The naming of this blog was “Inspirational Photography”, a term I used, not as a way of making this blog sound as coming from a professional photographer as i am a political activist like yourself, that uses images and the pen to try to inspire others, a gorilla activist so to speak. “Inspirational Photography” is therefore basically as it say’s, photography of social events that are meant to inspire you to get up off your backside and do something positive yourself to help yourself your community and others.
I have, as you can see, changed my blog title to “Time for Action”. This decision wasn’t taken lightly and was due to people using my blog title as a purchased title for their own websites. This was a hinderance for anyone that searched for my blog. Anyway, it was time for a change, a Time for Action, taking protest to the next level. I have linked my blog to my facebook and twitter accounts. I also have a facebook group under the same name. Feel free to post images on my group page.
It is easy to find reasons why nothing will ever change for the better. And, if we listened only to the insistent voices of sceptics, they would no doubt be proven right; after all, if no-one presses for change, change is unlikely to happen on its own. Small acts of resistance within every community can make a differance. And those who beleive in change have helped change the world – again and again. Therefore you too can make a differance.
“…..hard times and mountains we must climb before the fight for freedom will be won” – The Rising Son
- Businesses urged to 'think differently' and adopt Sustainable Development Goals July 22, 2016The Secretary-General of the United Nations (UN) has called on business, governments and local authorities to adopt new ways of thinking that align the "critical challenges of our time" with operational models and frameworks.
- Facebook's unmanned solar-powered internet drone takes flight July 22, 2016Facebook has announced the successful first flight of its unmanned solar-power internet drone, which will eventually aim to break the world-record for the longest unmanned aircraft flight.
- We are the 'last generation' that can stop climate change, warns Leonardo DiCaprio July 22, 2016The third annual gala for Leonardo DiCaprio's eponymous charity raised $45m for environmental causes on Wednesday night (20 July), with the Hollywood actor warning that this generation has been given the "last chance" to combat climate change.
- Elon Musk unveils 'part deux' of the Tesla master plan July 22, 2016Disruptive manufacturer Tesla has unveiled a new four-step "master plan" that will see the company branch out from the development of electric vehicles (EV) in order to become an organisation that delivers a "sustainable energy economy".
- Tesla town and LED bridges: the best green innovations of the week July 22, 2016In a week that has seen green business initiatives rise above the ongoing political furore, edie rounds up the latest low-carbon, resource efficient technologies and innovations that are reinforcing the business case for sustainability.
- Starbucks tests recyclable coffee cup ahead of next War on Waste July 21, 2016Starbucks is "very interested" in the potential outcome of a new collaborative partnership with sustainable packaging company FrugalPac, which will see the coffee shop chain trial a recyclable coffee cup made from 100% paper.
- ‘World can’t afford to silence us’: black church leaders address climate change July 24, 2016One of the largest and oldest black churches in the US warns that black people are disproportionally harmed by global warming and fossil fuel pollutionAfrican American religious leaders have added their weight to calls for action on climate change, with one of the largest and oldest black churches in the US warning that black people are disproportionally har […]Oliver Milman
- New tests on Colorado town's water show no sign of marijuana July 23, 2016Officials cancel warning not to drink the water in HugoPrevious tests found traces of THC, marijuana’s psychoactive ingredientA warning not to drink the water in a Colorado town has been canceled, after tests showed there was no longer any evidence of a marijuana chemical in the tap water, an initial finding which the mayor said “blew his mind”. Related: Bud […]Associated Press in Hugo, Colorado
- Quick, get rid of your car: car-sharing services really do help the environment July 23, 2016A new study shows a one-way car sharing vehicle can eliminate as many as 11 cars from the road, and cut greenhouse gas emissions by 13 metric tons a yearNearly 90% of Americans own cars, making the country a leader in traffic jams and pollution and costing the economy $124bn. Car sharing presents a good antidote to decongesting our roads – it gives people th […]Alison Moodie
- Welcome to the 'heat dome': no, you're not going to evaporate July 23, 2016New term has been added to the lexicon of the media to explain a high heat advisory, but hasn’t been approved by the national weather service glossaryJust a few weeks ago, the term “heat dome” may have evoked, if anything at all, thoughts of a rather bland Mad Max sequel. But the phrase is now being deployed to label a huge blob of heat that is encasing mill […]Oliver Milman
- Huge toxic algae bloom sickens more than 100 in Utah amid heatwave July 22, 2016Bacteria has spread rapidly to cover almost all of Utah Lake, turning the water bright green with a pea soup texture and leaving scummy foam along the shoreA huge toxic algae bloom in Utah has closed one of the largest freshwater lakes west of the Mississippi river, sickening more than 100 people and leaving farmers scrambling for clean water during some of […]Associated Press
- Conservative groups push back against Republican party's climate denialism July 20, 2016Partnership for Responsible Growth and other groups launch campaigns to urge Republicans and Rupert Murdoch’s media empire to accept climate changeConservative and free-market groups have staged a rearguard effort to get the Republican party to accept the dangers of climate change, criticizing climate denialism within the GOP and Rupert Murdoch’s media empir […]Oliver Milman
- Divest January 23, 2013Short title: Divest Our work is challenging Scottish finance to become more sustainable and democratic. Find out more. Background image:
- Dance For The Climate November 11, 2009In August 2009 over 10.000 people danced for the climate on the Ostend Beach in Belgium. By joining this global movement and adding your own dance video to this site, you make your own statement that we have to act now on climate change. read more
- News teaser September 29, 2009Contact the Friends of the Earth Scotland media office: During working hours: 0131 243 2719 Out of hours: 0131 243 2715 Go to the blog Share buttons: No buttons
- Our Successes August 11, 2009Our campaigns get noticed and without us Scotland would not have many of the environmental successes we have today. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Our Purpose August 11, 2009We are the leading organisation in Scotland that is working for environmental justice, campaigning for the planet and its people. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- #ANTIFA: #TEDDYBEARS #PICNIC @slatukip @dubdanu @siegfails @misscheeky666 @JLRFBLESS THAN thirty brazen little crybabies escaped the clutches of mummy and daddy to parked their prams in Hyde Park for their annual Teddybears Trump Picnic, whilst policemen in riot gear stood guard for the nasty big bogeymen from the UAF, who had threatened to turn up and spoil the fun of the little Angels and cherubs of the EDL's Hitler Pre-School Di […]
- Ambulance Targeting Was Based On Turkish DisinformationIt was an American-made helicopter abusing the name of a First Nations tribe which penetrated Syrian territory coming from Golan late June, in bright daylight approached a nameless Czech-made ambulance car, and fired a B7EV type air-to-ground missile killing a patient plus other inmates en route to a civilian hospital. One of many, too many casualties in a f […]
- Ex-Royal Military Policeman accused of harassing Sussex Police Commissioner KatySussex Police and Crime Commissioner Katy Bourne is being harassed by an ex- Royal Military Policeman, while Sussex Police stand by allowing it to continue.
- What is Grybauskaite silent about?As early as the beginning of the first presidential term, at the meeting with members of Lithuanian National Security and Defence Committee, Dalia Grybauskaite took up the question of making public materials, stored in the archives and connected with the activities of KGB and other secret services, worked in Lithuania. "Lustration has to be finished by […]
- Abu Sayyaf Release Australian Alternative Therapist for GoodDespite a recent surge of violence on the archipelago, militants in the Philippine Islands this week set free an Australian hostage they had held in captivity for three years. The 38 year old Raph Ader who had been vacationing in a local community aside from the overcrowded beaches was abducted during a speed boat round trip in the area, of which his wife ha […]
- Press release: Severn Trent Water fined £426,000 for repeated raw sewage leaks in to the Shire Brook July 22, 2016On 21 July 2016, at Nottingham Crown Court, Severn Trent Water Limited was fined £426,000, ordered to pay Environment Agency Costs of £38,642.60 as well as a victim surcharge of £120. Severn Trent Water had previously pleaded guilty to the charges at Nottingham Magistrates Court on 25 November 2015. Proceedings were brought by the Environment Agency followin […]
- Press release: Stay safe this summer in and around the Thames Environment Agency warns July 21, 2016But as the navigation authority for the non-tidal stretch of the river – from Cricklade in Wiltshire to Shepperton in south west London - the Environment Agency is asking parents and guardians to warn children and young people about the dangers of playing by its locks, weirs, bridges, and anywhere else in and around the Thames. It has published the staying s […]
- Press release: Man fined for operating illegal waste site July 20, 2016A Northumberland man has been fined for storing scrap vehicles without a permit. William Scott Armstrong, 31, of Linton Colliery in Morpeth, appeared at Berwick Magistrates’ Court on Monday, July 19. He pleaded guilty to one offence of operating a regulated facility without a permit, and was fined £1,160, ordered to pay costs of £3,000, and a victim surcharg […]
- Press release: Dorset man narrowly escapes prison for running illegal waste oil site July 19, 2016At a sentencing hearing at Taunton Crown Court on Friday (July 15), Judge David Ticehurst warned Allen he would be sent to prison if he appeared before him again. At a previous magistrates court hearing, Allen pleaded guilty to 2 offences of keeping controlled waste at Keepers Paddock, Middlemarsh, Sherborne in a manner likely to cause pollution or harm huma […]
- Press release: Essential maintenance work on Abbey Mill Sluice to start soon July 19, 2016The drop-in will be held between 2:30pm and 6pm at: Tewkesbury Abbey Tea Room Church Street Tewkesbury Gloucestershire GL20 5RZ The aim of the drop-in is to inform local residents how and why the maintenance is required to the Abbey Mill sluice gate, and the potential impacts to anyone who uses the crossing area regularly, for example dog walkers and joggers […]
- RT @nascar_lens: Top 10 Most Awesome Customized Motor-Trikes goo.gl/KZUi1o https://t.co/zxqApBPkyt 5 days ago
- RT @AutoAuctionSale: #BMW: 7-Series 750i 7 series #BMW 750 i sedan low miles 4 dr automatic ... - autoauctionsale.com/bmw-7-series-7… | | https://t.co/… 5 days ago
- RT @guardiannews: Air pollution causes wrinkles and premature ageing, new research shows ebx.sh/29YzSkF 1 week ago
- RT @LMildwater: goo.gl/CHR5pG #NorwaySunday Let the WORLD know Norway kill MORE whales than ANY other #OpWhales https://t.co/CM… 1 week ago
- RT @raider_truth: 150 wounded in #Turkey twitter.com/skynews/status… 1 week ago
- Istanbul treating 150 injured ac ording to NTV. #TurkeyCoup 1 week ago
- RT @agirecudi: Smoke rising from Turkish Parliament https://t.co/tWRv0ABheT 1 week ago
- RT @RT_com: URGENT: Military take media hostages at Hurriyet, CNN Turk offices – reports on.rt.com/7j6b https://t.co/K7z0w0CJMz 1 week ago
Please answer poll
Site Posts Calendar
Oxford Indymedia Events
No upcoming events
Climate Change Events
- EuroScience Open Forum July 23, 2016 – July 27, 2016 Manchester, UK
- SEDI 2016 July 24, 2016 – July 29, 2016 Nantes, France
- 41st COSPAR Scientific Assembly and Associated Events July 30, 2016 – August 7, 2016 Istanbul, Turkey
- AOGS 13th Annual Meeting July 31, 2016 – August 5, 2016 Beijing, China
- 15th International Peat Congress August 15, 2016 – August 19, 2016 Sarawak, Malaysia
- World Water Week 2016 August 27, 2016 at 9:00 am – September 2, 2016 at 5:00 pm , Stockholm, Sweden
- IUCN World Conservation Congress September 1, 2016 at 9:00 am – September 10, 2016 at 5:00 pm , Hawaii, United States
- IWA World Water Congress and Exhibitions (Brisbane) October 9, 2016 at 9:00 am – October 13, 2016 at 5:00 pm , Brisbane, QLD, Australia
- UNFCCC COP-22 November 7, 2016 at 12:00 am – November 18, 2016 at 12:00 am , Marrakech, Morocco
- Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services Peer-to-Peer Workshop November 17, 2016 at 9:00 am – November 18, 2016 at 5:00 pm Centara Grand & Bangkok Convention Centre at Centr, Bangkok, Thailand
- COP13 Convention on Biological Diversity December 4, 2016 at 9:00 am – December 17, 2016 at 5:00 pm , Los Cabos, Mexico