The naming of this blog was “Inspirational Photography”, a term I used, not as a way of making this blog sound as coming from a professional photographer as i am a political activist like yourself, that uses images and the pen to try to inspire others, a gorilla activist so to speak. “Inspirational Photography” is therefore basically as it say’s, photography of social events that are meant to inspire you to get up off your backside and do something positive yourself to help yourself your community and others.
I have, as you can see, changed my blog title to “Time for Action”. This decision wasn’t taken lightly and was due to people using my blog title as a purchased title for their own websites. This was a hinderance for anyone that searched for my blog. Anyway, it was time for a change, a Time for Action, taking protest to the next level. I have linked my blog to my facebook and twitter accounts. I also have a facebook group under the same name. Feel free to post images on my group page.
It is easy to find reasons why nothing will ever change for the better. And, if we listened only to the insistent voices of sceptics, they would no doubt be proven right; after all, if no-one presses for change, change is unlikely to happen on its own. Small acts of resistance within every community can make a differance. And those who beleive in change have helped change the world – again and again. Therefore you too can make a differance.
“…..hard times and mountains we must climb before the fight for freedom will be won” – The Rising Son
- Thirty two energy firms account for a third of global emissions May 21, 2015Thirty two of the world's largest energy firms account for around a third of all man-made emissions when the burning of the fuel they produce is taken into account.
- UK ranks 6th in new environmental democracy index May 21, 2015The UK has been ranked sixth in a new index from the World Resources Institute (WRI) which tracks how 70 countries around the world are progressing on 'environmental democracy'
- Renewables industry adds one million jobs in 2014 May 20, 2015More than 7.7m people around the world are now employed by the renewable energy industry - an 18% increase on last year.
- Hydropower to hit 2,000GW by 2050 May 18, 2015The global hydroelectric power market, which already represents 76% of all renewable energy, could double to 2,000GW by 2050, according to the World Energy Council.
- Fossil fuels subidised by $10m every minute, says IMF May 18, 2015Fossil fuel companies are benefitting from global subsidies of $5.3tn (£3.4tn) a year, equivalent to $10m every minute of every day, according to a startling new estimate by the International Monetary Fund.
- New tool aims to simplify sustainability process May 18, 2015If big corporations knew exactly how much money they could save by making sustainable decisions, they would be more likely cut emissions, source responsibly and reduce waste.
- The week in wildlife – in pictures May 22, 2015A fox facing up to a pride of lions, Tibetan antelope and sleeping koalas feature in this week’s pick of images from the natural world Continue reading...Guardian Staff
- Axa to divest from high-risk coal funds due to threat of climate change May 22, 2015Insurance company to move £350m out of coal companies and triple investments in green technologies The insurance company Axa has said it will remove around €500m (£355m) of coal investments from its portfolio, in a move that reflects long-term concerns in the insurance industry over climate change.The company has also pledged to triple its investments in gre […]Fiona Harvey, environment correspondent
- EU dropped pesticide laws due to US pressure over TTIP, documents reveal May 22, 2015US trade officials pushed EU to shelve action on endocrine-disrupting chemicals linked to cancer and male infertility to facilitate TTIP free trade dealEU moves to regulate hormone-damaging chemicals linked to cancer and male infertility were shelved following pressure from US trade officials over the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) fre […]Arthur Neslen Brussels
- Colombian takes BP to court in UK over alleged complicity in kidnap and torture May 22, 2015BP says it will defend unprecedented claim by trade union leader Gilberto Torres in case that spotlights role of big carbon in one of Colombia’s darkest periodsA Colombian trade union leader is beginning an unprecedented claim for damages against BP in the high court in London, alleging the oil company’s complicity in his kidnap and torture 13 years ago. Rel […]Mary Carson, Adrian Gatton, Rodrigo Vázquez and Maggie O'Kane
- Saudi Arabia's solar-for-oil plan is a ray of hope May 22, 2015Talk by the world’s biggest oil exporter of giving up fossil fuels and embracing solar and wind energy adds momentum towards a global climate change dealSo what to make of the statement by Saudi Arabia’s oil minister that the world’s biggest oil exporter could stop using fossil fuels as soon as 2040 and become a “global power” in solar and wind energy?Ali Al […]Damian Carrington
- Climate change blamed for severe drought hitting Vietnam's coffee crops May 22, 2015Exports drop 40% as world’s second-biggest coffee exporter suffers rising temperatures and drought, combined with effects of deforestation, land degradation and depleted water resources caused by decades of growthThe last time Nguyen Van Viet saw water in his well was almost four months ago. The 44-year-old has farmed coffee in central Vietnam for two decade […]Mark Scialla in Ho Chi Minh City
- Finance January 23, 2013Short title: Finance Our work is challenging Scottish finance to become more sustainable and democratic. Find out more. Background image:
- Dance For The Climate November 11, 2009In August 2009 over 10.000 people danced for the climate on the Ostend Beach in Belgium. By joining this global movement and adding your own dance video to this site, you make your own statement that we have to act now on climate change. read more
- News teaser September 29, 2009Contact the Friends of the Earth Scotland media office: During working hours: 0131 243 2719 Out of hours: 0131 243 2715 Go to the blog Share buttons: No buttons
- Our Successes August 11, 2009Our campaigns get noticed and without us Scotland would not have many of the environmental successes we have today. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Our Purpose August 11, 2009We are the leading organisation in Scotland that is working for environmental justice, campaigning for the planet and its people. Share buttons: No buttons read more
- Europe’s share of the Arctic PieWhen the United States bought Alaska from the Russian Empire nobody could foresee the pending importance of the region.
- Brainwashed Britain!Election result (tory) blues graffiti.
- ANTIFA fight clubvideos
- #KillBaharMustafaI didn't invent the hashtag, although I did think of it on the bus (and I don't have a smartphone). As it goes, I'm most certainly not in favour of killing Bahar, and I don't even think that she should be sacked.This is not the first time that she has been the subject of media attention at Goldsmiths, the university where my eyes were for […]
- ANTIFA: NEW JEFF MARSH NAZI GANG TO GOOSESTEP IN DUDLEY @misscheeky666 @edlnewsAs reported in the Express and Star newspaper, Jeff Marsh's cowardly Pie and Mash Squad have reinvented themselves into a brand new fascist street fighting group "All Football Fans/Firms Against Islamisation" (AFFFAI), and are marching on Saturday June 13th in Dudley. Casuals United's previous actions amounted to throwing female anti-cuts […]
- Press release: Waste illegally dumped and burned near protected area in Teesside May 22, 2015A Teesside man illegally dumped and burned waste on a site on the Tees Estuary next to a protected area noted for its wetland bird habitat, a court has heard. The Environment Agency warned Jamie Thomas Rose, 30, that he must stop running the illegal operation but he continued to offend for a further five months. Following an Environment Agency investigation […]
- Press release: Burton man jailed for 7 months over illegal waste site May 22, 2015On 30 April 2015, Robert Murphy, 48, of Ravens Way, Burton-upon-Trent Staffordshire was sentenced at Stafford Crown Court to 7 months imprisonment, following a contested Newton Hearing for an offence of operating a waste facility on land off the A38 Eggington near Burton-upon-Trent. Murphy, who did not own the land, continued to operate on the site despite a […]
- Press release: Dorset and Wiltshire benefit from thousands of new trees May 22, 2015The project – a partnership between the Environment Agency, Woodland Trust, Dorset Wildlife Trust, Wiltshire Wildlife Trust and FWAG SW – has seen the planting of thousands of trees at 5 sites across the 2 counties. The new woodland will benefit wildlife and flood management, helping stabilise river banks, reduce surface water run-off, give shade for fish, a […]
- Press release: Environment Agency offers public the chance to help tackle Wessex flood risk May 22, 2015The Wessex Regional Flood and Coastal Committee is one of 12 Committees across the country that make key decisions on local priorities for flood and coastal risk management. The Environment Agency is looking for 3 members of the public to join the Wessex Regional Flood and Coastal Committee to represent conservation, coastal process and general interests. Ap […]
- Press release: Bank Holiday blitz on illegal angling May 21, 2015Anglers are being reminded that fishing for coarse fish in rivers is off limits until next month and anyone caught fishing illegally can expect to be prosecuted and face a fine. The three-month break – from Sunday 15 March to Monday 15 June – is designed to protect breeding fish. The Environment Agency team will also be ensuring those fishing the many lakes, […]
- Sky was going on this morning about an increase in people eating goat. What nonsense. Corporate propaganda. 1 day ago
- How to Stop Wasting Food – and Start Saving Money hanger17.wordpress.com/2015/05/22/how… 4 days ago
- march against monsanto! hanger17.wordpress.com/2015/05/22/mar… 4 days ago
- MAJOR LAWSUIT TARGETS MONSANTO FOR SELLING CANCER-LINKED HERBICIDE hanger17.wordpress.com/2015/05/22/maj… 4 days ago
- Protesters Block Entrance To Monsanto’s Woodland Facility hanger17.wordpress.com/2015/05/22/pro… 4 days ago
- A List of Ways You Can Fight PETA’s Killing Machine wp.me/pPEwS-2pO 6 days ago
- HARVEY NICHOLS: HERE’S THE REST OF THAT FUR COAT wp.me/pPEwS-2pL 6 days ago
- My Frustration with Animal Rights’ Organizations wp.me/pPEwS-2pK 6 days ago
Please answer poll
Site Posts Calendar
Oxford Indymedia Events
- Palestine Unlocked A Celebration of Palestinian Life and Culture. June 4, 2015 at 5:00 pm – June 21, 2015 at 4:00 pm Venues throughout Oxford
Climate Change Events
- Japan Geoscience Union Meeting 2015 May 24, 2015 – May 29, 2015 Chiba-city, Japan
- 10th Annual International Symposium on Environment, 25-28 May 201 5, Athens, Greece May 25, 2015 – May 29, 2015 Athens, Greece
- C-MORE summer course May 26, 2015 – June 27, 2015 Honolulu, USA
- 2nd International Conference on Earth and Environmental Sciences June 1, 2015 – June 5, 2015 Athens, Greece
- 77th EAGE Conference & Exhibition 2015 June 1, 2015 – June 5, 2015 Madrid, Spain
- WPC Leadership Conference May 26, 2015 at 9:00 am – May 28, 2015 at 6:00 pm , Tromso, Norway
- UNFCCC ADP 2-9 June 1, 2015 at 12:00 am – June 11, 2015 at 12:00 am , Bonn, Germany
- Proteus Partnership Annual General Meeting June 9, 2015 at 9:00 am – June 10, 2015 at 5:00 pm , London, United Kingdom
- CSBI meeting June 11, 2015 at 9:00 am – June 12, 2015 at 5:00 pm , London, United Kingdom
- 8th International Conference on Sustainable Water Resources Management June 15, 2015 at 9:00 am – June 17, 2015 at 5:00 pm , A Coruña, Spain
- CCWG meeting 2 - virtual June 16, 2015 at 3:00 pm – June 17, 2015 at 5:00 pm Conference call, , United Kingdom