ECCB - Mission Biodiversity: Choosing new paths for conservation August 2, 2015 at 9:00 am – August 6, 2015 at 5:00 pm Le Corum- Esplanade Charles De Gaulle, Montpellier, France
- World Water Week August 23, 2015 at 9:00 am – August 28, 2015 at 5:00 pm , Stockholm, Sweden
- UNFCCC ADP 3 August 31, 2015 at 12:00 am – September 4, 2015 at 12:00 am , Bonn, Germany
- International Forests and Water Dialogue September 8, 2015 at 9:00 am – September 9, 2015 at 5:00 pm , Durban, South Africa
- B4E Climate Summit 2015 September 9, 2015 at 9:00 am – September 10, 2015 at 5:00 pm , London, United Arab Emirates
- Sustainable Procurement & Supply Summit September 22, 2015 at 9:00 am – 5:00 pm , London, United Kingdom