Open The Cages tour needs your support to end vivisection: Call for endorsements
Last year I was lucky enough to take part in the Open The Cages Tour, which combines music, protest, film, and workshops all geared towards ending animal testing. OTC could be described like a travelling carnival of animal liberation, organized in the DIY punk tradition. OTC is continuing with extensive tour dates throughout 2013 and they looking for support from groups and individuals, like YOU! Support is easy, and doesn’t cost a cent. For real yo!
Endorsing is as simple as saying you support the tour and posting about our events and linking to our page. We get a ton of traffic on our site, from individuals, groups, media and students; we are happy to showcase other group to these visitors! Additionally we get a lot of visits from labs and universities to our website so we like to show that we are part of a network…
View original post 458 more words
- New ACT programme seeks to assess transformative business models February 21, 2017New methodologies to quantify the preparation of companies in the utilities, transport and retail sectors in shifting towards a low-carbon economy look set to be deployed, after year-long pilot projects highlighted the needs of these sectors.
- Tech giants rally behind US energy storage market February 20, 2017A US-based coalition featuring companies such as Apple, Microsoft, Amazon and Tesla as members has applauded the efforts of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) to open-up US wholesale electricity markets to energy storage and demand response initiatives.
- Technology growth can spur low-carbon energy system and save $1.6trn, says report February 17, 2017The rapid rise of technologies like Artificial Intelligence (AI), automation, data analytics and the Internet of Things (IoT) could save between $900bn to $1.6trn to the global economy by 2035, according to a new report from the McKinsey Global Institute (MGI).
- Financial giants repeat calls for G20 to phase-out fossil fuel support February 16, 2017The financial sector is calling on G20 governments to sever ties with the fossil fuel sector, as 16 major companies with assets under management worth $2.8trn signed a joint statement for governments to phase-out subsidies by 2020.
- Smurfit Kappa hits certification goal for sustainably-sourced packaging February 16, 2017Global paper-based packaging firm Smurfit Kappa has completed its goal of ensuring that 90% of all packaging sold to consumers is Chain of Custody certified, demonstrating full-transparency and a willingness to source from verified certification systems.
- Get REAL: Framework launched to place people at the heart of smart city transition February 15, 2017As digitalisation streamlines the way that humans interact with the cities that they live in, a new framework has been launched to ensure that local authorities and policy makers place people at the heart of the smart city transition.
- EPA head: US doesn't have to choose between environment and jobs – video February 21, 2017The new head of the Environmental Protection Agency, Scott Pruitt, told agency staff on Tuesday that the US should not have to choose between the economy and the environment. ‘I believe that we as a nation can be both pro-energy and jobs, and pro-environment. We don’t have to choose between the two,’ Pruitt said in his first speech to EPA workers since he wa […]Guardian Staff
- New EPA head Scott Pruitt: 'We can be both pro-jobs and pro-environment' February 21, 2017Head of Environmental Protection Agency tells staff he will ‘listen, learn, and lead’ as White House reportedly prepares orders to roll back green regulationsThe new head of the US Environmental Protection Agency, Scott Pruitt, told agency staff on Tuesday that the US should not have to choose between the economy and the environment.As the White House report […]Edward Helmore and agencies
- 'The wild west of wind': Republicans push Texas as unlikely green energy leader February 20, 2017The most oil-rich and fracking-friendly of states has found itself with the improbable status of being a national leader in a wind energy boomLiving in New York and Washington, Greg Wortham heard all the grand talk about green energy from liberal politicians. Then he returned to the place where he grew up, a small town that embraced wind power so warmly that […]Tom Dart in Sweetwater, Texas, and Oliver Milman in New York
- Scott Pruitt confirmed as EPA head despite failure to release emails February 17, 2017Senate approves former Oklahoma attorney general 52-46Court ordered new environmental head to release emails to fossil fuel industryOklahoma’s attorney general, Scott Pruitt, has won Senate confirmation to head the Environmental Protection Agency, a federal agency he repeatedly sued to rein in its reach during the Obama administration.The vote on Friday was […]Associated Press
- GM 'surrogate hens' could lay eggs of rare chicken breeds, scientists say February 17, 2017Radical plan to maintain diversity of gene pool proposes use of genetically modified chickens as surrogate mothersThe Rumpless Game is squawky and, as its name suggests, lacks a tail, while the Burmese Bantam, has fantastically flared leg feathers and a head like a feather duster. But the true value of rare chicken breeds, according to a team of scientists w […]Hannah Devlin Science correspondent in Boston
- 'Opportunity for healing': General Custer's relative visits Standing Rock February 15, 2017Descendant’s visit served as painful reminder for some Native Americans that historical traumas are closely linked to present-day battles with US governmentFloris White Bull couldn’t believe what she was hearing. On the same day the US government granted permission for the Dakota Access pipeline to drill under the Missouri river, a descendant of General Geor […]Sam Levin in Fort Yates, North Dakota
- Dulce, horse rescued from Chile wildfires, recovering nicely February 21, 2017Shannon Walajtys Feb 21 2017 Rescued from the devastating wildfires in Chile by the International Fund for Animal Welfare (IFAW) and partner Global Alliance for Animals and People (GAAP), Dulce, which means sweet in Spanish, needed specialized care. read more […]
- Forest elephants decline in critical sanctuary February 21, 2017Aurore Morin Feb 21 2017 Like their savannah-dwelling cousins, forest elephants in Central Africa are facing a devastating decline in numbers, as a
- First two rescued bear cubs arrive at Russia center February 17, 2017Mila Danilova Feb 20 2017 Two rescued bear cubs, a male and a female, were delivered to IFAW’s Bear Rescue Center (OBRC) in Bubonitsy, Russia. read more
- Treating animals at the Mdzananda Animal Clinic February 17, 2017Dr Nicolaas Kriek Feb 17 2017 Every morning when I arrive at the International Fund for Animal Welfare-supported clinic in South Africa, I do not know what to expect. I might be faced with a ward full of happy, healthy cats and dogs or a hospital filled with pets in the worst of moods. read more […]
- Despite victories, pangolins still need protection February 17, 2017Mark Hofberg Feb 17 2017
- #ANTIFA: #TEDDYBEARS #PICNIC @slatukip @dubdanu @siegfails @misscheeky666 @JLRFBLESS THAN thirty brazen little crybabies escaped the clutches of mummy and daddy to parked their prams in Hyde Park for their annual Teddybears Trump Picnic, whilst policemen in riot gear stood guard for the nasty big bogeymen from the UAF, who had threatened to turn up and spoil the fun of the little Angels and cherubs of the EDL's Hitler Pre-School Di […]
- Ambulance Targeting Was Based On Turkish DisinformationIt was an American-made helicopter abusing the name of a First Nations tribe which penetrated Syrian territory coming from Golan late June, in bright daylight approached a nameless Czech-made ambulance car, and fired a B7EV type air-to-ground missile killing a patient plus other inmates en route to a civilian hospital. One of many, too many casualties in a f […]
- Ex-Royal Military Policeman accused of harassing Sussex Police Commissioner KatySussex Police and Crime Commissioner Katy Bourne is being harassed by an ex- Royal Military Policeman, while Sussex Police stand by allowing it to continue.
- What is Grybauskaite silent about?As early as the beginning of the first presidential term, at the meeting with members of Lithuanian National Security and Defence Committee, Dalia Grybauskaite took up the question of making public materials, stored in the archives and connected with the activities of KGB and other secret services, worked in Lithuania. "Lustration has to be finished by […]
- Abu Sayyaf Release Australian Alternative Therapist for GoodDespite a recent surge of violence on the archipelago, militants in the Philippine Islands this week set free an Australian hostage they had held in captivity for three years. The 38 year old Raph Ader who had been vacationing in a local community aside from the overcrowded beaches was abducted during a speed boat round trip in the area, of which his wife ha […]
- Press release: Shoreham flood scheme enters next phase February 21, 2017A major flood defence scheme that will significantly reduce flood risk to over 2,300 properties in Shoreham and East Lancing has taken a step towards completion this week, with piling works at 2 of the project’s 10 phases now finished. The huge jack-up barge, that has been working to install one of the new tidal flood defence piled walls in the town centre s […]
- Press release: Environment Agency receives applications for Palmers Wood oilfield February 20, 2017The Environment Agency has received 2 applications for environmental permits at the Palmers Wood oil and gas site. These applications have been submitted by the site operator to bring the site into line with the current regulations for conventional oil and gas sites. This is part of the Environment Agency’s review of all oil and gas permits granted prior to […]
- Press release: South West Water fined for sewage pollution near shellfish beds February 20, 2017South West Water has been ordered to pay £205,000 in fines and costs for discharging sewage into the Fal estuary in Cornwall. The case was brought by the Environment Agency. On 26 August 2013 untreated sewage overflowed from the water company’s Newham sewage treatment works near Truro into the Fal, an internationally important shellfishery, Site of Special S […]
- Press release: Construction company to pay £54,000 for polluting East Sussex river February 17, 2017Interserve Construction Limited (ICL) has been fined £54,000 with £5,955 costs after admitting a single incident of discharging silt-laden water into a tributary of the River Rother in Burwash, East Sussex on 1 October 2014. ICL was contracted to South East Water over an 18-month period at the Crowhurst Bridge Water Treatment Works to improve South East Wate […]
- Press release: How to fish responsibly during Somerset's elver season February 17, 2017With the 2017 elver season under way, the Environment Agency is reminding Somerset’s elver fishermen to stay the right side of the law. Eels are an endangered species and recognised by the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES) as in need of protection. Fishing for elvers is allowed in England and Wales, but under strict conditions t […]
- RT @h0t_p0ppy: I am absolutely appalled at this. thedodo.com/taiji-museum-c… @japantimes @The_Japan_News @JapanToday can someone help this poo… 3 hours ago
- @guardian it's a shame that the guardian cannot provide objective news. 15 hours ago
- Article 50: ‘Brexit does not mean Brexit’ – who are the peers with EU pensions likely to frustrate Brexit and what… hanger17.wordpress.com/2017/02/21/art… 17 hours ago
- Article 50: 'Brexit does not mean Brexit' – who are the peers with EU pensions likely to frustrate - The Telegraph apple.news/AEmz2V-oCRbys3… 17 hours ago
- RT @TheScotsman: Scotland’s first beard and moustache championship in Glasgow trib.al/cTzECMe https://t.co/S743ucyOLh 2 days ago
- Watched 'a cat called bob' last night. Super true story. Well worth a watch. 2 days ago
- RT @boycottdenmark: In 2010, the Hvalur hf fin whaling company began using whale oil to fuel its whaling ships #OpWhales https://t.co/fejwy… 2 days ago
- @fireheed think it depends on the environment you grow up in. I am from the city but stay in the countryside so my perspective differs 2 days ago
Site Posts Calendar
Oxford Indymedia Events
No upcoming events
Climate Change Events
- Using the UK research base to support evidence-based policymaking March 9, 2017 London, UK
- Joint Research Centre Erosion modelling workshop March 20, 2017 – March 22, 2017 Ispra , Italy
- Second (Geo)Science Communication School March 27, 2017 – April 1, 2017 Castiglione del Lago, Italy
- 8th International Workshop on Paleoseismology, Active Tectonics and Archeoseismology (PATA Days) April 3, 2017 – April 9, 2017 Hokitika South Island, New Zealand
- EGU General Assembly 2017 April 23, 2017 – April 28, 2017 Vienna, Austria
No upcoming events