The naming of this blog was “Inspirational Photography”, a term I used, not as a way of making this blog sound as coming from a professional photographer as i am a political activist like yourself, that uses images and the pen to try to inspire others, a gorilla activist so to speak. “Inspirational Photography” is therefore basically as it say’s, photography of social events that are meant to inspire you to get up off your backside and do something positive yourself to help yourself your community and others.
I have, as you can see, changed my blog title to “Time for Action”. This decision wasn’t taken lightly and was due to people using my blog title as a purchased title for their own websites. This was a hinderance for anyone that searched for my blog. Anyway, it was time for a change, a Time for Action, taking protest to the next level. I have linked my blog to my facebook and twitter accounts. I also have a facebook group under the same name. Feel free to post images on my group page.
It is easy to find reasons why nothing will ever change for the better. And, if we listened only to the insistent voices of sceptics, they would no doubt be proven right; after all, if no-one presses for change, change is unlikely to happen on its own. Small acts of resistance within every community can make a differance. And those who beleive in change have helped change the world – again and again. Therefore you too can make a differance.
“…..hard times and mountains we must climb before the fight for freedom will be won” – The Rising Son
- Heineken partners with UNIDO to tackle water scarcity in developing markets March 2, 2015International brewer Heineken is teaming up with the United Nations Industrial Development Organisation (UNIDO) to accelerate the deployment of water stewardship initiatives in countries and regions classified as 'water-scarce'.
- Google announces $300m investment in rooftop solar February 27, 2015Google's latest renewable energy investment will be providing almost half of a new $750m fund by SolarCity Corp to finance 25,000 residential solar projects, marking the technology giant's largest renewable energy investment to date.
- Asendia ascends towards carbon-neutrality with offsetting scheme February 27, 2015International mail distribution company Asendia has ramped up its sustainability efforts by signing up to a carbon offsetting scheme to help achieve its long-term aim of becoming carbon neutral.
- World leaders urged to tackle food waste to save billions and cut emissions February 26, 2015Governments across the world should make reducing food waste an urgent priority in order to save as much as £194bn annually by 2030, according to a report.
- Plummeting prices provide sustainable investment opportunity in Chinese cotton industry February 26, 2015International brands and retailers are being called upon to take advantage of a 'valuable window of opportunity' to invest and build a more resilient supply chain in the Chinese cotton market.
- Walmart launches virtual sustainability shop February 25, 2015American retailer Walmart has opened up an online tool that allows customers to factor in sustainability credentials when purchasing products from its website.
- Focus on green tech to tackle climate change, says UK's climate adviser March 3, 2015Sir David King says green technology deserves as much attention as being given to details of negotiations for Paris Green technology should be as much a focus of tackling climate change as the United Nations negotiations leading up to a crunch conference in Paris this December, the UK’s top foreign office adviser on climate said on Tuesday.Sir David King, fo […]Fiona Harvey
- Bank of England warns of huge financial risk from fossil fuel investments March 3, 2015Global action on climate change could cause insurers’ investments in fossil fuels to take a huge hit, says bank’s prudential regulation authorityInsurance companies could suffer a “huge hit” if their investments in fossil fuel companies are rendered worthless by action on climate change, the Bank of England warned on Tuesday.“One live risk right now is of in […]Damian Carrington
- Air pollution will kill thousands in Europe, EEA warns March 3, 2015EU environment watchdog blames governments for failing to act on air pollution warnings saying it will lead to premature deaths across the countries Hundreds of thousands of Europeans will suffer a premature death in the next two decades as the result of governments’ failure to act on air pollution, Europe’s environmental watchdog has warned.In 2011, the lat […]Fiona Harvey
- Peregrine falcon found shot dead at Derbyshire Wildlife Trust's headquarters March 3, 2015Police launch investigation into illegal killing of male bird of prey that was nesting in a mill tower at the Trust’s offices in BelperA peregrine falcon which was nesting on Derbyshire Wildlife Trust’s office roof has been discovered shot dead outside the building in Belper.Police have launched an investigation into the illegal killing after the corpse of t […]Patrick Barkham
- Lifespan of consumer electronics is getting shorter, study finds March 3, 2015Investigation of built-in obsolescence for German environment agency finds percentage of products sold to replace defective ones has increased remarkably, reports ENDS EuropeElectronic product life spans are getting shorter, an investigation of built-in obsolescence for the German environment agency has indicated.But consumers’ desire to replace products suc […]Susanna Ala-Kurikka for ENDS Europe, part of the Guardian Environment Network
- Ed Davey announces £3m for 'boilers on prescription' scheme March 3, 2015Plan to eventually roll out scheme across England to let GPs prescribe boilers, insulation and double glazing to fuel-poor patients The UK government is preparing a national programme for doctors to prescribe boilers, insulation and double glazing to fuel-poor patients suffering from diseases exacerbated by cold homes.The energy secretary Ed Davey will on Tu […]Karl Mathiesen
- Finance January 23, 2013Short title: Finance Our work is challenging Scottish finance to become more sustainable and democratic. Find out more. Background image:
- Dance For The Climate November 11, 2009In August 2009 over 10.000 people danced for the climate on the Ostend Beach in Belgium. By joining this global movement and adding your own dance video to this site, you make your own statement that we have to act now on climate change. read more
- News teaser September 29, 2009Contact the Friends of the Earth Scotland media office: During working hours: 0131 243 2719 Out of hours: 0131 243 2715 Go to the blog Share buttons: No buttons
- Our Successes August 11, 2009Our campaigns get noticed and without us Scotland would not have many of the environmental successes we have today. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Our Purpose August 11, 2009We are the leading organisation in Scotland that is working for environmental justice, campaigning for the planet and its people. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Solidarity needed at Yorkley Court Community FarmResidents of Yorkley Court Community Farm would like to say a huge THANK YOU for the support & solidarity received so far…
- ISIS 101 What’s really terrifying about this threaThe truly terrifying aspect of ISIS and other forces fighting with it in Syria is that the United States and Israel have approved and supported such wanton destruction in so beautiful and formerly-peaceful a place as Syria. Millions of lives destroyed and countless historic places damaged as though they were all nothing more than a few pieces moved on a geop […]
- Cameron's Child Sex Abuse Announcements Tuesday 3 March 2015Child sex abuse and violence against children in several English local Council areas and David Cameron's highly-publicised stunts staged today
- FoI hearing re Huntingdon Life SciencesThe fight for transparency over the government's decision to provide banking and insurance services to failing animal testing company Huntingdon Life Science continues on Friday 27th March in Manchester. Rhonda Moorhouse will again be appealing for a positive response to her request for full disclosure regarding this matter. Her last appeal was dismisse […]
- Wrexham joins National Day of Protest Against WCA & MaximusA national day of action was called for Monday 2 March to protest the ongoing use of the discredited Work Capability Assessments to determine fitness for work or otherwise and to leave Maximus, the company that has taken over from Atos to carry these out, in no doubt that resistance will be ongoing.2 March is the first working day of Maximus' new contra […]
- Press release: Enforcement action taken to remove unregistered vessels March 3, 2015Boaters are reminded to renew their registration before 1 April 2015 or risk their vessel being removed from Environment Agency waterways. The Environment Agency has started an annual programme to remove dangerous and unregistered vessels from the Anglian Waterways. One unregistered boat has been removed from the River Wissey in Norfolk and there are plans t […]
- Press release: Help the Environment Agency reduce flood risk in Nether Heyford March 2, 2015Ben Thornely, Partnerships and Strategic Overview Team Leader at the Environment Agency, said: The events will allow us to hear about residents’ experience and knowledge of flooding – information which will improve our understanding of flood risk in the area and help us plan together ways in which we could work together to reduce flood risk. The sessions are […]
- Press release: Environment Agency unveils new rod licence images to promote legal fishing March 2, 2015Designed by renowned angling and wildlife artist, David Miller, the new rod licences go on sale today (Monday 2 March). The image on this year’s coarse fishing rod licence is a crucian carp (Carassius carassius) and the non-coarse is a salmon (Salmo salar). Last year David’s artwork featured on a range of sustainable fish stamps for the Royal Mail. Sarah Cha […]
- Press release: Residents and businesses invited to Rugeley flood scheme drop-ins February 27, 2015Drop-in sessions to discuss the scheme will be held at: Rugeley Leisure Centre Burnthill Lane Rugeley WS15 2HZ on the following dates: Thursday 5 March 2015, between 3pm and 8pm Saturday 7 March 2015, between 10am and 12pm The Environment Agency and local council will be on hand at both drop-in sessions to provide information about the new proposals for the […]
- News story: Environment Agency Board appointment February 27, 2015Professor Lynne Frostick has been appointed to the Board of the Environment Agency as lead member for flood and coastal risk management by the Secretary of State for the Environment, Elizabeth Truss. Professor Frostick’s appointment takes effect from the 16th March 2015 for three years. The re-appointment of Emma Howard Boyd as a Board member has also been c […]
- I'm giving away free silver phone with display @ bit.ly/1AOP0sH 1 day ago
- Heavy snow forecast for Dunoon later today and through the night. 1 day ago
- China importing baby elephants wp.me/pPEwS-2ol 1 week ago
- RT @RT_com: #ISIS burns over 100,000 books in Anbar, Iraq, incl rare manuscripts - official on.rt.com/esel5w http://t.co/KWcSnQkBjA 1 week ago
- RT @adelewilliams: @GBBJI Hi Wd you please share this event about food poverty in Nottingham? We'll be collecting for foodbanks too. http:… 1 week ago
- RT @adelewilliams: @StMarysNotts Pls share:1 million foodbank visits in 2014 -make some noise about it! Bring foodbank items if u can http:… 1 week ago
- Global Rally Against the Dog and Cat Meat Trade wp.me/pPEwS-2oj 1 week ago
- The consequence of sugar consumption wp.me/pPEwS-2oh 1 week ago
Please answer poll
Site Posts Calendar
Oxford Indymedia Events
- Fixing the food system: how to feed everyone March 20, 2015 at 7:30 pm Friends Meeting House, St. Giles
Climate Change Events
- Theoretical advances in planetary flows and climate dynamics March 2, 2015 – March 7, 2015 Les Houches, France
- Progress in Quaternary Archive Studies in the Iberian Peninsula March 12, 2015 – March 14, 2015 Sevilla, Spain
- 46th Lunar and Planetary Science Conference March 16, 2015 – March 21, 2015 The Woodlands, TX, USA
- Conference on Sun-Climate Connections March 16, 2015 – March 20, 2015 Kiel, Germany
- Habitability in the Universe: From the Early Earth to Exoplanets March 22, 2015 – March 28, 2015 Porto, Portugal
- 4th World Water-Tech Investment Summit March 9, 2015 at 9:00 am – March 11, 2015 at 5:00 pm GRANGE TOWER BRIDGE, London, United Kingdom
- SPE E&P Health, Safety, Security, and Environmental Conference—Americas March 16, 2015 at 8:30 am – March 18, 2015 at 6:30 pm , Denver, United States
- Interspill 2015 March 24, 2015 at 8:00 am – March 26, 2015 at 6:00 pm Amsterdam RAI Convention Centre, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Spring Meeting - World Bank Group and International Monetary Fund April 17, 2015 at 8:00 am – April 19, 2015 at 4:00 pm , Washington D.C, United States
- IAIA 15 - Impact Assessment in the Digital Era April 20, 2015 at 8:00 am – April 23, 2015 at 4:00 pm Firenze Fiera Congress & Exhibition Center, Florence, Italy
- IAIA15: Impact Assessment in the Digital Era April 20, 2015 at 8:15 am – April 23, 2015 at 4:00 pm Firenze Fiera Congress & Exhibition Center , Florence, Italy