Open The Cages tour needs your support to end vivisection: Call for endorsements
Last year I was lucky enough to take part in the Open The Cages Tour, which combines music, protest, film, and workshops all geared towards ending animal testing. OTC could be described like a travelling carnival of animal liberation, organized in the DIY punk tradition. OTC is continuing with extensive tour dates throughout 2013 and they looking for support from groups and individuals, like YOU! Support is easy, and doesn’t cost a cent. For real yo!
Endorsing is as simple as saying you support the tour and posting about our events and linking to our page. We get a ton of traffic on our site, from individuals, groups, media and students; we are happy to showcase other group to these visitors! Additionally we get a lot of visits from labs and universities to our website so we like to show that we are part of a network…
View original post 458 more words
- Idle investors could face legal action over portfolio climate risks, experts warn February 12, 2016A trio of climate experts have warned that investors and asset managers who continuously ignore the risks of climate change do so at their peril and may soon be faced with legal action.
- US clean power plan setback 'will not affect Paris climate change deal' February 11, 2016The US commitment to cutting carbon emissions under the landmark Paris agreement remains unaffected by the setback delivered to President Obama's climate plans by the country's supreme court, the White House has said.
- Tesla and Google lead the way in electric vehicle infrastructure push February 9, 2016Global innovators Tesla and Google have announced plans to accelerate the growth of commercial electric vehicles (EVs) by launching new schemes aimed at increasing the infrastructure options available to consumers.
- More than 600 Unilever sites reach zero waste to landfill status February 9, 2016Unilever has today (9 February) revealed that more than 600 of its sites across 70 countries have achieved zero waste to landfill status, after the company identified alternate routes for non-hazardous waste streams in its operations.
- World's largest investor: We want companies with long-term sustainability plan February 8, 2016The chief executive of the world's largest investment firm, Blackrock, has called for companies to build environmental, social and governance (ESG) management into their business models, calling it a sign of 'operational excellence'.
- Ireland's national stadium goes 100% renewable for Six Nations February 5, 2016Aviva stadium, home of the Ireland rugby team will be fully powered by renewable energy for the upcoming 2016 Six Nations tournament, becoming the first stadium in the competition to be so.
- Being Good doesn’t pay with Warm Home Discount scheme February 14, 2016I was told I could claim £140 but because I chose a green energy provider, I can’tIn October last year I received a letter from the government telling me not to miss out on £140 help with my energy costs through the Warm Home Discount scheme. I qualified as I receive the guarantee credit element of pension credit. However, I have since learned that this only […]Miles Brignall
- The eco guide to eating meat | Lucy Siegle February 14, 2016The carbon footprint of a vegetarian is half that of a meat eater, but it’s not all bad news for carnivoresInstead of the steaks and pork chops in our fridges, should we be investing in clean, green protein? Well, yes. Methane from livestock is responsible for 14% of global warming, and the gas is 25 times more potent than CO2. The more meat and dairy you ea […]Lucy Siegle
- ‘Phony peach’: the disease that threatens to devastate Britain’s trees and plants February 14, 2016Xylella fastidiosa has wreaked havoc in the US and Europe and could dwarf the impact of ash dieback in the UKIt has caused severe damage to plants and trees in the US and southern Europe and now there are fears it is heading this way. With experts warning that it could make the devastating ash dieback disease seem like “a walk in the park”, the UK is on red […]Jamie Doward
- Beavers at work ... Devon dwellers reveal their flair for fighting floods February 14, 2016After a 400-year absence, the industrious rodents are back. On a river near Okehampton their reintroduction has led to biodiversity and cleaner water“Look at these teeth marks!” Professor Richard Brazier pauses, mud oozing over his Wellington boots, to admire the work of a pair of beavers who have been introduced into a patch of Devon woodland. “Just look at […]Dan Glaister
- Britain leads race to make nuclear waste safe for 100,000 years February 13, 2016Boost for UK’s power industry promised by revolutionary cementBritish scientists are designing a revolutionary cement that could withstand the impact of intense radiation for thousands of years. The project could prove vital in dealing with the challenges of Britain’s proposed expansion of its nuclear industry. Related: UK radioactive waste disposal site sea […]Robin McKie Observer science editor
- Oklahoma hit by magnitude 5.1 and 3.9 earthquakes February 13, 2016Earthquakes felt through much of the state, says US Geological SurveySpate of recent earth tremors in state have been linked to frackingTwo earthquakes, one with a magnitude 5.1 and the other of 3.9, struck northern Oklahoma on Saturday morning and were felt through much of the state. No damages were immediately reported, the US Geological Survey and local m […]Reuters in Oklahoma City
- Finance January 23, 2013Short title: Finance Our work is challenging Scottish finance to become more sustainable and democratic. Find out more. Background image:
- Dance For The Climate November 11, 2009In August 2009 over 10.000 people danced for the climate on the Ostend Beach in Belgium. By joining this global movement and adding your own dance video to this site, you make your own statement that we have to act now on climate change. read more
- News teaser September 29, 2009Contact the Friends of the Earth Scotland media office: During working hours: 0131 243 2719 Out of hours: 0131 243 2715 Go to the blog Share buttons: No buttons
- Our Successes August 11, 2009Our campaigns get noticed and without us Scotland would not have many of the environmental successes we have today. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Our Purpose August 11, 2009We are the leading organisation in Scotland that is working for environmental justice, campaigning for the planet and its people. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Press release: Join your local flood and coastal committee February 12, 2016The RFCC decide on local priorities for flood risk management and members play a critical role in delivering projects for communities which are vulnerable to all sources of flooding. Simon Moody, Deputy Director from the Environment Agency said: This is a really exciting opportunity to support all the authorities involved in flooding to really make a differe […]
- Press release: Elvermen asked to fish responsibly to help preserve eel stocks February 12, 2016Eels are an endangered species and recognised by the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES) as in need of protection. Fishing for elvers is allowed in England and Wales, but under strict conditions to ensure stocks are not over-exploited. The elver season runs from 15 February to 25 May 2016 inclusive and is largely limited to the Ri […]
- Press release: Almost 2 million fish released into England’s rivers February 11, 2016Record-breaking numbers of coarse fish were released into England’s rivers in 2015, the Environment Agency has revealed. Last year was the best year ever for the Environment Agency’s specialist fish breeding farm in Nottingham. Experts stocked more than 452,220 fish and 1.3 million larvae into rivers all over the country. They were all bred at the Environmen […]
- Press release: Thames Barrier to close for first time this winter February 10, 2016With heavy rain across the south east over the last week, flows on the River Thames have increased. These high flows have coincided with spring tides (when tides are usually at their highest during the tidal cycle) so the Environment Agency will close the Thames Barrier at 11:30am on Wednesday 10 February to reduce the risk of flooding in London and along th […]
- Press release: Land owners in Lancashire are consulted about land drainage. February 10, 2016In September 2015 the Environment Agency notified landowners that they would cease operation of 5 pumping stations: Banks Marsh, Boundary Brook, Clay Brow, Kew and Rufford Causeway in 2 years time. The Environment Agency is working with the National Farmers Union and Country Land and Business Association to help landowners explore alternative arrangements fo […]
- I saved a @YouTube playlist youtube.com/playlist?list=… Bob Ross - The Joy 6 days ago
- I liked a @YouTube video youtu.be/XTaCoRM-HVo?a Abandoned Old Car Dealership Full Of Classics! 1 week ago
- I liked a @YouTube video youtu.be/M1RTCp3dcIo?a Inside the abandoned buildings under Lake Mead 1 week ago
- I liked a @YouTube video youtu.be/w7qEHd2XGIo?a Jenny Scordamaglia Twinkling Dress Bottom is Showing Clearly Awesome Show 1 week ago
- Ghost Rider 1 - The Final Ride youtu.be/jySqs1XJmLQ 1 week ago
- Check out my motorcycle Scotland events group on Facebook. Its the only place that centralises events in Scotland. 1 week ago
- RT @AnimalRRights: North Carolina Landowners Express Support for Recovery of Endan rightrelevance.com/search/article… via @endangered https://t.co/NmH… 2 weeks ago
- RT @Animal_Watch: The Spanish bullfighter who took his baby into the ring is facing investigation ind.pn/1OPOVKT @Independent http… 2 weeks ago
Please answer poll
Site Posts Calendar
Oxford Indymedia Events
- Oxford's Housing Nightmare March 9, 2016 at 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm St. Clement's Family Centre, Cross Street, Oxford, OX4 1DA
Climate Change Events
- Tectonics, Structural Geology and Geology of Crystalline Rocks (TSK16) March 1, 2016 – March 6, 2016 Bonn, Germany
- New Currents in Science: The Challenges of Quality March 3, 2016 – March 4, 2016 Ispra, Italy
- 76th Annual Meeting of the German Geophysical Society (DGG) March 14, 2016 – March 17, 2016 Muenster, Germany
- 2016 Conference on Big Data from Space March 15, 2016 – March 17, 2016 Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
- NAC+ 2016 March 21, 2016 – March 23, 2016 Edinburgh, UK
- 4th Session of Plenary Intergovernmental platform on biodiversity and n ecosystem services (IPBES) February 22, 2016 at 9:00 am – February 28, 2016 at 5:00 pm , Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- SPE HSE International Conference April 11, 2016 at 9:00 am – April 13, 2016 at 4:00 pm , Stavanger, Norway
- Global Water Summit 2016 April 19, 2016 at 8:00 am – April 20, 2016 at 5:00 pm , Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Sustainable Extractives Forum: how to manage risk and navigate uncertainty. April 27, 2016 at 9:30 am – April 28, 2016 at 5:30 pm , London, United Kingdom
- IPIECA-IOGP Health Committee meeting April 28, 2016 at 7:30 am – April 29, 2016 at 11:00 am Statoil USA E&P, Houston, Texas, United States
- IPIECA-IOGP Health Committee Meeting April 28, 2016 at 1:00 pm – April 29, 2016 at 5:00 pm Statoil U.K. Limited, London, United Kingdom