Open The Cages tour needs your support to end vivisection: Call for endorsements
Last year I was lucky enough to take part in the Open The Cages Tour, which combines music, protest, film, and workshops all geared towards ending animal testing. OTC could be described like a travelling carnival of animal liberation, organized in the DIY punk tradition. OTC is continuing with extensive tour dates throughout 2013 and they looking for support from groups and individuals, like YOU! Support is easy, and doesn’t cost a cent. For real yo!
Endorsing is as simple as saying you support the tour and posting about our events and linking to our page. We get a ton of traffic on our site, from individuals, groups, media and students; we are happy to showcase other group to these visitors! Additionally we get a lot of visits from labs and universities to our website so we like to show that we are part of a network…
View original post 458 more words
- Procter & Gamble to eliminate phosphates from dishwasher tablets globally May 27, 2016Consumer goods firm Procter & Gamble has announced a new innovation which will end phosphate use from all retail and professional Fairy dishwasher tablets by 2017, significantly reducing the environmental footprint of its products in addition to improving cleaning performance.
- Trump vows to 'cancel' the Paris Agreement and 'save' the coal industry May 27, 2016Just hours after clinching the necessary number of delegates to become the Republican nominee, Donald Trump unveiled new energy plans that would see the US overhaul "draconian climate rules" in order to stimulate job growth in the oil and gas sector.
- Asparagus turbines and car-eating buses: the best green innovations of the week May 26, 2016In a week which shockingly revealed that humans are damaging the environment faster than it can recover, edie rounds up the latest low-carbon technologies and innovations that could mitigate current impacts put the world on a 2C pathway.
- Investor pressure not enough as big oil baulks on climate change May 26, 2016During a 'do or die' week for three of the largest big oil companies, ExxonMobil, Chevron and Shell continue to rally against growing external pressure to adapt to a low-carbon pathway, warning that the shift would take an "unprecedented amount of effort".
- New Energy Transition scheme launched to accelerate green industrial revolution May 25, 2016The Climate Group has launched a new global initiative to assist highly industrialised, carbon-intensive international governments and regional states in developing and implementing innovative clean energy policies to accelerate the low-carbon transition.
- 10 things you probably didn't know about green energy jobs May 25, 2016With new figures from the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) revealing that employment in the renewables industry rose by 5% over the past 12 months, to pass 8.1 million, edie dissects the data to bring you 10 fascinating facts about clean energy employment.
- G7 nations pledge to end fossil fuel subsidies by 2025 May 27, 2016Leaders of the UK, US, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan and the EU urge all countries to join them in eliminating support for coal, oil and gas in a decadeThe G7 nations have for the first time set a deadline for the ending most fossil fuel subsidies, saying government support for coal, oil and gas should end by 2025.The leaders of the UK, US, Canada, F […]Karl Mathiesen
- The week in wildlife – in pictures May 27, 2016Mountain goats, beavers and whooping cranes are among this week’s pick of images from the natural world Continue reading...Guardian Staff
- Chicken embryo tests can prevent practice of gassing billions of cockerels May 27, 2016Scientists create sex identification tests that can identify male chicks before they hatchThe current practice of gassing billions of male chicks within a day of hatching because they cannot lay eggs could be stopped thanks to a new embryo gender test.Globally some 3.2 billion cockerels are killed within hours of breaking free of their eggs each year. Contin […]Nic Fleming in Wageningen
- ExxonMobil is in its climate change bunker and won’t let reality in May 27, 2016Still stonewalling, the oil giant banned the Guardian from its AGM this week. But even its shareholders are starting to hear the gale-force winds blowing outsideWhen one of the world’s largest pension funds tells the biggest oil company on the planet that it faces an existential threat, there are stormy times ahead. The Guardian wanted to give you the latest […]Damian Carrington
- Seven deadly poisons – and a law that won't protect you fast enough May 27, 2016Reform to toxic chemical regulation is the first for 40 years. Unfortunately, it won’t do enough to eliminate harmful substances from our livesThe US is set for the first legislation to regulate toxic industrial chemicals in 40 years. You might think this would be cause for celebration. However, the bill updating the Toxic Substances Control Act continues to […]Ken Cook
- Meteorologists are seeing global warming's effect on the weather | Paul Douglas May 27, 2016Weather is becoming more extreme, and meteorologists are taking noticeWhatever happened to normal weather? Earth has always experienced epic storms, debilitating drought, and biblical floods. But lately it seems the treadmill of disruptive weather has been set to fast-forward. God’s grandiose Symphony of the Seasons, the natural ebb and flow of the atmospher […]Guardian Staff
- Divest January 23, 2013Short title: Divest Our work is challenging Scottish finance to become more sustainable and democratic. Find out more. Background image:
- Dance For The Climate November 11, 2009In August 2009 over 10.000 people danced for the climate on the Ostend Beach in Belgium. By joining this global movement and adding your own dance video to this site, you make your own statement that we have to act now on climate change. read more
- News teaser September 29, 2009Contact the Friends of the Earth Scotland media office: During working hours: 0131 243 2719 Out of hours: 0131 243 2715 Go to the blog Share buttons: No buttons
- Our Successes August 11, 2009Our campaigns get noticed and without us Scotland would not have many of the environmental successes we have today. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Our Purpose August 11, 2009We are the leading organisation in Scotland that is working for environmental justice, campaigning for the planet and its people. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Is Brazil the new Ukraine?This is too much. While I was off-grid, the imperialist abused my identity, the puppet regime it maintains on this land destroyed my neighbourhood, and a toxic corporation went to lobby my relatives. Alarm! I pulled the emergency plan I had recently enacted upon his recommendation and called Ras Ramsay for consultation. Of course he does not have a network a […]
- #ANTIFA ALERT: #LEEDS #NAZI TAKEOVER @millymatty @slatukip @dubdanu @JLRFB #ukipThe lunatics have taken over the "asylum", hardcore Hitler-salivating, rabid neo-Nazis that even the likes of the EDL had thought were history, returning with a vengeance in Leeds, taking over the Vote Leave campaign in the city, much to the stonily silent indifference of Michael Gove and the Official Conservative Party. Ignore it and it will go aw […]
- INJECTION TECHNOLOGIESLet's take a closer look at compulsory government protected & unregulated INJECTION TECHNOLOGIES.
- Response to Offensive Post by Phyllis MervineThis is a public response to an offensive internet post made by Phyllis Mervine of lymedisease.org , in which she implied that Dr. Alan MacDonald would suffer because of an association with me, Elena Cook.
- #ANTIFA ALERT: LEEDS #NAZI TAKEOVER @slatukip @dubdanu @millymatty @JLRFB #ukipThe lunatics have taken over the "asylum", hardcore Hitler-salivating, rabid neo-Nazis that even the likes of the EDL had thought were history, returning with a vengeance in Leeds, taking over the Vote Leave campaign in the city, much to the stonily silent indifference of Michael Gove and the Official Conservative Party. Ignore it and it will go aw […]
- Press release: Environment Agency enforcement targets close season offenders May 26, 2016Environment Agency enforcement teams have been busy cracking down on illegal fishing during the first few weeks of the coarse fish close season. Officers carried out more than 380 targeted patrols and found more than 70 people fishing on waters that are off-limits. The close season is in place to help natural fish populations spawn so it is illegal to fish d […]
- Press release: Kent & Leven recovery, 6 months after Desmond unleashed his wrath May 26, 2016It is now almost 6 months (6 months on June 4) since Storm Desmond hit, the emergency repairs to defences have been finished, over 30,000 tonnes of gravel have been moved and investigations are well underway to pinpoint the cause and extent of flooding. The findings will mean we have the evidence needed to ensure that the right work can take place in the rig […]
- Press release: Eden flood recovery, six months after Desmond unleashed his wrath May 26, 2016It is now almost 6 months (6 months on June 4) since Storm Desmond hit, the emergency repairs to defences have been finished, over 30,000 tonnes of gravel have been moved and investigations are well underway to pin point the cause and extent of flooding. The findings will mean we have the evidence needed to ensure that the right work can take place in the ri […]
- News story: Derwent flood recovery 6 months after Desmond unleashed his wrath May 26, 2016It is now almost 6 months (6 months on June 4) since Storm Desmond hit, the emergency repairs to defences have been finished, over 30,000 tonnes of gravel have been moved and investigations are well underway to pin point the cause and extent of flooding. The findings will mean we have the evidence needed to ensure the right work can take place in the right a […]
- Press release: Somerset builder prosecuted for dumping and burning waste near Crewkerne. May 26, 2016A 53-year-old Somerset builder who dumped and burned illegal waste in a field has been given a five-year Criminal Behaviour Order and 150 hours community service. Bernard Molloy, aged 53, of Shepton Beauchamp, admitted at Taunton Crown Court to transporting, depositing and transferring waste to Walditch Lane, Merriot, Somerset. The case was brought by the En […]
- UK bees hanger17.wordpress.com/2016/05/17/uk-… 1 week ago
- RSPCA hanger17.wordpress.com/2016/05/16/rsp… 1 week ago
- Animal Welfare Scotland hanger17.wordpress.com/2016/05/16/ani… 1 week ago
- New lights fitted along with heated grips. Felt good on the way back from speedway last night. https://t.co/6T0yu3mjqh 1 week ago
- RT @WasteManagement: Our landfill-gas-to-energy facilities offsets 2.5 million tons of CO2 emissions per year. #ThinkGreen https://t.co/hUu… 2 weeks ago
- RT @Protect_Wldlife: A Powerful Statement Mr President! "When The Buying Stops The Killing Can Too" @YaoMing https://t.co/rpO6tHnxEX 2 weeks ago
- RT @AnimalRRights: Heartbreaking neglect as dog survived by eating sticks and drinking rain water rightrelevance.com/search/article… https://t.co/C7XN… 2 weeks ago
- RT @Protect_Wldlife: Goodnight animal lovers worldwide & a big THANK YOU to the special souls who care for the orphans through the night. h… 2 weeks ago
Please answer poll
Site Posts Calendar
Oxford Indymedia Events
No upcoming events
Climate Change Events
- 14th International Conference of the Geological Society of Greece May 25, 2016 – May 27, 2016 Thessaloniki, Greece
- 78th EAGE Conference & Exhibition 2016 May 30, 2016 – June 2, 2016 Vienna, Austria
- 10th GEO European Projects Workshop 2016 May 31, 2016 – June 2, 2016 Berlin, Germany
- 7th International Workshop on Paleoseismology, Active Tectonics, and Archeoseismology May 31, 2016 – June 4, 2016 Crestone, CO, USA
- Margins Through Time – GAC-MAC 2016 June 1, 2016 – June 3, 2016 Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada
- 50th Meeting of the GEF Council June 6, 2016 at 9:00 am – June 9, 2016 at 5:00 pm , Washington DC, United States
- Premiam - Post Spill Monitoring Conference June 22, 2016 at 12:00 am – 12:00 am SOAS, London, United Kingdom
- World Water Week 2016 August 27, 2016 at 9:00 am – September 2, 2016 at 5:00 pm , Stockholm, Sweden
- IUCN World Conservation Congress September 1, 2016 at 9:00 am – September 10, 2016 at 5:00 pm , Hawaii, United States
- Reporting Working Group meeting and Good Practices Workshop September 27, 2016 at 8:00 am – September 29, 2016 at 2:00 pm ConocoPhillips , Houston, United States
- IWA World Water Congress and Exhibitions (Brisbane) October 9, 2016 at 9:00 am – October 13, 2016 at 5:00 pm , Brisbane, QLD, Australia