The naming of this blog was “Inspirational Photography”, a term I used, not as a way of making this blog sound as coming from a professional photographer as i am a political activist like yourself, that uses images and the pen to try to inspire others, a gorilla activist so to speak. “Inspirational Photography” is therefore basically as it say’s, photography of social events that are meant to inspire you to get up off your backside and do something positive yourself to help yourself your community and others.
I have, as you can see, changed my blog title to “Time for Action”. This decision wasn’t taken lightly and was due to people using my blog title as a purchased title for their own websites. This was a hinderance for anyone that searched for my blog. Anyway, it was time for a change, a Time for Action, taking protest to the next level. I have linked my blog to my facebook and twitter accounts. I also have a facebook group under the same name. Feel free to post images on my group page.
It is easy to find reasons why nothing will ever change for the better. And, if we listened only to the insistent voices of sceptics, they would no doubt be proven right; after all, if no-one presses for change, change is unlikely to happen on its own. Small acts of resistance within every community can make a differance. And those who beleive in change have helped change the world – again and again. Therefore you too can make a differance.
“…..hard times and mountains we must climb before the fight for freedom will be won” – The Rising Son
- Global water shortages to deliver 'severe hit' to economies, World Bank warns May 4, 2016Water shortages will deliver a "severe hit" to the economies of the Middle East, central Asia, and Africa by the middle of the century, taking double digits off their GDP, the World Bank warned on Tuesday.
- Timberland pledges to 'preserve the outdoors' with fresh sustainability targets May 3, 2016Outdoor clothing company Timberland has set itself a new list of ambitious sustainability targets for 2020, including goals to plant 10 million trees and ensure that 50% of energy comes from renewable sources.
- Patricia Espinosa nominated to replace Christiana Figueres as UN climate chief May 3, 2016Mexican diplomat Patricia Espinosa looks set to replace Christiana Figueres as the new Executive Secretary of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) after receiving the nomination in a selection process led by UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon.
- Electric cars to become 'hallmark' of VW's portfolio April 29, 2016Automotive giant Volkswagen (VW) has unveiled new transformative outlines for its future projections, which will see the company make electric vehicles (EVs) its new "hallmark", in an attempt to rectify the recent emissions-rigging scandal.
- The low-carbon revolution: Around the world in numbers April 29, 2016With the dust settling on a memorable Earth Day which saw 175 global heads of state from around the world officially sign the Paris Agreement, individual nations have been busy introducing a variety of green policy drivers aimed at curbing climate change.
- 'Radical action' needed to push towards zero-carbon future April 28, 2016The implementation of "radical action" will be necessary to drive the transition to zero-carbon energy systems and to keep global temperature rise below 2°C, according to a newly formed coalition of global commissioners.
- David Attenborough at 90: a TV legend’s top 10 moments May 4, 2016As the wildlife presenter approaches his 90th birthday, we take a look at some of his most awe-inspiring work – from meeting a cannibal tribe to cuddling gorillasTo celebrate Sir David Attenborough’s 90th birthday on 8 May, wildlife television producer Stephen Moss has chosen his top 10 TV moments featuring the great man. Enjoy. Continue reading...Stephen Moss
- Climate change, chaos and inexact computing May 4, 2016Perimeter Institute public lecture by Tim Palmer of Oxford UniversityThe May 2016 Perimeter Institute public lecture is this evening. Tim Palmer of Oxford University will take about climate change, and the computational techniques used to evaluate the predictability and dynamics of weather and climate. The lecture will be followed by a question-and-answer se […]Jon Butterworth
- 'We're like second-class citizens': Flint's struggle continues as Obama visits May 4, 2016As the water crisis enters its third year, the president is on his way to the city following a letter from an 8-year-old – but some say his visit is overdueSince 12-year-old Flint resident Jeremiah Loren contracted a debilitating bacterial infection that has rankled his stomach, his grades have dropped dramatically, he’s missed four months of school this yea […]Ryan Felton in Flint, Michigan
- Leopards have lost 75% of their historical habitat May 4, 2016New research shows the big cats’ global range has shrunk by a shocking amount over the last 250 yearsThe area of the world roamed by leopards has declined by three quarters over the last two and a half centuries, according to the most comprehensive effort yet to map the big cat.Researchers said they were shocked by the shrinking of the spotted hunter’s range […]Adam Vaughan
- BHP Billiton faces £30bn compensation claim over Brazil dam disaster May 4, 2016Mining subsidiary Samarco blamed for country’s worst environmental tragedy, which left 19 deadBHP Billiton and its partner Vale are facing a 155bn real (£30bn) claim from Brazilian prosecutors over a dam collapse last year at one of their iron ore mines, which killed 19 and left 700 homeless.Shares in the London-listed BHP plunged almost 10% after the charge […]Terry Macalister
- Donald Trump's election would derail Paris climate deal, warns its architect May 4, 2016A climate change denier as US president would dramatically threaten global action to cut carbon emissions, says ex-French foreign minister Laurent Fabius The election of Donald Trump would derail the landmark agreement on climate change reached in Paris last December, the architect of the accord has warned.Trump is now virtually certain to be the Republican […]Fiona Harvey
- Divest January 23, 2013Short title: Divest Our work is challenging Scottish finance to become more sustainable and democratic. Find out more. Background image:
- Dance For The Climate November 11, 2009In August 2009 over 10.000 people danced for the climate on the Ostend Beach in Belgium. By joining this global movement and adding your own dance video to this site, you make your own statement that we have to act now on climate change. read more
- News teaser September 29, 2009Contact the Friends of the Earth Scotland media office: During working hours: 0131 243 2719 Out of hours: 0131 243 2715 Go to the blog Share buttons: No buttons
- Our Successes August 11, 2009Our campaigns get noticed and without us Scotland would not have many of the environmental successes we have today. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Our Purpose August 11, 2009We are the leading organisation in Scotland that is working for environmental justice, campaigning for the planet and its people. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Hiding information about health of Poland's ruling party head is a step towardsOn the 20th of February 2016 the information that the head of Poland's governing party Law and Justice, Jaroslaw Kaczynski, possibly has a genetic disease known as Fragile X syndrome (FXS), appeared on the Internet ( http://homment.com/pQeC3y7HmF). It became known from a letter ( http://www.imghost.eu/images/2016/02/20/mb.png) of German politician Sabin […]
- Article 50 is a poisoned chalice – Don’t drink from itThose promoting Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty as the only way to leave the EU are leading us into a maze of delay and sharp practice
- #ALERTA #ANTIFA: #BLUEHAND #NAZI AGENDA @slatukip @misscheeky666 @dubdanu @JLRFBLike all fascist organisations, the fledgling neo-nazi #bluehand organisation which never really got off the ground, led by an ageing racist James Bond fantasist, harbour absolutely vile views little different from Adolf Hitler himself. While #bluehand do their utmost to keep their hatred of Jewish people secret, posting occasional meaningless pro-Israel twe […]
- ALERTA ANTIFA: #BLUEHAND NAZI AGENDA @slatukip @misscheeky666 @dubdanu @JLRFBLike all fascist organisations, the fledgling neo-nazi #bluehand gang which never really got off the ground, led by a James Bond fantasist, harbour absolutely vile views little different from Adolf Hitler himself. While #bluehand do their utmost to keep their hatred of Jewish people secret, posting occasional meaningless pro-Israel tweets to keep up a flimsy […]
- ALERTA ANTIFA: #BLUEHAND NAZI AGENDA @slatukip @dubdanu @misscheeky666 @JLRFBLike all fascist organisations, the fledgling neo-nazi #bluehand organisation which never really got off the ground, led by a James Bond fantasist, harbour absolutely vile views little different from Adolf Hitler himself. While #bluehand do their utmost to keep their hatred of Jewish people secret, posting occasional meaningless pro-Israel tweets to keep up […]
- Press release: Water release at Wimbleball Reservoir to help young salmon May 4, 2016More than 300,000,000 litres of water will be released over 3 days to aid salmon smolt migration downstream. The Environment Agency asks South West Water, who manage the reservoir with Wessex Water, to release the water. The release is a mitigation measure resulting from the construction of Wimbleball Lake in the 1970s. It is particularly useful to do this i […]
- Press release: Environment Agency and Army test flood response May 4, 2016The exercise, which took place at Nesscliffe training ground near Shrewsbury, was based on a significant flood event where an electricity substation was at an immediate risk of flooding. Over 80 soldiers were involved in setting up approximately 150m of 1.25m high temporary flood barrier around the substation. They also practiced sandbagging and setting up h […]
- Press release: Yorkshire Water fined £1.1million for illegal sewage discharge April 29, 2016Yorkshire Water has been fined £1.1million for illegally discharging sewage that polluted the River Ouse near York. Yorkshire Water Services Ltd was sentenced on Friday 29 April at Leeds Crown Court, after previously admitting three environmental offences relating to the operation of its Naburn treatment works in Fulford. The Environment Agency prosecuted th […]
- Press release: Reducing flood risk in Appleby, Cumbria April 29, 2016The Environment Agency has completed construction work to improve flood defences near the swimming pool in Appleby, and will soon start repairs at Holme Farm Bridge. The Environment Agency has replaced the 23 demountable steel gates which previously ran across the swimming pool car park with a permanent flood defence wall. The gates, which were over 20 years […]
- Press release: Reducing flood risk in Glenridding, Cumbria April 29, 2016Improvements to flood defences are underway this week as the Environment Agency starts work on a new wall to protect residents from flooding in the village of Glenridding in Cumbria. The new flood defence wall, which will be 140 metres in length and a metre above the ground, is designed to provide flood protection to residents and properties along the bank o […]
- New chan guard I made for the chopper. https://t.co/aWp9tvzX46 12 hours ago
- RT @SavetheDolphin1: World's First Shark-Deterrent Cable Could Prevent Shark Attacks In Australia #SaveTheSharks techtimes.com/articles/15539… 12 hours ago
- RT @AnimalRRights: VIDEO: Alesha Dixon, Professor Green, Will Young and Their Dogs Star in HSI/UK PSA to rightrelevance.com/search/article… https://t.… 12 hours ago
- RT @_glasgowtigers: RETWEET: To win a chance of 4 tickets for Tigers v Scorpions 3pm Sunday Peugeot Ashfield Stadium G226RU. Be there! http… 1 day ago
- RT @pewtrusts: Less than 3% of Pacific bluefin remain. It’s critical to act now: pew.org/1MSPwym https://t.co/xPVpDAix4m 2 days ago
- RT @StopWolfHunt: A peek at the bloodbath we ended in as we tried to human shield the #wolves via @CarolaAnkar #SaveSweWolves https://t.co… 2 days ago
- RT @RealAlexJones: EU Prepares Military Police Force to Shut Down Protests - infowars.com/eu-prepares-mi… 2 days ago
- This is my Suzuki street fighter before new mods. Will upload another when finished. instagram.com/p/BE4e-YKQZ6y/ 2 days ago
Please answer poll
Site Posts Calendar
Oxford Indymedia Events
No upcoming events
Climate Change Events
- 8th International Workshop on Sand/Duststorms and Associated Dustfall (DUSTworkshop8) May 1, 2016 – May 4, 2016 Lisbon, Portugal
- 2016 Himalayan – Karakorum – Tibet Workshop May 7, 2016 – May 12, 2016 Aussois, France
- ESA Living Planet Symposium May 9, 2016 – May 13, 2016 Prague, Czech Republic
- Seismix 2016 May 15, 2016 – May 20, 2016 Macdonald Aviemore Resort, Aviemore, Scotland
- Japan Geoscience Union Meeting 2016 May 22, 2016 – May 26, 2016 Chiba, Japan
- IFC Water Valuation and Risk in the Financial sector webinar May 12, 2016 at 3:00 pm – 3:00 pm , Online, United Kingdom
- Second session of the United Nations Environment Assembly May 23, 2016 at 12:00 am – May 27, 2016 at 12:00 am UNEP Headquarters, Nairobi, Kenya
- 50th Meeting of the GEF Council June 6, 2016 at 9:00 am – June 9, 2016 at 5:00 pm , Washington DC, United States
- Premiam - Post Spill Monitoring Conference June 22, 2016 at 12:00 am – 12:00 am SOAS, London, United Kingdom
- World Water Week 2016 August 27, 2016 at 9:00 am – September 2, 2016 at 5:00 pm , Stockholm, Sweden
- IUCN World Conservation Congress September 1, 2016 at 9:00 am – September 10, 2016 at 5:00 pm , Hawaii, United States