The naming of this blog was “Inspirational Photography”, a term I used, not as a way of making this blog sound as coming from a professional photographer as i am a political activist like yourself, that uses images and the pen to try to inspire others, a gorilla activist so to speak. “Inspirational Photography” is therefore basically as it say’s, photography of social events that are meant to inspire you to get up off your backside and do something positive yourself to help yourself your community and others.
I have, as you can see, changed my blog title to “Time for Action”. This decision wasn’t taken lightly and was due to people using my blog title as a purchased title for their own websites. This was a hinderance for anyone that searched for my blog. Anyway, it was time for a change, a Time for Action, taking protest to the next level. I have linked my blog to my facebook and twitter accounts. I also have a facebook group under the same name. Feel free to post images on my group page.
It is easy to find reasons why nothing will ever change for the better. And, if we listened only to the insistent voices of sceptics, they would no doubt be proven right; after all, if no-one presses for change, change is unlikely to happen on its own. Small acts of resistance within every community can make a differance. And those who beleive in change have helped change the world – again and again. Therefore you too can make a differance.
“…..hard times and mountains we must climb before the fight for freedom will be won” – The Rising Son
- Procter & Gamble to eliminate phosphates from dishwasher tablets globally May 27, 2016Consumer goods firm Procter & Gamble has announced a new innovation which will end phosphate use from all retail and professional Fairy dishwasher tablets by 2017, significantly reducing the environmental footprint of its products in addition to improving cleaning performance.
- Trump vows to 'cancel' the Paris Agreement and 'save' the coal industry May 27, 2016Just hours after clinching the necessary number of delegates to become the Republican nominee, Donald Trump unveiled new energy plans that would see the US overhaul "draconian climate rules" in order to stimulate job growth in the oil and gas sector.
- Asparagus turbines and car-eating buses: the best green innovations of the week May 26, 2016In a week which shockingly revealed that humans are damaging the environment faster than it can recover, edie rounds up the latest low-carbon technologies and innovations that could mitigate current impacts put the world on a 2C pathway.
- Investor pressure not enough as big oil baulks on climate change May 26, 2016During a 'do or die' week for three of the largest big oil companies, ExxonMobil, Chevron and Shell continue to rally against growing external pressure to adapt to a low-carbon pathway, warning that the shift would take an "unprecedented amount of effort".
- New Energy Transition scheme launched to accelerate green industrial revolution May 25, 2016The Climate Group has launched a new global initiative to assist highly industrialised, carbon-intensive international governments and regional states in developing and implementing innovative clean energy policies to accelerate the low-carbon transition.
- 10 things you probably didn't know about green energy jobs May 25, 2016With new figures from the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) revealing that employment in the renewables industry rose by 5% over the past 12 months, to pass 8.1 million, edie dissects the data to bring you 10 fascinating facts about clean energy employment.
- Leave Hinkley to the hedgehogs. This debacle needs to be taken in hand May 29, 2016Environmental protections on EDF’s troubled Somerset construction site are excellent, apparently. Very little else about the project isHave you heard about the terrific bat houses and hedgehog tunnels down at Hinkley Point in Somerset? Energy minister Andrea Leadsom has been to inspect them herself and raved about them last week to a select committee of MPs. […]Guardian Staff
- Florida brewery creates edible beer holders to save marine life May 29, 2016Discarded plastic six-pack rings trap and kill fish and other sea life. Could holders made from wheat and barley be an animal-friendly alternative?Instead of killing animals, our packing design will provide them with food, explains Saltwater Brewery co-founder Chris Gove of his company’s biodegradable, edible beer pack rings.The rings, made from wheat and ba […]Maxine Perella
- Sustainable energy: inside Iceland’s geothermal power plant May 29, 2016In the first of a series, we visit the Hellisheiði plant, which provides 300MW of power – and Reykjavik’s hot waterThanks to its position on a volatile section of the Mid-Atlantic ridge, Iceland is a world leader in the the use of geothermal energy, and of the six geothermal power plants in Iceland, Hellisheiði (pronounced “het-li-shay-thee”) is the newest a […]Kit Buchan
- Women lead the call to arms as anti-fracking fight intensifies May 29, 2016Female opposition to drilling soars as mothers unite in desire to safeguard children’s future“We are ready for them,” said Tina Louise Rothery. “It has been a long battle but we have been ready for a confrontation for a long time.”Rothery is one of a growing group of women at the forefront of opposition to fracking. Of the 250 anti-fracking community groups […]John Vidal
- The eco guide to pet fish May 29, 2016Time to help the creatures that, wrested from habitats where they swim thousands of miles, end up atrophying in tanksWe need to talk about Dory. As Pixar’s charming version of a tropical blue tang swims on to screens in Finding Dory next month, conservationists fear a wave of inappropriate fish buying.Finding Nemo, which triggered just such a global craze in […]Lucy Siegle
- Replacing pipes to fix Flint’s water crisis could cost twice as much as expected May 28, 2016Report notes other concerns such as removing lead-contaminated soilEngineering company said average cost is double what Michigan estimatedReplacing pipes to solve the lead-tainted water crisis in Flint could cost at least twice previous estimates, according to a report obtained by a newspaper.Engineering company Rowe Professional Services told the state the […]Associated Press in Flint, Michigan
- Divest January 23, 2013Short title: Divest Our work is challenging Scottish finance to become more sustainable and democratic. Find out more. Background image:
- Dance For The Climate November 11, 2009In August 2009 over 10.000 people danced for the climate on the Ostend Beach in Belgium. By joining this global movement and adding your own dance video to this site, you make your own statement that we have to act now on climate change. read more
- News teaser September 29, 2009Contact the Friends of the Earth Scotland media office: During working hours: 0131 243 2719 Out of hours: 0131 243 2715 Go to the blog Share buttons: No buttons
- Our Successes August 11, 2009Our campaigns get noticed and without us Scotland would not have many of the environmental successes we have today. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Our Purpose August 11, 2009We are the leading organisation in Scotland that is working for environmental justice, campaigning for the planet and its people. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- URGENT #ANTIFA CALLOUT: #LEEDS @2ferdi7 @millymatty @ant1fane @dubdanu @JLRFBNAZIS TO RETURN THIS AND EVERY SATURDAY TO #BRIGGATE: - THEY MUST BE OPPOSED! In today's interview with BBC News, swastika-tatooed Eva Van Housen is defying calls to stop campaigning for Vote Leave, and will be setting up her stall in Briggate. Leeds City Centre, once again this weekend, accompanied by fellow neo-nazi, former BNP Youth Leader / publicis […]
- #ANTIFA ALERT: #LEEDS #NAZI TAKEOVER @2ferdi7 @millymatty @dubdanu @JLRFB #ukipNAZIS TO RETURN THIS AND EVERY SATURDAY TO #BRIGGATE: - THEY MUST BE OPPOSED! On an interview with BBC News, swastika-tatooed Eva Van Housen is defying calls to stop campaigning for Vote Leave, and will be setting up her stall in Briggate. Leeds City Centre, once again this weekend, accompanied by fellow neo-nazi, former BNP Youth Leader / publicist AIDS fan […]
- URGENT #ANTIFA CALL-OUT #LEEDS @slatukip @millymatty @misscheeky666 @JLRFB #ukipNAZIS TO RETURN THIS AND EVERY SATURDAY TO #BRIGGATE: - THEY MUST BE OPPOSED! On in interview with BBC News, swastika-tatooed Eva Van Housen is defying calls to stop campaigning for Vote Leave, and will be setting up her stall in Briggate. Leeds City Centre, once again this weekend, accompanied by fellow neo-nazi, former BNP Youth Leader / publicist AIDS fan […]
- Is Brazil the new Ukraine?This is too much. While I was off-grid, the imperialist abused my identity, the puppet regime it maintains on this land destroyed my neighbourhood, and a toxic corporation went to lobby my relatives. Alarm! I pulled the emergency plan I had recently enacted upon his recommendation and called Ras Ramsay for consultation. Of course he does not have a network a […]
- #ANTIFA ALERT: #LEEDS #NAZI TAKEOVER @millymatty @slatukip @dubdanu @JLRFB #ukipThe lunatics have taken over the "asylum", hardcore Hitler-salivating, rabid neo-Nazis that even the likes of the EDL had thought were history, returning with a vengeance in Leeds, taking over the Vote Leave campaign in the city, much to the stonily silent indifference of Michael Gove and the Official Conservative Party. Ignore it and it will go aw […]
- Press release: Environment Agency enforcement targets close season offenders May 26, 2016Environment Agency enforcement teams have been busy cracking down on illegal fishing during the first few weeks of the coarse fish close season. Officers carried out more than 380 targeted patrols and found more than 70 people fishing on waters that are off-limits. The close season is in place to help natural fish populations spawn so it is illegal to fish d […]
- Press release: Kent & Leven recovery, 6 months after Desmond unleashed his wrath May 26, 2016It is now almost 6 months (6 months on June 4) since Storm Desmond hit, the emergency repairs to defences have been finished, over 30,000 tonnes of gravel have been moved and investigations are well underway to pinpoint the cause and extent of flooding. The findings will mean we have the evidence needed to ensure that the right work can take place in the rig […]
- Press release: Eden flood recovery, six months after Desmond unleashed his wrath May 26, 2016It is now almost 6 months (6 months on June 4) since Storm Desmond hit, the emergency repairs to defences have been finished, over 30,000 tonnes of gravel have been moved and investigations are well underway to pin point the cause and extent of flooding. The findings will mean we have the evidence needed to ensure that the right work can take place in the ri […]
- News story: Derwent flood recovery 6 months after Desmond unleashed his wrath May 26, 2016It is now almost 6 months (6 months on June 4) since Storm Desmond hit, the emergency repairs to defences have been finished, over 30,000 tonnes of gravel have been moved and investigations are well underway to pin point the cause and extent of flooding. The findings will mean we have the evidence needed to ensure the right work can take place in the right a […]
- Press release: Somerset builder prosecuted for dumping and burning waste near Crewkerne. May 26, 2016A 53-year-old Somerset builder who dumped and burned illegal waste in a field has been given a five-year Criminal Behaviour Order and 150 hours community service. Bernard Molloy, aged 53, of Shepton Beauchamp, admitted at Taunton Crown Court to transporting, depositing and transferring waste to Walditch Lane, Merriot, Somerset. The case was brought by the En […]
- UK bees hanger17.wordpress.com/2016/05/17/uk-… 1 week ago
- RSPCA hanger17.wordpress.com/2016/05/16/rsp… 1 week ago
- Animal Welfare Scotland hanger17.wordpress.com/2016/05/16/ani… 1 week ago
- New lights fitted along with heated grips. Felt good on the way back from speedway last night. https://t.co/6T0yu3mjqh 2 weeks ago
- RT @WasteManagement: Our landfill-gas-to-energy facilities offsets 2.5 million tons of CO2 emissions per year. #ThinkGreen https://t.co/hUu… 2 weeks ago
- RT @Protect_Wldlife: A Powerful Statement Mr President! "When The Buying Stops The Killing Can Too" @YaoMing https://t.co/rpO6tHnxEX 2 weeks ago
- RT @AnimalRRights: Heartbreaking neglect as dog survived by eating sticks and drinking rain water rightrelevance.com/search/article… https://t.co/C7XN… 2 weeks ago
- RT @Protect_Wldlife: Goodnight animal lovers worldwide & a big THANK YOU to the special souls who care for the orphans through the night. h… 2 weeks ago
Please answer poll
Site Posts Calendar
Oxford Indymedia Events
No upcoming events
Climate Change Events
- 78th EAGE Conference & Exhibition 2016 May 30, 2016 – June 2, 2016 Vienna, Austria
- 7th International Workshop on Paleoseismology, Active Tectonics, and Archeoseismology May 31, 2016 – June 4, 2016 Crestone, CO, USA
- 10th GEO European Projects Workshop 2016 May 31, 2016 – June 2, 2016 Berlin, Germany
- Margins Through Time – GAC-MAC 2016 June 1, 2016 – June 3, 2016 Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada
- ASTARTE, PEARL & TANDEM Joint Summer School June 3, 2016 – June 7, 2016 Chania, Crete, Greece
- 50th Meeting of the GEF Council June 6, 2016 at 9:00 am – June 9, 2016 at 5:00 pm , Washington DC, United States
- Premiam - Post Spill Monitoring Conference June 22, 2016 at 12:00 am – 12:00 am SOAS, London, United Kingdom
- World Water Week 2016 August 27, 2016 at 9:00 am – September 2, 2016 at 5:00 pm , Stockholm, Sweden
- IUCN World Conservation Congress September 1, 2016 at 9:00 am – September 10, 2016 at 5:00 pm , Hawaii, United States
- Reporting Working Group meeting and Good Practices Workshop September 27, 2016 at 8:00 am – September 29, 2016 at 2:00 pm ConocoPhillips , Houston, United States
- IWA World Water Congress and Exhibitions (Brisbane) October 9, 2016 at 9:00 am – October 13, 2016 at 5:00 pm , Brisbane, QLD, Australia