Please sign and share this petition #animalrights #Egypt #نادي_الجزيرة #احتجاج_على_مجازر_نادى_الجزيرة
Regarding yesterday’s killing of stray cats in El Gizera Sports Club, we have created a petition addressing the prime minister of Egypt, the minister of agriculture and minister of justice to bring those in charge to justice and establish better animal welfare laws in Egypt.
- Apple vows to 'pioneer' closed-loop mining supply chain April 21, 2017Tech giant Apple has pledged to "go deeper" in developing new products that promote the circular economy by using only renewable resources or recycled materials that negate the need to mine materials.
- Trump aides abruptly postpone meeting on whether to stay in Paris climate deal April 19, 2017Donald Trump's aides have abruptly postponed a meeting to determine whether the US should remain in the Paris climate agreement, with an unlikely coalition of fossil fuel firms, environmental groups and some Republicans calling on the president to stick with the deal.
- Three innovations that will accelerate climate action, according to Google's 'captain of moonshots' April 13, 2017The head of advanced technology firm 'X' - formerly called 'Google X' - has stressed that climate change is one of the biggest problems facing the planet, but one that offers businesses a key opportunity to scale-up clean technologies and green innovations to transition to a low-carbon economy.
- Walmart kickstarts energy storage project to 'increase reliance' on renewables April 13, 2017American retail giant Walmart has penned a deal to combine energy storage systems with on-site renewables, in order to balance energy generation at numerous Southern California stores.
- March for Science puts Earth Day focus on global opposition to Trump April 22, 2017More than 600 marches held around the world, with organizers saying science ‘under attack’ from a White House that dismisses the threat of climate changeWhy March for Science? Because when it is attacked, only elites benefitHundreds of thousands of climate researchers, oceanographers, bird watchers and other supporters of science rallied in marches around th […]Oliver Milman in Washington DC
- Ten of the best March for Science signs – in pictures April 22, 2017Hundreds of thousands of climate researchers, oceanographers, bird watchers and other supporters of science rallied in marches around the world on Saturday, in an attempt to bolster scientists’ increasingly precarious status with politicians.Hundreds of thousands join March for Science rallies across the world Continue reading...Guardian staff
- Bill Nye the Science Guy on Trump: 'We are in a dangerous place' April 22, 2017Ahead of a massive March for Science in Washington, the popular TV educator attacked the Trump administration’s dismissal of ‘objective truths’Bill Nye, the face of science in US popular culture, has attacked Donald Trump’s “dangerous” dismissal of climate change and planned cuts to research ahead of the first March for Science in Washington DC.Nye, an engin […]Oliver Milman in Washington
- Texas's pick to safeguard environment? The man behind Dakota Access pipeline April 21, 2017Committee approves Kelcy Warren for Texas parks and wildlife commissionWarren is CEO of company that built controversial North Dakota projectThe CEO behind the Dakota Access pipeline might not seem an obvious choice to be designated a custodian of the environment. Texas Republicans, though, appear to disagree.The appointment of Kelcy Warren to the Texas park […]Tom Dart in Houston
- Marine scientist advocates for positive change in and out of office April 21, 2017Misty Niemeyer Apr 21 2017 I am a biologist. read more
- REPORT: African elephant population off 75 percent due to poaching April 21, 2017Azzedine Downes Apr 21 2017 If nature had its way, elephants would exist in much larger numbers across the African savannah. But because of human encroachment, notably poaching, elephants’ numbers in 73 protected areas is down to 25 percent of what population totals would be if there were no poaching. read more […]
- Africa’s protected areas have just a quarter of the elephants they should April 20, 2017Publication Date: Apr 20 2017 Image: A new study from the Conservation Ecology Research Unit (CERU) at the University of Pretoria predicts how many elephants there should be in 73 protected areas spanning 21 African countries. The research concludes that, largely due to poaching, protected areas are missing 75 per cent of their elephants, some 730,000 indi […]
- Deepwater Horizon oil spill still impacts bottlenose dolphins April 20, 2017Brian Sharp Apr 20 2017
- The UK Indymedia website is to be archivedOpen publishing was disabled on this site in mid-July 2016 as there was a very low volume of original grass roots news reports from activists being posted and the collective running the site was dwindling as people were working on other things.
- #ANTIFA: #TEDDYBEARS #PICNIC @slatukip @dubdanu @siegfails @misscheeky666 @JLRFBLESS THAN thirty brazen little crybabies escaped the clutches of mummy and daddy to parked their prams in Hyde Park for their annual Teddybears Trump Picnic, whilst policemen in riot gear stood guard for the nasty big bogeymen from the UAF, who had threatened to turn up and spoil the fun of the little Angels and cherubs of the EDL's Hitler Pre-School Di […]
- Ambulance Targeting Was Based On Turkish DisinformationIt was an American-made helicopter abusing the name of a First Nations tribe which penetrated Syrian territory coming from Golan late June, in bright daylight approached a nameless Czech-made ambulance car, and fired a B7EV type air-to-ground missile killing a patient plus other inmates en route to a civilian hospital. One of many, too many casualties in a f […]
- Ex-Royal Military Policeman accused of harassing Sussex Police Commissioner KatySussex Police and Crime Commissioner Katy Bourne is being harassed by an ex- Royal Military Policeman, while Sussex Police stand by allowing it to continue.
- Press release: Cornwall waste disposer prosecuted for illegally storing asbestos April 21, 2017The owner of a Cornish waste disposal business has been ordered to pay almost £80,000 in fines and costs for illegally storing and treating waste including asbestos at a site near Penzance. The site manager was also prosecuted and ordered to pay a total of £6,000 in fines and costs. The case was brought by the Environment Agency. Leslie Allen ran a waste ope […]
- Press release: High fines for illegal fishing April 21, 2017On 13 April 2017, at Barkingside Magistrates court, Billy Cox was fined £300 for fishing without the required number of rod licences, with costs of £127 and a victim surcharge of £30 imposed after a prosecution by the Environment Agency. Magistrates heard that on 8 September 2016, an Environment Agency enforcement officer found Billy Cox fishing with 3 rods […]
- Press release: Arrests made following dawn raids April 20, 2017Today (Thursday 20 April 2017), the Environment Agency and police carried out 5 dawn raids following an in-depth investigation into illegal dumping of waste. There were 2 people arrested pending further enquiries. A third person will also be helping Environment Agency officers with their enquiries. Enforcement action took place at 5 separate addresses in Sta […]
- Press release: More than 400 rod licences checked in Easter crackdown April 18, 2017Environment Agency officers checked more than 400 rod licences in an Easter weekend crackdown on illegal fishing. Officers patrolling North East river banks checked 421 anglers, reporting 29 offences. Of these, 21 were for rod licence offences, 7 were byelaw and close season offences and one offence under the Theft Act. It’s currently the close season for co […]
- H&M and the leather industry hanger17.wordpress.com/2017/04/23/hm-… 5 hours ago
- News from Animal Defenders hanger17.wordpress.com/2017/04/23/new… 5 hours ago
- DawnWatch today hanger17.wordpress.com/2017/04/21/daw… 2 days ago
- Message from OneKind hanger17.wordpress.com/2017/04/20/mes… 2 days ago
- Message from IFW hanger17.wordpress.com/2017/04/20/mes… 2 days ago
- RT @guardian: 'Whale cams' reveal humpbacks' habits – video trib.al/1NCVV4v 3 days ago
- Reebok ‘grows’ plant-based footwear hanger17.wordpress.com/2017/04/19/ree… 3 days ago
- Incentives could curb disposable coffee cup use by 300 million hanger17.wordpress.com/2017/04/19/inc… 3 days ago
Urban Art Photography
Site Posts Calendar
Oxford Indymedia Events
No upcoming events
Climate Change Events
- RiMG short course "Petrochronology: Methods and Applications" April 22, 2017 – April 23, 2017 Vienna, Austria
- EGU General Assembly 2017 April 23, 2017 – April 28, 2017 Vienna, Austria
- 21st International Conference on Deformation Mechanisms, Rheology and Tectonics April 30, 2017 – May 4, 2017 Inverness, Scotland
- PAGES 3rd Young Scientists Meeting May 7, 2017 – May 9, 2017 Morillo de Tou, Spain
- PAGES 5th Open Science Meeting May 9, 2017 – May 13, 2017 Zaragoza, Spain
No upcoming events