I Was Made Erect and Lone
- Prince Charles in plan to help investors take polluting firms to court November 27, 2015Prince Charles is taking part in a project to expose major polluting corporations based in Commonwealth nations to big-money legal action if they fail to accurately disclose their impact on climate change or reform their ways.
- What I want from Paris: 21 climate leaders on COP21 November 30, 2015EXCLUSIVE: Sustainability leaders from the likes of Kingfisher, M&S and Veolia, alongside politicians, businessmen and environmental activists, tell edie what they want to see from the Paris climate talks.
- COP21 Paris Climate Conference: Everything you need to know November 27, 2015The most important climate talks ever start on Monday (30 November), with 138 heads of state and 25,000 official delegates expected to be in attendance. Here's our simple guide to the negotiations over the next two weeks.
- Google pilots new renewables programme November 26, 2015Google has announced that it will be the first customer of Duke Energy's renewable programme, in a move that will see Google's North Carolina data centre receive clean energy from a local 61 MW solar project.
- Coca-Cola and Pepsi unite on the road to Paris November 26, 2015With less than a week to go until COP21, global beverage giants Coca-Cola and PepsiCo have thrown their weight behind a business-led push for global leaders to secure a robust international climate agreement in Paris.
- Could cutting meat from our diets bridge a post-Paris 'emissions gap'? November 26, 2015A dietary change that relieves the demand for animal protein could play an instrumental role in plugging the post-Paris emissions gap, according to a new report from independent policy institute Chatham House.
- Eating less meat isn’t just good for you, it could save the planet | Adam Briggs November 28, 2015The UK and US are reviewing their dietary guidelines – this is an opportunity to tackle climate change via people’s platesThe food writer Michael Pollan summed up how to eat healthily: “Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.”It is unlikely that when the British and American governments issue new dietary guidelines the advice will be quite so succinct, or sen […]Adam Briggs
- Paris climate summit: world leaders told to iron out differences before talks end November 28, 2015France steps up diplomatic efforts to get consensus on a global deal six days before official talks conclude Negotiators at key UN climate talks in Paris that open next week are being told by the French government they must iron out their main differences six days before the end of the talks, according to the foreign minister, Laurent Fabius.World leaders in […]Fiona Harvey and Kim Willsher in Paris
- Thousands march over climate change in Brisbane and across New Zealand November 28, 2015Heat proves no obstacle to the reported 15,000 demonstrators in Auckland, or the 5,000 in Brisbane, following a 40,0000-strong Melbourne event on FridayAn estimated 5,000 people have marched in Brisbane and more were planning to march in Darwin on Saturday, following Friday’s 40,000-strong rally in Melbourne.The People’s Climate March – a worldwide event – t […]Guardian staff and agencies
- Gardens: what to do this week November 28, 2015Discover the story of the British elm, check your gutters and plant a medlar Could you spot an English elm at 40 paces? Me neither. But here’s a chance to learn about this iconic tree: an installation at Somerset House in London marks National Tree Week. The free exhibition tells the story of the elm, from its role as the raw material that helped bring piped […]Jane Perrone
- Legendary birds of the wildness November 28, 2015Tarbat Ness, Highlands I thought of their long journey from the north. Their bugle calls, reputed to be among the most far-carrying of any birds, would have kept families together by day and night, whatever the weatherThe bevy of whooper swans were resting on a stubble field at the end of this peninsula. The red and white banded lighthouse at the point seeme […]Ray Collier
- Malcolm Turnbull asks Commonwealth leaders to send climate change signal November 28, 2015Australian PM urges his fellow leaders to sign up to a climate change statement and agrees to contribute $1m to help poorer nations respond to its effectsAustralia’s prime minister, Malcolm Turnbull, has encouraged other Commonwealth leaders to send a powerful signal to other nations that strong climate change action is needed. Related: Australia must help P […]Australian Associated Press
- Finance January 23, 2013Short title: Finance Our work is challenging Scottish finance to become more sustainable and democratic. Find out more. Background image:
- Dance For The Climate November 11, 2009In August 2009 over 10.000 people danced for the climate on the Ostend Beach in Belgium. By joining this global movement and adding your own dance video to this site, you make your own statement that we have to act now on climate change. read more
- News teaser September 29, 2009Contact the Friends of the Earth Scotland media office: During working hours: 0131 243 2719 Out of hours: 0131 243 2715 Go to the blog Share buttons: No buttons
- Our Successes August 11, 2009Our campaigns get noticed and without us Scotland would not have many of the environmental successes we have today. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Our Purpose August 11, 2009We are the leading organisation in Scotland that is working for environmental justice, campaigning for the planet and its people. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Who Funds ISIS? Bilal Erdogan, Son Of Turkey's PresidentNuclear treaties quietly binned post 9/11 Series: State Of The City reports Subtitle: First NATO vs Russia act of war since 1990s and the Cold War Program Type: Weekly Program
- Don't let Saudi Arabia dangle the west into war with SyriaNo more stupid wars
- Hilla the Hun in her chase of the Genesis PrizeThe most warmongering lady ever lived in the White House has been thirsting for returning back in a new role. In 2008, American voters made it clear that they don’t want Hildebeast as a U.S. President. But it looks like Mrs. Clinton doesn’t bothers with such nonsense as Will of the American People. The former First Lady has been showing such stubbornness pur […]
- Ransomware Viruses – A Growing ThreatRansomware is a computer virus that encrypts system and personal files and asks for payment. Ransomware may propagate in different ways, but commonly as a Trojan by entering a PC through a downloaded file, email or a vulnerability in a network or website.
- Potus Stiffens Foreign Occupation Efforts, Gold Community Not ImpressedIn the past it has been a proven recipe to determine the scope of an international crisis to check the gold trade fever curve, and find shock or trauma successfully thrown back at the one per cent appear as market hiccups. Not so now. The recent terror alarm in Europe, both the concert jihad and the duck-and-cover administration, did not give gold the boost […]
- News story: Rod licence sales to fund even more angling improvement projects November 27, 2015The Environment Agency has released the extra money to be spent between now and the end of March 2016, sufficient to fund up to 50 additional projects. This move, which recognises the huge desire among anglers to develop their local facilities, has been made possible by good rod licence sales. The extra funding will be offered through rounds 3 and 4. Funding […]
- Press release: Suffolk slurry pollution leads to fine November 25, 2015Updated: Photo addedThe Environment Agency told Ipswich Magistrates’ Court yesterday (24 Nov) that the owners of the farm, Great Lodge Farm Ltd, had been negligent. The company from Framlingham was fined £6,000 and ordered to pay £4,474 costs after pleading guilty to breaching environmental permitting regulations. In December 2014 staff from the Environment […]
- Press release: New £6.6 million Albert Dock flood defences completed November 27, 2015An official visit to mark completion of new flood defences at Albert Dock in Hull will take place on Tuesday December 1. Representatives from the Environment Agency, Hull City Council, the Humber Local Enterprise Partnership, Associated British Ports and the local community will inspect the works which include 1.6 kilometres of new flood walls. The scheme wa […]
- Press release: New flood risk reduction scheme proves its worth November 27, 2015A £400,000 scheme to reduce the risk of flooding at Nutclough above Hebden Bridge town centre has been completed – and has already proved its worth. Environment Agency contractors have spent the last seven months constructing a new culvert screen on Ibbot Royd Clough where it passes under Keighley Road. This will significantly reduce the risk of blockages wh […]
- Press release: Fish stocks boost for North East waters November 26, 2015Fisheries experts have given a boost to stocks in North East waters as part of the Environment Agency’s ongoing plans to develop and restore rivers and lakes in the region. Fish including dace, chub, roach, crucian carp, tench, rudd and bream have been stocked into rivers and stillwater fisheries this week. At the River Skerne near Darlington, 4,000 chub, da […]
- RT @Freja_Petersen: Please sign and share Stop Yulin festival now! change.org/p/chinese-gove… https://t.co/S6AOkabhJa 11 hours ago
- https://t.co/eaNQ7qHmgA 16 hours ago
- facebook.com/groups/5278700… South Lanarkshire against fly tipping. 21 hours ago
- 269 Action Scotland hanger17.wordpress.com/2015/11/27/269… 21 hours ago
- facebook.com/groups/269Acti… 21 hours ago
- facebook.com/groups/5278700… 21 hours ago
- This morning. https://t.co/vJUshBRmuy 5 days ago
- £13 in the US but £27 in Scotland. An Islay whisky. Thanks SNP for the taxing. #SNP #malt #whisky https://t.co/bIHT3m8pKh 1 week ago
Please answer poll
Site Posts Calendar
Oxford Indymedia Events
- Close Campsfield NOW! November 28, 2015 at 12:00 pm Campsfield House Immigration Detention Centre, Langford Lane, Kidlingto...
Climate Change Events
- 5th International Alluvial Fans Meeting November 30, 2015 – December 4, 2015 Christchurch, New Zealand
- ESO Workshop: Solar system as seen by the ELTs November 30, 2015 – December 4, 2015 Garching, Germany
- World Soils Day Event December 2, 2015 London, UK
- 2015 AGU Fall Meeting December 14, 2015 – December 18, 2015 San Francisco, USA
- Tectonic Studies Group 2016 Annual Meeting January 6, 2016 – January 8, 2016 London, UK
- UNFCCC COP 21 November 30, 2015 at 12:00 am – December 11, 2015 at 12:00 am , Paris, France
- Sub-Committee of Experts on the Transport of Dangerous Goods (48th session) November 30, 2015 at 9:00 am – December 9, 2015 at 5:00 pm , Geneva, Switzerland
- COP-21 side event: Low-emissions pathways and the role of oil and gas December 4, 2015 at 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm IETA-WBCSD Business Hub, Paris, France
- Global Landscapes Forum 2015 December 5, 2015 at 9:00 am – December 6, 2015 at 5:00 pm Paris, , France
- International Petroleum Technology Conference (IPTC): Technology and n Partnerships for a Sustainable Energy Future December 6, 2015 at 12:00 am – December 9, 2015 at 12:00 am Qatar National Convention Centre, Doha, Qatar
- 9th International Petroleum Technology Conference (IPTC) December 6, 2015 at 9:00 am – December 9, 2015 at 5:00 pm , Doha, Qatar