Open The Cages tour needs your support to end vivisection: Call for endorsements
Last year I was lucky enough to take part in the Open The Cages Tour, which combines music, protest, film, and workshops all geared towards ending animal testing. OTC could be described like a travelling carnival of animal liberation, organized in the DIY punk tradition. OTC is continuing with extensive tour dates throughout 2013 and they looking for support from groups and individuals, like YOU! Support is easy, and doesn’t cost a cent. For real yo!
Endorsing is as simple as saying you support the tour and posting about our events and linking to our page. We get a ton of traffic on our site, from individuals, groups, media and students; we are happy to showcase other group to these visitors! Additionally we get a lot of visits from labs and universities to our website so we like to show that we are part of a network…
View original post 458 more words
- Electric cars to become 'hallmark' of VW's portfolio April 29, 2016Automotive giant Volkswagen (VW) has unveiled new transformative outlines for its future projections, which will see the company make electric vehicles (EVs) its new "hallmark", in an attempt to rectify the recent emissions-rigging scandal.
- The low-carbon revolution: Around the world in numbers April 29, 2016With the dust settling on a memorable Earth Day which saw 175 global heads of state from around the world officially sign the Paris Agreement, individual nations have been busy introducing a variety of green policy drivers aimed at curbing climate change.
- 'Radical action' needed to push towards zero-carbon future April 28, 2016The implementation of "radical action" will be necessary to drive the transition to zero-carbon energy systems and to keep global temperature rise below 2°C, according to a newly formed coalition of global commissioners.
- How Jacobs and Dunlop are engineering a green industrial revolution April 29, 2016EXCLUSIVE: With question marks still looming over the Tata Steel crisis, manufacturers large and small are taking steps to ensure that energy-intensive industries aren't left behind in the global movement to a low-carbon future.
- Palm oil giant sets 'fully traceable' supply chain goal for 2020 April 27, 2016The world's second largest palm oil plantation company has told edie it wants to achieve "greater awareness of the production practices in the supply chain" as it sets itself an ambitious goal of 100% traceability to plantation by 2020.
- Biodiesel worse for the environment than fossil fuels, warn green campaigners April 26, 2016Instead of reducing levels of pollution, the use of biodiesel in transport will increase emissions by 4% - the same as putting an extra 12 million cars on the road in 2020 - green campaigners have said.
- Kenya burns largest ever ivory stockpile to highlight elephants' fate April 30, 2016Kenyan president lights pyres in move some fear will drive further poaching by taking 5% of global stock out of circulationMore than 100 tonnes of ivory has been set ablaze in Kenya, the largest ever such fire, in an attempt to shock the world into protecting endangered elephants.Eleven giant pyres of tusks from around 6,000 elephants, a quantity seven times […]Dominic Smith
- Return of the bison: new American national symbol tells story of strife April 30, 2016Nearly wiped out in a bid to demolish Native American resistance, the bison’s history paints a picture of strife and redemption that mirrors the US’s ownThe bald eagle may appeal to America’s sense of self – soaring, majestic, hard to tame – but as a national symbol, the more humble bison paints a truer picture of the strife and redemption that has marked US […]Oliver Milman
- Kenya burns confiscated ivory – in pictures April 30, 2016Kenya has destroyed approximately 105 tonnes of confiscated ivory, almost all of the country’s stockpile, at an event in Nairobi national park attended by several African heads of state and conservationists. The event was intended to send a strong anti-poaching message Continue reading...Agencies
- Britain's best places to take off on a butterfly safari April 30, 2016The purple emperor and chequered skipper await, whether you just fancy a flutter or metamorphose into a full-blown spotter The purple emperor butterfly, a rather eccentric 1950s schoolmaster called Ian Heslop once declared, is the ultimate “big game”. A renowned collector, he boasted of catching as many emperors as he had shot elephants (four) but said that […]Patrick Barkham
- Has the Chernobyl disaster affected the number of nuclear plants built? April 30, 2016Thirty years on from one of the worst radiation leaks in history, several countries have moved to phase out nuclear energy production altogether, and experts say another accident would kill the industry Related: Chernobyl nuclear disaster 30th anniversary – in pictures This week marks 30 years since an accident at the Chernobyl nuclear power plant in Ukraine […]Charlotte Beale
- Britain's wild places are vital to our imaginations April 30, 2016The UK has hundreds of islands, hills and rivers and a coastline almost 20,000 miles long, inspiring a passion deep within us. Plus: top five wild hotspotsCountry files: nature writers on the books that inspired themRecently, I climbed Maol Chean-dearg, a mountain in the far north-west of Scotland. Down in the glens, it was not far above freezing, and the co […]Robert Macfarlane
- Divest January 23, 2013Short title: Divest Our work is challenging Scottish finance to become more sustainable and democratic. Find out more. Background image:
- Dance For The Climate November 11, 2009In August 2009 over 10.000 people danced for the climate on the Ostend Beach in Belgium. By joining this global movement and adding your own dance video to this site, you make your own statement that we have to act now on climate change. read more
- News teaser September 29, 2009Contact the Friends of the Earth Scotland media office: During working hours: 0131 243 2719 Out of hours: 0131 243 2715 Go to the blog Share buttons: No buttons
- Our Successes August 11, 2009Our campaigns get noticed and without us Scotland would not have many of the environmental successes we have today. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Our Purpose August 11, 2009We are the leading organisation in Scotland that is working for environmental justice, campaigning for the planet and its people. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- #ALERTA #ANTIFA: TONI BUGLE @slatukip @dubdanu @siegfails @misscheeky666 @JLRFBIF there's one thing worse than an out-and-out fascist, it's a downright lying fascist, a member of a far right group who vigorously denies to this day, they were a member, and yet, a simple Twitter history search reveals the full extent of their far right involvement. Toni Bugle, founder of anti-Muslim pressure group MARIAS, and now English Democr […]
- URGENT #ANTIFA CALL OUT @slatukip @bikeyjezmo @dubdanu @misscheeky666 @JLRFBHITLER-loving toerag Jenna Louca is organising a fascist invasion of Burton-on-Trent on Sunday 8th of May 2016 by the EDL-offshoot she now leads: - the Staffordshire Casual Infidels, primed to chant racist abuse and threaten Asian and black passers-by, as you would expect from such an objectionable gang of hardcore white supremacist thugs. Jenna's notor […]
- URGENT #ANTIFA CALL OUT @slatukip @bikeyjezmo @siegfails @misscheeky666 @JLRFBHITLER-loving toerag Jenna Louca is organising a fascist invasion of Burton-on-Trent on Sunday the 8th of May 2016 by the EDL-offshoot she now leads: - the Staffordshire Casual Infidels, primed to chant racist abuse and threaten Asian and black passers-by, as you would expect from such an objectionable gang of hardcore white supremacist thugs. Jenna's n […]
- URGENT #ANTIFA CALL OUT @slatukip @edlnews @bikeyjezmo @misscheeky666 @JLRFBHITLER-loving Jenna Louca toerag is organising a fascist invasion of Burton-on-Trent on Sunday the 8th of May 2016 by the EDL-offshoot she now leads: - the Staffordshire Casual Infidels, primed to chant racist abuse and threaten Asian and black passers-by, as you would expect from such an objectionable gang of hardcore white supremacist thugs. Jenna's n […]
- #ALERTA #ANTIFA: LES SEAVOR @slatukip @misscheeky666 @dubdanu @siegfails @JLRFBYOU cannot get much repulsive than the homophobe from Merseyside, who makes no attempt to hide his location and life from the internet, his home address readily accessible on 192.com and many other websites, handy for when the cops come calling, swinging a pair of handcuffs ready for use. Seavor is a talentless failed pub singer who apparently suffered a clo […]
- Press release: Yorkshire Water fined £1.1million for illegal sewage discharge April 29, 2016Yorkshire Water has been fined £1.1million for illegally discharging sewage that polluted the River Ouse near York. Yorkshire Water Services Ltd was sentenced on Friday 29 April at Leeds Crown Court, after previously admitting three environmental offences relating to the operation of its Naburn treatment works in Fulford. The Environment Agency prosecuted th […]
- Press release: Reducing flood risk in Appleby, Cumbria April 29, 2016The Environment Agency has completed construction work to improve flood defences near the swimming pool in Appleby, and will soon start repairs at Holme Farm Bridge. The Environment Agency has replaced the 23 demountable steel gates which previously ran across the swimming pool car park with a permanent flood defence wall. The gates, which were over 20 years […]
- Press release: Reducing flood risk in Glenridding, Cumbria April 29, 2016Improvements to flood defences are underway this week as the Environment Agency starts work on a new wall to protect residents from flooding in the village of Glenridding in Cumbria. The new flood defence wall, which will be 140 metres in length and a metre above the ground, is designed to provide flood protection to residents and properties along the bank o […]
- Press release: New Charminster Bridge to be opened by MP Oliver Letwin April 29, 2016The village of Charminster will celebrate the official opening of its long-awaited flood alleviation scheme. Cutting the ribbon will be government minister and local MP Oliver Letwin. Charminster has a history of flooding, the worst occurring in 2000 and 2014. The problem was caused by Charminster Bridge that was unable to cope with high flows in the River C […]
- Press release: Dorset river improvements now allow fish to migrate upstream April 29, 2016It is now easier for salmon and sea trout to migrate up some of Dorset’s best known rivers thanks to the efforts of a unique partnership that has been working to boost fish numbers by removing man-made obstacles such as hatches and weirs. Improvements at 10 sites on the Rivers Frome, Piddle, Asker and Brit have made it possible for fish to swim upstream to s […]
- Land laws and tax dodging Scotland hanger17.wordpress.com/2016/03/15/lan… 1 month ago
- RT @AnimalRRights: 'Dog Whisperer' Cesar Millan defends methods amid animal cruelty inquiry rightrelevance.com/search/article… https://t.co/CQvziMjwX6 1 month ago
- World Canals Scotland 2016 hanger17.wordpress.com/2016/03/11/wor… 1 month ago
- RT @LeagueACS: How much do you really know about foxes? Take the #foxycology quiz bit.ly/foxycologyquiz https://t.co/ilNRvbsQEo 1 month ago
- SNPs Sturgeon is raising council taxes in 2017 is not on. SNP will not be getting my vote again. 1 month ago
- @saraashleyo @CNNMoney fur wearing animal abuser 1 month ago
- RT @DmitryLysenko3: What the meat industry wants to hide from you with #Aggag laws Retweet change.org/p/stop-new-mis… https://t.co/0IN2C9iWw3 1 month ago
- RT @AnimalRRights: Global Warming and Climate Change is Threatening Our Life - New Day Post | GarryRogers rightrelevance.com/search/article… https://t… 1 month ago
Please answer poll
Site Posts Calendar
Oxford Indymedia Events
No upcoming events
Climate Change Events
- 8th International Workshop on Sand/Duststorms and Associated Dustfall (DUSTworkshop8) May 1, 2016 – May 4, 2016 Lisbon, Portugal
- Circular economy in the built environment: launch of the BAMB stakeholder network May 3, 2016 Brussels, Belguim
- 2016 Himalayan – Karakorum – Tibet Workshop May 7, 2016 – May 12, 2016 Aussois, France
- ESA Living Planet Symposium May 9, 2016 – May 13, 2016 Prague, Czech Republic
- Seismix 2016 May 15, 2016 – May 20, 2016 Macdonald Aviemore Resort, Aviemore, Scotland
- IFC Water Valuation and Risk in the Financial sector webinar May 12, 2016 at 3:00 pm – 3:00 pm , Online, United Kingdom
- Second session of the United Nations Environment Assembly May 23, 2016 at 12:00 am – May 27, 2016 at 12:00 am UNEP Headquarters, Nairobi, Kenya
- 50th Meeting of the GEF Council June 6, 2016 at 9:00 am – June 9, 2016 at 5:00 pm , Washington DC, United States
- World Water Week 2016 August 27, 2016 at 9:00 am – September 2, 2016 at 5:00 pm , Stockholm, Sweden
- IUCN World Conservation Congress September 1, 2016 at 9:00 am – September 10, 2016 at 5:00 pm , Hawaii, United States
- IWA World Water Congress and Exhibitions (Brisbane) October 9, 2016 at 9:00 am – October 13, 2016 at 5:00 pm , Brisbane, QLD, Australia