The naming of this blog was “Inspirational Photography”, a term I used, not as a way of making this blog sound as coming from a professional photographer as i am a political activist like yourself, that uses images and the pen to try to inspire others, a gorilla activist so to speak. “Inspirational Photography” is therefore basically as it say’s, photography of social events that are meant to inspire you to get up off your backside and do something positive yourself to help yourself your community and others.
I have, as you can see, changed my blog title to “Time for Action”. This decision wasn’t taken lightly and was due to people using my blog title as a purchased title for their own websites. This was a hinderance for anyone that searched for my blog. Anyway, it was time for a change, a Time for Action, taking protest to the next level. I have linked my blog to my facebook and twitter accounts. I also have a facebook group under the same name. Feel free to post images on my group page.
It is easy to find reasons why nothing will ever change for the better. And, if we listened only to the insistent voices of sceptics, they would no doubt be proven right; after all, if no-one presses for change, change is unlikely to happen on its own. Small acts of resistance within every community can make a differance. And those who beleive in change have helped change the world – again and again. Therefore you too can make a differance.
“…..hard times and mountains we must climb before the fight for freedom will be won” – The Rising Son
- IEA: Governments must triple low-carbon spending May 5, 2015Public spending on low-carbon technology must be tripled if we are to stay within global warming limits, the International Energy Agency (IEA) has warned.
- Volkswagen revs up bid to become world's greenest carmaker May 5, 2015German carmaker Volkswagen has released its 2014 Sustainability Report, revealing good progress towards its plan to become "the world's most sustainable automobile company".
- Unilever's Sustainable Living Plan drives business growth May 5, 2015The business case for sustainability couldn't be clearer: Unilever's 'Sustainable Living' brands accounted for half of the company's growth in 2014 and grew at twice the rate of the rest of the business, chief executive Paul Polman has revealed.
- Stern warning: Emissions pledges too weak to stop global warming May 4, 2015The pledges made by major international emitters ahead of the Paris UN conference are not strong enough to limit global warming to 2C, according to team of researchers led by Nicholas Stern.
- UK leaps to third in world for large-scale solar May 1, 2015The UK now boasts the third largest utility-scale solar capacity in the world after a flurry of first quarter installations.
- Tesla's foray into energy storage could 'revolutionise energy system' May 1, 2015The news that Tesla is launching a battery energy storage pack is 'another nail in the coffin of conventional utilities', according to a professor of energy policy at the University of Exeter.
- Greenpeace India could close within a month due to government crackdown May 5, 2015Organisation faces 340 job losses in what would be the only forced closure since it was founded in 1971 because Indian government has frozen its bank accountsGreenpeace India will be forced to close within a month with the loss of 340 jobs because of a government crackdown on its funding, the organisation’s chief has warned.The Indian home ministry froze sev […]Adam Vaughan
- How to break the political silence on the environment May 5, 2015To get green policies high up on the political platform where they belong, we need to show how they directly affect the economy, the NHS and energy bills that voters and politicians care aboutA YouGov poll published last week found that 40% of voters wanted to hear more about the environment. They also wanted to hear more about education, pensions, foreign a […]Tom Burke
- Standard Chartered faces pressure to cut links to Australian 'carbon bomb' project May 5, 2015UK bank lent $680m to the company building one of world’s largest coal mines in Queensland, according to court testimony, despite publicly saying it is not funding the projectOne of the UK’s largest banks, Standard Chartered, has lent $680m (£448m) to a company building one of the biggest coal mines in the world, according to legal testimony that casts doubt […]Jennifer Rankin
- Members of three Danish pension funds vote to divest from fossil fuels May 5, 2015Academics, civil engineers and architects from three of six funds worth £23bn vote to sell off coal and high risk oil and gas – but lawyers, vets and other engineers vote against divestmentAcademics, civil engineers and architects in Denmark have voted in favour of their pension funds selling off coal and high risk oil and gas investments, because of the rol […]Damian Carrington
- Inspirational climate researchers feared dead on Arctic expedition May 5, 2015Last week, Marc Cornelissen and Philip de Roo, went missing, presumed drowned on an expedition to collect samples of thin Arctic ice. Their passion and commitment to stopping climate change gives us all something to aspire toWhen you were a little kid and you imagined what a polar explorer might look like, it was probably men like Marc Cornelissen and Philip […]Ruth Dawkins
- 94 pangolins released in Sumatra following huge illegal wildlife seizure May 5, 2015Trafficked pangolins are freed as Indonesian ministers urged harsher penalties to deter illegal wildlife trade, reports MongabayFollowing a major seizure of illegal wildlife goods in North Sumatra, the Indonesian authorities released 94 pangolins into the wild last week, including a newborn whose mother died shortly after the authorities caught up with the t […]Ayat S. Karokaro for Mongabay, part of the Guardian Environment Network
- Finance January 23, 2013Short title: Finance Our work is challenging Scottish finance to become more sustainable and democratic. Find out more. Background image:
- Dance For The Climate November 11, 2009In August 2009 over 10.000 people danced for the climate on the Ostend Beach in Belgium. By joining this global movement and adding your own dance video to this site, you make your own statement that we have to act now on climate change. read more
- News teaser September 29, 2009Contact the Friends of the Earth Scotland media office: During working hours: 0131 243 2719 Out of hours: 0131 243 2715 Go to the blog Share buttons: No buttons
- Our Successes August 11, 2009Our campaigns get noticed and without us Scotland would not have many of the environmental successes we have today. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Our Purpose August 11, 2009We are the leading organisation in Scotland that is working for environmental justice, campaigning for the planet and its people. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- A call for the self-representations of autonomous projectscall out for infosharing
- Monsanto advances from the Eastern FrontPrepare to GMO invasion into EU. This time it comes from the East
- Consumer loses in Court of AppealIn London on the 23rd April 2015, the Court of Appeal handed down a judgement that will have a drastic impact on parking charges that can be levied by private parking companies. In the unanimous judgement, the court ruled that an £85 parking ticket for overstaying the parking limit, in what was otherwise a free car park, was a legal charge. This is bad news […]
- Samir Jassal - Conservative Party ConmanSamir Jassal wants to become a conservative MP for East Ham and a conservative councillor for Gravesend. Can he be trusted?
- Police crackdown on anarchist movement in Czech RepublicRecent police crackdown on anarchist movement in Czech Republic
- Press release: Nottinghamshire landfill site shut down after enforcement action March 30, 2015Enforcement action led to a formal caution and a legal agreement resulting in the closure of a landfill site in Nottinghamshire, the Environment Agency announced today (27 March). In June 2013 the Environment Agency found that FCC Recycling (UK) Limited (also trading as FCC Environment), who operated the Dorket Head Landfill site in Arnold Nottinghamshire, h […]
- Press release: Lincoln man guilty of dumping waste near Leicestershire river March 30, 2015On 26 March 2015, Frank Nicklinson, 39, from Lincoln pleaded guilty at Leicester Magistrates Court to two offences relating to the illegal transportation and dumping of controlled waste on land at Lounge Colliery, Ashby Road, Ashby de la Zouch on 5 August 2014. Mr Nicklinson received a fine of £660, was ordered to pay costs of £1700 and a victim surcharge of […]
- Press release: Help plan the future and protect our environment - join the flood and coastal committee March 27, 2015This is an exciting opportunity for someone to support the Environment Agency and local authorities to create partnerships that fund and deliver projects for communities at risk. The RFCC plays a critical role in deciding local priorities for flood and coastal erosion risk management. One of the 3 new members will ideally be a conservation representative who […]
- Press release: Multi-agency clamp down on illegal scrap metal operators in Boston March 27, 2015The Environment Agency worked with Boston Borough Council, Lincolnshire County Council and Lincolnshire Police on 26 March to put a stop to illegal activity - and keep a level playing field for legitimate businesses to operate in the waste vehicle dismantling sector. Officers visited illegal vehicle dismantlers and unlicensed scrap metal dealers and carriers […]
- Press release: Waste company owner given suspended prison sentence for waste tyre offences March 25, 2015Andrew Mayhew pleaded guilty to 5 offences at Plymouth Crown Court of running a waste operation without the necessary permits, which involved dumping large numbers of tyres at several different sites including Hill Barton Business Park, Exeter; Moor Barton Farm in Tiverton, as well as Dawlish, North Tawton, and Hayedown industrial estate, Tavistock. At the h […]
- I'm giving away free Vax vac cleaner @ bit.ly/1JMCwqF 1 day ago
- I'm giving away free DVD player with remote @ bit.ly/1JKDgcj 1 week ago
- SEXY CELEBRITY REVEALS TO INMATES THE VALUE OF EATING VEGAN wp.me/pPEwS-2pe 2 weeks ago
- The Week in Animal Rights wp.me/pPEwS-2pc 2 weeks ago
- Vegans, Animal Rights and Feminism: An unfortunately losing combination wp.me/pPEwS-2p9 2 weeks ago
- The Sexiest Vegan Next Door: 14 Days to Vote wp.me/pPEwS-2p6 2 weeks ago
- Bird Flu Outbreak in Ontario Farm wp.me/pPEwS-2p3 2 weeks ago
- Trust but Verify… wp.me/pPEwS-2oZ 2 weeks ago
Please answer poll
Site Posts Calendar
Oxford Indymedia Events
No upcoming events
Climate Change Events
- Joint Assembly AGU-GAC-MAC-CGU May 3, 2015 – May 8, 2015 Montreal, Canada
- Comparative Tectonics and Geodynamics of Venus, Earth, and Rocky Exoplanets Workshop May 4, 2015 – May 7, 2015 Pasadena, California, USA
- 47th Liège Colloquium on Ocean Dynamics: "Marine Environmental Mo nitoring, Modelling and Prediction" May 4, 2015 – May 9, 2015 Liège, Belgium
- Liège Colloquium on Marine Environmental Monitoring, Modelling a nd Prediction May 4, 2015 – May 9, 2015 Liège, Belgium
- Cordilleran Section GSA 11th Annual Meeting May 11, 2015 – May 14, 2015 Anchorage, Alaska, USA
- IFC Sustainability Exchange May 20, 2015 at 9:00 am – May 21, 2015 at 5:00 pm , Washington, United States
- IWRA World Water Congress XV May 25, 2015 at 12:00 am – May 29, 2015 at 12:00 am , Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- WPC Leadership Conference May 26, 2015 at 9:00 am – May 28, 2015 at 6:00 pm , Tromso, Norway
- UNFCCC ADP 2-9 June 1, 2015 at 12:00 am – June 11, 2015 at 12:00 am , Bonn, Germany
- Proteus Partnership Annual General Meeting June 9, 2015 at 9:00 am – June 10, 2015 at 5:00 pm , London, United Kingdom
- CSBI meeting June 11, 2015 at 9:00 am – June 12, 2015 at 5:00 pm , London, United Kingdom